Newbie 832 - Omod's Return - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 am

Post by danielsound »

/confirm \o

It's my first time playing this :) Looking forward to it.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 am

Post by danielsound »

VP Baltar wrote:
Seeker wrote:Working on avatar as we speak.
Good man.
danielsound wrote:It's my first time playing this Looking forward to it.
How did you discover mafia? Why do you want to play?
Well, once in a trip I played something really like mafia (but kind of in real life: everyone sitted in a circle, when the "mod" (1 of us, we changed it each game) said "night falls" everyone closed theirs eyes and the mafia (only 1 dude each game) keep his eyes open and points at the person he wants to kill. Them 1 min of talking about who to lynch and... u guys know the drill xD)

So last week I was wandering around ViewAskew Message Board (at Kevin Smith's site (Kevin Smith like in Dogma, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob...)) and I found a thread where the guys were playing mafia, and it linked back here for rules and stuff.

Them I read all the rules and guidelines, found it to be close to what I played in real life and got excited about playing it online :D so I registered, entered the queue and... Here I am \o
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by danielsound »

Vote: dakarian
because cats are mean and ardilous, so his and his cat are probably scum!! :o
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 am

Post by danielsound »

dakarian wrote:I stated a reason (bandwagoning) and voted to both provide emphasis and because I'd be the only one voting for him so there's no real risk of lynching.

Meanwhile, you gave an explanation without any questions and jumped onto a bandwagon on the 2nd page..and your explanation is because I'm fussing a a person who started a bandwagon.

So explain how THAT doesn't look very scummy?
Yeah, that sound scummy... but hey wait... If you're scum, and your cat is scum, you probably wouldn't be pointing your finger at one of your fellows scum, so AGar is probably another innocent victim that you scums are trying to incriminate! :O

:x Who are your fellow scums??? Confess!!
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:03 am

Post by danielsound »

dakarian wrote:Meanwhile, that's a WIFOM.
So, are you saying this WIFOM guy is your scum fellow? Or maybe WIFOM is a acronym for "
W
ell,
I
'm
F
rom
O
ld
M
afia" and you're telling it right on our faces! Or maybe it's Wilson and it's mispelled or maybe...

(What is a WIFOM? I really don't know =x)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:13 am

Post by danielsound »

@dakarian
I didn't started a bandwagon, I was the first one to vote on you. And I would be content to see scum killed quickly! (And I'm pushing for you to talk \o/ lol )

(Random Vote is over? Now it's day 2? I tough after randomvote it would be night and someone would be killed by you scum guys.)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 am

Post by danielsound »

VP Baltar wrote:Daniel, you're not making much sense. Please give me a numbered list why you think dark is actually scum and should be lynched.
First, I would like to bring to your attention some of the old posts of Dakarian:

Post 10:
..and already I lost my immortal soul to Shadebreeze. *sob*
What does he mean by that? Is Shadebreeze his Mafia Godfather and dakarian as a mafia goon owes his soul to Shadebreeze, his godfather? Losing soul to mafia's bosses is scummy!

Post 15:
The little evil you see is Litia. She's the type that can curl up in your lap purring, then turn her head to slice up another cat that's wandering by her (then look at you odd when you fuss at her).
She'd make a wonderful mafia if she cared about stealth at all.
He stated that his cat would be a wonderful mafia! Townies like us wouldn't wanted their cats to be mafia! he probably even tryed to enlist her to the mafia, but she, as a cat of principles, refused.

Post 37:
Litia isn't scum for the sheer purpose that she considers the mafia too passive.

Meanwhile vote fakegin. A question if you will.
How do you feel about the idea that I would be very happy to see you dead?
He gets happy at the idea of seeing people dead!!!! That's almost sociopathic behavior! Surely Scummy!

1. Losing his soul to some other dude, probably scum.
2. Claiming that his cat would be a great mafia.
3. Being happy at other people's death.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to get suspicious about these guys who are too much quiet... I might as well do an more deep analysis on them later on.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by danielsound »

VP Baltar wrote:
daniel wrote:What is a WIFOM? I really don't know =x)
The wiki is a good source if you don't understand a term. Here is the entry on WIFOM.
Thanks, Already looked up on another weird terms on wiki. (OMGUS, FOS, and another ones)

I am learning more about the game now with this two pages, I wasn't looking really hard for motives to think someone is scum right now, as there was no deaths and is probably really hard to tell scum apart pratically without any "evidence".

I also find suspicious that Radical Pi agrees with my weird cat reasoning. But also agree with the points that AGar brought up. So I still have suspicious over Dakarian, and wouldn't be surprised if he gets revealed as Scum, but I should probably take more time to think my vote (It is a different voting now? Should I unvote or is it a new day and I still didn't voted at all?)

If it still is the same voting:
Unvote

FOS: Dakarian + Radical Pi
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by danielsound »

Radical Pi wrote:AGar! Don't you realize you just put Dakarian at L-1!!!

I do have suspicions of him, but not enough for lynch just yet.

@VP I said in my post to look at daniel's post for the examples (excluding the first one of course). Basically my point was that he referred to himself in a joking way as mafia, which in other games I have seen as a scumtell
Actually, who really voted for Dakarian was me and AGar, we both unvoted, but AGar returned his vote to dakarian now. There are some FoS, but only ONE vote on Dakarian right now.

I still suspect on dakarian, but much of what he says makes sense, so I think I should try to question the guys who are more passive on this game.

Fakegin: What question would you make to a mafia scum to try to make him reveal his true identity? :O
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:53 am

Post by danielsound »

Wow Radical Pi, great idea :o

Anyway, Wait for Shadow to show up and answer the accusations is really boring, joke about dakarian's cat was funnier ;p~

At least fakegin came back to the game, answering questions.

Really don't know what to ask anymore. My suspicions are with Shadowbreeze, after reading all those quotes that Seeker brought up, and with Dakarian (Still think that's something odd with all his defensiveness, and his walls of text, not to mention his Cat staring at me from his avatar ;o)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by danielsound »

Sorry for the lack of attention lately guys =x busy week at work. Reading the walls of text above, post in a sec.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by danielsound »

/in (Shouldn't we be quiet or can we post? I saved my post on a .txt waiting for being able to post, or should I post it right now?)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by danielsound »

Only now I realized we could post again. 2AM here, so... Going to sleep, post tomorrow afternoon :D

Meanwhile, my unfinished post that I was writing while night started: (Now some of it doesn't make sense anymore)
This game is way harder than I thought =x on the "real life version", we would rely a lot on the "Poker face", we talked during 1 min trowing random accusations and we would fish the culprit by their reactions... I'm reading all of you doing this deep weird analysis out of what seems like nothing to me. Well, I'm going to stop doing jokes and try to real analyze this... or what I think so far...

My reading on the people:

Radicalpi:

His posts are always short and spaced. He kinds of adopt the newest tendencies. When I was making jokes about Dak's cat, he was like: "Hey! I agree with Daniel! Dak's must be scum!". Them everyone started going towards Shade, and he raised his FoS on shade "Hey! Yeah! Shade's didn't answered us with his final veredict! He must be Scum!". Them people start leaning towards Seeker and: "Hey! Seeker is really suspect!!" and them still get some small finger towards AG.
It seems like a scum trying to remain unsuspected by accepting any beliefs that are thrown out there, with caution (If I'm not mistaken, He just voted once, on the first stage.). But I'm acting almost like him, posting even less, So I shouldn't call it a scum behavior :o maybe a noob behavior :)

Seeker

I couldn't find what makes Seeker so obviously scum... Ray said it was so mindblowingly obvious but... I can't see it, I must be really dumb =x.

Shadebr... I mean... RayFrost

Well, really a change of pace, Shade was really inactive, and them BOOM, Ray comes with a big wall of text, and all that made actual sense (Geez, I really sound scummy the way I've been acting :o). Apart from beeing inactive, Shade didn't actually made anything that would seem like scum (I still don't get what REALLY points out someone as scum, but he was just playing the game, probably without much time, but just playing). And Rayfrost's scumhunting posts makes me think he is probably a Townie.

fakegin

Post really little stuff, but more than me XD. Probably a busy townie or a lurking scummy

PorkchopExpress

Active Scumhunting, What he says kind of makes sense most of the time, I think he is a townie. A Good one :)

VP Baltar

I really hope he is a Townie :o He is kind of misterious, and has this wise aura around him that the IC brings... He makes a lot of interesting questions... If he is Scum, I think it would be a hard game. I don't know, maybe its the IC and the questions, but I'm inclined to think he would be a townie for his experience and helping the town (IC scum would be really mean ;_;)

AGar

You should have an avatar, would be easier to see your posts.

Dakarian

Geez, I think I kind of started all this "OMG DAKARIAN IS SCUM!! LET HIM BURRN!!! BUUUUUURN!! AND HIS CAT TOO!!!". I was really joking about his cat, of course he wouldn't be scum just because he has an cat avatar =x. I must agree that all that whining about "mimimi u're pointing the finger at me" and all that defensiveness looks odd but he is actively scumhunting, and pointing fingers well, I think that is a townie behavior. Something still strikes me odd about dak, but right now, I think he is most likely to be a misinterpreted paranoid townie.

DanielSound

Oh my, I really do seem like a scum now. O.o I'm barely posting, when I post it's about dak's cat, and I'm beeing really cautious about throwing suspicious towards anyone :o. If I didn't knew I'm not mafia, I would throw some FoS on me right now. Well, I'm going to try being more active from now on, and analyze deeper what people say (Please, Please, PLEEEEAASE do less walls of text, it's really harder to keep in pace with all these big chunks of text)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 am

Post by danielsound »

I didn't rewrite the post, or even finished writing it. On the mid of my thoughts and writings I alt-tabbed and saw that the topic was locked. So I saved my unfinished post on a .txt and questioned in the still unlocked topic if I was to post it. Them, I didn't touched the .txt... I was going to do a reading on AGar, and probably add some more things... but as day 1 is over, and we have new information, now my readings are to be a little bit different.

As of the analysis looking like Ray's, I tend to analyze what people say, and if makes sense to me, I tend to bring that to my point of view. As I said, much of what he said made sense.

I don't think I really need to defend myself. "Oh! I've been absent and cautious because this or that", I already said the truth: I'm not scum. I really haven't played well, I'm going to try to catch up. Hopefully my actions will defend me better than any words.

Well, About playing the newbie card... I'm a newbie xD. And I don't understand some stuff yet, but I'm catching up. Not that you shouldn't suspect me because I'm a newbie, you're free to suspect anyone, the role-choosing is random, isn't it?

About the :sob: doctor :sob: porkchop, I saw it as just resenting losing a good questioning player, not a Scum trying to imply anything.

Also...
Vote: Radical Pi
He could waited at least for me to post before Hammering out Seeker, I said a few posts earlier that I was writing my post, he could waited... But there he went and out of nowhere lynched a townie on day one... Added to my previous suspicions, that's a bit scummy.

And last: I didn't really read all posts from AGar, I'll do it later when I get to work, (I didn't knew that dropdown boxes, I usually went from page to page reading where I found the avatars xD).

I think that's it for now, Did I forgot something?
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:39 am

Post by danielsound »

Radical Pi wrote:...what? You waited this long before calling me on that? Sounds possibly like you are looking for reasons to jump on a bandwagon on me
Is that for me?

If so, you could see that coming, I wrote on what I was about to post on day one:
Radicalpi:
His posts are always short and spaced. He kinds of adopt the newest tendencies. When I was making jokes about Dak's cat, he was like: "Hey! I agree with Daniel! Dak's must be scum!". Them everyone started going towards Shade, and he raised his FoS on shade "Hey! Yeah! Shade's didn't answered us with his final veredict! He must be Scum!". Them people start leaning towards Seeker and: "Hey! Seeker is really suspect!!" and them still get some small finger towards AG.
It seems like a scum trying to remain unsuspected by accepting any beliefs that are thrown out there, with caution (If I'm not mistaken, He just voted once, on the first stage.). But I'm acting almost like him, posting even less, So I shouldn't call it a scum behavior Surprised maybe a noob behavior Smile
I was already inclined to think of you as scum (or newb), but when you hammered the hell out of Seeker, it changed from inclined to: Holy Sh... That's scummy!

I Was writing my post when you and dak posted yours, I only saw that you had dak's vote after voting =x But that doesn't change my vote. Your actions are suspicious. And your answers aren't buying me (Mimimimi I'm pressured! I must hammer! BOOM!)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:48 am

Post by danielsound »

Radical Pi wrote:Daniel, you didn't respond to my only direct question. Why did you wait until after dak voted for me to vote me? You've had plenty of chance to talk about that, but you don't bring it up until now..
Actually I did:
I Was writing my post when you and dak posted yours, I only saw that you had dak's vote after voting =x But that doesn't change my vote. Your actions are suspicious. And your answers aren't buying me (Mimimimi I'm pressured! I must hammer! BOOM!)
When I saw that Dak had voted for you, I already had posted. While I was writing my post and voting for you, you and dak posted, so I only read that 2 posts that anteceded myne after I actually posted. So... I didn't waited for anyone to vote for you. I was writing my post about what I was thinking after day one, and one of the things I think after day one, especially after your MC Hammer Time is that you're suspiciously scum.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:12 am

Post by danielsound »

Radical Pi wrote:That's not the point of the question. You posted your post, but left no hint of being unhappy with me bumping your post out of day 1 (actually, I never saw that you were writing a long post :oops: ) until the heat had moved to me
Right on my long post:
Only now I realized we could post again. 2AM here, so... Going to sleep, post tomorrow afternoon Very Happy

Meanwhile, my unfinished post that I was writing while night started: (Now some of it doesn't make sense anymore)
I didn't ADDED anything, because it was 2AM when I noticed night was over, so I needed to sleep. I just got my old post of day one and posted. When I got some time, I posted my heat towards your suspicious acts.

And as of right now, I Don't actually see the heat moving towards you, to my point of view, the heat is right now with Ray (And I don't see all that scumtell in him right now, maybe later he reveals himself more scummy, but the points people are getting on him right now don't convince me.)

And as of reading AGar... can't get a very good reading of him. He sticks with his points about dak, even thought some of them don't make much sense... And besides him wanting to go lynchhappy with Dak and Seeker, not much scum to my eyes right now.

Btw, I Miss fakegin... where is he?
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:14 am

Post by danielsound »

danielsound wrote: And as of right now, I Don't actually see the heat moving towards you, to my point of view, the heat is right now with Ray (And I don't see all that scumtell in him right now, maybe later he reveals himself more scummy, but the points people are getting on him right now don't convince me.)
Lol, after VP's post... I see the heat moving towards you xD.

I would like to see that ranking too
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:13 am

Post by danielsound »

Interesting. Reading what you guys were saying about why would porkchop be the one they picked made me think... I really don't think mafia could know he was a doc by anything he posted... And he wasn't the most proactive scumhunter. VP, Dak, or even Ray that got here later, in my opinion are scumhunting more strongly (Pork actually even lurked for some part of the game)... So, why Porkchop? It's probably a little bit wifom but... Maybe one of our best scumhunters is actually scum, and didn't got killed by the scum by the fact that he couldn't kill himself? I don't know, probably wifom, but that's what is wondering in my mind right now.

I don't think Dak and Ray would be connected somehow... Especially when Dak was concerned a lot about shade on the beggining of the game... Anyway:
I'll take a quick anal update on Ray, including the Day 2 mess.
Waiting for it :D
fakegin wrote:Currently all i want to do is ask some questions.
Besides asking some questions, could you throw some pieces of your mind around? Like who do you think is most scummiest right now and why? I Would like to hear some analysis from you.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by danielsound »

Geez, another replace ;[

Well, Right now I don't have any new thoughts. The only thing I want to know right now is what Kittens has to say for what Pi has done. As for right now, Pi/Kittens is the scummies person here at my point of view. (Hammering when there was posts to be made, Lurking, Going with the flood, OMGUS at that being pointed out, Weird OMGIMBEINGPRESSUREDTOHAMMER reasoning... you pick your favorite)

3:55AM here, going to sleep, probably will make a good post after reading kittens perspective.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by danielsound »

Oh, and by the way!

Dak, you said: "I'll take a quick anal update on Ray, including the Day 2 mess. " Did you did that and I didn't noticed? Still waiting.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:41 am

Post by danielsound »

dakarian wrote::P "I'll take" = "Please give me"
Misunderstood you, sorry. I'll take for me was liike "I'll make" Or "I'll take time to do" lol. (I'm a Brazillian, my english IMO is pretty good, but it still fails me sometimes :oops: )

About that Ray Doc day 2 mess... I pretty much ignored it. It doesn't make sense to me "OMG HE SAID :SOB: DOC! HE MUST BE SCUM!" Doesn't ring a bell to me... I could said :sob: they killed porkie! Those bastards! (South Park reference!! Bonus!) and that wouldn't make me scum.
Ray is playing very pro town in my opinion, as you are.

I don't quite understand all your roll with AGar and "Framing Dak" thing. Dak is more neutral at my view right now, as I don't think his reasoning to be much help on my thinkings, but that wouldn't make anyone scum, just... not still pro town to my point of view. I'm really anxious about kittens posts as Pi is the most safebet for me right now. Maybe Kittens will make that change as Ray made our suspicious on shade fade, who knows :o

I think that's it for now :)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by danielsound »

Three Big paper-works on university this week, swear I'll read and post tomorrow, going to sleep.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:40 am

Post by danielsound »

Something still strikes me odd about PI... I can't make any more questions about the scumminess made by him because Kitten wouldn't know what the heck he was thinking, and Kitten's gameplay changed a lot the way Pi was playing, as well as Ray's changed ShadeBreeze's...

But the thing here is that Shade wasn't really suspicious before the prod, just unactive (In my opinion at least), but PI was a big walking contradition.

I don't want to move my vote from PI(Kitten) right now. I can't ask anything to kitten but I can keep a closer look, there must be a good reason for PIs acting during the game.

As for AGar, his actions are really weird lately, and he is not playing protown. But besides over-voting without solid reasons (He already voted for Dak, Fakegin, Seeker, Ray) I can't see anything that provides me certainty that he is scum. I'm going to keep a close eye to him (I hope he doesn't get prodded, 2 pros already and the replacement just changes everything about that person's gameplay, making the reading a difficult task)

So, in resume: My vote is still on PI/Kittens
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by danielsound »

Weird... They both are the ones with the most scummiest behavior right now... I believe with every fiber of my being that one of those two is Scum (Mostly towards Kittens), but I really don't think that they are BOTH scum (Even if it is some part of a weird strategy that they could do as scums, of pointing at each other... I don't think it would make much sense...) So that leaves me a question... If only one of those two is scum... Who is the other scum??? O.o Everyone's game is looking like pro-town (Fakegin doesn't give much input to readings, maybe with him commenting more on day 3 we can read him better and find out if he is the missing scum.) As for this day, like I commented before. Still believe Pi/Kittens is scummy scum.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by danielsound »

Hi Muffin! Hi guys!

I'm late for class, but as this neverending night is finally over, I will just post a small consideration:

Muffin: In addition to all the things you considered up on your wall... LOOK AT THAT CAT! HOW COULD THAT CAT NOT BE SCUM? (Just kidding dak xD)

Post 248: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 69#1853969
Post 232: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 20#1852920

Ok. Dakarian is no Scum, so that leaves us... Hello! Muffin!

Vote Fakegin/Muffin
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:21 am

Post by danielsound »

Ok, I will explain better:

Radical Pi/kittens is now knownly scum.

The only people that didn't voted on him were You (fakegin) and dakarian.

Now, knowing that, and being scum, you point at dakarian: "HEY! IT'S THAT GUY THAT DIDN'T VOTED ON THE SCUM!"

But Radical Pi already tryed to lynch dakarian on day one, only basing himself on my crazy cat logic and saying that it made sense (LOL?), and dak already voted for Pi once, on the post that I linked.

If dakarian IS scum, that could be part of a plan... But that would be too risky and... A plan like that starting at day one? highly unlikely...

So, The only one that's left, that didn't played pro-town at all, and almost never voted, especially on Pi. Besides that, Pi never pointed a finger at fakegin, only things like "Hey buddy! make some more noise! we would like to hear more from you!"

To me it's crystal clear right now, it all makes sense... Fakegin/Muffin is scum.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:28 am

Post by danielsound »

As of right now, I got my opinion formed on Muffin/Fakegin. He is scum.

I wish to read what more people have to say on that matter.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 am

Post by danielsound »

At the end of day one I raised a FoS on Pi (Actually, on the beggining of day 2, as Pi hammered the hell out of seeker before I could post my wall), and at the beginning of day 2 I voted Pi intended to lynch, and Kept my vote there until Kittens/Pi was brought to justice and lynched. (Even while Kittens tryed to make a Bandwaggon against AGar.)

So let's review... I only made 3 votes. One of them was obviously a joke about Random phrases of Dak and his cat avatar (I really thought that the beginning of the game was randomness/joke related), the other one lynched a scum (before any bandwagon was formed), and the third one... well, the third one is on you :) And I'm pretty sure I'll lynch another scum.

I Think reading me right now is pretty straightforward.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by danielsound »

Really strange reasoning... Kittens changed the playing style, Radical Pi was scummy fore real, and that didn't made her town... lol.

I Think a vote pattern says much more than a lot of other things. And IMO, a vote pattern that kills scum without any kind of pressure to do it SCREAMS townie.

And is based primordially on this logic that I know fakegin/muffin is scum.

A little analysis about what's going on in my head:

AGar: Kittens/Pi got in a big discussion at the end of day 2 with him, where he voted for her and she voted for him. Of course if he was scum it could be staged but... I don't think they would do that, she could still had turned the table, scumbuddies wouldn't chose that time to do something like that I think... I Think they would only do something like this when all the hope is lost for one of them.

Dakarian: Got acused by PI at very beggining, day one, over no good reason. Them accused Pi on the mid of day two. So soon that it couldn't possibly be staged. And besides all that, he has made a really good pro-town game. He couldn't be scum.

Danielsound: Post a few posts above.

Rayfrost: At start got a neutral/town reading of pie, but soon enough put his finger on Pi, making a second reading putting him towards scum alongside with fakegin, and them at the end of day 2, supplied the hammer to kill Kittens/Pi. (At this case, if he were scum he could staged that with her, as all the eyes were pointing at her that moment, she didn't had much hope... but as his play-style is protown, and he actually got some scummy readings on Rad Pi, I think it's safe to say that he is town.)

And that leaves us:

Fakegin/Muffin: This guy did nothing but active lurk all game, at the end of day two when we are all certain that Kittens/Pi is scum he says something like this: "Meh... you all think kittens is scum but... I would like to let hear say a little bit more on that matter...". He couldn't commit to any vote, especially against his scumbuddy. Them, he gets replaced at the longest night of all. (Ok, our mod said he gave us a really long night because he didn't wanted the day to start with a missing guy but that makes me wonder... Is that right or is that because the scum needed a replacement and without the scum no one could get killed by the mafia? If that is true, more night time because muffin needed to read all the topic before chosing VP to kill.) Them, we start the day, and in a change of pace, (I would call it act of despair, but ok.) he starts to make readings bring back things we already discussed, and overlooking other things.

To me, it's that obvious. We already got AGar's input on this, now I would like to listen Dak's and Ray's opinions. (Ray didn't posted any considerations on the actual situation of the game today, only a defense, and some posts trying to understand weird muffin logic XD)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by danielsound »

Yeah, you're right... As it's my first game I didn't had that experience. I probably shouldn't try to guess the mod, sorry.

I would like to hear your reasons to think muffin is scummy too :) And dak's.

(Holy sh**! 15 Games at the same time? Are you crazy Ray??? :O)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:42 am

Post by danielsound »

Muffin wrote:WIFOM.
It would be too much of a risky play to do so soon. One of them would obviously die in a staged act like that, and the scum still had hope to change things around, they could do another plan and keep both of them alive.
Muffin wrote:Day 2 is too early for scum to stage an argument/accusation? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Day one I would say it is. Specially trying to form a bandwagon. Or you as scum want to kill your partner as soon as possible, on Random Vote Stage?
Muffin wrote: I might very well have overlooked some things in my rush to get caught up (the game had stalled, I was anxious to get some thoughts posted). What exactly have I overlooked?
Muffin wrote:I haven't said a single thing about Kitten's play.
That's one thing already :)
I think vote patterns matter, and matter a lot. You overlooked the vote patterns, and brought back some old discussions that are already "solved". But well, as you're scum, there's not much for you to do, you've got to take the attention you're getting and make it go somewhere else... So... Keep trying :D
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:13 am

Post by danielsound »

I Miss dakarian ;_; Maybe his scum cat kidnapped him and isn't letting him post. I think someone should remember him that the game is rolling over here.

Dakarian! Come back! we miss you!
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (isolation #33) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by danielsound »

Muffin wrote:What would you prefer I do? Not post any responses to Ray's post? If I posted a wall of text would it be less of a smokescreen?
I Would prefer you help us catch the scum. But as you're the scum, you unfortunately can't deliberately help us catch yourself... So... :(
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 am

Post by danielsound »

Ok, this just got super boring... so... What's up guys?
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 am

Post by danielsound »

Why on earth would someone doubt VPB on day one with so much weirdness going on? I would investigate Shadebreeze or Dak on day one... VPB wasn't looking even a bit suspicious day one... Shade on the other side....

I think it's a fake claim, Muffin Scumminess Scum.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by danielsound »

Unvote

Ok ,waiting your post.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:46 am

Post by danielsound »

Messiah wrote:1.) If you're scum then you know if you can claim cop without risk of a counter-claim or not.
How? This Claim thing is confusing me... As for now I can't see any way that Muffin could be innocent but... There is no counter-claim, so it seem like it could be true... What startles me is WHO could be scum if Muffin is innocent. As I stated in a earlier post, there's reasons to believe everyone is town, except Muffin...
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:05 am

Post by danielsound »

AGar wrote:The setups were narrowed down 50/50 when Porkchop Express flipped doc: 1 Roleblocker, 1 Goon, 1 Cop, 1 Doc + 5 Townies or 2 Goons, 1 Doc + 6 Townies. If Muffin is a roleblocker, he knows for certain that their is a cop in the wings. If Muffin is a goon, he knows his claim is clear and that there is no cop. If Muffin is the cop, then there is a roleblocker indeed. My best guess is that the actual setup is the 2nd I mentioned (Muffin goon) but Muffin is trying to play off like we're in the 3rd (Muffin cop, 1 roleblocker left).
Oh :O now I got it...

Vote: Muffin
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #504 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:26 am

Post by danielsound »

This really got a lot boring... It's him. What is the doubt now? :o
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by danielsound »

RayFrost wrote:My next suspect would be DanielSound...

he dismissed Radpie's behavior as "noob" behavior along with his own, since he admitted to
doing the same things except posting less
... iso read him and find the large post of his where he puts his entire thing in a quote.

He never actually defended himself from the behaviors that I found scummy in him, and he actually hasn't received much attention...
What is that behavior that you found scummy in me and that I didn't defended myself from? O.o

About dismissing radpie's behavior as noob behavior, I remember that, I went to take another look at what I wrote:
Radicalpi:
It seems like a scum trying to remain unsuspected by accepting any beliefs that are thrown out there, with caution (If I'm not mistaken, He just voted once, on the first stage.). But I'm acting almost like him, posting even less, So I shouldn't call it a scum behavior Surprised maybe a noob behavior Smile
:o Oh my, I don't remember being so acurate about Radpie's scummy behavior, no wonder he turned Scum =x.
Well, It is my first, and only game. And I was a little confused at first. Until that big post with my own opinions and I started thinging the game as I think it is supposed to be thinking, I was kind of shy and going with tendencies. Until I started thinking for myself, as I did when I found RadPi's behavior a little more off than normal and voted him that same day. (Actually the day after, as that post was writen in one day and posted in the other.). It was newbie behavior from me. Now I think I'm playing better :) Anxious to play another one in the future. (I think I better stick to one game at a time, I don't think I would be able to pay attention to so much games at the same time as you guys are doing without being confuse xD)

Btw, I don't understand the part of your post about:
"iso read him and find the large post of his where he puts his entire thing in a quote."
What is
ISO
?

As for next suspect, I don't have one right now. Analysing person by person, and they past relation with the scum, and to the rest of the game. I can't find anything suspicious but Fakegin... Maybe it is due to his whole lurking but... I can't see suspicion in anyone else right now.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by danielsound »

AGar wrote:I pretty much feel the same. At first I thought he was really townish, committing hardcore to lynches. But now, he's kinda trying
too
hard to get Muffin lynched, which is what worries me. He seems like newscum who smells the finish line trying to get there as quick as possible. I almost feel as if Muffin is doing what I did and abandoning hope on what could be perceived as a lost cause. Depending on how Muffin responds, I'd definitely like to try a Danielsound lynch on for size.
I don't know... As I know I'm Town, and I don't have myself to suspect on, I can't suspect on anyone else, so it seems pretty obvious to me that he is the scum.

If we lynch and he doesn't flip scum, I'll probably be the next lynch, as the real scum will probably start shouting: HEY! IT WAS HIM! HE MADE US LYNCH MUFFIN! SCUM! SCUM!" and others would follow along.

Well, I really like being right. I got really happy when I saw that I was right about Rad Pi. And I'll be REALLY HAPPY to see Muffin flipping Scum.

And if I get lynched for some reason, I know I should be sad for the town for lynched another townie but... I will laugh my ass off when you see you guys lynched a townie lol xD

Well. If it isn't muffin, and isn't me. This third person should get a stand ovation at the end of the game, because it would be a really great scum. But as it's a newbie game and we probably don't have a really great scum that deceives everyone... Muffin will turn scum and it'll all be done at the end of the day :) (If not, you guys lynch me and we lose \o)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by danielsound »

RayFrost wrote:
RayFrost wrote: danielsound - wtf kind of reasoning was your pushing of the dakarian lynch? the case was so stupid I would have been laughing if it didn't seem like you were serious. seriously, her cat? reading your posts, I get the feeling of one of the following (obviously leaning toward the scum option) : you are what I shall call... UNT (uber newb town), OR scum trying to seem like UNT to avoid suspicion while casting shady light upon others (dakarian) with laughable posts and reasoning. Daniel has made 10 (that's right, 10) posts in this entire game. NONE of them talk about anybody but dakarian or agreeing with radical pi... that sets off the "WTFSCUM" radar. I believe that's 'nuff said on him...
those were my suspicions...

Danielsound admitted to them being completely accurate...
But they are, I didn't really got the game in the beginning. I made jokes and didn't really analyzed anything well. But I started to catch up on day two. I was a newbie town, now I think I'm a good town :)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by danielsound »

RayFrost wrote:so... you admit to having been scummy and are trying to pass it off as just newb behavior... not buying it, since you also passed of radpie's behavior as newb behavior...
If you really think that voting on dakarian at random vote stage because he has a scary cat as an avatar isn't a joke, and actually a scum behavior... yes O.o

I admit to lurking a bit at the start, and not really analyzing people, I really did that. But my actions on the whole other and bigger part of the game are Pro-Town. The biggest scum pin-point on RadPi come right after that post was written, the Hammer. Then I saw it couldn't be just newbie behavior, and voted him. That's the difference between newbie behavior and scum behavior. Scum behavior goes on, and to worse, newbie behavior wears off when you get used to the game, as I got used to.

Well, all I can do to help you with your suspicion is answer your questions with my real reasons for doing whatever I did, I can't force you to believe them.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by danielsound »

And rereading again my suspicion on RadPi, even then I was accurate about him =x (Except as thinking that he could be just as newbie as I was at that time)
It seems like a scum trying to remain unsuspected by accepting any beliefs that are thrown out there, with caution (If I'm not mistaken, He just voted once, on the first stage.).
I pwnz :)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by danielsound »

This game is getting fun again :D Ok... So let me do some more analysing.

If me, or any other one of us that isn't Muffin or Dakarian/Messiah (The two that didn't voted to lynch RadPi) were the scum, probably muffin would be telling the truth so the game would be like this:

+ 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.

Now, If your suspicions were to be correct, and I were to be the scum the game would have to happened like this:

First, I would be the roleblocker according that setup. If I were to be a roleblocker and I see someone flipping doctor, I would know that there is a cop (According to the possible setups that Messiah posted).
And I would strongly believe that Fakegin/muffin is a cop, because as Muffin said, he was rolleblocked, and I would be the roleblocker... So... In that case, I, as scum would have killed him that night, for believing he is a cop. But ok, I'll overlook this for now, and go on with the hypothesis.

So, I would talk to my scumbuddy at day one, on a talk that would go something like this:
_Hey dude! Lemme bring dirty on you and lynch you out of the game!
_WHAAAAT? WTF dude! I want to play!
_But scumhunting you I'll look cool and everyone will think I'm townie!
_But I won't be playing!
_Details... Details... So are we okay?

If somehow, I could talk him in going out of the game, anyway he ended up being replaced, so I would have a talk with my new buddy:
_Hello new scumbuddy! How are you?
_Good! :D Great game han? But... Tell me, why are you scumhunting on me?
_Oh, I want to get you lynched so I can look townie :D
_... BUT I JUST GOT INTO THE GAME ;_;
_Oh details... Details... So are we okay?

So If I could convince my second scumbuddy that just got into the game to be lynched by me, I would go on and lynch my scumbuddy voting on him and having him on evidence just as soon as day 2 started. (I started off by voting and scumhunting up on RadPi, and then after the change didn't move my vote and continued scumhunting on Kittens.)

After getting my scumbuddy lynched, as you are now suggesting, I would want a quicklynch of muffin to try to go for a fast win lynching some random townie without any real suspicion(We DO HAVE suspicion on him in the real game). So, as this hypothesis I'm running suggests, we would lynch him and he would turn COP. It would look as bad as It could for me, I would be quicklynched and BOOM, end of story. What I think a scum would do in this sittuation is saying: "HOLY CR** HE IS THE COP! (If the scum would be a roleblocker, he would know that with no counter claim he really is the cop) and probably would go: "Hey... I guess he is right... maybe the scum is... that guy over there! *Points to any other random guy*". So he would lynch a regular townie, not a cop. But anyway...

I'm not saying that someone couldn't convince 2 scummbuddies to self-sacrifice for the other scummbuddy, that would be really weird to happen, but is still possible. I think that was what VPB had in mind when he rulled me and AGar as towns:

[quote=VPB]In case I'm dead tomorrow, I'll reiterate that I think danielsound is town. If kitten flips scum, AGar is probably town as well (but that doesn't mean its guaranteed). I don't trust the other three enough to say who is who. Make sure you talk it out well before reaching any decisions. [/quote]

Well, going to sleep now \o
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by danielsound »

Btw, I think the greatest fun of this hypothesis would be on the start of the day 3:
_Ok, So I really think Fakegin is a cop (I would have roleblocked him because I would believe he is a cop) but... NO! I'm not going to kill him! I'm going to kill the ONE GUY that said he is sure I'm town! Yeah! That makes complete sense! If I let him live tonight he can go on tomorrow telling people about how I'm town and people should trust me! I can't let that happen! KILL HIM!

And a addition to the scumm plan of the "Muffin Saying the truth world":
As If muffin was saying the truth the guy would be a Roleblocker and would be certain that Muffin was telling the truth, he would probably REALLY WANT to kill another random townie, because he would than be able to kill Muffin (The Cop) during night anyway, without looking suspicious about killing an alleged cop.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #523 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by danielsound »

RayFrost wrote:ummm... you would be shooting who you thought was obv town and tossing your RB on somebody else who you thought was a risk to you, nothing more or less... do try to be more logical in this...
I can't understand that sentence (Maybe because I just wake up and still am a little bit sleepy), I would appreciate if you could rephrase it.

Well, I'm being logical about it. The whole idea about me being scum and convincing two scumbuddys that they have to be lynched by me is that sounds too surreal to be true.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:27 am

Post by danielsound »

RayFrost wrote:eh, bussing is a common strategy.

lemme explain it:

you'd shoot one player you thought was PR

you'd RB another player you thought was possibly the PR as well

also, you can't daytalk, and bussing is something you don't need permission to do.

quoting that VP thought you were town doesn't change whether or not you are

a dead townie can still be wrong, it just means the read wasn't motivated for scum goals.

the rest is kinda WIFOMesque

also, you can't look suspicious for killing the cop... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS.
Hm, now I see it.

Quoting that VP thought I was town doesn't change whether or not I am town. But If I were to be scum, killing the player that believes I am town is really weird.

What I'm saying with the previous posts is that if I were to be scum, This whole game would be like a plot architected by some weird Villain Mastermind of old movies. That would be cool thought... Despite very unlikely to happen, things probably have a waaaay simpler explanation than a plot where the scum frames his scumbuddy to seem innocent.
And again, that's why I think muffin is the culprit, as me, Agar and Rayfrost lynched the scum, I'm assuming that all of these 3 are innocent. Dakarian had another fights and fingerpoints at the Scum, despite not voting on him on his lynch, so I'm taking him as innocent too, and that only leaves Fakegin/Muffin.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:32 am

Post by danielsound »

Messiah wrote:While all the theorizing that danielsound is doing hurts my head, there is one thing I immediately noticed that I'd like to comment on.
danielsound wrote: And I would strongly believe that Fakegin/muffin is a cop, because as Muffin said, he was rolleblocked, and I would be the roleblocker...
In what way would roleblocking a cop confirm/deny/hint at his role?
As you said there are these possible setups:

+ 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
+ 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Townies.
+ 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

If Muffin tells the truth, There is a mafia roleblocker. As the doctor flipped a while back ago, it would be obvious to the roleblocker that the first one is the right setup:

A Scum roleblocker, Knowing who is scum and who isn't, and seeing that muffin said he is a cop, would know that he isn't scum, so he wouldn't have any motives to a faketell, so it would probably be truth.
Roleblocking a cop wouldn't confirm/deny/hint at his role. Muffin screaming on the topic while a scum would be a rolebloker that uses logic would confirm/hint his role.
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:11 am

Post by danielsound »

AGar wrote:
Messiah wrote:Also, I am strongly against a danielsound lynch.
Why's that, exactly?

His logic here has been more flawed than a lemon from Ford. I'd like to lynch Muffin today as well, but Daniel is really not helping his case. His obnoxious WIFOM smells like a newscum trying to taunt the town.
I'm a townie, trying to talk sense into the town.

All I am saying is that it would be really hard and waaaay unlikely for me to be a scum and play protown/lynch a scum like I did.

Would you please tell me how my logic is flawed?
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:08 am

Post by danielsound »

Well, If I can answer any questions that can help you with your doubts, please ask.

If you guys are certain that I am the scum, well, Vote me. (And please, if I'm dead at day 4 remember What I said about muffin, I still strongly believes he is our guy.)
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by danielsound »

E aí? Cadê todo mundo? Cadê o omod? :o Vencemos? Acabou? :O
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by danielsound »

My bad, it's like 2 AM here, enough for me to forget that this is an english speaking forum, lol.

The post before this one says:
"So? Where is everyone? Where is omod? :D Did we win? Is it over? :O"
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:16 am

Post by danielsound »

AGar wrote:Portuguese?

Also, dunno where O-Mod is. If he doesn't respond soon, I might send a message to VRK.
Yeah, I'm a Brazillian xD
danielsound
danielsound
Townie
danielsound
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (isolation #55) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:51 am

Post by danielsound »

RayFrost wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Good job town using logic after I was gone to figure out Muffin was the final scum. I was starting to get worried there when the tide was turning on danielsound, but you guys came through in the end.

I don't have a lot of time today, but I will probably try to get my opinion of what did and what didn't work in each player's game soon.
The tide was actually me saying "if it isn't muffin, it's DS" not "it's DS, not muffin!"

I'd like the scum QT, btw.
Yeah, if muffin wasn't the scum it would probably be me... Anyway...

I WASN'T SCUM!!! HA! I TOLD YOU SO!

xD

My two votes that wasn't cat-related were right on the spot, or on the scum if you like :3 I'm proud of myself <) lol

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”