Newbie 925: A Dark Night In Sudotopia, Town Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Newbie 925: A Dark Night In Sudotopia, Town Wins!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The idyllic and oddly named town of Sudotopia is under threat! Some no-good mafia punks have come to town, and they intend to stay- by force! There's only one logical thing to do: It's time to fight back and take back your streets.

Backup Mod: Haylen the Awesome

Deadline May 19th

Living Players

VasudeVa
greenindirt
TheCheshireCat

LordChronos

Dead Players

razorback
Townie
, Modkilled Day One
Sevis
Toon Fighter
Townie
, Killed Night One
OmeedESF
Townie
, Lynched Day Two
jmj3000
Townie
, Lynched Day Three
easjo682
Goon
, Lynched Day Four
kingcod
Doctor
, Killed Night Four
Jahudo
icemanE
Goon
, Lynched Day Five.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 25 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Rules post:
1. First and foremost, this is a game, and that means everyone is supposed to have fun.
2. Days last for three weeks, or until a majority vote for a lynch has been reached. Votes must be bolded- e.g.
Vote: Sudo_Nym

3. For ease of bookkeepping, please unvote (e.g.
Unvote
) before changing your vote to somebody else. It isn't absolutely required, but is much appreciated.
4. If no majority is reached within the three week time limit, then it goes down as a no lynch, so I suggest you be active.
5. I reserve the right to shorten the deadline to encourage activity, as necessary, or to extend the deadline under special circumstances, but don't expect it to happen.
6. The mafia gets to kill one person every night. I don't care who submits the kill to me, so long as the mafia agrees.
7. The mafia is allowed to talk to each other at night via PMs. They may not talk during the day, and if you aren't mafia, then you don't get to PM the other players at all.
8. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I am so not kidding.
9. I will prod you after 48 hours with no activity, and start looking for replacements after 72 hours. If you know you'll be away, though, let me know, and we'll work something out.
10. I post in
Red
. This is my color, for posting important mod stuff. Don't use red. You can have any other color, if black isn't good enough for you.
11. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread until it is complete.
12. You may think you've found a way around my rules, but trust me, you haven't. Loopholes are punishable by death.
13. I am always right, but if you think I'm not, send me a PM, and I'll point out where you were mistaken.
14. The mod is your friend, and will help when necessary, though I can't discuss game specifics. You also have ICs, who are here to give in-game help. Note, however, that this doesn't guarantee that they're townies; their alignment is randomly assigned as well.
15. Remember, you agreed to a code of honor when you joined the site.
New Rule! Using encryption schemes, small or invisible text, or similar to try and break the game is forbidden. Remember that you're here to learn, and breaking strategies don't help that.
I know that seems like a lot of rules, but most of them should never come up, if we all play nice.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

This game is under the F11 setup, which is now the standard for newbie games on the site, and was adopted to prevent game-breaking. It will feature one of the following formats, randomly selected:

- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, vs. 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker vs. 7 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies.

Note that, under the first two setups, if the goon dies, the roleblocker will still be allowed to kill in addition to roleblocking, and may select different targets for his abilities.

The following are copies of the role pms that may be sent out during this game, with the names excluded, natch:
Townie
- You are a member of the town, out to root out the mafia and defend your town. You don't have any special powers, beyond your ability to think, reason, and vote. You win when the mafia is dead.
Cop
- You are a sworn police officer, and defender of the town. Each night, you may investigate a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate, and I will tell you if that player is town or mafia. You may only do this once each night, though, so choose wisely. You win when the mafia is dead.
Doctor
- You are a trained medical professional, and defender of the town. Each night, you may protect a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to protect; if that player would be killed during the night, that kill is cancelled and the player will continue to live. You may only protect one player every night, and this protect continues only for that night. You may protect yourself, if you wish. You win when the mafia is dead.
Mafia
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner is crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the Mafia wants to wack, and that player shall snuff it.
Mafia Roleblocker
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner in crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the mafia wants to wak, and that player shall snuff it. You also have the power to roleblock another player- PM me the name of the player you want to block, and if that player has a night power, they will be blocked from using it that night.
Admittedly, I may have overdone it on the flavor, so if you have any questions about your actual abilities, feel free to ask me via PM or your IC in thread, and one of us will be sure to clarify.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

All role PMs are away, please confirm in thread that you've read them and are here.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #6 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

easjo682 wrote:/confirm

Hey I'm a SE around here which means I've played a couple games here and can give you so advice or point which way is up. There's another SE and a IC around here as well. The IC has even more experience and may be able to help even more.

HI!
Actually, there's a shortage of newbies at the moment, which means that kingcod is the only pure newbie in the game. icemanE is an IC, and everyone else is an SE.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alright, as soon as icemanE shows up, we can begin.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #25 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So the gang's all here, and the day starts! Have at it; remember, newbies have three week deadlines, so you have until March 29th to decide whom to lynch!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

This post is to take up space so i can have the first post count on the top of the next page!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

LordChronos 2- easjo682, razorback
icemanE 2- TheCheshireCat, OmeedESF
easjo682 1- LordChronos
OmeedESF 1- Toon Fighter
razorback 1- kingcod
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #59 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

@Sudo

Is iceman up for a prod?
He has already been prodded; if he persists in being gone, then I'll have to start looking for a replacement.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Now searching for a replacement for icemanE
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count!

OmeedESF 4
- Toon Fighter, LordChronos, easjo682, kingcod
icemanE 2- TheCheshireCat, OmeedESF
LordChronos 1- razorback

A friendly note from your friendly neighborhood mod: Omeed is at L-1, which means one more vote will result in his lynch. A lynch is irrevocable, so consider carefully!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #81 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Jahudo replaces icemanE
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #94 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sevis replaces Toon Fighter
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #100 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 3- LordChronos, jmj3000, OmeedESF
OmeedESF 1- Sevis
Jahudo 1- TheCheshireCat
LordChronos 1- razorback

For the sake of continuity, replacements have kept their votes on, unless their replacement said something in thread to change that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 2- jmj3000, OmeedESF
razorback 2- Sevis, LordChronos
Jahudo 1- TheCheshireCat
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #153 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 2- jmj3000, OmeedESF
razorback 2- Sevis, LordChronos
Jahudo 1- TheCheshireCat
OmeedESF 1- Jahudo

Remember, deadline is March 29.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #162 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

greenindirt replaces TheCheshireCat
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #176 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 3- jmj3000, OmeedESF, razorback
razorback 3- Sevis, LordChronos, greenindirt
OmeedESF 1- Jahudo

Remember, deadline is March 29.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #185 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Talking about ongoing games outside of their thread is a violation of site rules, and will not be tolerated.

Razorback (
Townie
) is modkilled. It is now
Night One
. Those of you with night actions may now send them in.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #186 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The sun rises, but
Sevis
(
Townie
) doesn't; he was killed in the middle of the night.

It's now Day Two! Deadline is set for April Tenth, so get on it!

Note that a new rule has been added. Encryption scheme, small or invisible texts, and other things of that ilk are forbidden; this is a learning game, not an exercise in breaking strategies.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #202 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 2- greenindirt, easjo
OmeedESF 2- Jahudo, kingcod
jmj3000 1- LordChronos

With 7 alive, 4 will lynch. jmj3000 is being prodded.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #208 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

greenindirt wrote:Just realized now that razorback was modkilled Thursday and the thread was locked until Saturday evening. It's not unreasonable for jmj not to have posted in that timeframe, I don't think he was actually eligible for a prod.
He was closing in on two days without posting, and I wanted to be sure that he nocticed the day had switched.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #252 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count!

kingcod 3- greenindirt, easjo , OmeedESF
OmeedESF 1- Jahudo

With 7 alive, 4 votes will lynch!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #277 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 2- greenindirt, OmeedESF
jmj3000 2- LordChronos, easjo682
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #302 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 3- greenindirt, OmeedESF, jmj3000
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #325 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

kingcod 3- greenindirt, OmeedESF, jmj3000

Remember, the deadline is April 10th.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #349 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

This post for purposes of post count being on the top of the next page. Also a reminder; now that the Easter weekend is over and we're all coming back, I'd like to see some more activity, as the deadline is approaching.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #350 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

jmj3000 3- LordChronos, easjo682, Jahudo
OmeedESF 2- kingcod, greenindirt
kingcod 2- OmeedESF, jmj3000

Remember, deadline is April 10th.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #376 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

OmeedESF 3- kingcod, greenindirt, LordChronos
jmj3000 2- easjo682, Jahudo
kingcod 1- jmj3000

Remember, the deadline is tomorrow at 5 PM PST (GMT-8). If nobody hits 4 votes, it'll be a no lynch.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #392 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

With a buzzerbeater vote at the very last minute, Jahudo has sealed OmeedESF's fate.

Unfortunately for the town, he was a good guy. In alignment anyway.

OmeedESF
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 2.

It is now night two. Those of you with night abilities have 72 hours to submit them to me.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #393 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Day Three dawns, and you're all still alive! How about that, eh? Well, go on, then. There's no time to celebrate, because the mafia won't find itself!

Also, a special note from the mod: You are now in Lylo, which means that if a townie is lynched and a townie gets killed at night, then it's game over, so take special care.

Deadline is May 3rd, so hop to it!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #435 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

LordChronos wrote:
Mod: It is 4 to lynch, right?
Yes. With 6 alive, it's four to lynch.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #451 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

jmj3000 2- easjo682, kingcod
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #485 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

easjo682 1- jmj3000
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #492 (isolation #35) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Prods are going out to easjo and greenindirt. greenindirt may simply require replacement.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #502 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

easjo682 1- jmj3000
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #508 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

VasudeVa replaces greenindirt, effective immediately.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #529 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

jmj3000 3- easjo682, kingcod, VasudeVa
easjo682 1- jmj3000
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #550 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Tragedy strikes, and jmj's claims of innocence fall on deaf ears. Well, shrug it off, because you're going to need all the luck you can get in the future, it would seem.

jmj3000
Townie
, lynched Day Three.

It's now Night Three. Those of you with night abilities may send them in. Should another townie die, the game will end in a mafia victory before coming back to Day Four.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #551 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Day rises, and once again, nobody died at night! Once again we go to day, where the logic and sanity of the town shall rule. At least, as much logic and sanity as exists in a group of people looking to lynch somebody.

It's now Day Four, and you have until May 18th (by incredible coincidence, also the mod's birthday, if anyone's looking to suck up) to conclude your business for the day.

You are also in lylo; should you lynch a townie today, the game ends with a scum victory.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #575 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count

easjo682 2- Jahudo, LordChronos
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #583 (isolation #42) » Sun May 02, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And with that, you have finally killed your first scum. A fact that would be much more comforting if only there wasn't another one out there, lurking...

easjo682
Goon
, lynched Day Four.

It is now Night Four. Those of you with night actions may submit them now.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #584 (isolation #43) » Sun May 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

After a very quick night, the sun rises, and the news is all about the death of local physician kingcod.

kingcod
Doctor
, killed night four.

It is now Day Five. As a mod note, you are in sudden death; kill the scum, and the town wins; fail to kill scum, and the mafia wins.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #592 (isolation #44) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So with that, Jahudo dances the hemp fandango.

And...

And...

And...

And...

And...

And...

Town Wins!

Jahudo
Mafia Goon
, is lynched Day Five, and with all extant threats to the town destroyed, the town wins! Even those of you who died! Congratulations, for at last the long night has come to an end.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”