Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Claramata »

/confirm

Hello ^_^
"Actual reality. Act up. [b]Fight AIDS!!![/b]" -- Rent

[b]The AniX Theory:[/b] "Well, Gabe, lets end world hunger...WAIT A SECOND, ARE THOSE TWO DUDES GETTING MARRIED? FUCK WORLD HUNGER, WE GOT TO STOP THIS FAG MARRIAGE! TO THE GODMOBILE!"
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Claramata »

vote: Cartza
Lets get this all started everyone.

[b]The AniX Theory:[/b] "Well, Gabe, lets end world hunger...WAIT A SECOND, ARE THOSE TWO DUDES GETTING MARRIED? FUCK WORLD HUNGER, WE GOT TO STOP THIS FAG MARRIAGE! TO THE GODMOBILE!"
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Claramata »

jammer wrote:@Claramata
Happy birthday, what do you think about the 3 week decline. Do you think it is a (to)long time to lynch someone or think it is normal?
Thank you for the birthday wishes, I was about to mention that so that no one thought I was lurking or something.

I see that you're used to chat mafia, and I've played on epicmafia a bit too. I tend to prefer the longer deadlines from forum-based mafia, this way we have more time to gather information all players involved. The more time people have to talk, the more likely it is that scum will slip up and do something suspicious.

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Claramata »

jammer wrote: Do you think forum-mafia makes some people overthinking the mafia-game. Did it ever happened to you that there is an easy conclusion(that is right), but with a load of posts you draw other conclusions(that are wrong).

As this is my first mafia game in over three years, I'm probably not the best person to ask this question of, but sometimes large number of posts can point to someone trying to use false logic as a misdirection, again, those things can be good and bad, depending on weither people pick up on the misdirection tactics or not, but I'm solidly of the opinion that any opportunity for the town to talk is an opportunity to gather information that is vitally needed.

In other news: I'm a little confused as to Einlanzers' behavior. First he votes NL, which I don't understand how a NL can help at this stage, as it means that we are missing the information that a lynch provides us, such as who voted when and under what conditions, ect. His reasoning for voting Jammer also seems suspicious to me, seeming a little sarcastic over Jammer's supposed "experience" with other sites and mafia. Jammer's vote on Einlanzers seemed to me like an attempt to push him into an explination of his NL vote, something that seems to me like a completely viable play.

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Claramata »

VP Baltar wrote:Do you think Einlanzer deserves a serious vote from you Clara? Why or why not?
Right now he seems like a likely candidate, mostly because he seemed to get overly defensive for only one vote on him. The NL vote was odd, but not outright scummy behavior, his sarcasm and defensiveness towards Jammer after the question was poised seems off to me.

unvote
Vote: Einlanzers

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Claramata »

Sorry for sounding like a Newb, Porkens, but what's a chainsaw-defense vote and why does Johnny's vote seem like one to you?

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Claramata »

A no lynch vote hinders the town because our most powerful weapon is our vote, a NL loses us an opportunity to find scum and gives them the advantage of a night kill before we've even attempted to push them out.

Admittedly I'm not a numbers person, so I don't know if the odds Ein is reporting are correct, but I've always been under the impression that early-game NLs tend to hurt us.

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Claramata »

Porkens wrote:
lazers wrote: Either way he doesn't appear to be an asset to the townies. And seeing as I'll probably be lynched anyways I may aswell go down trying to help the town out.
Does anyone else see this as an appeal to emotion?
I see it, and I don't like it. I don't find appeals to emotion to be particularly town-friendly, and it's trying to deflect from logic. I'm keeping my vote where it is for now.

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Claramata »

VP Baltar wrote: Clara, why have you focused solely on ein and not brought any original ideas to the table even though you have experience scumhunting and would know how to do this?
I'm sorry if my newbish behavior has come across as scummy to you, but if you actually look you'll see that this is my first game in over three years on here. I'm rusty man.

And I'm focused on Ein because right now he seems like suspicious to me. The NL vote, the OMGUS vote on Jammer, and the appeal to emotion after a wagon had started all come to mind when I'm thinking of scummy behavior to back up my opinion on Ein.

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Claramata »

Einlanzers wrote: @Carla:
Do you feel that the suspicion about you is fair? If not what is your justification. Do you maintain your vote for me because you are still suspicious of me or because you want to "keep the heat on"?
Point of clarification: My screenname is CLARAmata not CARLAmata, people keep making this mistake (and I'm assuming it's because someone with a screenname very similar to mine was here before). It was a little confusing for me when people started calling me Carla. So just pointing that out so that I don't get confused while reading through. I'm easily confused.

I think the suspicion on me is completely fair, as I sunk into lurkerdom when my friend was let out of the hospital and I did completely contradict myself. I'd actually be kind of worried if people DIDN'T point out my dumb behavior, because I'm smacking myself for it.

And Ein, I'm am not nearly as suspicious as I was before, your recent posts have been a lot more thought out (more so than my own, that's for sure), but I'm still suspicious of you on principle, I don't know who you are. Right now though, you're much further down on my list.

unvote

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by Claramata »

Hurleys_Van wrote:
Post 19 VP-->Porken
Post 20 Clara-->Cartza
Post 22 Ein--> No Lynch
Post 24 jam--> Vote Einlanzers
Post 28 Lup--> Jammer
Post 33 Ein--> Jam
Post 39 Pork-->Lupo
Post 41 Santos-->Lupo
Post 54 Clara--> Unvote Cartza Vote Ein
Post 59 Pork --> Unvote Lupo, Vote Ein
Post 71 Ein --> Unvote Jam, Vote Johnny
Post 95 Santos--> Unvote Lupo Vote Ein
Post 148 Pork--> Unvote Ein Vote Santos
Post 159 jam---> Unvote Ein Vote Lupo
Post 178 head--> Vote Santos
This is very helpful sir! It's good to see all the votes to that point laid out like that. I didn't realize that Lupo immediately jumped in with a Jammer vote right after Ein voted, and if I remember correctly there wasn't much content behind that post. But then again, we were also still kind of in the Random Voting stage so I don't know what to make of it.

Santos is kind of fishy for his push on Ein to claim. What if he's a power role? And in a setup like this, where there might not even be power roles (I believe one of the setups in this semi-open game is completely vanillia), everyone but scum could just be townie, and that would make claiming useless. At this stage, in this game, it's probably better to rely on looking at what people say and how they vote than actually getting a claim.

Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Claramata »

Hurleys_Van wrote:@ Jammer...

Firstly, you seem quite certain the Clara is scum, seeing as every possible scum-pair you've proposed to me she is a member of.
Hurleys_Van, you took the words right out of my mouth. I would also like to see the answer to this question, Jammer.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”