Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 am

Post by adamrights »

/confirm, I'm in.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by adamrights »

Vote Kitoari
because K comes after E (Exalt) in the alphabet.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:43 am

Post by adamrights »

UNVOTE

Vote Kichirou
for this chainsaw defense of Kitoari...

I'm on to you K bastards :twisted:
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:25 am

Post by adamrights »

hohum wrote:
Official Vote Count
adamrights(2): Kichirou, adamrights

With 9 Alive it takes 5 to lynch.
@mod: I'm not suicidal yet... didn't vote for self :)

You're absolutely right. My mistake. I fixed the vote count. Sorry.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by adamrights »

sraymonds wrote:Oh and

Vote Pomegranate.

The seeds stick in my teeth.
Excessive random voting might need to stop in your case... 8-) I'm tempted to vote you, especially since Pomegranates kick ass.

@Exalt: I don't think two scum would do a double lynch...seems like a dead give away to the town, no?

What about those K guys? Still looking shady to me...grrr! :evil:
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:31 am

Post by adamrights »

adamrights wrote:
sraymonds wrote:Oh and

Vote Pomegranate.

The seeds stick in my teeth.
Excessive random voting might need to stop in your case... 8-) I'm tempted to vote you, especially since Pomegranates kick ass.

@Exalt: I don't think two scum would do a double lynch...seems like a dead give away to the town, no?

What about those K guys? Still looking shady to me...grrr! :evil:
@JackintheBox777: This is post 45. What's scummy about it? It looks RVS to me hence Pablo's RVS response to the emoticons...but I can see in a lazy moment how you'd maybe think that...you probably shouldn't throw down baseless claims though... :shock:

I'm new to playing here -- my first game, but I played a few mafia games on this other forum and my brother urged me to join up here.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:33 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
Since you voted him, you have some sort of inkling that he is scum. Why would you give this "proper" defense to scum, then? Makes no sense, and I have one thing for people that make no sense.

unvote, vote: Jackinthebox777
This seems like some quick logic to jump a vote on Jackinthebox777 -- simply calling out a "scum strategy" isn't giving the defense to the scum.

FOS: Pablo
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by adamrights »

Katy wrote:
adamrights
: but in looking back, I find that the use of emoticons does in fact correspond to a joking manner that seems a bit forced. I am suspecting he may be adopting a jovial, joking manner as a cover.
Really now? Because looking back at my record you've been able to deduce that this usage seems a bit forced? How so?8-)

In particular I note post 22 where he accuses Kichirou of the chainsaw defense during random voting when it seems pretty apparent it was a random vote like everyone else's. He also keeps using the same joke "K names" to throw suspicion on people. Once would have been cute, but twice raises my hackles.

Vote: Adamrights
Sorry I'm new Katy :roll: and did not realize using two emoticons might be suspicious :( :wink: , but seriously...the "K" thing was an obvious joke in the RVS. I did not actually suspect the "K people"...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by adamrights »

I guess if Pablo turns out scum then Katy should be the next investigation.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by adamrights »

Though I guess this depends on the setup. I'm used to a different site where there is always 1 cop and 1 doctor.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:23 am

Post by adamrights »

Katy wrote:
Pablo Molinero wrote: But my vote is not based on that as much as it was based on his post 22 which could be explained in retrospect as either a serious vote or a random joke vote depending on how events turned out. I'm wary of people who post like that.

There's just something about it that comes across as hedging your bets to me, Adam. It's not the emoticons I find suspicious, it's the tone of the posts, where you seem to be setting up a future situation where you can fall back on "No, I was just joking!" as a defense when someone questions your involvement of a lynch on a townie.
Post 22 is on page one and clearly RVS, on top of that -- if a bandwagon actually occurred on any of the K-guys I would have jumped off...it was a joking tone because I was joking. :idea:

I'm playing around with the emoticons, finding my style here...so your right to not assume too much from that.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:58 am

Post by adamrights »

Exalt wrote:
adamrights wrote:I guess if Pablo turns out scum then Katy should be the next investigation.
Are you suggesting lynching Pablo and setting up a possible future lynch of Katy? What is your thought process with this?

Just wondering, because you seem to have your top two suspects being the ones that voted for you. This is definitely in an OMGUS fashion, and I don't like it.
Pablo was voting for Jack when I made this post. I thought his vote was scummy, which is why I find him suspicious. It has nothing to do with his previous vote on me. I find Katy also suspicious but for different reasons.
Exalt wrote:
adamrights wrote:Though I guess this depends on the setup. I'm used to a different site where there is always 1 cop and 1 doctor.
This is slight rolefishing too. You also gain + scum points for this. Did you not read the first post that stated the 4 possible setups? Are you hoping for a claim or something? I don't get it.
I was just discussing for the sake of discussion. Why not?
Pablo Molinero wrote: So: would anyone be down with a lurker-lynch at this point?
Are you for a lurker-lynch at this point?
Pomegranate wrote: -adamrights, I don't understand your reasoning for being suspicious of Pablo. Could you explain what was fishy about him in clearer terms?
Post 72 is where I illustrate my suspicions on Pablo.

Kind of in a rush, have to read page 5. Should post more later.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by adamrights »

@Pablo I didn't want to affect your answer, but I don't think we should lurker-lynch...I doubt scum have been lurking, and this might just be a guess -- but someone getting scum in a newbie game might get overly excited...hence even less likely to lurk; plus, it seems worthwhile to keep discussion going and see what happens in the conversations leading to a lynch.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by adamrights »

If you think I'm top scum suspect you should switch over to me, we should see where people stand.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:23 am

Post by adamrights »

@Deep Blue Pretty much it seems like your saying any lynch right now is a good lynch (because we all know it really is a roll of the dice right now). And your hooking that up with the slight roll toward me. So you know what...you just slipped up Deep Blue. You placed a subtle push for "Vote Adamrights" purposely into the thread. This makes me think you want the day to end with a good random lynch vote, so that you can get to the night phase and get on to your killing.

Begging for the "more discussion" allows you to claim you weren't really pushing an end to the day. But that's not true.

If you actually thought I might be scum and were a townie you'd cast a vote for me, because this vote is 90% luck right now and if you really believe I gave a tell then it would be worth voting me.

Instead you just lightly tapped on the town side...trying to push us off course -- your scum and your indecisiveness is an expression of this subtle maneuvering your attempting on us.

So yeah.
unvote, Vote Deep Blue
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:25 am

Post by adamrights »

Exalt wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
VOTE: Adamrights[/b]

because I want to hear what he has to say about everything, no time for lurking with a deadline in a week.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:27 am

Post by adamrights »

I clicked submit not preview on the last post, but was going to say: I was stuck away from internet for two days -- ended up staying at this girl's house longer than I intended too, but I'll be responding soon, just needed to get a post in since I got prodded.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 am

Post by adamrights »

Unvote

I jumped on Deep Blue mainly to see his reactions, and so I can't remember if I knew he was responding or not to a question, but it didn't really matter to me because my point was to see how he would respond.

The same goes with asking those to vote for myself. I wanted to see what people who had suspicions would do. It generated some discussion, which might prove useful later, and I tried to create potential for people to jump on a suspicion bandwagon...

I'm reading some of the past games of some people here...so I'll let you know what I think, but as of now I don't think Deep Blue is scum, not enough to keep a vote on at least.

I have to run. Heading to court to fight some annoying traffic tickets, ughh...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:00 am

Post by adamrights »

Pomegranate wrote:
adamrights wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
VOTE: Adamrights[/b]

because I want to hear what he has to say about everything, no time for lurking with a deadline in a week.
Um, I didn't vote for you, Exalt did.
That was an accident -- didn't mean to hit submit, but it is interesting to know that your very clear about not voting for me. Perhaps, as scum, you know I'm not and want to make the town-side perceive you as not for lynching a townie. :roll:
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
Pablo, why did you unvote from Jackinthebox just because he was replaced? Is there something in YDK's post that made you do so? Or was it ust for the replacement?
Yeah, mostly due to replacement. I don't think replacements should get off the hook, but he made an active post and I have an odd feeling I need to step back and look at this game again.
I wonder, with people suggesting scum are more likely to lurk, could it be that a newbie getting a scum might be waiting for night time and therefore get dropped. Especially since it seems Jack did not want to be replaced.

This might be stretching desperately for something, but it is definitely worth considering.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by adamrights »

Deep Blue wrote:
adamrights

Top suspect at this point for me. Post 114 was rather scummy and post 153 felt like you were trying to back out quickly. You also said in post 69 that you played a few games so it can't be chalked up to newbishness.
For what it's worth I played mafia off of a Wheel of Time mud forum with some people from the mud -- there were generally lots of roles & role-playing + a bunch of joking/humor...so maybe my style is a bit different. I really don't know what I'm doing here.

But, I don't think my post 153 was backing out. Perhaps I was hazy about the details cause I was smoking like a chimney with Mariah...so those two days felt like a week.

I do notice your cooing to Pablo, even though I'm not too suspicious of you...it could be a tactic to buddy up to an innocent (once suspected) Pablo, because if the town lynched me it might put you under a bit of suspicion.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by adamrights »

@Sraymonds, Hey -- so who is your top suspect right now?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:48 am

Post by adamrights »

Exalt wrote:
I don't really agree with voting yourself. I've done it before too.. yet it is usually done as a "fuck this I give up" thing rather than a "see if scum jump on my wagon" thing. Either way... you are calling yourself suspicious at that point... I just don't understand your mindset.
I did not vote for myself. I asked those who are suspicious of me to put up their vote at that time. It was not a "I give up move" at all.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:59 am

Post by adamrights »

sraymonds wrote:I think this game is way above my head.
Something about this quotation has me rethinking sraymonds. He has been lurking lately (last post August 2nd) and this answer just seems too self-critical...too desperately trying to appear newbie.

Now I know both of us are playing our first games here. But you did choose to play the game, and you must have read up on it -- so this is why the line seems a bit desperate to me. Further, you seem really worried about dying...especially as a newbie that seems like a scum tell.

Alright, if I get some more time I'll try to get some meta-data based posts, we'll see...I've been invited to this festival from Friday to Sunday, but not sure if it is happening...I'll keep informed.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:51 am

Post by adamrights »

Some quick thoughts: I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum. My gut is leaning toward Pom. You've been showing a tendency to question if I'm suspicious lately (sort of like Pablo), which seems like the right tactic to me if your scum, see someone acting suspicious, but know they're town...that way you could come aboard around vote 4 if another person hops on me, and make it like you were convinced by the crowd plus you took a roll of the dice (which I guess we're all doing to some degree). I'm trying to make scum reads off reactions off me...

As for a lurker-lynch vote...I'm not really for it. Whose been lurking lately? Syramonds? You haven't answered my question yet...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 am

Post by adamrights »

Katy wrote:
adamrights wrote:
Really now? Because looking back at my record you've been able to deduce that this usage seems a bit forced? How so?8-)
So looking back at sraymonds's record you've been able to deduce that his "newbieness" is an act?

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:00 am

Post by adamrights »

EBWOP: :D
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by adamrights »

Hey guys, I'm back...will begin to respond/post soon. Just read through a bit but I'm real tired. I wasn't planning to go away this weekend, but got the chance to go to this festival (desideratafestival.com) for free. Was awesome, but hohum posted because I had to call my brother and have him send a mail (it was that last minute)

Anyways, one thing to respond to now:
Exalt wrote:
I'm not. I would appreciate you not say these things though, because just as adamrights did it... it can be viewed as rolefishing.... I don't like that you stated me and pablo as possible roles at all.
I'm guessing your talking about these two posts I made.
adamrights wrote:Though I guess this depends on the setup. I'm used to a different site where there is always 1 cop and 1 doctor.
adamrights wrote:I guess if Pablo turns out scum then Katy should be the next investigation.
I think the line "just as adamrights did it" is not true. I never said any player was a certain role. I just was throwing out a suggestion incase there was a cop. Also, I figured the more talking the better earlier on, as it helps us get more people talking and more likely to slip up.

And I think I've actually been doing a good job for the town, because we'll have more reads off people pushing my lynch.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 am

Post by adamrights »

Kirbyoshi wrote:EBWOP: However, I will post two people I am suspicious of...
adamrights wrote:Some quick thoughts: I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum....(EDITED OUT FOR SPACING)....I'm trying to make scum reads off reactions off me...

Don't know why, but this post seems kinda scummy...it's like you've been just playing around almost all day, and now all of a sudden you start scum-hunting? Feeling some pressure?

Does it seem scummy because you want it to be? Because I had recently placed syramonds as someone who I might think of scum? I ask because I didn't suddenly start scum-hunting. I believed the conversation I was having plus even asking "if you think I'm scum, vote me" -- all were scum-hunting tactics to me. Now, I see the newer posts explaining how it isn't really a good tactic. That's fine, I can agree with that, but my "playing around" during the beginning of the day was me trying to make reads on people.
Kirbyoshi wrote: but I'm leaning toward the option that he and his scumbuddy haven't figured out a target yet. Let's get rid of him already, since most of us agree that he's the most suspicious.
Unvote Deep Blue
Vote: adamrights
I at first found this a rushed jump on me, and you do seem to have been supporting a quick bandwagon since joining the game, which seems scummy to me – as if you know I’m innocent, see there is momentum and figure the hammer could easily drop on me without anyone getting too much blame…I’m a bit worried Pablo has been “playing” me to do this as well...more on that in a bit.
Kirbyoshi wrote:I just think it's very interesting that Pablo's mindset is that getting rid of an obvious mobster is a scummy thing to do. Could it be that Pablo is the other scum?
This is ridiculous. I’m no obvious mobster…even if you think I am. I think you might have replaced syramonds, saw he was scum and didn’t know what to do – so you went full throttle, attack, call out, push lynch…
Kirbyoshi wrote: Pablo Molinero: You and DB are probably tied for second on my scumlist. The fact that you keep pushing for a lurker-lynch, combined with the fact that you basically voted for me based simply on the third-vote theory, which is not enough evidence.
Pablo did not push for a lurker-lynch, he was trying to get opinions out. Saying that he is pushing a lurker-lynch is trying to make him look worse, and is scummy.
Pomegranate wrote:Possible scumpair: Pablo & Adamrights. Any thought? Pablo- Exalt said that he is playing differently than he usually does. At the beginning of the game Pablo said he was seriously voting adamrights due to his use of emoticons. Later, in post 100, he said that he isn't suspicious of adam for his use of emoticons at all, not explaining why. Is it possible that they hadn't figured out how to interact as scum yet? Possible, but it could just be me. As suggested previously (I can't remember by whom), Pablo could be asking about lurker-lynch because he doesn't want it to be used on him. I heard what he had to say about a research paper, and if he starts posting more, I'll take that into account. But for now,
FoS: Pablo
I don't have time right now to post my suspicions of adam. I will probably be able to this afternoon. I will not have access tonight or tomorrow, although I might on Saturday night or Sunday morning. It's possible I won't though, so I could be V/LA up until Sunday night, but I don't think so.
I really do not like this post by Pom. The attack on Pablo for my “emoticon” usage is coming from the RVS, and it seemed an obvious joke to me. Also, how could we have been “figuring out” how to act? Scum can only use quick topics during the night, right?
Plus, you say you need time to explain your suspicions on me. Everyone’s been throwing them out. If anything, it seems like you wanted to get the idea of Pablo-Adam as a scum team, and then let it sit on the thread and manifest…if you had something new that was suspicious about me why not just post it?
Pomegranate wrote:
Pablo wrote: I’m not sure why I didn’t notice it before, but Pom on page 4 is looks very suspect in my opinion. For one, she gives the whole awful:
Pom wrote: I agree with this. I would love to actually scumhunt, but at this point no one's been acting scummy enough to earn my vote.
Actually, I'm sure you did notice it before, considering you asked me about it in post 93, right after I posted it. Then we had a discussion about, and you seemed to let it drop. I'm not sure why you're bringing it up again.
This is a good point and does appear scummy on Pablo’s part, especially since there was/is some momentum against Pom, including from myself.
Kirbyoshi wrote: Also, role-speculating is just that...
speculating
. The fact that DB posted so close to his deadline really sticks in my mind as a scummy move, quite possibly more than just a goon.

Would a goon and a role-blocker really act differently? Also, claiming there's a doctor -- it seems like you might know the setup of this game…is that because you’re the scum and made a newbie slip up revealing that knowledge? I mean, come on...why would a mafia role-blocker act much different in a newbie game than a mafia goon? Am I wrong here? I don't like what you did here Kirbyoshi.
This move combined with your quick jump on me…MAJOR FOS.
Katy wrote: Adamrights went from active to suddenly laying pretty low as suspicion has begun to mount on him. He's got sanctioned time off now, but that makes me even more suspicious, as his activity dropped off soon before he knew he would be gone for a few days. Scum sometimes try to bore the town away from them by not giving them much until hopefully town gets bored and their attention wanders. Unless someone pops up as really scummy over the weekend, my vote is staying.

Hey Katy, sorry about being away -- but I got to go to a $150 music festival for free. It was nuts in upstate NY...music was great, setting beautiful, lots of pot and psychedelics :) So that's why I was gone and it was very last minute as I wasn't going to go if I had to pay.
Well, having read up I’m leaning towards Kirb now. I think he came out attacking non-stop, but there have been some scum tells to me. The bandwagon rush lynch on me. T he whole set-up knowledge and some of the baseless attacks on Pablo, such as calling out the lurker-lynch after the reasoning was explained.
Yet, I’m also a bit wary of Pablo because of his tactics. I have the feeling he is doing a “soft-buddy- up” to me on purpose, so that he doesn’t look responsible if I flip town – yet, he is subtly pushing my lynch in post 198 but saying he’s okay with it.
Pablo Molinero wrote: adam
I definitely think between Exalt, DB and Pom there is a scum
Looks like he's fishing around for something anyone can get behind by listing a lot of names. While I have a definite #1 right now with my vote, I would be all right with an adamrights lynch today if push comes to shove on the deadline. Alright, time for a more complete re-read.
I was not fishing around in that list. It was based off my gut feeling and reads. Honestly, I’m not sure who to vote for right now. I think there is a scum between Kirb/Pablo and a scum between Pom/DB. I think my number one group is the Kirb/Pablo.

Who to vote for? I like that Kirb is adding to discussion, but my reason for actually questioning his scummyness now is that if he knows I’m not scum and he came hard against me – isn’t that going to attract the town’s attention? Perhaps, but I was acting scummy enough that he could maybe blame it on that…so:
VOTE KIRB

FOS: Pablo
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:40 am

Post by adamrights »

Kirb, is there any reason you assumed the scum have a role-blocker and that we have a doctor/cop? What was the point? There really wasn't any...it wasn't just speculation; it was informed speculation.

I'm thinking we might have luckily caught the real scum RB with your slip up. (Would a goon know if his partner is a RB...not until evening in a newbie game, right?)

This makes sense with syramonds going inactive after coming off too suspicious early on. Perhaps he did not want to lose this power role for the mafia...

Unless someone else has some further insight I believe my vote on Kirb is the best bet for the town -- it's a slip-up we have to capitalize on.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 am

Post by adamrights »

@Exalt:
I did not suddenly start saying I think Pablo might be purposely buddying up to me. This is my second or third time it happened, and I've always remained cautious of Pablo.

As for me bringing up the suspicions on Kirb. I just went through the forum and did a long post because of being away. That is why I might have added to what you guys said.

But also, what else do we have to go on? Kirb made a slip-up on the game setup, which is scummy. I am not questioning him because he is pushing hard for my lynch. That seems town-like. If he knows I'm not scum he is taking a risk pushing on me...but, because when he did that there was a lot of suspicion against me, I think he could have reasoned that it would be easy to explain-away his bandwagon/push due to most of the discussion pointing at me being the scummiest.

Thus, I think it is worth to risk to lynch him because we might be getting a scum with a role.

Although, knowing that they can discuss pre-game makes it less likely that Kirb is the RB, if there is one, as he could know about the other RB through the QT.

Also, Exalt -- you seem quick to defend Kirb (Chainsaw?) -- perhaps your disappointed that momentum might be moving away from a townie getting lynched to a mobster.

@Kirb:
Is there any reason you chose to mention a specific setup with a role-blocker? What even made you think there was a RB in this game?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by adamrights »

Kirbyoshi wrote: Yes, Pablo, it was an utter disaster, one that led to needless suspicion of me and something I didn't need to do. Sorry, I guess I kinda need to work on how far I'm pushed before I crack, because that's kinda what happened there. You complained because I wasn't posting anything of significance, so I posted what I thought might be the setup, and I assumed DB was RB since he was so darn lurky.
I just don't know if I believe this... "Pushed before I crack?" You really had little to no stress on you. It's a game too and your supposed to be attacked, challenged and respond with "things of significance". Although, if I can believe you felt under pressure that strengthens my thinking that you slipped up when you said RB. Though if you did make that mistake I'm guessing it had less to do with being under pressure and more to do with diverting attention/spreading misinformation.

Also, your tone in your last two posts has dramatically changed, which does make sense because your on the defensive, but it's noted.
Kirbyoshi wrote:@anyone: Would scum know the full setup of the game, or only the scum setup?

Also, if I made the role-speculation mistake because I was scum, wouldn't I try to divert attention away from it?
Your right, you would only know the scum setup. As for trying to divert attention, I think you'd do exactly what you did if you made that mistake.

You do seem really afraid to get lynched now, but that's a null-tell I'm guessing, especially on day 1.

For now my vote stays.

@DB & Pom: What do you think, opinions?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by adamrights »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
adamrights wrote:You do seem really afraid to get lynched now, but that's a null-tell I'm guessing, especially on day 1.
And I suppose you're completely ok with getting lynched? I mean, you did basically ask for people to vote for you.
Actually, I never did that. I simply said if you THINK I'm scum vote for me, and that was much earlier in the day, and you only seem to be bringing it up as a distraction.

Also...by null-tell I mean NOT a tell, so I wasn't saying this was scummy of you, and I only noted the change in tone, although now, your reaction seems scummy.

It's as if you did not take the time to actually read what I wrote because you know your scum and you just need to deflect the attention.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by adamrights »

I don't like how you represented me Katy.
Katy wrote:
Exalt wrote:Adam, I agree that he COULD be scum, but what I don't like is the fashion everyone jumped on the wagon. I just don't like it. It tingles my scumdar quite a bit.
Adamrights was mostly pushing Kirb not for the role talk but for trying to rush a lynch of himself, and then once Mitey Mouse pulled the role speculation post out of Adam's list of points and put it in a much more suspicious light, Adam suddenly did pretty much the same thing he was voting Kirb for:
You are quoting Exalt and then making like it is my point. Nonetheless, in my post against Kirb I specifically stated it is his fast rush to vote for me combined with his slip-up on RB. And, it really is the slip-up that makes the vote on me then seem scummier because he would have the knowledge that I'm town and yet could get away with trying to lynch me (if he didn't make the slip up).

You misrepresent me by making it like I only emphasized that argument after others jumped in.
adamrights wrote: Unless someone else has some further insight I believe my vote on Kirb is the best bet for the town -- it's a slip-up we have to capitalize on.
Katy wrote: If you think it's scummy to try to rush a lynch of someone when they are appearing scummy, why did you try to do it once you had some support for your vote?

I agree that we're coming up to deadline so we need to get down to business, but at that point we at least had time to hear from Kirb before "capitalizing on the slip-up" and lynching him right away.
I'm encouraging people to vote to lynch Kirb, because I believe we should take advantage of his slip-up. Capitalizing on his slip-up does not equal lynching him without hearing him speak. I would assume if anyone dropped the hammer before letting him speak that would be a huge scum tell.

So making it like I tried to encourage the town to rush a vote on him without letting him speak is just not true.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am

Post by adamrights »

Pomegranate wrote:Exalt:
I need time to make a scumlist and whatnot, but adamrights is scummy. Period. I'm not so sure about Kirby, but I have a gut feeling that he's a townie. The things that are viewed as scummy by other people just seem to be newbie actions to me.
Pom, I really don't like your attitude toward me. I'm not scum. I haven't played here before -- maybe I acted odd in the beginning, but seriously.

I'm down for a deadline extension. I need to do some thinking. After reading over all of Kirbs post I'm not as convinced he's scum...but this has more to do with my sneaking suspicion Pablo is 'playing' me. I really like this deadline extension...I'm at work now, though, so need to get off.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 am

Post by adamrights »

Kirbyoshi wrote:If DB is going to be replaced soon, I think an extension might be in order, just to get his replacement familiarized with the game before he's had a chance to make an informed vote.
BTW, this seems pro-town to me.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 am

Post by adamrights »

Katy wrote:
Finishing up my paper. Hopefully I can post later today and explain, but DAMN has Kirbyoshi rocketed to my #1. In the meantime, think about it yourselves.
Clearly he was in a rush, but I would find it more town had he given a hasty reasoning and said "I'll explain in more depth later" rather than urging everyone else to find the reasons for it while he was gone. That part strikes me as a little scummy, but not enough to put him to the top.

It's not that part of it that bothers me though--you're allowed to refine your argument and change focus, after all--it's the part where you turned around and said "Hey guys let's capitalize on this and get him!" which is no more than what Kirb did with you earlier and which was previously your main reason for your vote.
I see your point Katy, your right that it did sound like rushing. I should have written it better, but what I was getting at is that if this was a genuine slip up we need to capitalize on it, because getting a RB would be great for the town...now I'm just not sure.

As for Pablo, perhaps I fell for his defending of me, but I'm becoming more and more suspicious of him. Even that post you quoted -- I at first thought he wasn't giving the reasoning to see what others would say.

What game did you meta him from where he was scum. I checked Pablo's newbie games and he is acting different, but he was town in all those games...I'd like to see a scum-play example.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:33 am

Post by adamrights »

UNVOTE
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 am

Post by adamrights »

Pomegranate wrote:Some opinions...

adamrights, you are my top suspect. Here's why:
adamrights wrote:
Katy wrote:
adamrights wrote:
So looking back at sraymonds's record you've been able to deduce that his "newbieness" is an act?

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Generally, contradicting oneself is considered scummy. This instance too scummy, but trying to get away with contradicting yourself doesn't make you look townie.
I was kidding around here – it is a Walt Whitman quotation from Songs to Myself…

I guess I’m the only one to blame for my bad performance, but
I’m the cop
. Hopefully there is a doctor.

Who do I think is scum? Pom I guess. I’ll place my vote on her. If there’s a doctor we can lynch the role-blocker, who will obviously RB me tonight if we don’t pick right.

My gut is leaning toward Kirby being townie now, but if the majority feels he might be the RB – I’ll switch my vote.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #39) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:17 am

Post by adamrights »

Well I made a big slip up when I threw down the word investigation of Katy-Pablo...and got lucky that no one pegged it on me.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #40) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:33 am

Post by adamrights »

If your town. Scum has to be backing my wagon to a degree. Think about it. I believe its Pom. Thoughts?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:47 am

Post by adamrights »

Maybe your right about him. Do you think we should choose exalt over pom…we have to be smart about this, because we can win if we lynch right?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:49 am

Post by adamrights »

i was thinking of investigating exalt, pablo or katy -- although i was leaning more toward exalt because i figured if pablo was town the scum might knock him off.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #43) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 am

Post by adamrights »

I want to see what Pablo has to say, he's been sitting on the board.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #44) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:07 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo no longer is on the Road to Rome forum...seems strange he would have read and not posted. Are you in any other games on this forum right now?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #45) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:09 am

Post by adamrights »

I'd like Pablo to post what he thinks...especially since he popped on this forum again and now is off it. Also, he's been logged into the forums the entire time.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:25 am

Post by adamrights »

Guys, this is going to start to get too confusing as we go in circles and I don't want to reveal yet who I'm going to investigate or our tactics. If we don't get the RB, you can assume I'll be blocked anyway tonight...so really let's decide: Pom or Exalt...I have a gut feeling against Pom still.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:33 am

Post by adamrights »

I'm much less suspicious of Kirby now, although I think if I die definitly consider him -- especially if Pom was to come back innocent. What we can bet on is that at least 1 scum is on my wagon.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:34 am

Post by adamrights »

@Katy: Are you in any other games on this forum. You sat on the forum for a bit -- reading the posts I'm assuming, yet you had nothing to say...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:44 am

Post by adamrights »

What makes Raskol an interesting pick is that he voted Kirb when coming back after the stronger case was probably against me...maybe he figured I'd be likely to be lynched day two and by taking out Kirb the scum might cause two mislynches.

I think we need to buckle down and make a choice. I'm going to stick with Pom for now; I hope this turns out right.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:50 am

Post by adamrights »

I thought I had but I didn't. So
Vote Pom
-- even though I just drank some...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #51) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:55 am

Post by adamrights »

@MM: From lynching Pom. Once the lynch occurs we can't talk and I might die over the night -- this is my advice.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:00 am

Post by adamrights »

@Kirb I wouldn't worry TOO Much about Day two yet -- lots of variables, and also we need to somewhat mask our plans -- if we're for the town we'll try the best move for the town, hopefully...
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #53) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 am

Post by adamrights »

What's your claim Pom?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #54) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:48 am

Post by adamrights »

@Exalt: You had been pretty quite and off the radar. I know I've been scummy as hell too, so it's hard to decide.

I think we should go with Pom. If there is no RB then I am dead tonight. If Pom = the RB, we're in a great position as the doc can keep me alive and I can investigate, otherwise I'll be stuck tonight and we can start scum-hunting tomorrow.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #55) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by adamrights »

My gut is leaning toward Pom. I feel as if she was playing a scum smart and if I had been a vanilla townie -- I'd have been lynched and she'd be in an okay position.

So I'm going to leave my vote for now, but I'll be open to changing if you guys decide to switch to a policy lynch.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #56) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by adamrights »

I'll be around tomorrow, but you make some interesting points on MM Raskol...
UNVOTE
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 am

Post by adamrights »

@Exalt -- You don't have to follow me even if I'm the semi-confirmed town, because my reads might be totally off. That being said, I am comfortable with what seems like a switch to MM, as a policy type lynch...though if Pom comes back as the RB in this game :evil:

I'm going to put her at L-1,
Vote MM
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 am

Post by adamrights »

Maybe you guys should stop this talk of breadcrumbs and more role spec on the Doc please.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 am

Post by adamrights »

@Everyone: I don't think it is in the town's interest for anymore discussion on the doc today. MM Is at L-1. The gloaming is upon us...perhaps it is time to hammer.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by adamrights »

Yeah i got roleblocked. Will post thoughts later.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #61) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:46 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo Molinero wrote:Huh. You suppose they tried a double RB/kill on our cop? Either way, I wanna see if he got a result or not.
This seems a bit out of character for you Pablo. Wasn't it pretty obvious that they tried a double RB/kill on me…you don’t seem like the confused kind, is this intentional?

I am actually less suspicious of Exalt because the doc is not dead.

Pom, you do not sit well with me – I think you got away with not getting lynched yesterday, and that’s why you’re coming out strong, posting.

@everyone: Who are your top two suspects?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 am

Post by adamrights »

Raskol wrote:
adamrights wrote:
Pablo Molinero wrote:Huh. You suppose they tried a double RB/kill on our cop? Either way, I wanna see if he got a result or not.
This seems a bit out of character for you Pablo. Wasn't it pretty obvious that they tried a double RB/kill on me…you don’t seem like the confused kind, is this intentional?
Why is that obvious? I honestly don't get it. Where are we all of a sudden getting the ability to know for sure what the mafia did last night?
It is obvious because I claimed cop and did not die. It was easy to deduce what occurred last night...although Pablo would not have known for sure until I confirmed I was RB'd...his post seemed a bit purposely confused to me. But, reading his latest post, he never saw a successful doc-save so that could be it.

As for Exalt...I think he knew about the doc for the same reason I did, and the doc is alive, which is why I'm less suspicious of him.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #63) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 am

Post by adamrights »

Pablo, this hypo-doc situation and recommendation reeks of scum to me. Your an experienced player too...so major
FoS

Let's think about it logically. Most likely what happened is the doc saved me while a double RB/Kill was attempted, but...let's say that didn't happen. This move then outs the doc to the scum, and at best provides the town with a confirmed townie after the doc is NK'd.

The scum knows who they targeted last night. If the real doc reveals who he saved last night and it wasn't me then this points the scum to exactly who the doc is.

Why did you suggest this idea?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #64) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 am

Post by adamrights »

@Raskol: Do you think this is a scum tell for Pablo?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #65) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by adamrights »

I agree with the plan.

The doctor should reveal himself and who he saved if it was not me.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #66) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:31 am

Post by adamrights »

ABOVE POST: ME = IDIOT, need to click log out when using brother's computer.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #67) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:37 am

Post by adamrights »

Kirbyoshi wrote:Great, now I have a choice:

Do I keep my vote on adam and suffer the consequences of his lynch toMorrow?
Or do I unvote adam and risk being lynched myself toDay?

I guess for now I'll
Unvote
, counting on someone else to get votes.

Not sure who to vote for now. Any suggestions?
This is the post where I thought Kirby was breadcrumbing btw
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #68) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by adamrights »

Raskol wrote:
Oh, and FWIW, I think it's highly likely that Kirby and Exalt are scumbuddies. They've been chainsawing for each other and feeding each other defenses all game, and generally buddying it up. Exalt was that way a bit with sraymonds, too. But that can come later, I wanna get some discussion on this first.
I agree with the Kirby as possible scum buddy. I started thinking it as I read your logic on Exalt, which was nice thinking and a good call on the Pablo save, especially now in light of his response to me thinking he was breadcrumbing.

It's really funny because I saw the repeating capitalizing MD a whole bunch, but I guess it's because I didn't know the mafia toMorrow/toDay terminology...

Well it's late; will read some more tomorrow.
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:50 am

Post by adamrights »

Well I investigated Katy again tonight, but this time she didn't role-block me 8-)

She's scum.

Vote Katy
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #70) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:05 am

Post by adamrights »

Yeah...I almost went for the investigation on Kirb but after re-reading all of Exalt's posts I was convinced it was Katy.

So Katy, why no RB on me?
adamrights
adamrights
Goon
adamrights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #71) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by adamrights »

Ah man, for a remarkably bad start with getting outed this turned out well. My scumdar on Katy was on ;p. Props to Raskol on the Pablo save and call out on Exalt, though if you check the QT it seems Katy was the first to push the kill on Pablo.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”