Newbie 744 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

/confirm
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:50 pm

hi raivann welcome to the game
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:54 pm

4 to lynch? :?:

Let's get the ball rolling

Vote: Mizz.Mafia
for being a girl
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:03 pm

GUYS I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT! Under Zazier and KMD's name it points out that they are both mafia scum. Must be some sort of glitch in the system but good thing I was observant enough to notice this. GG Mafia, but looks like you've been figured out by detective syndrome :wink:
CntRational wrote:Also, I see that Dennis1993 hasn't posted since his vote...any comments, Dennis1993?
Lot's of people haven't posted since voting, why single out Dennis specifically?
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Unvote

I'm not going to put Miz.Mafia at L-2 just because she's a girl :roll:
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Not just yet, anyway

fufufufufufu...
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:33 am

ZazieR wrote:I'm also wondering what's wrong with L-2. So could you tell us this SoaD?
I'm waiting on some content from Mizz, before deciding if she deserves a vote or not.
It's not really the fact that it's dangerous, it's just my vote for her wasn't because I thought she was mafia. It was because I wanted to get the game going with a vote to get a read on how people react.

I wouldn't really care about L-2 if I actually thought she was bad, and would have probably kept my vote. However since my vote was essentially a random vote, I figure I might as well unvote for now seeing as how there's a potential for things to get serious, and I don't want a random vote to interfere with serious votes. (If I didn't unvote, my vote might deter people who are really suspicious of Mizz from voting in fear of the L-1, preventing valuable discussion.)

The reasoning makes sense in my head, I hope I have articulated it well enough for you to understand. If not, I will elaborate further =D
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:51 am

Kmd4390 wrote:
ZazieR wrote:I'd like to know this though. SoaD, what do you think of Mizz now?
I'm definitely keeping my eye on her. She's showing some signs of scum right now: Not posting until someone points it out, when asked "who do you think is scum?" she says lol ummm I dunno, and not offering any info to the village when probed with questions. Still, I can't discern whether this makes her scum or whether she's just clueless right now.
yeah, i dont understand why you guys are very impatient, yes also very SEXIST?... [/quote]

Mizz let's make this clear: I'm not sexist! People have voted before because someone didn't have an avatar, does that mean they think all people without avatars are incapable of playing mafia? Does voting me for being a "sexist" mean you think sexist people are not capable of playing games?

To be honest, I think this sexist thing is just something you're using to distract the village from discussing your scumminess. What do you have to say about THAT?
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:52 am

oops I goofed up the quotes =P

That's what I get for trying to multiquote without a multiquote button
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:07 am

I hope it wasn't me, I'm not trying to be mean! I'm just trying to win!
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 am

Hi ash, welcome to the game =)
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:41 am

Kmd4390 wrote:SoaD, What were your thoughts regarding Mizz's play? Any opinions on Ash yet?
What play? You mean quitting? I think that's a nulltell; we will never know for sure if she quit because she was mafia and too much pressure was being put on her, or if she quit because she was just new and didn't like all the negative attention, or even if she quit for another reason altogether and just didn't want to tell us so she made up a reason. I'm going to have to say she was just new. Innocent until proven guilty, I always say.

I don't like how ash is saying he "admits" that mizz looked scummy, yet says "but now that I took her role I know she's not". He obviously could very well be telling the truth about it, but something just seems fishy about that story that I can't quite put my finger on. Anyone else getting these vibes?

Also, Ash:
Raivann, seems like you were pushing pretty hard for her in the beginning and are still going for it strong through me

Trying to get an innocent out quick in the beginning?"
Can you point out how Raivann was "pushing hard for her" with specific quotes? Because I re-read over his posts and I'm just no seeing it.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Just want to butt in here and say, Ash can you please stop using THAN when you're supposed to be using the word THEN. It's bugging the hell out of me.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:25 am

wow, I haven't posted in a while. sorry guys :(
blueshadow wrote:Greeting, I just replaced Dennis1993.

Anyway, from what I've gathered I
vote Raivann
Hi, welcome! What
have
you gathered? Care to explain your vote?
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:17 am

Do you know what time it is? It's CRAZY THEORY TIME!!! with your host, syndromeofadown!
CntRational wrote: Just in case you wondered why I would not vote for him if he had 2 votes is that: Assuming that the first 2 voters aren't mafia and I place my vote on him, would leave him with Lynch-2, at which the scum could come and voterush him, leading to a waste of a day 1 lynch.
Cntr is afraid of l-2, stating that he doesn't want mafia to "vote rush" a townie, then later agrees with kmd that "it wouldn't be a waste. If scum let us find them that easy, we'd win no problem.", contradicting his vote rush logic. I'll get back to this later, but first, the other piece of the puzzle. I want bring something else to your attention. Someone's been on cntr's case more than anyone else in the entire game.
ZazieR wrote:And I'd like to know from CntR, why he only mentioned Dennis, while Mizz also hadn't posted after she had voted.
ZazieR wrote:I'd like to know what you (Mizz) think of CntR and Alex not voting in their first post of the day.
ZazieR wrote:One player who did catch my attention is CntR. You might remember that he called Dennis out as he didn't post after his vote. Afterwards, he also saw that Mizz hadn't posted after her vote. But when she does post, he only states that he would vote her after waiting on a post (after those 3) as she pinged his scumdar. But he never stated why, and he didn't respond to her last post before she asked to be replaced. There's one other player that caught my interest with his response, but will get into him later.
ZazieR wrote:However, CntR, who votes Mizz for lurking, but didn't mention Bolt at all, while he was worse, deserves some attention as well.
ZazieR wrote:But CntR, how come you were saying that you'd vote Mizz (which was based upon lurking), but not Boltrig or Dennis? And I'd also like to know what according to you the difference is between your posts so far and those of Mizz.
Then comes,
CntRational wrote:I want to get this going somewhere, so...

Vote:AshKetchummm
This is what really pinged my scumdar. Remember when he didn't vote me in fear of l-2 and scum-rushing? Now he goes and puts someone at l-1 for no reason at all! And what makes this extra scummy is this:
Kmd4390 wrote:I see that you[cntrational] were cautious as town in Newbie 709, so I won't hold it against you.
Does that look like a cautious townie move to any of you guys? Which brings up the question: Why would cntr do this if it was already established that he acts cautious as town? Would any (cnt) rational person really think that putting someone at l-1 just to "get the game going" would help himself or the town at all?

Then, of course, zazier was first to pounce on him and finally vote him (of course, why wouldn't she have voted him earlier considering how scummy she apparently thought he was)...

Which brings me to my final point. ZazieR was trying her best to get the town to vote cntr by constantly putting pressure on him. (And notice how cntr does little to defend himself?) And when nobody was following her, cntr votes ash to make himself look extra scummy so now zazier has an "excuse" to vote him.

So the crazy theory of the day is:
this is all a brilliantly set up bussing/distancing ruse, and ZazieR and CntRational are mafia partners.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:29 am

It's not the hammer. it's l-1
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 am

ZazieR wrote:Also, you aren't very convinced in this, or are you? No vote, while naming two players who are according to you the scumteam. .
Nah, it's just something that came to mind when re-reading the thread that I thought might be interesting to bring up. Food for thought really, hence why it's a crazy theory :P
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:45 am

Raivann wrote:Yakuza san kochira te no naru hou e
Donna ni nigetemo tsukamaete ageru !
Hmm...some sort of code for communicating with your scum partner?
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:57 pm

@yellowbunny.

Blue is clean. I'm 100% sure about this. Cntr is scummy, we've already been over this, no need to beat a dead horse. Ash at first seemed really scummy, and of course mizz mafia's play didnt really help his case much either, but the more he plays, the townier he seems. *shrug*

@zazier

My top suspicion is cntrational. Then after that would be Ash, then zazier, raivann, and alexhans are tied. The least suspicious player from my point of view is kmd, though it'd be hard for me to give you a reason exactly why. Just my intuition I guess, combined with the fact that he hasn't really done anything that screams "mafia" to me.

@everyone

what do you think of yellow's death. Why do you think mafia decided to kill him/her?

Also, what do you think about me ignoring yellow's questions until after he/she was dead? Coincidence?

also:

Vote CntRational
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Sorry for being inactive, last week was really stressful for me with my mom in the hospital and it was the end of the 3rd quarter at school and I had a ton of make up work. Sorry guys :(

And to make this post not totally useless, ZazieR, who is your top suspicion? Why do you keep asking people who their top suspicion is?
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Well, who is your top suspicion besides me, obviously, since you voted me.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:12 am

alexhans is having a birthday today! Happy birthday! You share your birthday with my sister. Unless you just made up that birthday. If that's the case then disregard this =P
ZazieR wrote:
Vote SoaD

For someone who says that he was convinced that Blue was 100% clean, you have done nothing to give me that impression. Just look at your posts from the moment you posted your theory. From that post, I got the impression that you indeed wanted CntR lynched. But you've never mentioned him afterwards, nor Blue.
Also, we've had the time that Blue had four votes and CntR three. You could have made that a tie, but you didn't. You could have tried to give your opinions why Blue was town to you, but you didn't. I don't trust your latest post at all.
As for my question:
Zazie wrote:@SoaD
Please state your top suspicion
with reasons
I wasn't 100% on blue at the time of the question, but at the time I replied I was since we already knew his alliance. It was a joke. Sorry that is wasn't funny. I didn't want to tell of what my opinion of him would have been at the time of the question, because it's impossible to know. (unless I happened to jot down my opinions I was thinking at the time). This is because of a little thing called hindsight bias.

The reason I didnt mention him after, nor Blue after, was because, if you noticed, I became a lot more passive in my playstyle. I wasn't really posting much of ANYTHING, and I didn't mention anyone really. I was posting "fluff" as you'd call it. That is because that was when my mom started getting really sick and it drained a lot of my time and energy. Sorry for not explaining this earlier.

And I'd really like to know, was that really what made it tip the scales for you to vote me, or was there more to it? You seem to have been on cntr's case all game, and even voted for him last game day. You have pointed out many scumtells on cntr, and it you said it yourself he's on the top of your suspect's list.

Then I make one little "blunder" by telling a joke(which all of the sudden makes me lose all of my credibility and trust?), now I'm your top suspect? There has to have been more reasons, and I'm interested to hear. Is it because I might have put a little tiny bit of suspicion on you in post 167, and you didn't like it? Was it because I voted mizz.mafia and am a sexist?

Based on your earlier plays, it seems like you have given other people more of a leeway to defend themselves before you are suspicious enough to give them the big capital L. I am just curious, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not offended and angry that you voted me, It just seems scummy to me that you would vote me based on the reasoning given and how you have handled other situations of scummy behavior in this game.

Do you still want my top suspicions with reasons? Okay, here it is:

1) cntr is my top suspicion. I think I have explained enough as to why I think this is earlier, but if you want me to reiterate, I will.
2) Ash. Mainly due to his earlier plays and mizz mafia's scumminess certainly hurts him. And yes, I do judge replaced players by the actions of whom they happened to replace. But, like I said, the more he plays, the more he seems like he's genuinely trying to help the town
3) ZazieR, alexhans, and Raivann (tie).
a) ZazieR, you are very critical(a good thing), and often your posts seem helpful. However, something about you seems fishy. Sorry, I can't pinpoint exactly what. I am very bad at putting my logic into words. Some of my ideas and reasonings I just can't articulate.
b) alexhans, well, I haven't seen very many insightful and townie posts from this guy, yet I haven't seen anything very outright scummy either. Neutral.
c) Raivann. I don't know. He's just sort of there. He doesn't stick out much to me as one way or another. I usually like to refrain from saying "I don't have a feel on him yet" since that's usually bombarded with responses like "it's already been 11 pages, you should know by now!!" to which all I can say is "I guess I'm not very good at this game" *shrug*
4) kmd. kmd is very active and asks helpful analytical questions which I think benefit the town. This may look like I'm buddying up, but I think he's a step more townier than the above.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:08 am

ZazieR wrote:NOTE: I want to hear a response first from SoaD before someone may discuss this post. And I'd prefer it if Ash could respond afterwards, but this isn't obligatory.
I really don't have much to say about this. I now understand completely where you're coming from, and can understand why you're voting for me, and there is really not much I can do to defend myself. So I guess I'll just have to accept that you think I'm scummy and move on.

PS: Expect a huge post from me tonight or tommorow morning. I'm off to disneyland with my family, ciao!
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:59 pm

I quit.
Sorry you had to call off your replacement search. I thought I could be committed, but too many things which I have no control over are preventing me from posting more than once every 4 or 5 days, which isn't active enough to keep the game going, and is detrimental to game.

Sorry again, but I'm afraid this is for the best. Take care ^_^

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”