Newbie 744 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by CntRational »

Transmission received!
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by CntRational »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Confirm
Kmd4390 wrote:/confirm

Can I vote Zazie now or do I have to wait? XD
^^OMGUS :D
You knew I was planning to vote you.
But you were planning to vote me knowing I was planning to vote you. Now we step into WIFOM territory. :lol:
Good thing that I spent the last few years building up a immunity to iodine powder!
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:21 am

Post by CntRational »

Yaw wrote:
Also, CntRational, it's
iocane
powder.
...I should have known something was going to be wrong! *dies*

Thankfully, I'm only
mostly
dead, so I shall continue playing!
syndromeofadown wrote:hi raivann welcome to the game
...this is a insult to punctuation, not to mention capitalization!

That as well as sexism results in a...

FoS:syndromeofadown

I would vote you, but that would take us far too close to a lynch.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:46 am

Post by CntRational »

ZazieR wrote: CntR, what's wrong with two votes on one player?
...ah, I failed to realize that you FoS'd him, instead of voting him. Very well then!

Vote: syndromeofadown

Just in case you wondered why I would not vote for him if he had 2 votes is that: Assuming that the first 2 voters aren't mafia and I place my vote on him, would leave him with Lynch-2, at which the scum could come and voterush him, leading to a waste of a day 1 lynch.

However, we can carry on now.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:36 am

Post by CntRational »

Indeed, croissants are tasty.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by CntRational »

Raivann wrote:
alexhans wrote:Whatever.
I'm gonna keep my RV on alexhans for saying Whatever as a sentence.
The "Whatever" should be enclosed in quotation marks.

(Sorry, I'm just particular about grammar. No ill will intended, though.)
Kmd4390 wrote: That wouldn't be a waste. If scum let us find them that easy, we'd win no problem.
Yes, I agree.

Also, I see that Dennis1993 hasn't posted since his vote...any comments, Dennis1993?
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:15 am

Post by CntRational »

syndromeofadown wrote:
CntRational wrote:Also, I see that Dennis1993 hasn't posted since his vote...any comments, Dennis1993?
Lot's of people haven't posted since voting, why single out Dennis specifically?
Because everybody else has posted at least once after voting? Unless I missed something, Dennis is the only one who hasn't posted...
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:30 am

Post by CntRational »

Kmd4390 wrote:
CntRational wrote: Because everybody else has posted at least once after voting? Unless I missed something, Dennis is the only one who hasn't posted...
He posted 30 hours ago. I don't think we need to jump on him for it yet.
Indeed, but it's worth mentioning, nevertheless.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:32 am

Post by CntRational »

Ah, that's good, since I don't like lynching lurkers. :)

Hope you had a good party!
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:30 am

Post by CntRational »

ZazieR wrote: And I'd like to know from CntR, why he only mentioned Dennis, while Mizz also hadn't posted after she had voted.
*Checks* Ah, looks like I overlooked her.
Could we get a post from you, Mizz?

Kmd4390 wrote:The other thing he did was a lurker callout. Pretty quick to jump on the lurker IMO. May just be new town trying to find a starting point.
Well, FoSing/mentioning lurkers usually gets them to post, thus creating more conversation and more information in the end.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 am

Post by CntRational »

I was at W O R K OK? (I should encrypt this, lest they find it and realize I don't work "ALL" the time)
We're watching you...

Will await for a post from Mizz before voting her, but she has ping'd my scumdar now.

Ah, yes.

Unvote
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by CntRational »

...Humor is a scumtell now? ...that is interesting.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:24 am

Post by CntRational »

Raivann wrote:CntR are you scumbuddies with Ash?
No.
Kmd4390 wrote:Bolt/Cnt: I didn't notice much from you regarding Mizz. What did you think of her?
Thought that she was mostly a lurker-ish (who could be putting up a newbie pose) player before she left, but at the moment, I feel that she might just be a confused townie.
ZazieR wrote:One player who did catch my attention is CntR. You might remember that he called Dennis out as he didn't post after his vote. Afterwards, he also saw that Mizz hadn't posted after her vote. But when she does post, he only states that he would vote her after waiting on a post (after those 3) as she pinged his scumdar. But he never stated why, and he didn't respond to her last post before she asked to be replaced.
She pinged my scumdar for just lurking, since lurkers make the game less fun, really.

As for why I did not post...I think I was sleeping at the time and I missed the entire episode. (I'm in a GMT+5:30 time zone, which sometimes makes things awkward)
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:36 am

Post by CntRational »

Raivann wrote:It would work better if we could see physical reactions, more THEN on the internets. :P haha

sorry for this post, not really, jk :wink:

CntRational jumped back, spilling his chocolate milk in his surprise.
"W-W-What are you talking about?!"

Is this a suitable reaction? ;D
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 am

Post by CntRational »

ZazieR wrote:
Zazie wrote:However, CntR, whose scumdar got pinged by Mizz for lurking, but didn't mention Bolt at all, while he was worse, deserves some attention as well.
Fixed
Is there any reason why nobody pointed my mistake out?

But CntR, how come you were saying that you'd vote Mizz (which was based upon lurking), but not Boltrig or Dennis? And I'd also like to know what according to you the difference is between your posts so far and those of Mizz.

Also,
Mod
, if Dennis hasn't been prodded yet, could do you please do so?
Well, one reason is that that I am blind, and missed Dennis/Boltrig. And I just got a hunch on mizz, not much to go on, really...
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 am

Post by CntRational »

I want to get this going somewhere, so...

Vote:AshKetchummm
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:05 am

Post by CntRational »

Include that he didn't give arguments why he wanted to vote Mizz (see post 78), not responding to Mizz her posts and ignoring a question:
Zazie wrote:And I'd also like to know what according to you the difference is between your posts so far and those of Mizz.
Quite honestly, my answer would have been that there wasn't much difference between the lack of content in either my posts or Mizz's, but that doesn't help me at all, so I felt that the best thing to do was to ignore the question...perhaps it wasn't, in retrospect.
ZazieR wrote:I so disagree with the above post.
First of all is the reason for putting Ash at L-1. It's just to get this game going, while there are lots of other ways to get this game going. Besides, CntR, what did you expect as response to this action?
I wished to put more pressure on Ash, and get more information...and I'm a very erratic person, really.
syndromeofadown wrote: *snip*
So the crazy theory of the day is:
this is all a brilliantly set up bussing/distancing ruse, and ZazieR and CntRational are mafia partners.
...indeed, it would be brilliant, but it isn't so, sorry. :P
Second, is that he didn't suspect Mizz at all, yet he's willing to put Ash at L-1. So far, I haven't seen any suspicions stated, except for the lurkers as lurkers make the game less fun, according to him. And even then, he misses them. So I'd like to hear who you suspect the most right now CntR?

I didn't have much suspicions before, however, I do now.
Looking at blueshadow's posts:
blueshadow wrote:
Raivann wrote: Talk about itching for a quick lynch!

Blueshadow would you have hammered if CntR was at L-1 before you voted?
I'm just talking about the truth.

Are you trying to scare me?
What? You didn't answer the question and instead countered with another question!
blueshadow wrote:
yellowbunny wrote:Blue, I am not sure exactly what sort of game you are trying to play here. Two people (myself and Kmd) have pointed out that your behavior doesn't make sense to the point of seeming scummy. And your response has been along the lines of "LAWL."
I consider myself a pro-town role, however what I was doing is of couse not pro-town.
I will not explain what the hell I was doing cause explanation means concealing. But I can tell you my intended purpose is reached.

Maybe some of you has already figure it out.
Once again, ignoring the question and then giving us a "answer" saying that he has a concealed motive, if I translated that grammar properly.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:15 am

Post by CntRational »

Vote:blueshadow

I knew I forgot something.

And ouch, alexhans. I hope it'll turn out okay...and it's all right, In fact, it's a gas.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:45 am

Post by CntRational »

Hmm...Blue is at Lynch-1 now...should we wait for him to post?
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:37 am

Post by CntRational »

Raivann wrote:Thanks y'all!

Yakuza san kochira te no naru hou e
Donna ni nigetemo tsukamaete ageru !
˙ǝǝs ı
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 am

Post by CntRational »

Hum...Well, since we cannot continue ahead without blue, we can discuss a few things while he's gone...

So, what are the suspicions on me? If I can get a clearer idea of what they are, I will present my defense.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:57 am

Post by CntRational »

...well, I suppose I'll post my defense after a short while, kay? (I hate being sick...)
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 am

Post by CntRational »

Kmd4390 wrote: 1) The FoS in the RVS when you weren't voting anyone. I saw this as cautious play matching your meta, but that's wrong as you have been more aggressive lately.

2) The fear of putting SoaD at L-2 which is notable because of your L-1 vote on Ash later.

3) Calling out Dennis for lurking when a few others were worse offenders, specifically Mizz.

4) Also quick to jump on the "lurker" who had posted 30 hours before you called him out.

5) Called Mizz a confused townie and then voted Ash 3 posts later with little reasoning.

6) Placed Ash at L-1 with little reasoning. Looks like you want to lynch pretty quickly there.
1. I'm more cautious during the beginning of the game, but less so later on.

2. I find Day 1 very boring when it lasts long, so I wanted to end it as soon as possible, so we can get on to more interesting discussions based on more solid evidence, rather than the straw catching of Day 1.

3. As I mentioned, I missed them. But that really isn't a good defense, I admit...

4. 30 hours?...I think that is a pretty long time, but it looked longer due to the amount of posts in between.

5. That was quite a while later, my opinions changed during that period of time.

6. Like I said, I wanted to end Day 1.
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 am

Post by CntRational »

Kmd4390 wrote:1. Why didn't you get aggressive in Newbie 709? Or at least not to the same extent as here.
Well, it was my first game at mafiascum...
2. Well first of all, "boring" discussion gives us stronger reads on players and is helpful to the game. Second, with enough discussion, there is plenty to go on. Sure, we don't have anyone dead and confirmed or anything, but you can still get reads on players based on their actions. And if you want the day to end so quickly, why were you scared to put SoaD at L-2. Is he your scumbuddy?
Sure, but sometimes I do like 'risky' discussion...I'm a bit weird that way...

I somewhat disagree, but that doesn't get us anywhere...

Joking around by paranoid, I guess, and it was the joke vote period in the day...
4. 30 hours isn't that long. People go inactive for days at a time. Not that they should, but they do.
*shrug* I guess I wanted to hear from him soon.
5. Why didn't you post reasons for such a drastic change in opinions.
It's more of a hunch, rather than solid evidence, really...though, I think I said this before.
AshKetchummm wrote: But I still think the fact that you said Mizz was a townie, and decided to vote for me anyways. I don't think thats just trying to get the game moving along, I don't think a Town player would risk lynching someone they thing it town no matter what.
As I said above, it was a hunch, and while it wasn't much to go on, it's better than nothing.
And I did not say that I was 100% assured that Mizz was town, I just thought that she might be town.

Raivann wrote:Well there was a couple I listed but since you ask...Ok I'll give more. I'm not a big fan of long posts but here goes.
It starts back in RV stage when he fos'ed instead of voting...
CntR wrote:Just in case you wondered why I would not vote for him if he had 2 votes is that: Assuming that the first 2 voters aren't mafia and I place my vote on him, would leave him with Lynch-2, at which the scum could come and voterush him, leading to a waste of a day 1 lynch.
He doesn't want to waste day 1 lynch here. Then quickly changes to vote after called out by Zazie & Kmd then unvotes
As I said above, more of a joke than a serious vote...
Raivann wrote:CntR are you scumbuddies with Ash?
Cntr had been on my list early on for his fos instead of vote ,then quick change to vote just to not look suspicious, then unvote of syndrome
ZazieR wrote:One player who did catch my attention is CntR. You might remember that he called Dennis out as he didn't post after his vote. Afterwards, he also saw that Mizz hadn't posted after her vote. But when she does post, he only states that he would vote her after waiting on a post (after those 3) as she pinged his scumdar. But he never stated why, and he didn't respond to her last post before she asked to be replaced.
as well as that point by Zazie.
Well, isn't it standard procedure to wait for a response before voting? And I unfortunately missed the last post as well as the replacement, so that is why I did not respond.
Then when asked what he thought about Ash/Mizz...
CntR wrote:Thought that she was mostly a lurker-ish (who could be putting up a newbie pose) player before she left, but at the moment, I feel that she might just be a confused townie.
CntR wrote: And I just got a hunch on mizz, not much to go on, really...
Then there was this scummy post...
CntR wrote:I want to get this going somewhere, so...

Vote:AshKetchummm
Raivann wrote:Vote: CntR
putting ash at L-1 , especially with his reason to get things going, was scummy.
Then I unvoted because of blue's vote and him saying "someones gotta go first". I got distracted by blue's posts and went for a blue lynch, which he did deserve by the way.
I admit, it was a rash decision, in retrospect...
Ash wrote:well, he hasn't responded and is probely hoping that some kind of distraction will come up...
Which is exactly what blue was.
...well, I'm responding now.
Raivann wrote:syndromeofadown wrote:

This is what really pinged my scumdar. Remember when he didn't vote me in fear of l-2 and scum-rushing? Now he goes and puts someone at l-1 for no reason at all! And what makes this extra scummy is this:

Kmd4390 wrote:
I see that you[cntrational] were cautious as town in Newbie 709, so I won't hold it against you.

Does that look like a cautious townie move to any of you guys? Which brings up the question: Why would cntr do this if it was already established that he acts cautious as town? Would any (cnt) rational person really think that putting someone at l-1 just to "get the game going" would help himself or the town at all?

I agree with this part of syndrome's crazy theory time. Totally forgot about that. I think the strategy of Zazie being mafia partners with CntR and bussing him could be believable later in the game, but not day 1.
Well, we usually have days between posts, and my opinion changes during that time...
Where is CntR anyways?
syndrome made great point and i still had my eye on Cntr. Sorry cant figure out the pyramid quote thing.
CntR wrote:I wished to put more pressure on Ash, and get more information...and I'm a very erratic person, really.
hmmm
Ash wrote:Well I gave valid reasons to support my vote, and I really think that he is scum, and also he has made no attempt to prove that he is innocent, all he did was say that he an erratic player, and then went on to point the direction at someone else, simply because they answered a question with a question.
I agree with Ash on this but blue was posting scummy too.
CntR wrote:Hmm...Blue is at Lynch-1 now...should we wait for him to post?
Really wanting a quick blue lynch here , scummy post. To me this post sounds like- Someone please drop the hammer! Whether it's good for the town or not.
Ash wrote:The last to post confirm what I've been saying about CNT, not giving any valuable input, and just looking for a lynch it seems like.

I'm much more confident in a Cnt lynch then a blue lynch right now. So I'm keeping my vote on Cnt.
So as to Cntr's playstyle, we're supposed to believe he's cautious during RV stage then aggressive by voting players he doesn't suspect and erratic too, I think scum makes more sense.
CntR wrote:1. I'm more cautious during the beginning of the game, but less so later on
like I said, not buying it.
Cntr wrote:5. That was quite a while later, my opinions changed during that period of time.

6. Like I said, I wanted to end Day 1.
He never expressed his change of opinions just voted to get things moving.
As for wanting to end day 1 and syndrome's question about yellowbunny kill I think that if CntR flips scum it could be because yellowbunny was on blue wagon not Cntr's, I dont know.
I don't really have a excuse here, I admit...

ZazieR wrote:
Mod
Could you please prod CntR and SoaD?

Anyway, onto CntR. I don't agree with most of the points that Kmd has made in post 243. I'll give the reasons why after CntR has responded. However, I do agree with 5. Especially after looking at post 187
CntR, how come you didn't mention your reasons for voting Ash in this post?

Also CntR, it surprises me that you keep ignoring questions. What's up with that?
These are my questions you have ignored:
*Anyway, what did you expect as reaction from Ash by putting him at L-1?
*Also, how come you didn't respond to post 167, except for SoaD's assumed scumpair?
*CntR, what do you think of Ash when looking back at the posts he has made after his Raivann vote?
*Also CntR, after looking back, I want to know what the thought behind this was:
CntR wrote:Hmm...Blue is at Lynch-1 now...
should we wait for him to post
?
I'd also like to hear your top suspicion as so far you've only defended yourself this day.
* I wasn't sure what to expect from Ash, but I expected something...
* Huh?
* Hmm...I'm still suspicious of him, but nothing that is a huge opinion changer...
* Well, don't we usually wait for a response after putting someone at L-1?

Well, the only suspicion I really have at the moment is Ash...but as you've said, most of my thoughts are about defending myself at the moment...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”