Newbie 814(over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Confirm.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Where's tfrench?
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

I see no point in voting in the RVS as we could kill a citizen.

(Sorry, I was away for a couple of days.)
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but RVS ends August 2nd?

Mod note: Only if Day 1 is all RVS
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

I'm not sure atma, I think August is too big of a deadline...Catching mafia requires discussing everybody's actions after one's death, and I don't think we'll be able to scumhunt effectively since it's hard to analyze behaviors without any evidence.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:41 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

I don't like the way GOTOR isn't being helpful at all. 'Being busy' isn't enough of an excuse to check the thread but still not scumhunt.

Vote GOTOR13.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Unvote
as well. I'll wait for people to be replaced before I can vote again. I've kept up with the thread though and I agree that itacv2 is acting scummy, but like I said, I'll wait. I only voted for GOTOR because he was on the borderline of patience.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Evil Sonidow »

I'm sorry about that, I've had internet problems and mafiascum wasn't loading on my firefox, so when I checked the thread it was already night and I couldn't post. I checked the thread this morning but it wasn't opened yet, now it is and I'm answering (I fear that this might not have satisfied you, though).

[quote=Meji fan]Whoa, rereading all of Evil Sonidow's posts was fast and easy . . . . theres well, 7 of them

Of which 4 were game related

Okay, I think Evil Sonidow is somewhat interesting, lurking can be suspicious and scummy, and is definitely not fun play. And voting GOTOR13 for contributing nothing is extremely hypocritical [/quote]
Well, pre-game posts really count in the game? About voting GOTOR, it was a way of trying to get his attention, since perhaps by the threat of a lynch he could show up and get more active, but I guess that wasn't the case.

[quote=Sudai]Evil: Contribute more or face scrutiny.[/quote]
The thread moved too fast and like I said before, when I checked it was night.

FoS: Manzcar.
You've been asking way too many questions since you've entered the game and so far most (if not all) haven't been helping us scumhunt much. You question other reasons, motives, votes
the whole time
. Isn't of trying to build a case yourself or perhaps considering other options, I think you use that to stray attention away from yourself.
[quote=Manzar]Sam I am looking forward to your analysis on Atma as being scum. What did you think when Itvac turned town? Seeing as he is now confirmed town, do you think any of his observations have validity to them?

Sudai, seeing that Itvac was obviously town, who do you suspect now of being scum? What do you think of Sam’s statement at the end of day one where he was sure who the scum were?

Atma, what do you make of Sam’s charge that you are scum? What do you think of legomaniac?

Lego, name your current suspects and why you suspect them?

Vaya, what do you think of the bandwagon of Itvac now that he has turned town? What do you think of Sudai and the hammer vote?

Evil Sonidow is still lurking! Why are you lurking? What do make of the lynch? [/quote]
A post like this is useless to me. In order to scumhunt, I analyze other posts and try to get the most info from them as possible, perhaps slip-ups from scum. Lurking may be a scum tactic, but I strongly believe that being too active while contributing too little is just as scummy. You're my primary suspect.

Meji's was rather neutral IMO and I think scum is targetting people out of the spotlight. We should be on the look out.

Last, sorry
again
for the absence. It won't happen again.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

So you really believe that asking questions is scummy? So do you then believe that asking no questions and not contributing is pro town? Scumhunting is getting to understand people and their motives. You are suggesting that by me asking questions to understand others reasons behind why they voted, motives behind why they say or do something, and wanting to know peoples evidence behind their votes is scummy. What is your motive in trying to make people think that this is scummy? How do I use these questions to stray attention away from myself? Stating that I am asking questions to deflect attention is WIFOM asking questions makes people take notice of you while not being around helps people forget you were even there.
I believe that asking questions the whole time is scummy, that's different. I never said questioning people's actions now and then is scummy, but it is also necessary. Ever since you joined the game though I haven't seen you build a case agaisnt anyone (except me now). How do you stray attention away from yourself? Simple: you're looking pro-town and helpful while killing the other citizens. As for voting itacv, I had already stated I wasn't fond of voting in day 1, but after people discussed I've been rethinking that.
Evil
Point one – is lurking semi actively. Has made eight total posts in the span of 26 days which is less than a post for every 3 days.
Breakdown of days between posts.
July 8
July 10 two days since last post
July 14 four days since last post
July 14 zero days since last post
July 18 four days since last post
July 23 five days since last post
July 29 six days since last post
August 4 data not applicable due to night phase

Your lurking wasn’t all of a sudden near the end of day one and the hammer vote (as you try to infer in your latest post), It has been for a month since the game started. So your internet connection problem may be valid for your time between July 29 to August 4, but it does not explain you lurking the other 3 weeks. Can you explain why you are lurking in this thread for the entire game?
Because I don't see the point of replying to every single post people do here in the game. I kept checking the thread, reading posts and making my theories, but I wasn't posting them here. I'll do that from now on.
Point 2 Hypocritical behavior
Evil said
Quote:
I don't like the way GOTOR isn't being helpful at all. 'Being busy' isn't enough of an excuse to check the thread but still not scumhunt.

Vote GOTOR13.

Huh lets see you voted GOTOR13 for checking the thread posting things but not really doing anything to scum hunt. But in day one you asked no questions to get conversation rolling, pressured no one with your accusations, and in general have done no scum hunting. Can you please point out all your great scum hunting to me? Do you believe that what you have done is any different than what GOTOR13 was doing? Do you believe you have acted in the best interests of the town?
Like said before, the vote was more of a call to the game rather than scumhunt. I don't believe that was the best interest of the town, but it wasn't agaisnt it. It was neutral.
Point 3 weak reasoning behind vote
You vote for GOTOR13 because he isn’t being helpful and then later you say you only voted for him because he was borderline of patience. Neither of these reasons are worth a vote in my opinion. Maybe a FoS and then you apply questions and pressure to find out answers, but this is weak reasoning. You state you hate RVS voting but the reasoning behind this vote borders on RVS reasoning.
You got the point. It was a random vote to get him into the game.
Point 4 wishy washy voting

Granted you only voted once during day one but even then you were wishy washy about it.

Evil said
Quote:
Unvote as well. I'll wait for people to be replaced before I can vote again. I've kept up with the thread though and I agree that itacv2 is acting scummy, but like I said, I'll wait. I only voted for GOTOR because he was on the borderline of patience.

You unvote not because your suspicions were lessened on GOTOR13, but because you want to wait for replacements to come in before you vote again. Weak reasoning.
Point 5 blatant following the crowd

Quote:
Unvote as well. I'll wait for people to be replaced before I can vote again. I've kept up with the thread though and I agree that itacv2 is acting scummy, but like I said, I'll wait. I only voted for GOTOR because he was on the borderline of patience.

You agree itacv2 is acting scummy. What were your reasons for him acting scummy? What did he do that set off your scumdar? What did he say that made you go “huh that’s suspicious I think itvac2 is now scummy”? You give no reasoning for your belief you just follow the crowd in the shadows. You thought he was scummy but you didn’t even give a FoS on him.
Many bandwagoned as well, except with reasoning. He was looking scummy, but I was refraining myself from voting because I wasn't fond of RVS.
Point 6 deflection

Your FoS on me wreaks of deflection. You say I’m scummy for asking questions and I can’t be building a case with the questions I have asked. But you haven’t built a case on anyone. Now that people are really taking notice of your lurking you are now trying to throw suspicion around at people again with no evidence. You even use WIFOM at best to support your suspicions. So how is asking a lot of questions and wanting to get answers from people getting the attention off of me?

And then you say that scum are targeting people out of the spotlight. Do you consider yourself out of the spotlight? Do you think scum are targeting you? Are you trying to get people to believe that scum are targeting you?
My FoS on you is suspicion, not deflection. I'm not denying that I'm lurking. I'm not very good at building cases. At worst, what I'm doing is horrible playing, because that's not WIFOM. And no, I don't consider myself out of the spotlight, specially now that people took notice that I wasn't posting much. I never said people would target me. Don't put words in my mouth. But you've gotta agree Meji was rather neutral to everybody.
Point 7 faulty logic
Evil said referring to my post of questions
Quote:
A post like this is useless to me. In order to scumhunt, I analyze other posts and try to get the most info from them as possible, perhaps slip-ups from scum. Lurking may be a scum tactic, but I strongly believe that being too active while contributing too little is just as scummy. You're my primary suspect.

So you believe a post of questions is useless. You believe being too active while not contributing too little is just scummy. But you need to analyze other posts and try to get the most info from them as possible. So exactly how do you get this info you speak of? How do you get scum to slip up? Ohh well I ask questions to get people to talk and to share their information.
From interpreting their text. If I think something isn't clear enough or I don't understand, I'd ask them, otherwise I don't see a reason to keep asking. I believe that everything I conclude I should write in my post as to explain everything. I'm not very good at it, but that doesn't mean I can't try.
You sir are scummy.
Vote Manzcar.
You haven't convinced me yet.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

You wouldn't believe if I told you I forgot about that (and probably if you ask about earlier posts I won't remember them either), but you'd say I'm just lying. And I'm following a hunch. I'm not taking my vote off because I still don't trust you.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Welcome back, hasdgfas.
Hmm interesting. Evil Sonidow finally makes a move, though it baffles me that he is voting for the one person I am most sure is town. I find it strange that he suddenly has so much to contribute. Almost seems as if his maf partner told him that he has to contribute more. But that could be overthinking things.
Yes, I agree that sounds strange, but to catch scum I need to be active, not lurk in the shadows.
Anyway, I have compiled a mental list that ranks you guys in order of who I find most to least scummy. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing to post though, as I hate to make it the basis for a mafia kill. Opinions?
Don't post it. Not yet, at least. We'll see as the game goes.
Manzacar: I find it odd who atma was going from very little to a lot of content, almost as if he's trying to blend in. He's first couple of post were minimal, then jumped to three paragraphs each, trying to blend in. I'll see whaht else I can find.

Then again, now that I think about it, Manzacar, you've been pushing pressure on me a lot, almost as if you want me dead. You've been creating a distraction and pressuring me to make me look scummy. All of you're posts were mainly questions, while helpful, mostly revolve around me. Why? Because I'm an easier target. If itacv were scum, it would make sense, but seeing as he was town, it confuses things. You seem to be starting a mob.
Manzcar questioning is rather strange for me as I've said in my posts, but you sound like you're bandwagoning. In fact, most of his questions were directed at me, not you. The whole attention is turned to you, so it's not specific targetting, it's everybody's.
Manzacar: I'm personally not sure, now that itacv is dead, my suspicions have gone dead. I'll keep waiting and when something scummy comes up, I'll speak my mind.
Don't you think you changed your mind too quickly? Why didn't you speak out earlier? I've been keeping my attention on Manzcar ever since he joined the game, but he seems to have caught your attention just like that, out of the blue? Weak reasoning to me, specially after I was the first to bring it up.
Basically sums up my feelings on Evil. I also have a gut feeling that he's Mafia, but that might just be a subconscious thing because his name is..well..Evil. Really though, suddenly being very active and pointing the finger at one of the most active crusaders against him gets me very suspicious.
People often that think way (about my name) :P. About pointing at manzcar, his scumhunt style has caught my attention since he joined, so he's my primary suspect (for now). At first, I didn't think much about lego and I thought he was just acting new (like me), but his FoS on Manzcar has made me raise an eyebrow.

FOS: Lego.
I'm not taking my vote out of manzcar yet.
Also, I came up with this: both lego and I are suspects now. Assuming none of us gets lynched today (nor manzcar) and at night manz gets killed, scum makes us look like part of it and then you could lynch one innocent (I don't know about lego). I'm not sure if this helps or not, just a hypothesis.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

The game is going pretty slow, activity has gone down quite a level. Nothing much to add to scumhunting as nothing new or different has happened. I maintain my FOS on Lego and Vote at Manz, although that might be changed soon.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Unvote.
I've been updated on the discussion but I haven't much to add to it. I like Vaya's case and I believe he's to be trusted. Sam's going to have a hard time defending himself.

About my 'lurking', I'm back to studies so I'll probably not be posting a lot and keeping up with everybody so fast. Just letting you know.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

I've checked the thread since the day started, but since nothing happened (plus what I've been busy with studies as I've said in my previous post) I didn't see a reason to write here. But I check everytime I can.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Like I said before, I'm busy with school but I found sometime to post now.

I was trusting Vaya as he posted his theory and cop claimed, and specially now that it was confirmed to be trusted. As such, I decided to go with what he had previously said (and Manzcar says) of
Voting Sam.
It's strange that he thinks there's a 'valid case' against him. No citizen should think there are valid cases agaisnt them.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Well, while I do think some of sam's answers are scummy, I'm still not confident he is mafia. Evil Sonidow seems scummy because of his following Manzcar and Vaya without adding any content or reasons of his own.

Since we do have a mislynch, I'm trying to decide if I should hammer sam or try to lead a case against someone else. I think Evil Sonidow, sam, and Sudai all are scummy in some way, just I'm trying to figure out which would be mafia, or which is most scummy, etc.

We don't need to rush a hammer yet anyway right?
No need to rush hammer, we still have a lot to discuss. I don't think I'm looking scummy, I believe that's more like bad gaming (since I am a bad player, being my first game {and comparing my posts to others}).
No we have plenty of time. Evil what do you think of the allocations against you?
Like I said before, it's bad gaming on my part, and my efforts to prove it have been useless. I'd rather not mislynch today, so feel free to question my actions as I want to prove to you I'm town and help us find the right person.
You're a good idea for a lynch tomorrow, if I'm lynched.
I know that, hopefully will be changed.

Something got me thinking lately, and that was Lego 'last words':
Well, the cats out of the bag. I'm a plain old Goon. Nothing more, nothing less. I would provide more information, but I feel like having a bit of suspense in a game. An actor would know that the game isn't over till' the last mafia hangs. That's all I have to say. At least my scumbuddy learned something. :lol:
Hang me if you want, there's still one left!!! :lol:
And you'll never get him!!! :lol:
Whoever is the other goon, it's playing really well and it's off the scumradar. I'm starting to consider that's not Sam, but rather atma/Sudai, leaning to atma (I've rechecked Sudai posts but since he's been away due to his grandfather {which btw I hope he's better} there's not much stuff to check).
So, atma, I ask you this: can you detail why Sudai is your in your suspect list? (I don't think there's much explaining why he thinks Sam/me look scummy).
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Vote atma.
His sudden suspicion on Manzcar bothers me since, although I disagree with the way he applies his method, he has clearly been looking pro-town the whole time. Besides, your behavior is looking too strange for me.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Though I have been having a hard time trying to find anything scummy about Manzcar, and no one seems to suspect him at all, which bothers me a tiny bit
I read that as a suspicion, otherwise there's no reason to be bothered with.
You'll be doing a mistake lynching me (this is not a threat, if anyone may think that), but you'll be wasting a day. I'm keeping my vote on atma, as I believe he's scum. More like gut feeling than anything, but still.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Evil Sonidow »

1. I found his vote on you in the previous day to be scummy. Not his FOS, but his counter vote which he placed after you voted him. He failed to provide adequate reasons for his vote besides that he thought your questioning was scummy (something I disagree with)
I found it excessive questioning. Manzcar has been laying out precise and concise questions now, and this has made me change my mind.
2. His failure to provide an adequate reason for his vote on sam. Reading his post, he claimed that sam's saying that he had a valid claim against him was scummy (something else I disagree with). Also, he provided no other reason for his vote except "Vaya said so."
Can you explain this to me, because I'm not quite sure if I understand what you think I meant. What I said was that no townie should agree that people have valid cases agaisnt him/her, as in "That is a good case agaisnt me."
3. When his playing was called into question, he passed his scumminess off as due to bad playing. This just doesn't sit well with me and seems like a cop out answer.
I cannot change what you believe in regards to that, so I don't have a response for this.
4. Lastly and most recently, his sudden change of vote on me for two reasons, one of which was something I never actually said or insinuated, and the other of which is "his gut".
It seemed like to me that you had insinuated. I trust my gut enough to vote based on it solely (for now).
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Well, I still hope you catch the last mafia next day. Farewell.
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Evil Sonidow »

You did a great game atma, you really did. Grats. It was a good game, all.

P.S.: But I was right about you!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”