Newbie 917 - Game over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:55 am

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

Vote: The Quintastic One
for not liking mystery. :)

Hey y'all, you can call me Mysti, MMM, whatever's easiest on your fingers. I'm an SE, which is like an IC, only with less superpowers. I'm here to guide you if you're at all confused about the game. One thing you should know, I'm definitely a lighthearted, joking player, but that got me in trouble for another game, so if you want me to cut the humour, that's fine, and you should say so. Have fun!
Also known as: cheater_1
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:50 am

Yeah, the locked thread confused me at first too. Most mods require you to post here to confirm, took me a second to realize Zorblag wanted a PM.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:31 am

I think the whole OMGUS/random vote debate is a little silly to be honest. Not much difference at this point.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 am

Whether or not scum lurk is WIFOM. Generally, I don't consider lurking to be a scumtell, active lurking is a different story though.

I'm keeping an eye on SAMP. I really don't think his logic and intentions for voting Exilon are good at all.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 am

Ah... Nothing like waking up in the morning and finding yourself at L3. How refreshing.

I expressed concern about SAMP because at first his vote for Exilon looked RVS, not really good reasoning. I figured, if Exilon overreacted and put down an OMGUS, SAMP may have just found a scummer. But later, SAMP said that he thought it was pretty good reasoning. I disagree. He debated with himself as to whether to RVS or OMGUS. I thought it was cute, and a good opener. Certainly not a scumtell.

Vote: Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
so I'm not the only one at L3 and I'll stop feeling lonely up here.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 am

It wasn't defensive. Just thought I'd put my money where my mouth is.

I think SAMP is pretty erratic, first voting Exilon for weird reasoning, then voting me when I pointed out it was weird reasoning.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 am

Andrius wrote:
I think SAMP is pretty erratic, first voting Exilon for weird reasoning, then voting me when I pointed out it was weird reasoning.
But it doesn't mean that he's scum, he could just be a crazy RVS'er or an obnoxious person or just strategic...
I thought it was RVS too at first. But then he stated he thought the reasoning was solid, and voted me for dismissing that reasoning.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:26 am

No OMGUS was intended. I thought my vote would be better on SAMP than TQO.

I pointed out the RVS/OMGUS thing was silly originally to excuse my not joining on it. SAMP voted me for thinking it silly. It was then I realized he was serious. So, I did pointed out it was weird reasoning, just not intentionally. Either way, I think voting someone because they debated whether to OMGUS or RVS, and then voting someone when they don't agree with you is kinda scummy.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:57 am

The Quintastic One wrote:I also have been witholding my vote, but for a different reason than avoiding a quick lynch. I'm not sure at this point if I find Triple M or SAMP more scummy at this point. Because I agree with Mysti that SAMP's vote hopping is erratic and have a hint of scumminess to it, but I also see that SAMP's targeting of MMM has caused a bit of whiplash from Triple M in his direction, which smells of scummy OMGUS to me.

@Mysti: Since you voted for SAMP over me, what makes me your number 2 suspect at the moment?
I don't know who my number 2 is. My vote on you was RVS.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:50 am

Meh. Antinfinity looks newbie town for me. Or newbie anyway. I'm not getting much of a scum vibe.

SAMP still looks like the most iffy to me.
SAMP! wrote:But the question I posed to him isn't binary, and I have a hard time believing he finds my vote for him precisely as scummy as my vote for Exilon.
It's not that you voted me, it's that you were pretty serious about the other vote.

Mustilicor, I find the scum/null/town thing pretty suspicious, it looks logical on the surface, but it took me a while to understand what it's really saying.

Out of three possible reasons for voting, that you counted, one only makes sense if I'm scum, and two make sense if I'm town or scum. So, in total, there are five motives I could've had, and three of those are if I'm scum.

Using the same process for SAMP, there are four possible motives, two of which mean he's scum. That leads to a 60% chance I'm scum and a 50% he's scum, based solely on those motives.

But as was pointed out, there are different probabilities based on those motives, for example, I'd say personality defines most people's actions and reactions. I'm sure there are those who disagree with me, but that's the point, we don't know how accurate any this is. It's impossible to determine who's the most likely scum mathematically. Now, if the gap between SAMP and myself was far wider, say a 10% to 90% difference, then you might have something. But a difference of 10% just isn't enough to prove much of anything.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 am

Andrius wrote:And since MMM has more votes, I'll vote on him.
scummyscummyscummybandwagonscummyandriusisscummy!

L1 at page 4? You are taking this stuff WAY too seriously. I'm not even sure who looks the scummiest at this point, but Andrius is a big candidate. That was a very risky vote.

@ Mustilicor: Are you willing to kill me for that 10% today? Because that's the way things are going.

For Pete's sake, one of the players hasn't even posted properly yet.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi McGriddle! *Waves*
Antifinity wrote:The only thing I have figured out so far is that Exilon wants to prevent a lynching of a particular player other than himself. Now I know the lynching wasn't for a good reason, but telling other people to unvote someone is the one thing that a perfect scum player would be able to do, that no one else would be able to know for sure.

Um...

Okay...

I still see him more as confused newbie than newbie scum, although that statement was worthy of Dickens.

I realize my views on Antifinity are the top reason for my scumosity, but I think I've developed a sense to tell newbies from scum. I'm going with my gut.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:39 am

I'm beginning to go off of SAMP now. He's been pretty consistent in his reasoning so far.

Looking more closely at Andrius. He's been bandwagoning a far bit.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Meh.

Guess I'm heading for a D1 lynch. I can't blame you guys, you've made some good points. Every game I've played in, I end up hanging by a thread for some reason.

For what it's worth, here's my defence. If there are any points I've missed, please point them out.

1) I saw SAMP's earlier vote on Exilon and his subsequent vote on me as having scummy reasoning, respectively debating between OMGUS and RVS and thinking former reasoning was silly. I don't think either are valid reasons for a vote.

2) I did not intend to limit discussion on topics, my earlier posts were designed to excuse myself from accusations of lurking or inactivity.

3) I don't think that the Mustilicor's reasoning is valid because certain motives are more likely than others. Trying to calculate the probability is useless.

Well, that's it. I've nothing to claim. I see Mustilicor, Antifinity, and Exilon as town. I see SAMP and Andrius as scummy. The rest could go either way.

EDIT: Sorry I couldn't post, schoolwork crap.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Bravo! I couldn't follow the whole game, but I'll post my impressions later.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 am

@ Antifinity: That's actually not a bad mentality to have if you're scum. And you're right about not trusting the "town mvp", this is a mistake a lot of people make, even those who have been around for a while. Never let others scumhunt for you, get in there and speak your mind.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”