Newbie 792--Mafia Island ~ Mafia win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:29 am

Post by tracker »

/confirm
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by tracker »

no sorry not scum this game
thesp wrote:tracker, how much have you played mafia in real life? What's one of your real life tells?
never played mafia in real life before,

i don't have any "tells", this is my third game ever,

the first one i was mafia and bsed my way through, the second i was a townie replacing in and was lynched D1, my predesscor didn't have much going for him and i still don't know how to play as town.

and i'd like to ask you the same question, while pondering why you would ask me what i find to be a "tell"
agar wrote:
No I mean actual clues pointing towards mafia. The game starts off with a couple people (depending on Mafia KP) dying, who were not players but drawn in to relate to the game. Every time mafia makes a hit, a clue is left behind in a "day post" pointing to one mafia responsible for the kill. Totally different game mechanics.

That said, I will be abstaining from the random voting, not enough evidence yet.
1) confusing please clarify

2)why would you need evidence to random vote?

i find this random questioning thing interesting and i think i'll give it a shot

agar wouldn't vampires be classified as scum?

boxman, will you forgive me for that last game?

Indigo, same as box?

Papa, what's your avatar from?

Mitey mouse, do you work at chuckey cheese's?

Darkstrike, are you playing connect the dots, without dots?

Wickedestjr, i'm abrevaiting your name from now on, it's to long, what do you have any preferences?

mod, i'm vacationing to seattle leaving this sunday, June 6th coming back the 13th or 14th, i'm going to have limited internet access, i'd prefer it if you could replace me, until you do or if you can't find a replacement, i can try and get on but i'm not sure how much luck i'm going to have with that
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 am

Post by tracker »

Dark

FOS: darkstrike

dark wrote:What I'm trying to say is that patience is a virtue, and we shouldn't be quick to do something stupid or mislynch just to move the game along. Unless you want to?
answer papa's question, this seems scummy to me

Papa

papa wrote:We could all massclaim instead? lulz I'm open to whatever gets this game moving.
how would this help the game at all?
papa wrote:I've never been involved in a massclaim before,

though I've read a couple games where that's happened.

I've never seen it in a Newbie game. I wonder what would happen.
1)and what where the results? let me guess, all power roles lynched in the first few nights?

2)what do you think would happen?
Papa Zito wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:
Papa Zito wrote: In your opinion, which is more valuable:
- A player defending against an attack directly against him/her; or
- A player defending another player.
I think that they both have value. A player defending themselves...that is a big part of the game and if someone didn't defend themselves, well then, they're not really playing are they?
A player defending someone else...well, this could be considered buddying (or cuddling as I like to call it) or it could be pointing out something that the accuser did not see.

Both get the players talking and that is always a good thing!
First, arguing with Mitey sucks. :(
why?

Wicked

Wickedestjr wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote: @tracker - You say you've only played mafia twice. Not that I think this will happen, but if we were to decide to lynch you because nobody seemed scummy and we knew you were inexperienced, what would you say in reply?
This question really bothers me! Why would we look at lynching someone based on experience in a
game? That would be perhaps, the least Pro Town thing we could possibly do.
Ahem --> "Not that I think this will happen."

It is just a question. I wanted to see what his answer was. I'm making observations.
i'd be upset,
wicked wrote:What do you mean when you say you still don't know how to play as town?
i mean that i don't know how to play as town, literally, and i have respect for people who do.

thesp

thesp wrote:I am enjoying Darkstrike_11's presence in the game. Wickedstjr and Boxman, please don't nightkill him, it would make me sad.
how do you figure wicked as scum?

other random comemts, obersvations, and questions,

i think that the pace is going along nicely

what's WIFOM? is like a paradox?

Mitey, i'm sorry if you took offense at that question, but i was running out of things to ask so i made that up

i don't think it's who defends it's the content of the defense

simply because the spider doesn't spend most of it's life couped up in a small box, mistakenlly called an office

i don't like the word "fighting", how about debate?

all this you know, but he knew you knew, and you knew that he knew that you knew, is getting on my nerves, i don't see any point in it.

i think everyone should post what they want to get out of this game,

i think everyone should post what they hope to get out of this game. i'll go first

all i want to do here is gain experience, and learn how to better my game, and maybe figure out some "tells"
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by tracker »

ya that post was a bit big, but i was writing as i was reading and just copied and pasted when i finished,

i just re-read my post and i can't find papa's question aimed at darkstrike, i thought there was one but i don't see it. so i'm
EBWOP

I wrote:
Dark
FOS: darkstrike

dark wrote:
What I'm trying to say is that patience is a virtue, and we shouldn't be quick to do something stupid or mislynch just to move the game along. Unless you want to?

answer papa's question, this seems scummy to me

confusing please clarify, it seems contradictory to the upmost, isn't it? especially that last sentence...
:oops: i also just seen dark's defense of this but i'm still not completely satisfied, i've got to go, good night, i'll analyze this more tommorow.

mod, i'm vacationing to seattle leaving this sunday, June 6th coming back the 13th or 14th, i'm going to have limited internet access, you can replace me if you want to, but i just discovered that i'll have more access than previously thought, so you don't have to if you don't want to
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:22 am

Post by tracker »

papa wrote:
tracker wrote:
thesp wrote:
I am enjoying Darkstrike_11's presence in the game. Wickedstjr and Boxman, please don't nightkill him, it would make me sad.

how do you figure wicked as scum?

Why only interest in Wickedestjr?
oh wow, i skipped right over that, thesp, why/how do you figure those two to be scum?

@expeirenced players: in the last game i played every suspicion and vote had to be fully justified, and if it wasn't or not properly you were accused of scum all over, how valid is this?
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:31 am

Post by tracker »

hey, finally got a chance to hop on, skimmed the thread quickly, i'm having less access than orginally hoped. :(

wicked, thesp is one of my neutraller reads.

boxman, no i'm not scum in this game.

i should (hopefully) to be able to do a careful analysis tonight sometime. right now

i'm putting dark on the back burner for the moment,

boxman, what's your responce to this rising suspicion of you?

we need more people to post more, this game is really slow, i was expecting to have to read quite a bit more than i did.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 am

Post by tracker »

QTF? what does that mean?

wicked, i'm naturally suspicious of people who try and find out who others view as scum.

in my last scum game me and my partner used this suspicion thing to our advantage very much. so, unless you can provide me with a good case on why i should hand you my list of suspicions in numerical order, i don't think i will

i have some time now, going to try and do an anaylsis, we're getting back early, probably late saturday, don't think i'm going to get on tommorow
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:48 am

Post by tracker »

ok, that analysis

i have a couple of people who i'm waiting for responces before i post an analysis

indigo - lurking, waiting for a responce

boxman - waiting for him to answer my question

thesp - unsure about him, he has some wierd idea's and i'd like him to answer all question put before him, he's our ic and i don't really have a read on him

Mity - townish read on him, nothing really incrimidating

Agar - unsure, leaning town, some people find him scummy, i haven't found any "tells"

wicked - scummy-neutral, i'm waiting for a couple of things before i post any more

papa - neutral, i was leaning town, but i'm not quite sure anymore

dark, scummy, i'm out of time i'll finsish this when i get back

one quick question,

i find question dodging to be scummy, what's everyone else's opinions on that?
'
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by tracker »

ok, i'm back, give me a moment to read over the thread before i post to much. is there anything anyone wants me to comment on in particular or any questions that need answering? not sure where i left off reading and i wouldn't want to miss anything important ;).
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by tracker »

sorry mitey for mistaking your gender,

list vs nolist

in order to contribute to the town i think we need to let people know(to a point) where our suspicions lie, but if we reveal to much then the scum could take that and run with it and try to use it to get a townie lynched, so i'm trying to balance it out.

dark, i like your PBPA,

stoofer's first law?
Indigo Heron wrote:Papa Zito, do you intend to counter-claim me?
@indigo - i'm agreeing with papa here, why did you add that last part of that sentence in there?

papa - though i agree with you to an extent about agar's scummyness isn't asking people to back you up on it also suspicious?

mod could we get an updated vote count please?

also mod in you last vote count i do believe that you spelled papa zito's name wrong, ;)
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by tracker »

good night everyone
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:45 am

Post by tracker »

Khelvaster wrote:
And the fifth votecount:

tracker(1): Indigo Heron

Wickedestjr(1): Mitey Mouse

Agar(1): Papa Zito

Popo
Zito(1): Wickedstjr

Indigo Heron (1): Darkstrike

tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:42 am

Post by tracker »

Wiki wrote:It consists of four variations, chosen at random (the name comes from the binary expression of these four options, similar to C9):
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
thanks papa for putting this right here and at hand ;)

agar, as for point two the scum wouldn't know which situation was correct in 2a or 2b, and 2c or 2d essentially a scum here would have just took a 50-50 chance to try and avert suspicion, what would a scum have to lose in this position? if there is a cop the cop counterclaims and the scum take a power role with them. if there isn't a cop then the scum is now believed to be the cop and can accuse townies safely while (possibly) wasting a doc's protection.

i find myself agreeing with agar on this and no matter what the situation shouldn't indigo be lynched? it essentially breaks down to what agar said

A) he's the cop but isn't contrubiting to the game and just got himself neutralized

B) he's scum who (appears to have) succesfully fakeclaimed cop,

C)he's vanilla town and this would be under LAL rule right?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... _All_Liars

hmm i went and looked up WIFOM and followed a couple of links and stumbled across this

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ding_Mafia
wiki wrote:
Day 1 Mafia errors

If a mafia is about to be lynched, they often use Wine In Front Of Me. Don't, it's too easy to screw it up and it's even more likely that you already screwed it up.
Indigo would you care to change your defense?
Papa Zito wrote:
Indigo Heron wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:
Indigo Heron wrote:Papa Zito, do you intend to counter-claim me?
Hmm. This question is puzzling.
You imply that I am lying. Normally, a contested hard claim is followed by a counter-claim in the event that the hard claim is in doubt (in my experience, any claim that isn't immediately contested, especially in Newbie games, results in you being lynched, apparently, the pro-town roles can't lay low a little longer and be incognito until it is necessary).
I'm puzzled by your question, and that it was directed at me. To me your question implies that you think I'm the real cop and you want me to counter to verify this. I can't think of another reason why you'd ask it, and I can't think of a town reason for it either. I wanted to think on it more before I brought it up in the thread tho.
indigo, you mean this? this really doesn't clear anything up and the question still stands, why did you add that last part in there?

vote: Indigo Heron
what does this put him at?

if you were a new player i'd write off anti-town behavior as that but as an SE i think that you'd know enough to keep your play from being anti-town, therefore your most likely a scum trying to buy off on a power role.
papa wrote:BTW if I'm one of your top suspects, why not post a case on me and see what the rest of the town thinks?
papa, could you present your case on agar please?
EBWOP wrote:list vs
nolist
summaries

in order to contribute to the town i think we need to let people know(to a point) where our suspicions lie,
through summaries
but if we reveal to much then the scum could take that and run with it and try to use it to get a townie lynched,
just don't make an ordered list
so i'm
trying to balance it out
going to use summaries of my opinions on other people
Darkstrike_11 wrote:tracker stop trying to distract us, nobody cares about that running gag. Apart from Pope Zit of course :p
What? running gag? i just added that in for the mod, then indigo asked me to show it to him so i did, how is this distracting from the game?

@dark, we can't be certain that indigo is the cop, i do believe that it is more likely that indigo is scum and we don't have a cop, (BTW if there is a cop, they should come out, that would prove Indigo as scum and by all reasoning isn't any town role a good trade for a scum in this set-up?)

kosher?

where's thesp at?
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:32 am

Post by tracker »

dark, what i meant he hasn't so far, and it was him that admitted to being anti-town, was it not?

ok thanks papa, as for your case on agar i agree with you there, lynching people who don't contribute is a good way to make everyone contribute more.

i'm waiting for some responces from the more expeirenced players before i move my vote around
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 am

Post by tracker »

sorry i wasn't able to get on yesterday, and i'm also going to have limited access again thursday-sunday, hopefully after that i can get on more

first i'd like to
unvote
, the proskeeping IH alive outweigh the cons, and i admit that some people helped tip the scales.

as for the scum's of this game, i do find myself agreeing that agar is not contributing much to the game (and the anaylsis to IH, was accurate but doesn't contribute as much as i thought orginally) but to give him the "benifit of the doubt", but before making a final decision on him, i think we should give him another chance,

@agar, please start contributing if your town

box, papa your table gave me new insight but again i'm waiting for new/more content before casting a vote

@box, contribute!

Wicked, undecided

@Thesp, why do you want to see Mitey lynched?

hmmm... i just thought of something, this game is starting to split itself into some groups, suspected scum and accusers

under the suspected theirs

Wicked, Mitey, Agar, and Box

under the accusers are

Papa, Dark, Indigo, and Thesp

what to do with this i'm not sure yet
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by tracker »

mitey i was going to leave you out but when i saw this,
thesp wrote:I'm disinclined to think MiteyMouse is town, also - I would be happy to see her lynched.
thesp wants you lynched so i concluded that he suspected you to be scum so i included you in.
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by tracker »

wicked wrote:Unvote: Boxman

Sorry, I was unaware of the vote count. Please don't claim boxman.

@Papa Zito - Wth? Why would you want a second player to say their role? Personally I would rather finish this day without letting mafia know all the power roles.
wicked wrote:I am sorry, but I forgot that we were not positive about whether there was a doctor or not, but either way, I think two claims is too much to digest so early in the game.
vote:Wickedestjr

@wicked, why don't you want boxman at L-1? Why are 2 claims to much to digest? and why don't you want him to claim?
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:38 am

Post by tracker »

wicked answer my three question please

@papa, why will a box lynch tell us more than a wicked lynch?

i think i should be able to get back on tonight and tommorow morning, probably not until sunday after that
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by tracker »

Please i'll give you anything! anything! please just don't NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!I'mtoyoungandstillhavemywholelifeaheadoAUGHHHH Blup, Blup, Blup

why'd they have to go and kill me for?

town i commision you all to find and lynch my killer or i'll come back and haunt the lot of you, ;)

no offense, for the better candiate thing i wouldn't have killed me either if i was scum. :)
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by tracker »

dang.. i wish you hadn't nked me D1 agar, though i haven't been following this thread to closely but it looked like a lot of fun. your plan seems pretty decent
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by tracker »

oh mitey i'll all the cookies you brought if nobody else wants them :)
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by tracker »

i''ll have all the cookies i really need to spell/grammar check my posts b4 submitting them
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:09 am

Post by tracker »

i agree thanks Khelvaster and thanks mitey for the compliment, I was wondering one other thing. would it be possible to replay this game? i mean with the roles randomly re-assigned but the same players and same format? what's everyone's thoughts on that?
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by tracker »

i do believe a mod could just do whatever it is they do to randomly pick the roles and game type. It would be interesting to see how everyone played in a second go round.

i also have a question on game tatics, if i were to say that i would be on from Xo'clock to Yo'clock in game what would one think of that? i.g. scummy, townish, noobish, or some cryptographic message to scum partner or fellow town masons, or what?
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by tracker »

no, but i'm currently not in any game at the moment :(; i was thinking about how fast a game could go along if everyone was on together for an hour or so a day.
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by tracker »

ok, i was also thinkin along the lines of school and sports that are coming up soon and my time is going to be limited.

i think i might ask khelv if he would be so kind as to mod another game like this if everyone else is willing
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by tracker »

maybe, but it would be interesting to try
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by tracker »

darkstrike i don't quite understand what you mean, can you clarify it for me please?
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by tracker »

Indigo, i was lookin around on the sight and stumbled across a mini-theme chess mafia game, that looks incredibly interesting,(if you EVER need a replacement in that game let me know) though i don't know which faction you're on i do believe the town has the the game in the bag in under 10 moves. and i currently can't see any way around it.
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by tracker »

:)
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by tracker »

do believe roles are out let's role
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”