Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hello all, this is my first mafiascum game, so excuse me if I'm not up to date on all the terminology. I am however not totally new to the basic concepts. I've played several of these style games on a forum from a mud game I play.

That being said, from my past experience it is generally a waste to not vote, and or to vote "no lynch", as that merely puts us into the night phase and gives the mafia scum a free kill. I know its difficult to point fingers with little information, there's really no easy way to do this...

Anywho I
vote insanepenguin02
He voted early..than said he wanted to wait for more information before he casted a "real vote". Next he takes back his vote, showing that he really didn't have any interest or knowledge in his first vote... Well what if people had jumped on a bandwagon and Longshanks was lynched...He's seems like a fairly sketchy scummy character to me. As we lack in concrete information I think this may be the best course of action, lest we give the mafia scum free night kills.
insanepenguin02 wrote:Oh, yeah I definitely want to hear a lot more from everyone before I would ever cast a
real vote
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Benmage »

Perhaps my wording was not eloquently put.

To clarify I was suggesting penguin as a possible suspect (sketchy, scummy) mainly because he proposed lynching someone with zero evidence. Sure the likelihood of a successful lynch at the time was slim, it was still possible. Therefore he could have been a leading proponent in an innocents death i.e. sketchy (assuming Long is innocent :p).

In addition I was proposing this as one of several courses of possible action to take to avoid giving the mafia a free night, and a free kill. I think this may be where Vamp hopped on and agreed with me.

Maybe I was jumping to early conclusions. I agree, beginning accusations or guesses are just that… guesses, so I’ll take back my vote for penguin, my apologizes mate
Unvote

FYI 4 votes have been casted against Vamp. It takes 5 to lynch, so the next person to vote has a lot of power. It could be my inexperience, but I truly think vamp is being misinterpreted and not guilty… Well... at least I certainly don’t feel strong enough that he is guilty that I want to be the one to cast the final vote.
:P
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

(hmm ignore the smile, didn't work as intended)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Benmage »

Charrat wrote:
2. While I think that the bandwagon that has formed against Vamp has grown too quickly, I think Vamp and Benmage have sort-of made themselves into a pair, and that might be the greatest tell we have so far, although a pretty weak one at the moment.
Hmmmmmm. This will look to bad for me if Vamp turns out to be scum.... so I hope he is...

Vote: Vamp
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Benmage »

Vote: Vamparific
(did spelling have to be perfect?)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

I had wanted to clarify something before night began; I’m not trying to use my new status towards this site/forum as an excuse for anything. Like I initially said, I’ve played games very similar to this on a different forum.

Anyways with what happened during day one I sorta felt damned if I did and damned if I didn’t. Had Vamp been mafia, the biggest bullseye ever would’ve been on my chest. Perhaps I acted to hastily in my decision making. I will say one thing, the format I am accustomed too had much shorter deadlines generally 72hrs max for days. If not enough votes were in night would begin anyways. I’ve notice looking at many other games here that days can easily last much longer.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Benmage »

Your right i did act hastily, my fault.. i guess i feared the association, and the fact that there was only one vote left.

In hindsight now it was a bad decision.. had vamp been scum.. well
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote:
Benmage wrote:Your right i did act hastily, my fault.. i guess i feared the association, and the fact that there was only one vote left.

In hindsight now it was a bad decision.. had vamp been scum.. well
whoa, whoa, whoa. what do you think i am, a priest? you apologize for something and i just forgive you and move on? this is such an obvious overreach to appear 'good' and 'innocent' that i find it highly scummy.

and what do you mean by 'the fact that there was only one vote left' ? do you mean you feared this? if so, what do you mean by that? do you mean that you were afraid someone else would hammer and you would be left voteless? how does that make you suspicious, since there are many others playing? only a guilty player would be so paranoid to think that no vote would lead others to suspect him of something

obvious scum.
vote benmage
What..lol..hmm me try and dissect your outrageous claim, and quite suspicious jump to conclusion

First: I never apologized to you, I said "myb" in possibly acting hastily in the final vote. I said also said I'm use to a quicker style game play.. no biggie.. however with Vamp being innocent, in hindsight it was a bad decision.

Second: I thought I explained it under the "damned if I did damned if I didn't".. To explain, if I didn't vote agaisnt Vamp, and he proved out to be scum, I feared an association with him and thus an easy target. However it unfortunately turned out he was a townie and we lynched an innocent.

Cont: I feared not voting would make me look suspicious, based on the fact that I had already been claimed in association with vamp. Even if it was a minor statement I felt that thats irrelevant. Had vamp been scum, said person would have nominated me next, and I feared an easy bandwagon following. (Lets not forget 4 other people had reason enough to vote for him as well before me) Thus my decision to drop the hammer, I felt not at all "scum-like" but rather obviously drawing a division between myself and vamp, and ending day one.

Finally:There was 9 of us, with 2 mafia... honestly in how many games have you played that no innocents were ever lynched? Heck I can't recall playing one where we successfully lynched a mafia on the first day.

Now.. I generally don't like to vote for someone simply because they voted for me. I often fine it quite childish and leads nowhere... I strongly feel that you jumped to conclusions about me, and feel strongly that you are mafia. However I'd like to wait to hear from you again and the others.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Benmage »

(oh my post was responding to magis, let me read penguins, who posted while i was posting mine.. )
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hmm to penguin and anyone else who might wonder, if i didn't explain well enough in responding to Mag.

To begin:
I also prefer fast paced games, and said i come from a style where days were 72 hrs max, and night would occur if the deadline was reached without a majority. So I didn't feel bad about dropping the hammer. As I too felt Vamp sorta scummy but not 100% as I posted when I stated that 4 votes were already out and only one remained to lynch him. (that was obviously done before I voted, but it was also done before I was stated as in possible association with Vamp...which changed my decision to not hold my vote)

As far as the bullseye on my chest, I feared a popular bandwagon(if vamp was mafia).. They seems common in these games (atleast from my experience)

Perhaps I'm not being clear enough in my explanations.. Because I don't think i'm backtracking, but merely explaining... The only possible "back-tracking" would be that I feel bad that vamp was innocent, and that I mayyyy have acted quickly, since sometimes days last a reallllly long time on this forum.

So ya.. anymore questions or clarifying feel free, I think I'm being clear, but who knows.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote: BUT...how does he know there are 2 mafia? i thought this game was open and therefore we don't actually know how many people are mafia?
page one the first post..following some sort of f11 guideline..randomly selected one of 4 choices in which there were always 2 mafia members.. unless for some reason i misinterpreted the role of the roleblocker?? but it still said "mafia" roleblocker next to the name.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

[quote="Azhrei"
Benmage, what's made you seem so scared of being targeted?[/quote]

uhm fear of being lynched? desire to continue playing the game? desire to win the game?...who would want to be targeted?

I mean its not gonna be the end of the world.. I'll simply sign up for a new game and move on...

And well I was merely explaining myself in trying to illustrate mags misconception.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Benmage »

No way man, your a townie..you die..you lose
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

Charrat wrote: While it is a good thing for a townie player to try to prevent their own lynching, its probably always a bad thing for a townie to recklessly hammer another player just to help save their own necks. Short days are not likely going to be any help to the town.
Fair enough, but was it honestly the most reckless thing to do when 4 people already had sufficient evidence for themselves to cast the same vote i did...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote: seriously, theres no danger of benmage getting lynched right now. i have a vote on him because he has not sufficiently defended himself in my eyes. as soon as he does, i will reevaluate my vote.
Your right I acted quickly in my paranoia... as i'm not to worried now about my neck getting lynched just yet... but i feel i've clarified myself... are there any specific questions or statements i made that concern you that i might better explain?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Benmage »

*chirp* *chirp*
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

insanepenguin02 wrote: So you lurking, ben? lol
Heh, actually I was at work all day and randomly checked in..but yeah it would be nice to consistenly here from more than the three of us.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Benmage »

So its the 2nd..how long did qwints say he's gonna be away? Or can we get a prod on him?

Also other than the nitpicking at me..anyone have any leads elsewhere? I've been going over the forum, and I'm at quite the impasse.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Benmage »

1.lost
2.lost
3.lost
4. keep the day for sure, i feel if we are unsuccessful today, and without a doctor save or roleblock(if possible) were doomed with a double town deathblow.

i'm really unsure..need more information from all.

Charrat has proposed these questions.. but thats all, more needed from azhrei, qwints and t-rex for sure.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Benmage »

insanepenguin02 wrote:
Benmage wrote:1.lost
2.lost
3.lost
4. keep the day for sure, i feel if we are unsuccessful today, and without a doctor save or roleblock(if possible) were doomed with a double town deathblow.

i'm really unsure..need more information from all.

Charrat has proposed these questions.. but thats all, more needed from azhrei, qwints and t-rex for sure.
Wow. Weak IMO. You can read into some of these people's posts at least a little bit in order to at least post an opinion on something here. Are you trying to keep in all of your opinions or what? Don't want to give out too much info?
1. I don't think there's enough sufficient information out there to believe anyone to be town...if i had to pick one most likely town, than yea it would be Charrat.

2. Again...really don't think there's much information out there to damn people..If I had to pick anyone I'd say Qwints and possibly Magis(working together) Allow me to theorize and explain:

Qwints voted first against vamp in his first post for being the other IC player. (He himself is an IC person) He quickly drops his vote against vamp and switches to Azhrei for voting OMGUS (not the worst decision)..not much occurs, he returns to his vote for Vamp in coheres with Magis decision. Magis here jumps out at Vamp for making a quick act following a statement I made(vamp even retracts his claim, but its too late) Qwints follows Magis vote rather quickly(perhaps trying to form a bw, perhaps Vamp was an agreed upon target during the pregame between mag and qwints and Magis was following qwints initial attempt??just speculating here)

SUCCESS, a bw follows T-rex and penguin join the vote quickly( I casted the final vote, i'm sure theres plenty posts on that discussion =p )

Day two starts... I state yeah ok i acted hastily(simple statement), magis takes that one sentence and runs 180 degrees in the other direction and once more casts the first vote. This time against myself. ( see a trend here? casting the first vote makes bw formation easy and keeps to many eyes on you as you don't actually put the nail in the coffin.) Qwints puts a HOS on me, so he won't look suspicious when he casts his vote against me.. but the truth is he's waiting eagerly for another vote on me..and why? so he can hop on the bw and damn me like they damned vamp

3. So here we are i
vote: qwints
and i'll keep my FOS on Magis

4. Lets see some movement (keep this game fun)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Benmage »

to qwints..good first and second points..third point.. the games at an impasse, i reread all the posts several times this is best of practically no information i could come up with.. to make any conclusions in this game you generally have to take small information and do what you can with it. Here your consistent agreeing and voting scheme with Mag sent up a flare, and so i voted for you.

to penguin...lol...i'm sorry but its difficult to keep my composure reading that post.. and its fine, this game is really dragging compared to the fast pace style i'm use to so.. it seems success in this game is not posting(that really sucks)

continuing, qwints points against me? again..lol..he said i hammered, and put a HOS on me.. how is that new? i made the only stretch of a feasible case against him.

Back to qwints..1-2 posts a day is more than enough to keep a game moving, but the more the merrier.

what is it now? L-2..do work
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote:
qwints wrote:
3. Can you say OMGUS? You're voting me for voting the person you did? Obviously you believed vamp was scum, right?
what this tells me is that obviously he knew vamp WASNT scum

my vote stands

How does this tell you i "knew" vamp wasn't scum?

Is it just me or does Mag really jump to these ridiculous conclusions?
unvote Qwints vote: Magisterrain

yea penguin.. 2 votes remaining till I'm lynched is all i was saying.. sorta like next vote leaves an easy hammer move. kinda a pre-prewarning.. at least the game isn't stagnant for the time being..(If I am lynched I'll probably give this forum another try after, but so far the game isn't as entertaining as what i previously was use to)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Benmage »

The game isn't bad, if thats what i sounded like that was not what i meant. Your all playing fine..props to Yaw for modding, i just expected things to occur a little differently, no biggie. I said I'm willing to give it another go for sure. (thats really neither here nor there, we're still playing this game ;).)

And the jump to radical conclusions:
1. You sprung on Vamp, for agreeing with a statement I made, voting for him/convincing enough to follow..didn't turn out well.

2. You jumped on the idea that I was somehow apologizing to you, and you somehow claimed to be a priest or did something weird, i'm still somewhat lost with that post, but anyways you jumped at me being scum.

3. Well kinda goes with two as you're really not providing any substantial information or building any case other than what everyone else as already agreed upon.. hammer dropping ect ect.. And some how you
jumped
to the conclusion that I obviously knew vamp wasnt scum off a statement of little substance by qwints.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Benmage »

qwints wrote:NOBODY HAMMER UNTIL BENMAGE CLAIMS. WE'RE ONE VOTE AWAY FROM A LYNCH.
is that suppose to be a joke?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Benmage »

(The page being down threw me..hold on let me reread everything i missed.. not sure i understand this claiming thing? with 1 vote left..let me read)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Benmage »

I still don't understand this claim? AM i suppose to claim my role? or claim how many votes left to lynch me (which seems like an obvious one) please elaborate.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

a cop investigated me..twas doomed.. gg all
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

Good game, I screwed up big time being new to this arena..fighting against a cop who investigated you is difficult heh. I wish Rex didn't go inactive. I was trying to contact him to turn against me to not seem so scummy, oh well..good game

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”