Newbie 792--Mafia Island ~ Mafia win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri May 29, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

/confirm
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Moderator, why is the confirmation process taking so long?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:20 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

To answer Thesp's question, no, I'm not scum. Also, to fly in the face of Thesp's opinion,

vote: Tracker
because he voted me out on LYLO the last time I played with him, hence giving scum the victory.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I'm on V/LA for 30 hours. I'm headed for the hills on vacation.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

tracker wrote:Indigo, same as box?
Wait...you thought I took offence? It was a valid strategy, and I applaud that, but I curse the rashness of the townie who voted along with the two of you...
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

For this game, I'm experimenting with a new style; unless there is something coming up, or if the circumstances force me to do so, I will only attempt to answer every question that is directed at me.

Currently, this post has me a little irked:
Papa Zito wrote:Anyway, I'm trying to convey that I'm unhappy with our current pace, and open to whatever will get us to a faster clip.
It's just a hunch, but it could be scum wishing the town be over-enthusiastic and mis-lynch someone.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

@darkstrike_11: I replaced a player in the last game. We were at LYLO, and I was chosen to be the target of tracker's fake-claim. Over-enthusiastic townies led to a very quick scum victory.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

It does seem scummy, but I think that Papa Zito should have his chance to defend himself before I decide.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Well...that sucks. Hitting 'refresh' every few hours on the same link simply does not work. You guys may have noticed that I was perpetually on-line for hours on end for a few days. I thought that the game had stalled and was waiting for a response.

And if you don't trust me....tough. If you want to go ahead, so be it. I honestly don't mind being a sacrificial lamb for the influential Day 1.
Indigo Heron - Who are you most suspicious of? Why?
Everyone (obviously). I feel thesp is scummy because he is trying to appear as town-ish as possible. That, coupled with a general bad experience of ICs in Newbie games, is leading me to suspect him. I suspect DarkStrike as well simply because of the way he structured the PBPA. It feels as if he's buttering up Thesp to be town-ish, or at least trying to befriend Thesp so that he has an ally in this game.

@tracker: Dodging questions...is a grey area. It could be scum of course, but it could also be pro-town roles attempting to go undercover, or it could be townies attempting to stay in the game.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:31 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Nothing, really. He's not leaning towards either inclination to me. Not enough postings to go around, but if I didn't know any better, he's playing to avoid being lynched. It really seems that this is his first game, or he's using his juniority to play the newbie card.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

@Wickedestjr: I have been pointing out all of the scummy things that I have been doing?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Wickedestjr wrote:Yes, you admitted that you were lurking and you admitted that you didn't care about us lynching you. This seems like scum behavior if anything.
I admitted I didn't care about you people lynching me. I did not admit that I was lurking. Re-check the post and see what it is I'm actually saying.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Now your vote is looking more and more OMGUS.
Your post may not say completely that you are going to lurk, but that is what it means.
I have given you my excuse, and that is the truth. I'm sorry if you don't believe it.
If you haven't been contributing much, yet you post right after I vote for you, that means you are lurking.
Utter crap logic. This could mean because I'm lucky, or had an innate sense of when posts are coming in, or it could mean that I check the forum regularly, but now I've learnt my lesson and actually closed the tab and re-clicked the link on the Favourites menu and viewed the latest post.

In fact, now that you've voted for me, you seem enthusiastic to get rid of me, picking up on hypotheticals to add to whatever case that I add up to be a case that I wouldn't be impressed with if I weren't me.

unvote
because I seem to haven't done it already,
FoS: Wickedestjr.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

*raises eyebrow*

And how is that scum-ish? You're basing this on the hypothetical that I was inactive until yesterday.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:21 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

It isn't meant to be town. It's meant to be anti-town, which is by no means scummy, although I suspect I haven't been doing a good job being anti-town-ish.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Well...I was hoping that I could stay incognito a little longer...but hey, at least scum now know that at least 50% of the set-ups are valid.

Before I claim, I'd like people to know that does hiding in plain sight mean anything to you guys? I've left some breadcrumbs lying around, and I was trying an appealing play-style that involved WIFOM that backfired, but I remain optimistic of its potential in the game of Mafia.

I also invoke Stoofer's 1st Law in the event that I am lynched, since two people that I highly suspect are now on the list of people calling me to be lynched. Enough said.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I claim to be the cop. There you go. Doctor, protect me (if there is a doctor).
'
Papa Zito, do you intend to counter-claim me?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Papa Zito wrote:
Indigo Heron wrote:Papa Zito, do you intend to counter-claim me?
Hmm. This question is puzzling.
You imply that I am lying. Normally, a contested hard claim is followed by a counter-claim in the event that the hard claim is in doubt (in my experience, any claim that isn't immediately contested, especially in Newbie games, results in you being lynched, apparently, the pro-town roles can't lay low a little longer and be incognito until it is necessary).

Also, what I wrote earlier was pure coincidence. To be honest, I did not even read MiteyMouse's post properly when I posted my soft claim (was only focused on posts concerning me). You'll see it's true when I wrote this earlier post:
Indigo Heron wrote:It does seem scummy, but I think that Papa Zito should have his chance to defend himself before I decide.
To which Papa Zito referred me to an even earlier post.

Also, this puzzles me after re-reading what has happened.
Papa Zito wrote:1. Scum already know which two setups are valid, by either being two goons or a goon and a roleblocker. So fail on that point.
You know...the moderator has never specified what the format was (whether it was C9, or some other kind). All he just said was the roles (Roleblocker, Goon, Cop, Doctor and Townie). How would you know the scum set-up? Same goes for you, Darkstrike.

@Darkstrike: I won't share my suspicions yet, because I want to be sure before I accuse anyone of anything.

Also, Mitey, what is your opinion of my anti-town behaviour?

Lastly, it would be good if Thesp could give us some input on what's happened as the IC.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Crap, I didn't see your post, Papa Zito.

I had acted anti-town because I knew that it would get some discussion going about me. I'd take the heat, and we have some content to get going into the day. Also, it was hoped that my anti-town behaviour would lead to scum thinking that they could lynch me instead of having to waste a night kill. Clearly, the approach needs tweaking.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Boxman, trying to point fingers when you have something like this hanging over your head implies that you're trying to avert any kind of responsibility over this.

FoS: Boxman

@tracker: I'm going to assume you have not read all my posts properly.

@tracker (again on another entirely unrelated issue): Papa Zito's name was misspelt? Really? Can I see it?

@Papa Zito: I still think that Stoofer's First Law is still applicable to an F11 game, but the probability of the law being fulfilled is slightly lower, since there are more members.

You forgot the hypothetical presence of a doctor in this game as well. He/she would know the set-up of the game by now as well, if he/she was in the game.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Eh...I confused you for AGar. Sorry there.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:11 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I can summarise your entire post in one word (or 5, if you want to be technical): WIFOM. Your post seems important, but it really isn't. It feels as if you're out to get townie points by posting this 'long' message.

FoS: AGar
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

@Wickedestjr:
Wickedestjr wrote:I actually thought AGar's analysis was a good one. It showed that, even if Indigo Heron is a cop, he is completely useless. He is basically a townie. If there is not a roleblocker, then IH will get to inspect, but there will not be a doctor, so he will die. If there is a roleblocker, then he doesn't get an inspection, but there will be a doc, so he survives. Each results in no information what so ever. I don't think that the doctor should save you if there is one. So IH could be lying or telling the truth about being the cop. If he is telling the truth, then he is basically a townie. If he is lying then he is mafia. So he is either no use to us, or mafia. Let us also keep in mind that he doesn't post a lot.
You just repeated the gist of AGar's post. Name something in this passage that is your idea. I also detect a hint of a Freudian slip (I think, but I need to confirm).

I also feel that Wickedestjr's attempts to get me lynched just strengthen my convictions that he's one of the scum pair. I'm shaky during the day, so why waste a night kill when you can lynch me in the day?

@Mod: During the night, what happens if the doctor successfully saves someone? Is the town told of who was targeted during the night
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

wiki wrote:
Day 1 Mafia errors

If a mafia is about to be lynched, they often use Wine In Front Of Me. Don't, it's too easy to screw it up and it's even more likely that you already screwed it up.

Indigo would you care to change your defense?
Your analysis of the Indigo-is-scum scenario is correct. Claiming cop is the correct play for scum in Indigo's position.

Keep in mind that the stuff in the wiki is just a guide, and shouldn't always be followed. Though I'm a proponent of LAL.
QFT. The theory is there to help you, but it shouldn't define the way you play the game. I can't think of a better quote for this then the Chinese saying "Learn the Way, then find your own Way."

Before, playing anti-Town appeals to me. It's unorthodox, and uproots the dearly held tradition of same old stale 'follow-the-leader'-esque games. I've also seen some examples of exemplary anti-Town play for the first few days to avoid scum's attention somewhere around the forum (and even led people to believe that they are so anti-Town, they couldn't possibly be scummy - so it all comes back to WIFOM), but I've forgotten exactly where.

Note: What I said above applies to both quotes.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Wickedestjr wrote:I never said I wanted to lynch Indigo Heron. If I did, wouldn't I be voting him. I was just explaining how I thought IH's cop role would not help us at all, and that if Indigo Heron starts acting really suspiciously then we should give him a few votes, because we wouldn't have much to lose. But I am all for keeping him in the game another day at least.
The problem with the above post is that you did intend to lynch me. You voted for me to make a dusk appointment with the gallows, remember?

Also, are you trying to seem casual about lynching me?

Thank you for your support, but I don't see myself lasting beyond Night 1.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

tracker, being anti-town doesn't necessarily mean that you're scum, even for Newbie games.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Khelvaster, I unvoted from tracker a long time ago.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Honestly, your post seems desperate.

He's lurking a lot, and I don't see any reason to go voting for anyone else.

Why don't you see any reason to go voting for someone else?

FoS: Boxman
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I wrote:The problem with the above post is that you did intend to lynch me. You voted for me to make a dusk appointment with the gallows, remember?
You voted for me to get lynched earlier, remember?
I wrote:I was just explaining how I thought IH's cop role would not help us at all, and that if Indigo Heron starts acting really suspiciously then we should give him a few votes, because we wouldn't have much to lose. But I am all for keeping him in the game another day at least.
You want to lynch me anyway if I act suspiciously, and you're all for keeping me for another day? Just what exactly do you anticipate happening on Day 2? I detect a hint of in-game coaching here.

You've also turned being disengaged into a Zen-like thing when it concerns AGar. You honestly don't have an opinion about AGar?

vote: Wickedestjr
unless he can satisfyingly explain.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP: I misquoted the second quote. I didn't write that. It was supposed to be quoted from Wickedestjr.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Boxman wrote:Because no one else is really suspicious to me.

You were the only other suspicious person in my eyes, and you turned out to be the cop.

Papa Zito, darkstrike_11, and Thesp have all been useful in some way today.

Wickedest_jr, tracker, and Mitey Mouse haven't done anything to raise my suspicions.
What your wrote here just seems to confirm Darkstrike's case in post #203 that you are a serial bandwagon-eer.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Awesome post, and much better structured than Dark's.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Darkstrike wrote:Indigo, as the cop you work with evidence. Who is the scummiest in your books?
Currently, I see a triumvirate of Boxman, AGar and Wickedestjr. To be honest, I wasn't following Mitey's case, but I'll do a re-read of his posts.
Wickedest_jr, tracker, and Mitey Mouse haven't done anything to raise my suspicions.
Purely on this sentence, I'm inclined to believe a Wickedestjr/Boxman pair rather than AGar with any of the two. Besides that, there isn't much to add onto what you and Papa Zito have covered. Again, I'll make more observations while I eagerly await Wicked's reply to my questions earlier on.

@Darkstrike: You don't visit a pasta house simply because it sounds good....
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I"ll be V/LA for 24 hours to study for a test.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I'm back.

Papa Zito, the 'big ass yellow table' wasn't for nothing. It will be used in future lynches, that's all. Also, wicked's case has grown a lot recently.

@Wicked: Meta-ing is a very vague field and should be only fleetingly considered at best while playing the game. What you saw in one game doesn't mean that it will show up in another.
Wicked wrote:I am sorry, but I forgot that we were not positive about whether there was a doctor or not, but either way, I think two claims is too much to digest so early in the game.
Two claims is too much to digest?! Why are you so concerned with this? We want as much information as possible to make informed, learned discussions.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP: If I could vote twice, I'd vote for you again.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Oh, now you're calling me a half-determined townie, and are daring us to force a claim from boxman?

Also, your WIFOM defence is vague at best. If boxman and you were partners you would have voted for him anyway knowing that if we enquired you would have used the WIFOM defence.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I concur with you guys. This game is oddly fascinating enough that I'm checking the forums every hour.

@Papa Zico: I don't think you'll be dead tomorrow.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

@Wicked:
I wrote:Oh, now you're calling me a half-determined townie, and are daring us to force a claim from boxman?

Also, your WIFOM defence is vague at best. If boxman and you were partners you would have voted for him anyway knowing that if we enquired you would have used the WIFOM defence.
What do you think of this?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I've been reading the topic again, and I still think that a wicked lynch is better than a boxman lynch. However, boxman being lynched isn't that far off, so I'll make my decision and post in a few hours.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Both Wicked and Boxman are the same case. Both are guilty of lurking (Boxman is doing it right now, I think). Both have been casting their votes with a herd mentality. The only real difference that I see is that Boxman made a post detailing who he thinks is scum and town.

On the other hand, Wicked strikes me as someone who is lying, and hence someone I'd still like to see lynched anyway. However, he claimed town, so he has that going for him...for now.

You're right, Papa Zito, lynching Boxman would directly relate Wicked to the lynch.

unvote, vote: Boxman

And with that, gents, and lady, I take a bow before you guys. It's been fun playing with you. I'm not putting much hope towards seeing you guys tomorrow.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

You had a previous defence?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I did get a result. Why shouldn't I claim it yet?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

*raises eyebrow*

Well, I know I do have a result. If I was blocked, the moderator must have been pulling my leg, because I still got a result.
Papa wrote:You survived the night and you weren't roleblocked?
Does that change things? For me, it doesn't. I get to do my job as usual.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I'd like all your personal opinions in this matter. Should I post my findings now, or post them later on?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

It was an innocent result.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

@Wicked: I think he means that he'd like me to keep the cop investigation in my pocket for now and cash it in later in the day, when the investigated fellow is taking heat from the other players.

Also, telling everyone who you investigated and what it revealed makes the investigated person a prime target for a night kill in order to stall the activities of the townspeople finding the right person to lynch.

@Papa Zico: You forgot scenario E: The remaining mafia member does not believe that I am a cop, just a desperate town player, and hence assassinates someone else, keeping in the game a player whose role is doubtful to the town and a pretty good choice for a lynch on D2.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Who knows...? At the end of the day, we'll see. Right now I just want to see whether or not there will be any heat generated towards the player I investigated during the day.

I also just realised that Boxman has only contributed about a page's worth of posts....

I really feel that we should go back to Boxman's last post.

[quote="Boxman]Because no one else is really suspicious to me.

You were the only other suspicious person in my eyes, and you turned out to be the cop.

Wickedest_jr, tracker, and Mitey Mouse haven't done anything to raise my suspicions.[/quote]

You're right, Papa Zico. This post has come back to haunt us.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP: Ah shit, epic fail. Wait.
Boxman wrote:Because no one else is really suspicious to me.

最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #49) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

AGar wrote:I ain't the po-lice.

Other than that, kinda confused by the tracker hit. Seems... bad.
This rubs me the wrong way...somehow.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #50) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Me? I don't have a case against you. I don't see anything particularly incriminating.

I, on the other hand, consider Wicked to be a hypocrite.

FoS: Wicked
while I go about gathering more evidence.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #51) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

[quote="Wicked]Darkstrike had a theory that me and you were the scum pair because we were the last two to confirm. He accused me first though. For my defense I used WIFOM by saying that there is no knowing that the last two to confirm would be scum and that the scum could have confirmed first on purpose to make me and you look bad.[/quote]

Seriously?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #52) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP:
Wicked wrote:Darkstrike had a theory that me and you were the scum pair because we were the last two to confirm. He accused me first though. For my defense I used WIFOM by saying that there is no knowing that the last two to confirm would be scum and that the scum could have confirmed first on purpose to make me and you look bad.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Did you not notice this or are you being sarcasm somehow?
I didn't think you were going to use this rubbish, flimsy excuse as evidence of your town alignment.

Major FoS: Wicked
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

*breaking out in cold sweat*

Wicked doesn't have a lot going for him in my mind right now; MiteyMouse strikes me as more trustworthy than Wicked has so far.

I need some 'me' time right now. Give me a few hours to stew it over finalise my decision (and vote).
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP: Both Wicked and MiteyMouse should use this window to try and convince me why should I vote for the other person.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

If you want me to vote purely on that basis...I already know who to vote for.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #57) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Temporary V/LA for me for 48 hours due to helping prepare events on July the 3rd.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Papa Zito wrote:The best I can call myself is an SE but I'll give this a shot.

The worst thing for scum is a confirmed townie, because confirmed townies narrow the possibilities for the town. Jumping right out and saying who is innocent is the equivalent to painting a big fat target on their back since there's no way for scum to spin anything against that player. Especially in endgame scenarios.

You may be wondering "Yeah but IH isn't a confirmed cop, how can we trust him?" Consider two possibilities:

1. IH is scum. Since he's the only one left anyone he pegs as innocent actually will be. This is one of the rare cases where you can take scum at their word.
2. IH is the cop. His investigation is true, so of course we can trust this.

Either way, the player he names is clear. His job right now is to make sure his innocent doesn't get lynched. It'll be up to him to decide if he should reveal his innocent in twilight. If I were him I would since then the scum has to decide between a cop and a cleared townie. (This assumes we mislynch obv)

That's my take anyway. :)
Thank you for making my thoughts clear on it. I won't claim my investigation right now; I'm still interested in gathering more information to make my case. I'll probably reveal it later on, when the heat is too high on said player. I do know that I definitely will reveal my investigation at most at the end of the day.

@AGar:
AGar wrote:@Indigo_Heron: Assuming you aren't scum, do you expect to live the night tonight if wicked/mitey are not scum? Out of the above three (Papa, Thesp, Dark), who would you be most suspicious of as scum?
Firstly, before I get started, I'm not. The chances of me not living tonight are as high as before when I stated earlier on Day 1.

I won't reveal who it is that I suspect (yet). I can just say that I am observing everyone but me and my investigation target very closely right now.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I wouldn't exactly say that she's gone underground this time.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #60) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I don't, since I know her alignment. She's town. Anyone who drops the hammer is a complete retard.

Now...naturally, the people who wanted her lynched are the main candidates for scum - Thesp, Darkstrike and AGar. Since we've pretty much ruled out AGar, only Thesp and DarkStrike remain. Right now, Thesp strikes me as the likelier between the two for incessant lurking and his continuous accusation of MiteyMouse as scum.

FoS: Thesp

P.S. Now the day's fun really begins...
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:40 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

If you noted at the start of the day, Darkstrike, people thought I investigated Wicked. That way, they still go about their normal business accusing MiteyMouse of being scum. By doing so, I can catch those who overextended themselves and demand that they explain what they've been doing.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #62) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

@Everyone: Sorry, due to the proximity of a coming test, I have to declare myself incapacitated to view this topic for another 18-24 hours or so.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #63) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

You should also notice, AGar, that the topic reads "Mastin's Insane Tells", which doesn't give it too much of a credit.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #64) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Sorry for being inactive. Had work to do. Will have something up soon when I'm done with my weekly assignments.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

My list:

1. Thesp/Darkstrike.
2. Wicked.
3. Papa Zico
4. AGar
5. Mitey Mouse.

I'm still around: my finals are next week so I urge patience while I give this minimal attention for 7 days.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Crap. I investigated Papa Zito.

I feel that I have a solid idea on who the scum is, but I won't comment any further while I re-read the game.

P.S. FINALLY, MY FINALS ARE OVER!
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

It told me your alignment; not your role. Since when are cops told of the player's role?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #68) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

(Short) summer semester, from May to July. Basically cramming a whole syllabus into half a normal semester.

On the other hand, I may not take any courses for my final semester, and instead become a student helper to get some work experience before I transfer to the U.S.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #69) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I think that this Newbie game is 2 scum, 1 cop, and 6 townies. It doesn't add up if we replace one of the goons with a role-blocker. I can see the benefits if said role-blocker chooses not to exercise his role-blocking rights, though.

I think that it's a miracle I'm still alive. I think that the scum among us knows that he could lynch me anytime (hence the lynches of anyone else but me).

[quote="Darkstrike]In fact, having stated that he would only reveal his investigation target when the target was coming under fire, and then to reveal mitey when she was the first to come under fire, is a bit odd.[/quote]

I knew that MiteyMouse would be going soon if I didn't do anything, hence the remark I made on Day 2. I also thought that Thesp's relentless targeting of Mitey on Day 1 and the day after that was odd too.

I'd like to ask everyone, though. What if I get lynched? What happens on Day 4? (We're not at LyLO yet right?)
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #70) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Actually, I investigated Papa, so it would've been 3 scum choices, and 3 confirmed Townies (in my book).

@Darkstrike: I meant LyLO on Day 4. I would also like to vote for Thesp on the basis of my instinct, but that simply isn't enough, right?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #71) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Thesp wrote:If this is the case, what do you make of me suggesting the massclaim, which would confirm the status of a doctor?
I don't believe in a mass-claim. It doesn't confirm anything, only clarifying the set-up, and more often than not muddles the game in more complications. You're asking them to willingly come forward with their roles to get the game going. In certain cases, it is beneficial to lie to ensure that you are incognito a little longer.
Mitey wrote:Hmmm...this doesn't strike me as something that a more experienced player would do. A Scum with some experience would know the danger of leaving a confirmed Town and a potential cop alive. Now, this could be a game of WiFoM but, it seems like a newbie move to me.
Yes, but it is Day 3, and we still have no concrete idea who the remaining scum is, right? I personally feel that this move is too newb-ish to be played by a newbie, and we should be focusing on either Thesp or Darkstrike.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #72) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Thesp wrote:I'm really confused - why didn't you say anything when we were discussing it a bit ago? Did the doctor claim muddle the game in more complications? How so? Are you suggesting that there's actually a doctor?
I've been hasty in saying that, so let me alter my previous comments. In one of these mass claims, someone always lies. In the end, it clarifies nothing at all (except allowing more materiel to be reviewed with a fine-toothed comb).
Too newbish for a newbie, so it's an experienced player?
What?
This doesn't make sense. (Also, the suggestion that we don't have a "concrete idea of who the remaining scum is" is a bit disconcerting - there's a lot of posts to work from at this point, and it seems as though you're trying to decrease town morale, which is a scummy thing.)
You would prefer I would be mindlessly optimistic?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #73) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

So are you saying it wouldn't have been significant if someone claimed doc? Are you suggesting it's not significant that someone didn't claim doc?
I haven't come across many games where the doctor willingly came forward. I've come across even less games where the scum willingly came forward.
I'm not sure why it has to be this false dichotomy - there's plenty of room between "no concrete idea of who the remaining scum is" and "mindlessly optimistic". You were suggesting that we're no closer to getting anywhere than when we'd started, which is patently false. It looks like you're trying to depress us and make it look like we've gotten nowhere - it's an affront to townie morale which is a pro-scum move.
I'm not. I was thinking along the lines of "We don't really know who the scum is.".
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #74) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Thesp wrote:Are suggesting it's likely that there's a doc that hasn't come forward? Really?

I don't answer hypotheticals.
Thesp wrote:Then how is this different from any other game without a confirmed investigation?
It is?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #75) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Gimme a bit more time. I'm a little busy right now.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #76) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

@AGar: Honestly? I don't have anything. I haven't been paying much attention to this game. I just have my word against the others.

What can I say about MiteyMouse? From Day 1, it was fairly obvious that she was going to be lynched, and I was certain that the remaining scum member wouldn't kill her, so I investigated her to make sure. When I did get the cop result (town alignment), I held it off till the last moment in an effort to catch the scum overreaching themselves.

For Day 2, someone said something about Papa Zico's possibly town, possibly scum behaviour (that was hard to read), so investigated him (I too, was scared to death of Papa Zico as scum). I originally wanted to investigate another member, but I just wanted to cover my bases. I admit, I was surprised he was killed on Night 2. We had a confirmed cop (me), and a confirmed pro-town player (Mitey); both of which were better targets than Papa Zico.

Of course, this boils down to the probable conclusion that there is a doctor, and I think I may have found the player who holds the role of doctor (if there is a doctor in this game to begin with).
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #77) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Okay, I've had it.

Why doesn't anyone find fault in Thesp lurking for most of Day 1, and then voting for MiteyMouse throughout the rest of Day 1, and half of Day 2 till I called in the cop result? Is everyone really so blind-sided by his status as an IC tempered with my general lack of attention towards this game? Can't anyone see the same path he's taking now with me as he had with Mitey?

How do you know with certainty that there wouldn't be a role-blocker anyways? I am not discounting anything out, besides the fact that Mitey and Papa Zico are town. If there was a role-blocker, scum has benefited tremendously from not blocking the confirmed cop this time (albeit taking a huge risk doing so). Again, we can't discount the possibility that this could be experienced players trying things out in a Newbie game.

vote: Thesp

I believe that in the event there is a doctor, Mitey's it.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I'd say that you should force a tie (again), but you can't ask me, I'm biased.

It simply is my word against his (and AGar's). Why are you asking me anyway, knowing that I'll say that you'll force a tie?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #79) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Because at this point, I trust Darkstrike more than I trust Thesp.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #80) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:27 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I always lynch the person I am most suspicious of. It's the ones that aren't suspicious that concern me. Papa Zito and Mitey were at the very bottom of my list.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #81) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Well...Occam's Razor did not apply here.

I won't say who I think is going to be assassinated, but his/her death is incredibly obvious, to ensure that the town have to start all over.

What I wouldn't give to still be in this game...Khelvaster, I'm not going to let the mob take me if I die. I think I'll get more comfortable with my side-arm and blow myself away.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

D'oh!!!

*slaps forehead*
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:38 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

AGar, you purposely left me out, right?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (isolation #84) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Exactly, Papa Zito. I have had bad experience with pro-town players. I just had to be sure that you were not. I normally try to lynch the scummiest player I see, and investigate the towni-est player I see.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (isolation #85) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

EBWOP: I'll post my thoughts later on.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #86) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

Okay, to be honest, I didn't pay a lot of attention to this game, concentrating on this game instead. As such, I did not play my cards right on Day 1. Somehow, I got it in my head that an anti-town behaviour would work in a Newbie game.

Any ways, I was revealed, and was fully expecting myself to be assassinated when night fell. However, in the off-chance that I was not assassinated, I decided to investigate Mitey Mouse, since I found Thesp's constant ragging of Mitey Mouse to be extremely odd. At this point, I had it in my head that Thesp was the most likely candidate for scum.

So, Day 2 comes around, and I was not eliminated. AGar's choice of a night kill was not surprising, since there was some tension between me and tracker on Day 1. As expected, Mitey Mouse was a prime candidate for a lynch. I decided to hold off on revealing my investigation until it couldn't go any further (L-1, or L-2?), hence giving the town lots of information to work from. Then, Papa Zito had me a little terrified of him being scum by stating in his posts how town-ish he is. So, I investigated him at night.

Day 3 comes around, and I still wasn't assassinated. At this point, I knew that the remaining mafia member was going to try and take me do Day 4, and from that point, accuse me of being a fake cop (what AGar said earlier). Lack of attention got in the way, and I didn't defend myself properly, and I got lynched. My investigation target being assassinated didn't help matters much, since to those who were utterly convinced I was scum, I saved myself the burden of choosing another practically vote-proof character.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #87) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

AGar wrote:Here's my question to IH - who would you have investigated in Night 3?
I honestly wasn't thinking about you. I was thinking about Thesp, and I just had to investigate him to make sure that he was scum.

Also, moderator, can we have a rematch?
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #88) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Khelvaster wrote:I can PM the Road to Roam and Little Italy list mods and see if either one of those two would clear a new game. Non-game people are definitely allowed to talk in-game once the game's over.
Please do.
Khelvaster again wrote:I'm so impressed with this group of players for wanting to replay with the exact same group. This game's definitely being nominated in the Scummies--it was awesome to read. I was especially happy with the relatively low wall-of-text frequency :).
Scummies? Seriously? Wow. I'm honoured to be a part of this game, then.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #89) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

Well, I know who I'm random voting for Day 1.
最愛心。。。
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #90) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Indigo Heron »

I know that. Black probably knows it too, and I expect a resignation from them in 5 moves (if they are smart).
最愛心。。。

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”