Newbie 827 - Store Katana (Scum Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:54 am

Post by oramiuri »

/confirm!
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:26 am

Post by oramiuri »

Sorry! I ended up taking an impromptu road trip. But I'm back!

Vote: Sarcyn
via random.org
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:24 am

Post by oramiuri »

Unvote
and IGMEOY; Wysp.
Wysp wrote: You know what I think is suspicious?

You.

Pushing, pushing, pushing. Never giving up. Hammering me as hard as you can. You've been playing it calm, laid-back--just like a Mafian who doesn't want to be noticed...
*deep breath*
Okay, keep things civil, Wysp. I apologize for getting upset. He's pushed me a bit far, without heeding my requests.
I'm slightly wary of all these histrionics and hyperbole about how ruthless and mean Messiah is. I mean, it's only been three pages and you're already talking about this person like they've invaded Poland. This smells of OMGUS and desperation to me.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 am

Post by oramiuri »

And one more thing: according to the wiki (and I have no idea exactly how authoritative the wiki is considered to be) voting no lynch reduces the amount of chances available to lynch Mafia, and thus may be considered counter productive.

Personally, I am uncomfortable with this tactic as, from what I've seen when I've poked around the forums, it appears to be rather unorthodox to vote no lynch on the first day. I am unsure of what kind of situation that will put us in, and thus I feel uneasy doing it.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 am

Post by oramiuri »

Having reviewed my post, I just realized the irony of alluding to Hitler while trying to accuse Wysp of using hyperbole, lol.

The point still stands, though. Wysp appears to have been trying to appeal to emotion rather than reason, and is now citing uncheckable facts to construe some semblance of a rational argument for his character. I'm curious as to how deep this rabbit hole goes.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by oramiuri »

XScorpion wrote:My vote is staying where it is. If we end up lynching townies unintentionally, I would prefer that we lynch the lurkers than the ones who have actually offered insight, since it's a lot harder to get a read on people who don't post.
I respectfully disagree. From what I've seen, the kind of revelations which are useful as evidence tend come come out of emotional outbursts, which in turn usually result to being very close to being lynched. Clearly, one can not put pressure on a lurker.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by oramiuri »

Perhaps I'm micro analyzing, but what do people think of Sarcyn's leave? Is he bored with his role of a vanilla townie, or does he feel unwilling to go through the effort of being a doc/cop/mafia? Or am I just being ridiculous and he truly has better things to do?

@Sarcyn; please don't reveal. As a wise man once said, "The suspense is unbearable! I hope it will last."

VOTE COUNT

(2) Wysp - julienvonwolfe, Messiah

(1) n107yuh - XScorpion
(1) NewAgeWarrior - purple princess
(1) Messiah - Wysp

Not Voting: n107yuh, Sarcyn, NewAgeWarrior, oramiuri

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
DEADLINE: September 7, 2009 12:01 PM PST
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by oramiuri »

I'm still suspicious of Wysp, but less so than I am of n107yuh. That one line post was kind of strange. Would you care to explain your reasoning, n107yuh?
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:37 am

Post by oramiuri »

I know this sort of contradicts what I said earlier about not being able to pressure lurkers, but n107 exhibited some very scummy behavior and then disappeared, thus contributing very little analysis to the game itself.

Vote: n107yuh
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by oramiuri »

purple princess wrote:
NAW wrote:
Scorpion wrote:

I have a feeling that n107 is just gonna get replaced and then I'm going to have to really think about who I should vote for...
FoS:XScorpion
So your not really thinking about who you are voting for?
I see nothing wrong with this statment and it would have looked ok if NAW hadn't have made this earlier post.
NAW wrote:I also have a weird vibe at Xscorpion. I'm not sure why, I just do.
So I concur that you you accuse XScorpion of doing the same as you, so this makes you look even more scummy to me. Also I am unsure why you only voted for someone after Messiah had asked why you hadn't voted for anyone, were you trying to look for a safe bandwaggon to join without yourself being noticed?
I'm unsure of what your thesis is here. How do these two quotes relate? Please elaborate.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by oramiuri »

I apologize for not posting as much as I should; I simply do not like to say something without thinking it through thoroughly. Also I have a boat load of AP/IB classes to contend with. I should be more active on the weekends, though.

And I am not changing my vote because I'm fairly sure that n107yuh was scum, or at least did some pretty scummy things; and that Adam, by extension, is scum as well.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:26 am

Post by oramiuri »

I simply do not like to switch my vote around willy nilly. I believe someone upthread said something about how vote hopping devalues the vote, which I agree with.

I could flail my arms about and make wild, unsupported accusations; indeed, my thought process is often of jumping from one extreme to another and reasoning down to the middle; but I try not to post as such, as I would seem and obnoxious and rash. I do not enjoy being thought of as unpleasant by complete strangers.

I'm afraid that my "micro analyzing" post was an example of the thought process that I try to keep private. I made a poor choice in posting it.

I apologize for being somewhat inactive, and I understand if that makes me appear scummy, but I certainly didn't just jump in and vote. I have been posting and analyzing throughout.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 am

Post by oramiuri »

Unvote

Having given this a bit more thought, I've decided that there is some plausibility to the noob arguments on n107yuh. And adamrights seems pretty normal, so either he's not scum or I'm not very perceptive.
oramiuri
oramiuri
Townie
oramiuri
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by oramiuri »

@ Excedrin:

Who would you recommend that I vote for? Right now, things seem a bit tense, and I have no desire to needlessly escalate the situation with a careless vote.

I'm currently rereading the thread to get a better sense of the whole picture: please bear with me for a day or so.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”