Newbie 888 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Medix »

/confirmed and ready to roll!
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Medix »

This is my first experience here, but I've watched a mafia game to know the basic rules. I also play a game in another site.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Medix »

Vote RandomMaster

Hello all.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Medix »

Why did I choose him? Pure randomness, I don't have any idea about the other players, so I pick some random person. I'm sure in some time I'll get a clue.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Medix »

MichelSableheart wrote:Sure, but even then you need to have some way to make the decission. Did you throw dice? Look at the playerlist to see which name you found interesting? Choose the player whose name came second to last alphabetically?
I looked at the playerlist, and I see RandomMaster didn't counter my vote, that makes me more suspicious.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Medix »

Magic Trainer wrote:As I said, I understand why you voted for me. Saying this is most likely goign to make me look scummy but I just want to point this out, if I was scum I wouldn't say I was paranoid because of pressure, or at least not when no one at the time was accusing me.
If you were a scum, you could be paranoid, because you saw your friend looks suspicious.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:00 am

Post by Medix »

MichelSableheart wrote:Similary, I think a bit of pressure on medix is warranted. He has not yet produced any original content.
Do you accuse me as a scum because I'm not throwing arguments yet? It's a very weak reason to accuse someone.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Medix »

@Random: I think random, baseless vote is better than weak-based vote since the random vote is a bridge to make a base to a better vote.

@Patriots: ANYONE can lurk as a strategy, either scum or town can use it.

@Michel: Okay, I'm still in learning session, so most thing I can do is either supporting any attacks or make a defense for myself.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Medix »

Lastsurvivor wrote:I basically have the same thoughts as everyone else does on Medix, and Kyiv is fine with me too.
Um, what do you think about me? Looks like some person here has a bad feeling about me.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Medix »

Kyiv wrote:
Kyiv wrote:
Medix wrote:I looked at the playerlist, and I see RandomMaster didn't counter my vote, that makes me more suspicious.
Can you explain what you meant by this? You mentioned your vote for Random was... random, so do you have anything better to go off of? Who is scummy in your books right now?
New questions! Are you going to answer these questions, Medix? Why did you avoid them?
Sorry guys, my net was in a problem today.

Honestly I'm quite lost in this discussion and instead of bandwagoning, I gave an insignificant vote to Random. I hope in the next day I can contribute more.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Medix »

almightybob wrote:Medix, you're not impressing me here. Answer the questions please.

1) What did you mean by "I see RandomMaster didn't counter my vote, that makes me more suspicious."?
2) If your vote for him was purely random like you said, why did you expect him to counter it? It's not like there's much to defend against if you get chosen randomly.
3) What did you expect him to do while countering your vote? What reaction were you looking for?
4) Who do you think is likely to be scum just now?

If you are confused, go back to when it happened and reread to refresh your memory.
1. I just bait him to see if he has a good counter or not.
2. Many Day 1 votes is a random vote, and there must be some counter from the target.
3. I still can't really read a response, so I hope he gave a response that can be seen by another player to hit back.
4. I have no idea. I should wait to day 2 and keep more focus in the arguments.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:33 am

Post by Medix »

Magic Trainer wrote:This is odd, Sounds to me like you're simply saying that as a way to avoid telling us your thoughts. Also why round two, how do you even know you'll survive in the night? I think this can be a scum tell, almost refusing to give information and automaticaly assuming he'll live in the night sounds suspicous to me.
It's not like I'm hiding an information, I don't have any information. And I'm not sure I can survive to next day though, either I'm lynched, or NKed.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Medix »

MichelSableheart wrote:So basically you expect a serious response to a vote that you claim is not serious? You're putting the burden of proof on the wrong place. If you have a serious attack, you may expect a serious response. But if your vote is completely random, there's simply not much to respond to, and ignoring it is perfectly fine.
Patriot has explained in the post #49 that RV stage can make a scum slipped.
Medix
Medix
Townie
Medix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Medix »

Okay guys, I've gotten a point.

I see that Magic is suspicious, since he has unstable vote, and he tried to change the debate focus to me, which is worked.

So
Unvote, Vote Magic Trainer

At last it's better than a totally random vote.

Gayle replaces Medix

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”