Newbie 947 (Game over Scum wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Jerbs »

Hi, Im Jerbs

First off, echoing what Haylen said, you dont want to no lynch on the first day

Vote: Haylen
for plagiarizing
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Jerbs »

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of people have avi's that are white on black?

Just because you're more 'experienced', (a.k.a. SE or IC) doesn't mean you're a better player. Im an SE, yet I have not lived past Night 1 in my previous games
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Jerbs »

@MichelSableheart

That post doesnt help in finding scum. Its just that I've been called out for doing things that apparently newbs do, but i was an SE so people voted on me...

@bemyally

1st time I was killed because of scum tunneling me, and everyone following along
2nd time i was cop
3rd time I replaced out

Hopefully i get to actually live at bit more n this game

I personoly thing that even putting someone at L-1 is okay, provided that everyone knows knows beforehand that it will happen. If he/she gets quicklynched, then you lynch the hammerer
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Jerbs »

just to say I'm still here

I'm mobile right now, il post when I get home
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Jerbs »

Hello Wacka Alpaca

Continuing with what Haylen said, when someone puts "I'm serious" or "Honestly", it implies that they havent been completely honest the whole game. The Mafiawiki is being stupid and not letting me look up the actual name.

Well, I think that voting no lynch during RVS is a newb tell, but i find it a little strange how he quickly unvoted in ten minutes. It just seems like he might have just changed his vote for no reason. His posts were back to back, so nobody could have told him that no lynching was a bad idea. Unless he read the wiki.

But he seemed to try to hide that. Maybe he was hoping for us to overlook it, because he makes no mention of what he just learned, instead saying
superdemongob wrote:acutally, xcom has the fallout guy as his avatar and i didn't really like fallout 3 so...
sorry xcom.
No explanation at all, except for that he didn't like fallout 3

FOS: SDG

and as for now,
Unvote
because it was a random vote, and we are moving out of that stage
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Wed May 05, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Jerbs »

@Michel

No, there's not much of a reason. I guess voting him would make it clearer, but i usually don't like to vote someone until i am absolutely sure that he/she is the one i want lynched
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Jerbs »

@ Mod: I will be V/LA from now till monday night
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #7) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Jerbs »

Lets see...

So bemyally apparently is a girl, Xc0m is lurking, and Me+Weird is failing at analyzing people
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Wacky Alpaca wrote:Obviously Bemy, I mean come on, penis is the biggest idiot in this game, and he doesnt even know it
In my previous game, Razorback was being a complete idiot. However, he ended up being scum, although no one was suspicious of him for a while
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Fri May 14, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Jerbs »

I think we should lynch mb53 today.

Even though he hasn't done much wrong, his predecessor wimped out once it seemed that people were voting for him.

And still hasn't done anything to help us try to tell if he was saying the truth about the unvote.

He repeatedly states "Lynch me", and even says
SDG wrote:i'm not trying some weird tactic where you see my confidence and back down, i'm serious. lynch me, waste a lynch OR we can focus on finding real scum.
I don't know what "weird tactic" is suppsed to mean, but its kinda strange someone would post this

...And then
SDG wrote:if you guys are gonna lynch me, please do so otherwise i'm gonna ask for a replacement.
the reason i ask is because its not fair to ask for a replacement only to get that person lynched as soon as they arrive.
SDG wrote:i'm not trying to convince you i'm not scum, i'm just wondering whether the lynch is going through cus its a bitch move to replace out just before getting lynched. if using a word like honest is an appeal to emotion then i'm gonna be doing that a lot since thats my way of speech and you guys are ignoring context.
SDG wrote:sorry that some of you took my wanting to replace out so harshly, being vindictive only makes you a horrid person, i'm not quitting cus i'm suspected scum in fact on the other forum i was talking about i got to an L-1 vote and probably gonna die today. i'm not replacing out of that game. i just don't want to be a player who doesn't really feel like playing cus that would ruin the game for all of you.
a few problems i have with this is that:

1.He pretty much just says "Yeah, screw you guys, im gunno go play on somewhere else, so don't lynch me because the next guy that replaces in will be PO'd that he gets lynched. And even if you do lynch me, im gone now, Loser."
2. Repeadeatly states "Im not scum". I don't think that one has to say the same thing so many times.
3. Also asks for us to lynch him. Now this can be taken with a bit of WIFOM, but IMO if someone asks people to lynch them, they are most likely scum. I don't know why, if he was town, he would do this.

Part 2:

mb53 replaces in. And isn't lynched. (yet)
mb53 wrote:Most of the votes on me look more like newb-tells than scum-tells.
I acknowledge that he needs to defend himself, but i think its a misstatement to say that everything was a newb tell.

he is active, but lacks a little on the content side. But then again, all of us are like that. It is true though that most his posts have some stuff in them

..........................................................................................................

So, i think that even though mb53 is not SUPA scummy, SDG's play makes me think otherwise. I believe that SDG/mmb53 may be scum, im not sure. However, SDG's scummy moves make me want to vote him.

Vote: mb53

@Haylen

was RB's last game Newbie 914? (just out of curiosity, because i was in that game)

[/quote]
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #10) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Jerbs »

@Wacka Alpaca

I didnt have enough time, or the motivation to write up a wall of text earlier.

also, I'm a hyprocrite. That tends to happen alot in MS games.

@mb53
my mistake then. Hypocrisy is very big in MS

@Haylen

I think bird modded my game. I usually remember games by how i died in them.
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Jerbs »

@Wacka Alpaca

Bemy is is girl. Remember that

@Michel

Thats a good point. I didnt think of that
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #12) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Wacka Alpaca wrote: why would I do such an obviously horrible play like that?
:arrow: SE note: "why would I" is WIFOM. Likewise, "If i were scum/town" is also WIFOM
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #13) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Jerbs »

@mb53

Alright, so if you want to look at someone to try to see if they're town or scum, you can't say hyprocritical things?

What if Player X was using a lot of AtE, and so did Player Y?

Player Y points out that Player X is using AtE. And as a result, Player Y is saying "I'm normally scummy, pay no attention to me."? I don't understant that.

It was my mistake for saying
everything
was a newb tell
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #14) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Jerbs »

mb53 wrote:Player 1 who posted almost no content votes player 2 for not posting content. Player 2 attacks back calling player 1 a hypocrite, and player 1 says "No, I am always a hypocrite, it isn't scummy", which is a scummy thing to say.
Where exactly did i say hypocrisy isn't scummy? I just said that it was not a major scumtell.

@bemyally

AtE is Appeal to Emotion
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #15) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Jerbs »

Well, seeing that we need the full five people to lynch (correct me if im wrong)

its a choice between WA and M=W...

well WA was distancing, and not defending himself, so
Vote: Wacka Alpaca
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #16) » Fri May 28, 2010 12:42 am

Post by Jerbs »

sorry I'm mobile right now
I've been caugt up with school for the past week
I'll post when I get home
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #17) » Fri May 28, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Jerbs »

and Happy Birthday Michel!
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 am

Post by Jerbs »

Yeah...

im still here

i have finals

just give me time to read everything
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Jerbs »

Alright I'm back

@jmurph3

Lets see... I voted for WA after i got home from school. WA claimed cop at 12:42 in the morning. mb53 hammered at 7:48 that morning. I don't think I had a chance to vote someone else.
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Jerbs »

sorry i was stuck doing finals

I agree we are missing more people
Happy birthday jmurph3!

Why are we voting Michel? How is trying to lead the town a scumtell?
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Jerbs »

Hold on a moment.

Michel is an IC. Shouldn't he be dead by now? I mean, scum would probably kill off the most experienced players first, and it is already day 3.
I think that Michel may be scum.

@Michel
Any reasoning as to why you may still be alive?
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Jerbs »

@jmurph

Michel is an IC, so theoretically, he is more experienced than I. Also, I'm pretty sure Haylen was killed D2 because Wacka claimed cop on D1, making him the NK for N1.

Also, there has been talk of me lurking. I believe scum would like to keep me alive to mess the town up. Thats with WIFOM, of course
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:04 am

Post by Jerbs »

@Mod V/LA from about tomorrow morning till next week. Just putting it here now so i wont forget.

I'll be rereading, and will be back on with a hopefully useful analysis in about 6 hours
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Jerbs »

What I have to say is...

Vote: jmurph3
V/LA on most weekends
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Jerbs »

Just a question to town...

Why wasn't I lynched?
V/LA on most weekends

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”