Newbie 705 - Oh God, My Newbies! (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mr. chompy!
mr. chompy!
Townie
mr. chompy!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by mr. chompy! »

I am posting to confirm my role! Hopefully this will be a good and exciting game. I have never played Mafia before so I am already very excited!
Chomp Chomp!!!
I'm Chompy the dinosaur! If you want to eat lettuce with me, all you have to do is ask and I will share some of my lettuce with you! I also love Sonic the Hedgehog, did you know that there were over 1.78 million differen
mr. chompy!
mr. chompy!
Townie
mr. chompy!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by mr. chompy! »

Just a question to the moderator. Are we supposed to roleplay our roles in the thread? I have never played Mafia before but I play a lot of Live Action Role Playing Games (LARPG for short-hand) and I was wondering if Mafia here worked the same way. I could not find anything on the Mafia Scum Wiki website about role playing but I just want to make sure before we start the game. I really do not want to do anything wrong! Mafia looks like a lot of fun and I just want to do it right. Thank you for your time!
Chomp Chomp!!!
I'm Chompy the dinosaur! If you want to eat lettuce with me, all you have to do is ask and I will share some of my lettuce with you! I also love Sonic the Hedgehog, did you know that there were over 1.78 million differen
mr. chompy!
mr. chompy!
Townie
mr. chompy!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by mr. chompy! »

Okay so my first question would be, what kind of behavior are we looking for from the Mafia? Are they more likely to vote a certain way? I read the wiki but it seemed really vague. What if a player votes for themself? I read somewhere that the third voter on a person is always a Mafia but I don't see how that would translate, what if a town member was the third voter? Also can't the Mafia just lie about who they are and what their role is? How do we know someone is telling the truth? People lie to me all the time, one time someone lied to me about meeting him at 4:00 but he didn't show up. I usually can't tell when they lie either. Also what if it is a good player? I bet all the experienced players are really good liars so maybe we should put our cop on them. By the way what does IC stand for? In my role playing group it means "In Character" but I thought we weren't roleplaying.

Why are you all voting without reasoning too? Isn't that dangerous? What if the Mafia decides to all vote someone and get them killed early? Then we're down a town member.
Chomp Chomp!!!
mr. chompy!
mr. chompy!
Townie
mr. chompy!
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by mr. chompy! »

Yes you can have some of my lettuce :) Chompy the Dinosaur shares with everyone because I am a nice dinosaur, with shiny scales.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, the new Sonic the Hedgehog game came out and I've been busy playing it. So far on the first stage alone I've already found 4 bugs, hopefully this does not turn out to be as buggy as the last few Sonic games have been but it does not look promising. I am also disappointed that the game does not have a built in speed counter, although I worked around it by calculating pixel movement speed. Did you know you can get Sonic to move at up to 326.3 mph top speed on the first level? I'm working on moving even faster than that but so far it has been difficult. Oh well, hopefully I will be able to do it.

This is my first game of Mafia so hopefully I will do a good job! I always wanted to play it and I can't wait to start catching some Mafia! So here goes, I guess I will try the asking a question thing. It will go to LifeStandsStill. Do you think what Mango said means he is Mafia? He said he is also new to the game, maybe he just didn't think about what he said because he's new. Or at least that seems like what it is to me.
Chomp Chomp!!!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”