Newbie 948: Mod Abandoned

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Hello my fellow friends, how about we start the day we a couple of questions.

I personally don't believe in RVS, so I will ask some random questions.

Choose between any of the ones I ask, if you would like to ask more than one, this is fine.
1) Is this your first game?

1a) If so how do you feel you will operate for today?
1b) If not, how did your most recent game develop? What was your alignment? Did you win? How do you feel about the win/loss.

2) Do any of you have 'beef' or previous experiences with other players in this game? Please go into detail about it.

3) Do questions bug you? (hint: i'll ask you more questions if you say no :P )

I will have more soon.
2) [/Quote]
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Antiximo »

EBWOP: oh, and one question JUST for ycz6. Everyone seemed to confirm quite quickly, you are the last to do so. In fact, you have yet to confirm. Should I be expecting lurking activity from you in the future?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Cyanide, there are questions just for you to answer above. Also, let's say ycz6 continues to lurk for 48 hours without confirmation or conversation, would you rather modkill or lynch.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Also, I thought i would give some insight as to why I do not believe in RVS.

Some background history into my life as a mafia player.

I began in Epic Mafia, with no experience of playing in real life or forum mafia. (I heard my friends talk about playing it with cards, however I never actually played it). Epicmafia.com was the website (i still frequent it to this day).

Online mafia is very fast paced in comparison to forum, and relies heavily on role claiming and abusing power roles. Because of this, RVS stages generally are not necessary and are generally excluded.

Therefore as I move into the forum mafia world (i heard it's more cozy around here), I've never understood the idea of RVS'ing and how it is generally important except to make fake connections with others (take that comment how you want to).

So I don't do it.

Until I get a complete understanding of it, i probably will continue to not do it.

However that's more story on not RVS'ing, now i will be stalking your posts.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I tend to post a lot, I don't think it has anything to do with you paying attention.

So you have experience with mafia games, this will bring good conversation then Dr.Cyanide. Please explain what you mean by 'V/LA' please. To respond to 1a). The usual probing is based by questions or answers to questions. Of course you can probe someone just by making conversation for no reason, but I don't like to do this, i like to keep things smooth and even.

The questions are to get you all to talk, there are newbies afoot after all, we don't want them lurking around. I'd rather reach to all then reach to a few. I am willing to answer my own questions and will do so at the end of this post.

Being too much of a threat eh? So you can play a pretty mean pro-town then. I'm going to expect you to be top-notch and making some high quality posts Cyanide. I'm counting on you.

I see you didn't explain much about your Mafia role, that's quite interesting.

As you wanted Cyanide, (i'm going to call you Dr. C) here are the answers to my questions.

1) Is this your first game?
- In Mafiascum.net, this if my first game played. I'm in the middle of playing four other games on smashboards.com in the mafia subforum, so i don't consider myself new in any sense. I've gotten a lot of experience with many different players, all of those times i've played as town, so i've gotten a strong feel as to how I will play the game as town.

1a) If so how do you feel you will operate for today?
-Although this isn't my first, I will operate by asking questions, pressuring to (hopefully) breaking point, and generally being as active as possible. On one half it gives a lot of information to re-read, on the other half it gives a lot of information against me, and makes me stick my neck out like an ostrich.

1b) If not, how did your most recent game develop? What was your alignment? Did you win? How do you feel about the win/loss.
- I said in the answer of 1a, that my alignment was town every game: none of the games are over, therefore there is no win/loss record.

2) Do any of you have 'beef' or previous experiences with other players in this game? Please go into detail about it.
- I have no experience with any of you.

3) Do questions bug you? (hint: i'll ask you more questions if you say no )
- I love questions, however I will ask the validity of questions if I feel they will get us no where.

@mod - if someone gets modkilled, and they are town , does the day end immediately? If they are mafia does the day continue?

A modkill will result in the day ending, however, a player not confirming will likely be replaced as they will be prodded unless the town chooses to lynch that person.

-Fuzzy
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I didn't stalk your posts due to your vote. I re-read constantly to ensure I don't miss anything.

Taking a leadership role isn't a problem Dr. C, taking a leadership role and leading in the wrong direction is a problem (leading a lynch that ends up being townie or a PR, etc.)

I don't agree with RVS, I'm not expecting people to follow suit with me, I only wanted to explain so me not participating doesn't bite me in the butt later. Also since I'm not participating in the RVS, why not ask some questions along the way?

On that note.
Dr.C wrote: Neither, I'd rather have him replaced because I'm not Anti-Town.
I just want further clarification, what makes mod killing anti-town? What makes you think that ycz6 is infact, town? (modkilling a mafia would be quite pro-town). I need further clarification on that statement please sir.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Yes, I am counting on you Dr. C, to give quality posts from now on. You have explained to me that at one point, mafia has considered you a 'threat' and killed you during the night (however I just noted that mafia still won that game, perhaps you weren't as much of a threat as considered). You have potential to be great town however from the wording you gave me, therefore i want to see it in your posts. If I don't, i can only consider you scum.

You have also said that you do have experience with this game, so I cannot be lenient in your scumtells.

I do not know if you are scum or town Dr.C, I can only truly trust myself, however everyone starts on a clean slate. Because of this everyone is equally town, or equally scummy, whichever view you'd like to take.

Instead of telling everyone 'don't act scummy' i'd rather tell them 'act town'.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Dr.C wrote:
The question isn't what makes mod-killing anti-town, but what makes wanting mod-kills anti-town. Mod-kills on town players obviously make scums job easier. So I question why you would ask the mod about mod-kills in the that regard.

I think we have a miscommunication between the mod-kills i previously asked mod. I come from a place where inactivity and replacing is quite common ground. We have a rule set that if mafia dies due to modkill, then the day continues, if a townie dies by modkill, then the day ends. I just wanted to clarify whether or not this would be true for this game as well. It would be anti-town in the sense of a townie going afk for 48+ hours and we deciding to kill him. But if a scummy player happened to go afk for 48+ hours, and we modkill him, we continue with a second lynch on a second FoS, which is potentially pro-town.

Dr.C wrote:Trying to get me to conform to 'your standards' is not going to help you/town let alone help you look better to town.
Woah now Dr.C let's calm down here. We're just friendly people trying to find scum. All my standards are is to clearly portray your FoS's and give good points. Anyone slacking could fall behind radar, seem scummier than they should be, and generally become that one townie end-game who doesn't know who to vote due to inactivity in actual conversations. I just want to make sure that this doesn't happen to our little Town of Town Town. (oh that's funny to say)
Then degrading me in the same sentence still doesn't help you.
Perhaps that was a bit insulting of me. I do apologize Dr.C. In the end, you being dead town after your scum hunt doesn't portray that town will win. After all a town is only as strong as it's weakest link am i right?

I have potential to be great town, and a threat to you if you are scum, therefore you set the standard you wish me to conform to, so you can paint a target on my back.
I would think that Mafia would be more prone to cause confusion, pick on small things that townies do to raise suspicion, or just hang under the radar. However that's an interesting and risky way to play scum I must say. However that's now how I roll sir C. Me going any more into this subject would only cause unnecessary WIFOM**, so we will discuss this later I'm sure sir :).
And if I don't conform to your standard, I'm scum anyway. Nice try.
To be honest, I will say that not pointing out FoS's, conversing amongst one another, and being active would make me consider you as scummy, whether I wrote my introductory phrases or not.
Yeah, well the same goes for you buddy, and it's not looking good. Especially considering you're already trying to insinuate that I've made scum-tells. (good to see you're reading the wiki though.)
To say that I'm seeming more scummy because I felt something was a potential scum-tell and I wanted to clarify, is pretty off logic in my opinion. However I will let you think what you will.

** - WIFOM
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Sir Thunderclees, to answer your question I truthfully can't tell you. In my experience i have to finish a single game, there are different people leading who seem scummy however turn up town, and there is one particular person I'm playing with who feels as pro-town as possible achievable, however with his experience I feel he is more than likely scum out of a hunch. However the easiest way to play mafia as scum is to blend in, agree with comments, sheep votes, partner alliances with town, etc. So I would find that being quiet is a more obvious option.

Also please understand my modkill comment wasn't directly exactly at zcv6, it was only directed at modkilling in general, for example when we're halfway through game and have lost a couple of townies to scum, or something to that extent. I wouldn't see a mod-kill this early in the game being pro-town either.

Ycz6, if you would like, i'd recommend reading the conversations that have already happened, and seeing if you find anything that bugs you in particular about someone's views, you might find some scumminess here as well. The conversation between me and Dr. C has some juicy information from both ends of the table (the table between Dr.C and I that is ;) ).

Welcome to Mafia :)
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Antiximo »

Oh my god, i've deleted my message to you all about five times in the Ps3 browser. This is going to be abnormally short.

@Bunnypitt - I did some theorycrafting after reading your post and you are correct that mod-killing from any form or time is generally anti-town.

@Thunderclees87 - Yes, I would consider it anti-town if someone pressured for the mod-kill instead of the replacement.

@Zodiark - EST GMT -5
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Antiximo »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Ok so just read the thread so far, and IMO Antix has posted alot.....but alot of it is fluff. He just goes on and on and it is tiresome to read, cut it down, say what you need to say as precisly as possible.

The only case i see Mod-killing as an option is if they break the rules. It shouldnt be used on inactive players, thats what replacements are for.

and my timezone is...... GMT-6 i think....its 3:41 when im posting this
Okay Mr.CoheedCambria09. I will make every post as short as possible just for you :).

Answer more questions from the 1st page that i've posted. Ask more questions in general.

You aren't randomly voting, why?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Antiximo »

EBWOP : Muthaa. Random Voting Stage, is voting a random person with an uninformative reason. Random question stage is the stage to ask random questions.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Antiximo »

If you were asked a dumb question would you answer it?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Antiximo »

@Pittbunny, you said Da, what does that mean?

@brothernature - I thought i explained what had against RVS in a previous page. However if it was 'tl;dr', I didn't do it in Epic Mafia and scumhunted just fine. Won't do it now because I have a good idea how to get the ball rolling.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Alive and Kicking

How are you doing today?

Along with the questions from Page1, Who's looking scummy?

@BRothernature - I shall get an avatar just for you :)
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Well, I was thinking just 'alive'. But since you brought it up, you can answer the question as well.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Pittbunny, i'm assuming you're saying that i'm scummy. Is it the overexcessive conversation? The pressure to lead town? Or a post in particular.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Do you feel that would have moved forwards without my conversation or leading?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:05 am

Post by Antiximo »

You can believe this comment if you want Zodiark13. I actually did respond to your message on a previous date, it didn't go through and I must have missed it. Regardless my response wasn't very good in any case.
You're one of THOSE people...:?
Indeed, with explanation under that as well sir.
Generally, trying something is a good way of getting an understanding of it.
While doing something is a good way to learn it, I'd rather not do something i'm not used to. It will not bring us any closer to winning this game if I decide to vote or not vote someone in RVS. If it truly does geko than I apologize before hand.

Obvious attempt at buddying. Not a good idea.
Please explain how this is bad for me sir. Asking for information from someone is not buddying to me.

The bolded part? You're basically saying the both of you are scum. Sorry Dr.C, seems you scumbuddy ratted the both of you out.
I only said there's a great amount of dialogue between us, and that he should read it and see if he catches anything.

[/img][/hr]
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 am

Post by Antiximo »

Even disregarding Antiximo's odd "juicy information" statement, both Dr. Cyanide and and Anti seem pretty scummy. Dr.C's post #16 is extremely defensive, especially this bit:
Ooh, you got information! I'm ready to pick this baby apart :D
There's certainly something to be said for calling out buddying, which Anti was doing, but Dr.C's response is unusually harsh. It seems like he's trying to set up himself up as counter to Anti
I can see where you're coming from, and I agree he's pushing hard from my 'buddying'. I promise you guys, I just want some love and to kill scum :(. Let's not get to hasty here!

Anyways

I was originally going to wait for Dr. C's response to this post to see if it's a legit scum-tell, however he has yet to respond.
Anti's response to this post, #22, is also suspicious. He does a lot of placating, and seems to dodge Dr.C's accusations rather than directly addressing them. Also, things like
Antiximo wrote:We're just friendly people trying to find scum.
are pretty sketchy.
Oh you silly liar. I answered all of his comments directly :lol:
Finally, and most unusually, despite all this conflict, neither player votes for or even puts a significant FoS on the other.
This is not enough information to vote a person to be lynched from it. The vote is quite a powerful tool y'know, I don't feel the need to pressure him indefinately, because I feel he's quite bugged already (read: my buddying towards him).

While, I can see that he should be voting me after my powerful attempt of 'buddying', and refused to. I have no reason to do the same to him.
Both are stated opponents of RVS, but I think at this point we are well out of what would have been RVS anyway.
You are correct.
It's as if the two of them are trying to act like antagonists without actually drawing suspicion on either of them. At the moment, Dr.C seems more scummy than Anti, so
Vote: Dr.Cyanide
Scum is scum good sir. From my point of view, I would rather have killed me first instead of Dr. C. Afterall, I clearly was buddying with Dr. C. I'm the one who's scummier from that comment correct?

Anti, is your super-friendly attitude just part of your (Internet) personality? Dr.C, why did you take such offense to Anti's complimenting you?[/quote]
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Antiximo »

Thunderclees87 wrote:
Antiximo wrote:@Thunderclees87 - Yes, I would consider it anti-town if someone pressured for the mod-kill instead of the replacement.
Ok. The reason I asked was that you had originally asked about modkill vs. lynch, with no mention of replacement. Replacement seems to be the best outcome for the town in this situation so I wondered why you hadn't seemed to consider it, but apparently you have.
Why of course I would.

Also, I would like to note that this internet personality that I've come to show you all, is quite fickle. It changes amongst each games to make the game a bit more fun ;)
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Antiximo »

FUZZY IS HAVING A BIRTHDAY!

:bee:
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Antiximo »

These insults are hurtful Zodiark, why must you hurt me like this?! :(.

Let's start off saying, please do not bring real life situations into mafia games. However if you must know, I generally have college from 6am to 9pm, during this time there are multiple breaks, in which i check posts and reply. Also I just like to talk. Do you have a problem with me doing this?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I made the effort to answer a few in the beginning, however I'm not going to answer all of them (unless asked to answer one).

Each question is situational, and because of that I want your answer and no one elses (another person giving an answer gives scum an answer to latch onto) l. Me giving an answer to everything only gives scum the potential to weasel out of a sticky situation.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Antiximo »

On that note, Muthaa, I understand short statements, however yours seem extremely lacking. Who's scum to you? The best way to get into a game of mafia is to dive headfirst into it, ask questions, and have fun peoples :)

With this lacking point of conversation. I'm going to go off a whim here.

vote : Dr. Cyanide

We have general scum-tells from him. He became extremely offensive from my buddying, however it was to the point of being unsettling, than being acceptable.

He was potentially I.C, from this we can assume that he has quite enough experience to be able to collect information calmly and access the situation well enough to know when someone is scummy. While he clearly points out my buddying, he does not vote me. Perhaps he is trying to fit the buddying facade in order to keep me as a scum target? Perhaps, perhaps not.

However, after this conversation, he has dropped from the face of the earth for two pages, giving no defense to himself. I'm personally excited to thrilled to see him post again with the new votes! :). Hopefully it's enough for him to give us more information.

Vote: Dr. Cyanide
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Antiximo »

EBWOP : I voted twice. I apologize, I know you're probably getting over a hangover fuzzy, however for the sake of it not looking unsightly, could you delete my first vote?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I find it odd that you wait until now to vote for him,
Oh dear! Sir you shouldn't! :cry:

While to you it might seem scummy, I had gotten a hands on conversation amongst every player in this game, and after doing so I allowed Dr. C a time of defense. Since this has not happened, I have induced him to be the best option for lynch for the time being. I'm glad you pointed this out though :).
now that there is already a vote on Dr. C,
Is this important? I understand randomly coming in when someone's at L-2, however I could say the same for you considering someone else has voted me earlier in this gaming segment. Please be aware this isn't an OMGUS, just a point i wanted to point out.
when you had the opportunity to point out all of these facts much earlier and place your vote on him.
You are correct, I should have done this earlier.
You made several posts between the time Dr. C left the conversation and had yet to post for quite some time, and ycz's vote,
Much of this was conversations with people other than Dr. C, you can cite me for this I am sure.
I don't really understand why you would wait to point out something you find scummy and place your vote. With that said,
Vote: Antiximo
Oh you are hysterical! Why WOULDN'T I want to post why I find someone scummy before I vote? :roll:
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Antiximo »

Pittbunny wrote:
brothernature wrote:
Antiximo wrote: Oh you are hysterical! Why WOULDN'T I want to post why I find someone scummy before I vote? :roll:
You seem to misunderstand what I'm saying. What I was saying was that I don't like how you didn't post these reasons as soon as you could have, and you only did so after someone else voted for this person for the exact reasons you are. To me it seems like your just looking for an easy place to put your vote.
That's...what usually happens when a player spams the first few pages with nothing but questions. They get a handful of players who they can justify as interrogating via question density, thus being able to jump on a wagon with only minor hitches. Antiximo was just fortunate that someone picked someone he had questioned moreso than others.
So you're telling me my large base of questions was something that should be considered scummy.

Let me go into more detail about why I didn't post against Dr. C.

For one, Many of the things that I talked to him about, I didn't see as scummy from first conversation, I only considered it rude. The reason I caught on to it in the first place was due to ycz's comments on Dr. C. I re-read and based my own comments amongst this . The reason I said I should have come up with this earlier is due to the fact that I'm the one who started the conversation, therefore I'm the one who should've caught the 'scum-tells' from the get go.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Ah, so there's set reactions depending on your alignment. I didn't know that Pittbunny, thanks.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I'm posting a lot because I check this page often, and i enjoy conversing.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Antiximo »

-yawn- so yeah guys, what's up :)
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #31) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Antiximo »

Zodiark13 wrote:See anti, this is why we have RVS. I have yet to see a game go stale like this with it. RVS has always led to discussion in my previous games.
Are you sure it's just not people being inactive? I myself have been inactive in this thread a little bit. The exact same thing happened to RVS in a mafia game i'm playing, and we're 8 pages knee deep in conversation.

This thread is just inactive in general, me asking questions didn't derail RVS, the fact that people are inactive and find no reason to post is what is derailing RVS.

Please don't go around blaming a full community's lack of communication on one person. I only truly contacted one person worth information
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #32) » Sun May 02, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Antiximo »

A list of events on chronological order in order to answer your question thunder

1) I talked to Dr. C
2) I was bugged by response, but thought nothing of it. (this is where i SHOULD have caught on to it, and what i'm referring to when I said i should've done this earlier in my second answer))
3) Discussion amongst everyone else.
4) Noted scumminess in Dr. C's post through another player.
5) Time was given for Dr. C (not a lot of time, considering my discussion with others was time in itself. Point #4 and #5 is what i'm referring to in my first answer)
6) Wrote my post against Dr.C

Both answers that I gave were correct Thunder,
Muthaa wrote: As for Anti, he seems a little scummy to me. Mostly because of the buddying. I think he's trying too much to :
During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
(the blend part)
Inconsistency sir? I would think that i'm actually standing out amongst the rest of town.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #33) » Sun May 02, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Antiximo »

Muthaa wrote:For the avatar: ok.
I think he's accusing you of doing the "hiding in plain sight" thing: attempting to make yourself very well known for being normal.
Yeah, although I wouldn't use "accusing".
then what would you mean then Muthaa?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #34) » Sun May 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Are you saying i'm scummy so you fit in with the group Muthaa?

Because you shouldn't be afraid of accusing me in the first place.

It sounds like you're wishy washy on the subject.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #35) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Thatguy00, while you are new to the game, should you really be reacting upon a rv this late?
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #36) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Antiximo »

Dr.Cyanide wrote:
ycz6 wrote: Dr.C's post #16 is extremely defensive, especially this bit:
Dr.Cyanide wrote:
I have potential to be great town, and a threat to you if you are scum, therefore you set the standard you wish me to conform to, so you can paint a target on my back. And if I don't conform to your standard, I'm scum anyway. Nice try.

There's certainly something to be said for calling out buddying, which Anti was doing, but Dr.C's response is unusually harsh. It seems like he's trying to set up himself up as counter to Anti
Dr.C, why did you take such offense to Anti's complimenting you?

I'd be willing to take my vote off of you if you provided a satisfactory explanation.
Anti's attempts at buddying, whilst being patronizing generally pissed me off. How I looked at it, he was scum trying to look pro-town, looking for a scapegoat for later in the game. I don't like being pinned as someones scapegoat, especially when their win condition isn't the same as mine. Either way it seems to have worked though, as my retaliation to him has garnered me two votes and suspicion. But if Anti gets lynched and he's town- does the fact that I thought he was scum trying to set me up get me lynched as well?

Anyway, as I said before, I'm still 50/50 on him, I said leaning over-eager town before, but the more I look at him, the more my opinion slides.

Also-

[quote="ycz6']
Dr.Cyanide wrote:

I remain weary of ycz6 as the vote analysis and reading that I've done has put him in two hypothetical scum-teams.

Erm, care to explain?
Looking at Vote Analysis, and previous posts, I've put you in two hypothetical scumteams. What is there to explain?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

actually, one mafia would need to take down about 3-4 townies in this setup in order to be generally helpful.

:|

If i was mafia (sorry, WIFOM) I wouldn't get myself taken down just for you.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #37) » Thu May 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Antiximo »

This game is getting quite inactive.

:|
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #38) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Antiximo »

i'm going to recount. :/
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #39) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Antiximo »

yep, i'm definately dead.

go town.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #40) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Antiximo »

Y'know, i really don't know what to tell you guys. I mean, i left for a moment with two votes, and now I'm dead. I don't see many of you voted the way you voted. Perhaps you just wanted to lynch some one? I don't know.. But I guess it brings back activity.

For starters, I'm going to look at the question i can see most clearly, which is Muthaa's.

for one, if you vote now, your vote will not work in the next day, for obvious reasons (let's say you die tonight, your vote wouldn't have mattered).

secondly, it's not the fact that he voted, it's the fact that YOU killed me. You were the person who put the noose around my neck, while everyone else added to it, you were the one who did it, plain and simple. Your carelessness lost a townie.

For everyone, look back at why people voted me, some of them make little to no sense, ycz6 gave information about Dr.C, however voted me. What does anything having to do with Dr. C make me any more or less scummy? Nothing.

What makes it worse, is thatguy00 agreed with ycz over things that had nothing to do with me.

Also thatguy00, i want to point out something to you.

If i was to flip a coin, the chances of me getting heads it 1/2. to get heads twice is 1/4, three times is 1/8th and so forth.

however, no matter how you put it, if you go coin by coin, the chance of getting heads for that one coin will always be 1/2.

So why did i say this?

I said earlier that i've never been scum before. What does that have to do with
THIS
game? Nothing! I'm more likely to be town than scum by a long shot (7/9 for town to 2/9 for scum). Understand that i had no reason to answer that question, so in a sense, i never
had
to give that info for you to scum hunt off of it. it seems as if you're looking to hard into people being scummy for trying to lead. LEADING IS NOT BAD.

All in all, i was trying to lead us, yes. However with the negative remarks i got from it, along with the 'scum-tells' that came up. I stopped, and eventually lost interest in the game due to close-minded thinking. Don't tunnel on two people just because they're the people with the most activity, you'll find yourselves letting mafia slip through the cracks.

But anyways, I'm done with this game, good luck town.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #41) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Antiximo »

EBWOP : in the first phrase "i don't see
why
many of you..."
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #42) » Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Antiximo »

UM, why would you put pressure on someone who is tied for the most votes in the group? You're not really helping with that :/
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #43) » Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Antiximo »

you know that the game is generally inactive, what happens when games are inactive? People die. MUCH faster than usual. So doing that just started an avalanche.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #44) » Sun May 09, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Antiximo »

ycz6 wrote:Cyanide's posts after his return made me believe he was town trying to play a gambit rather than scum, so you (Anti) became my main suspect. I looked at your posts between Cyanide's return and my post. None of them made you look any less suspicious than you were on on page 5; it seemed like you were trying to avoid attention and stay active by occasionally agreeing with other players.

The reason my shift from Dr.C to you was so abrupt is that I didn't want to tip my hand to you if you were scum. L-1 is much more pressure than L-2; I wanted you to claim, as I thought there was a chance you were Cop based on your play earlier in the game.
I did not expect you to get lynched before you had the chance to say anything.
Even in retrospect, I don't think my vote was a mistake, and I stand by my action.
Antiximo wrote:you know that the game is generally inactive, what happens when games are inactive? People die. MUCH faster than usual. So doing that just started an avalanche.
Actually, I did not know that. I have no reference for how fast a game usually goes, so to me it seemed like it was moving along at a reasonable pace, with the deadline still over a week away.

no, it was a mistake, you shouldn't let them leave l-2. if you are going to put them at l-1. bold it, make sure EVERYONE knows the danger i'm in to get lynched. you don't just vote and go on with your way, because no someone hammered, and there's nothing against him because NO ONE said anything about it, like serious wtf. you were at l-1 before thatguy agreed with you. Please make sure to be CAUTIOUS with your votes, count, RECOUNT if you have to.
Killin some scum.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Antiximo »

OoC post - wow a lot of people got replaced eh?
Killin some scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”