Newbie 832 - Omod's Return - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Radical Pi »

/confirm
I'm using WIFOM to make you think I'm using WIFOM

Mafia: the game where if you defend yourself, you're scum, and if you don't defend yourself, you're scum
Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Radical Pi »

man I expect to be thoroughly confused when this game starts. I've played other games on other forums (actually modding my first one now), but 8 pages for 1 day is going to drive me bonkers :P

btw baltar I don't think you confirmed

Mafia: the game where if you defend yourself, you're scum, and if you don't defend yourself, you're scum
Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Well, that's everyone once Oman drops by

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

Assuming we're running

Vote: VP Baltar
for trying to get friendly with everyone before the game started

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

Shadebreeze wrote:
Radical Pi wrote:
Vote: VP Baltar
for trying to get friendly with everyone before the game started
Yes, because this
definitely
isn't a newbie game or anything...

Not saying that he couldn't be scum, but...
you do realize this is RVS, right...?

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:53 am

Post by Radical Pi »

So far the only person I can find anynreal information on is Baltar. Now, I know this might just be extra nice IC, but something about all of those questions he was asking at the confirmation stage seemed a bit strange to me. It's not really much to go on, but it's the best I've got

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Actually, dakarian, the "I would be very happy to see you dead" seems a bit scummy to me, but I'm guessing you're just reaction hunting so I won't do anything, but it might be worth noting for later.

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Well, I've been making up a PBPA of everyone in the game so far. I just finished dakarian, and I have a few things.

First of all, danielsound, most of your reasons for dakarian I agree with, but your post 10 reason is a joke. Look at Shade's sig (took me a while to get that comment too) :P

Now, onto the real evidence. As I was going through the dakarian posts, I came across something very fishy. In post 44, dakarian quietly removed a question he posed at fakegin (the "How do you feel about the idea that I would be very happy to see you dead?"). My question to you is, why did you just drop that question quietly in a side note?

Also, in 51, you attack Shadebreeze for suposedly bandwagoning due to your avatar. Again, you remind us of this in 53. To me, this sounds like trying to shift attention away from yourself
Also, in 60, you use invalid reasoning. You claim that you can't take your vote off of Shadebreeze because of unvoting scum in another game. Why should that be valid for this game? Also, you later use earlier game experience for why AGar is scum...can't you get yourself figured out about which one is scum?

so...
Unvote; FOS: dakarian

Yes, I know I don't have to unvote for FOS, but I don't really see much wrong with VP anymore other than him not posting too much. Also, it's FOS because I don't want to risk Shade bringing him up to L-1

However, dakarian is not the only one I have problems with.

Shade: dakarian has been claiming you voted for him based on an avatar. You haven't responded to this. Is it because you think the accusation is too stupid, or something else

Also shade, could you give a definative yes/no about whether you are voting for dakarian?

And AGar, care to share your reasons why dakarian is scum?

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Radical Pi »

I just saw dakarian's post just before mine, so I have one or 2 things to say on your comments. daniel's reasons are you repeatedly bringing up scummy things and linking them to yourself.

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

My agreement with Daniel was only in that dakarian kept referring to himself slightly in random comments as scum, which in most games I've played has been a scumtell.

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:22 am

Post by Radical Pi »

[quote="dakarian]Mind finding THAT quote? Right after the post you quoted I actually stopped declaring him scum all-together. Last I checked, I DIDN'T reverse that decision.[/quote]

Sure thing. Post 60, the same one you used an earlier game to explain why you wouldn't change your vote to AGar
dakarian wrote:3. Last game, the day 1 lynch had a mafia as the third vote. What's more, it was pretty much the only sure fire tell we had on him, in a sea of people throwing out false scum tells.
P.S. Sorry for not including the quote in the original text. I'm still getting used to doing quotes on here

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Radical Pi »

VP Baltar wrote:Care to quote some of these specifically.
if you mean examples of the scumtell, daniel's post is as good as any for examples. If you mean the mafia games I've seen it in, almost all of my previous games were on another forum macxgamers.com, which was lost in a total crash and the admin just gave up. So, I can't pull up topics of this

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

AGar! Don't you realize you just put Dakarian at L-1!!!

I do have suspicions of him, but not enough for lynch just yet.

@VP I said in my post to look at daniel's post for the examples (excluding the first one of course). Basically my point was that he referred to himself in a joking way as mafia, which in other games I have seen as a scumtell

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

danielsound wrote:
Radical Pi wrote:AGar! Don't you realize you just put Dakarian at L-1!!!
Actually, who really voted for Dakarian was me and AGar, we both unvoted, but AGar returned his vote to dakarian now. There are some FoS, but only ONE vote on Dakarian right now.

I still suspect on dakarian, but much of what he says makes sense, so I think I should try to question the guys who are more passive on this game.

Fakegin: What question would you make to a mafia scum to try to make him reveal his true identity? :O
Sorry, misread a couple of votes, but it's actually 2 anyways (Baltar voted)

Also, since the mod doesn't seem to be too active, here's my (unofficial) vote count

Dakarian (2): AGar, VP Baltar
AGar (1): PorkchopExpress
Shadebreeze (1): dakarian

Not Voting: Shadebreeze, fakegin, Radical Pi, Seeker

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

EBWOP:

oops, danielsound should be on Not Voting

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

Seeker wrote:Apologies for not being active today. My connection was completely shot, and this kind of took second place to the other stuff I needed to do.

Anyway....

I'm getting a bit more suspicious of Dakarian. His logic is appearing more and more flawed. However, he could just be using different premises. I'm just going to say IGMEOY. Everyone seems to be focusing on him, so while they're doing that, I'll focus on other people.

Radical Pi:
You said "My agreement with Daniel was only in that dakarian kept referring to himself slightly in random comments as scum, which in most games I've played has been a scumtell." VP asked you to be specific about where that happened and provide examples of where it was a scumtell. You said.... "Basically my point was that he referred to himself in a joking way as mafia, which in other games I have seen as a scumtell." Circular reasoning much? Also, you clearly weren't reading very carefully if you thought Dakarian had three more votes than he did. Apparently, that's a scum tell, as scum don't have to read as carefully as they already know everything. Explanation?

I had more earlier, but I forgot it. Don't have time for more analysis, that's just what stood out. More later tonight, or early tomorrow.
Obviously, you haven't been reading very carefully either. First of all, VP was only asking about where dakarian said this, and before the second quote I said daniel's post was where to look for the quotes

Again, didn't read my posts quite closely enough. It was 2 votes more. I was keeping a running tally in my head, and I forgot to take the mis-tagged vote out as well as I accidentally counted AGar twice

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Radical Pi »

That reminds me of something fakegin. I can't believe I missed it before. Shade didn't bother to give us the final verdict on what his vote until we directly questioned him about it, which makes me a bit suspicious. Instead, he didn't bother to resolve it for us. Mafia leaving his options open? idk, but still,

small FOS: Shadebreeze

I would consider a vote for him, but L-2 seems a bit too much for these small suspicions

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Well, I'm convinced. I have my reasons for this, but I don't think this is the best time to share them, so...

Vote: Shadebreeze

I know it means L-1, but I truly believe he is mafia

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Radical Pi »

EBWOP:

Omod, I just noticed that you forgot my unvote of VP on your list The unvote was here

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Well now that Seeker unvoted there is no point in even trying.

If you look close enough I didn't bold my vote, so it wouldn't count. My hope was to catch someone trying to hammer Shade before someone unvoted or forced me to give reasons. It was a longshot, but I hoped to get some leads out of it. So, if anyone needs the reassurance,
unvote

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Radical Pi »

daniel, if you want something to break the boredom, look at my new ava

I really don't know what to think right now. dakarian has said some odd things, but his explanations seem strong to me so I'm not sure about him. Shade does look a little scummy with his idea that there must be a lynching today, so my FOS on him stands. I'll be keeping my eye on him, but I don't want to vote quite yet

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Radical Pi »

I must say I am very suspicious of ShadeBreeze's disappearance. The moment the discussion turns to him he going lurking. He also had promised us a long post...

Mod
Can we get a prod on ShadeBreeze?

Also
Mod
What's the end date of day 1?

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Radical Pi »

With Seeker, he semms a little scummy to me. My main problem with him is his claiming I don't read close enough and then not actually reading my posts. Example Post 98 as well as my post after it

With ShadeBreeze I haven't forgotten about him one tiny bit. The only problem is since he either refuses to respond to our questions or isn't around, we don't have any more evidence about him and need to try to look at other people until he returns

Mod
can you PLEASE respond to our many requests for prodding Shade?

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Sorry for disappearing, I've been dealing with various computer troubles.

On the game topic, I am getting suspicious of Seeker, but I think he's L-2 right now and I don't want to risk L-1

However, something about your vote for Seeker doesn't seem right to me AGar. I can't tell which one it is or exactly where I'm getting this, but it seems like OMGUS, or using OMGUS to hop on the bandwagon. So...

FOS: Seeker and AGar

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Radical Pi »

TBH guys, the main reason I haven't done a vote is I'm having trouble following the debates. I'm used to smaller posts and have a hard time plowing through the walls of text everywhere on this forum. I'm re-reading through the topic from where the debate against Seeker started, but I don't want to place my vote until I can finish reading it.

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Radical Pi »

EBWOP:

I'm really busy today so don't expect my decision to come quickly

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

Alright, I've finished reading through, and I've made my decision.

I have noticed that Seeker likes to go after lurkers. While there are many people who do think lurkers are usually scum, I see voting a lurker as more of a chance for scum to start a bandwagon with little evidence

Another thing. You seemed to be trying to buddy up to me by saying you think I'm town for no apparent reason, possibly so I would defend you if you came under suspicion. All this instantly stopped when you jumped on me for the agreement with daniel, thinking you might be able to turn it into a lynch

The thing that really did it, though, was your "Don't lynch dakarian...today" comment. It sounded like you were trying to hold a scummy person for the next day so you could lynch someone else today and then be able to take him down tomorrow.

I do agree with most of the other points brought up against him, but I figured it would be best to only include my notes that haven't been brought up

Vote: Seeker

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Radical Pi »

VP - the main reason I didn't do much voting yesterday was because on almost all of the votes it would make someone L-1 and I didn't feel like it was enough evidence for a lynch.

Right now (in no particular order) I'm going to FOS:
RayFrost because his predecessor seemed scummy to me as well as others, and now his doc comment. I'm not voting him for 2 reasons: 1. He is newish to this game so we haven't had much of a chance to read him, and 2. this entire bandwagon is off of one post, and my vote would make it L-1 so I don't think we can risk a quickhammer yet.

Dakarian still has the scummy history but he is using sound logic in his responses to our questions IMO. He still isn't off my radar though

Everyone else seems about equal to me, so I can't really choose a third.

@VP, care to explain why my hammer was scummy?

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Radical Pi »

btw, why was everyone saying /in during twilight?

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

dakarian wrote:Ager, are you defending yourself over something done a day ago? Is that really necessary?

Also, you sound very bothered overall, especially given how little Ray's been able to post so far.

Vote: AG

Please talk. Did something really bother you about what was brought up about you?
You seem to be a bit quick to jump on AGar for nothing...He was simply responding to accusations from yesterday

Vote: dakarian

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I've been having to deal with quite a few computer problems lately, so I won't be able to post very often

Now onto the responding to questions.

"Why didn't you vote very often yesterday?": For most of D1 I was actually really confused. I'm used to very different play so this took a bit of getting used to. Today things are starting to make more sense to me, but I'll get to that later

"Why didn't you let Seeker respond before hammering?": I was feeling really pressured to vote from dakarian and RayFrost, and my gut told me that they would go after me if I didn't do the vote, claiming that I was just trying to get out of voting still

On RayFrost's overview of what he thinks: There were a few things on there that worry me, but the specifics are coming in a minute. First of all, I must go FOS: RayFrost (doesn't count) for assuming that you are not scum :P Now, for real, I did disagree with a few things. Your putting Porkchop on neutral does not seem very good to me. Though he was lurking a bit, I didn't get the same scummy vibe from his lurking that Shade and fakegin threw off. I also strongly feel dakarian should not be in the townish category. I would have at least put him in neutral if not scum. VP I do feel is townie, and I'm actually having a hard time reading AGar. danielsound I'm having a hard time picking a category for, since I'm feeling a slight newbtown vibe from, but I'm not sure if it really is a newbtown vibe.

And now, for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Looking at ray's player list, I noticed something strange. I think possibly Ray and dakarian are scumbuddies

1. Both Ray and dak were the only ones I felt pressure from to hammer seeker. That should have given me an idea, but I guess I missed it

2. Ray put dak as the 2nd most townie person on his list (Ray being first). I really feel there are some much more townish people in the game, but dak should not be there IMO.

3. Ray and dak are the 2 most scummy people right now the way I see it (without the scumbuddy connection)

So, my vote is staying with dakarian, since Ray already has enough of a bandwagon.
FOS: RayFrost

One more thing. Ray: What do you think of Shade's behavior before he was replaced out?

Also, fakegin: MAKE SOME NOISE!!! You've been lurking for most of the game and I think it's time for some input from you.

P.S. I forgot to ask this earlier, but why was everyone saying /in during twilight?

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Radical Pi »

...what? You waited this long before calling me on that? Sounds possibly like you are looking for reasons to jump on a bandwagon on me

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Radical Pi »

Yeah that was aimed at you. I didn't see the new page when that was written.

So, how do you reason I would have seen that coming

Daniel, you didn't respond to my only direct question. Why did you wait until after dak voted for me to vote me? You've had plenty of chance to talk about that, but you don't bring it up until now..

@VP I'd like to wait until after I hear something from Ray and fakegin before I rate the scummiest people

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Radical Pi »

danielsound wrote:
I Was writing my post when you and dak posted yours, I only saw that you had dak's vote after voting =x But that doesn't change my vote. Your actions are suspicious. And your answers aren't buying me (Mimimimi I'm pressured! I must hammer! BOOM!)
When I saw that Dak had voted for you, I already had posted. While I was writing my post and voting for you, you and dak posted, so I only read that 2 posts that anteceded myne after I actually posted. So... I didn't waited for anyone to vote for you. I was writing my post about what I was thinking after day one, and one of the things I think after day one, especially after your MC Hammer Time is that you're suspiciously scum.
That's not the point of the question. You posted your post, but left no hint of being unhappy with me bumping your post out of day 1 (actually, I never saw that you were writing a long post :oops: ) until the heat had moved to me

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #34) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Radical Pi »

VP Baltar wrote:
Radical Pi wrote:@VP I'd like to wait until after I hear something from Ray and fakegin before I rate the scummiest people
Well that is is a nice stall tactic and all, but please do it in your next post or be prepared to die. You've spent a lot of this game not taking stances, and it's time for you to let us know where you stand. Post your list and if the answers you are waiting for change the order, you can say so afterward and explain why.
Fine. Right now my top suspect is danielsound since I'm not really convinced with his delay for attacking me.

I still believe dakarian and Ray may be scumbuddies, but daniel really is pushing me right now

fakegin and AGar both aren't posting as much as I would like. I really want to hear something from fakegin soon and AGar a little more talking would be nice

VP Either you are doing extremely well at hiding scum or you are town, since you seem 100% townie to me.

and of course at the end of the list is me

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Radical Pi »

VP Baltar wrote: 1) He says that the reason he didn't vote much or make serious accusations yesterday was because he was "confused" by everything that was going on. Yet in iso 7 he says he's keeping a PBPA (post by post analysis) on every player. why is he confused then? In the same post he doesn't commit to a dakarian vote even though its his top suspicion.
The computer troubles I've been talking about all game were a crashed HD. I had to reinstall the OS, and unfortunately I lost my PBPA with it.
VP Baltar wrote:2) He launches an attack on the lurking Shadebreeze at one point, but then much later in the day puts one of his reasons for voting Seeker as:
RadPi wrote:I have noticed that Seeker likes to go after lurkers. While there are many people who do think lurkers are usually scum, I see voting a lurker as more of a chance for scum to start a bandwagon with little evidence
I don't understand the double standard here at all.
He was jumping on lurkers when they appeared to be lurking to me. That made him seem more scummy since he was concentrating on the lurkers

I've got to go, I'll tackle VP's second post later

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by Radical Pi »

I don't have time to do much else but I do want to respond to one thing
RayFrost wrote:@ Rad Pie: since dakarian and me are such obvious scum buddies ( :roll ), care to explain why he would be bussing me at this stage in the game? Also, why not explain his continued aggressiveness towards me?
Every part of that question is WIFOM

also, (same post) my reasoning with daniel is not the vote itself, but the
timing
of the vote. Why does nobody pay attention to what I actually write...

Radical Pi
Radical Pi
Townie
Radical Pi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Radical Pi »

I need a replace. My internet failed and I have no idea when I'll be able to get it back up (this is the mall wifi). Sorry everyone

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”