Newbie #706 - Oh Little Town of Damocles (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by lobstermania »

confirmed!
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Wait, did Burning Love ever confirm?
FoS: Burning Love

Vote: Deuxieme Octopus
because crustacean are better than cephalopods
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
VOTE: Lobstermania

I'm not the one trying to make informed decisions with big meaty claws.
Mmmmm.....meaty claws.
Ok.
Unvote.

But for the record, octopuses creep me out.
(Eight different ways to hold you under water and eat you!!)
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:11 am

Post by lobstermania »

ZazieR wrote:But LM, why did you unvote?
I unvoted because of the recent activity regarding Porkens and Ropis. My first vote was only based on a screen name. I figured it would be best to remove my random vote, since it seems we are moving out of random voting.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Epitaph wrote:Also, lobstermania has not given a clear opinion on the situation and this bothers me.
fos: lobstermania
I'm still confused why everyone voted for Porkens. ZazieR's vote I can understand, being an omgus. But Broncofaninmd, and especially Ropis....I'm not sure why they all chose Porkens. Both votes, especially being back to back (to back) seem sketchy. I'd like to hear something from Broncofaninmd.
Also. Why is Duexieme Octopus guilty for not band-wagoning a band-wagoner?
I haven't given a clear opinion yet because nothing is clear yet.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
Lobstermania wrote:I'm still confused why everyone voted for Porkens. ZazieR's vote I can understand, being an omgus. But Broncofaninmd, and especially Ropis....I'm not sure why they all chose Porkens. Both votes, especially being back to back (to back) seem sketchy.
You say you're confused by the votes of Bronco and Ropis... Ropis has already admitted to voting for Porkens just to get on an opposing bandwagon, and Bronco's vote was an OMGUS (Porkens voted for Bronco a few posts before the end of page 1) Hopefully this clears that up.

Unless you are saying you think there is something below the surface going on... (cue: eerie ghost noises)
Got it. It seems especially scummy that Ropis placed a premeditated, non-omgus vote (ie, bandwagon) on page one.
FoS.
I will definitely consider placing a vote on Ropis now. Is this really the decision-making we want going on in our town?
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Epitaph wrote:...
t seem like you're trying to appease people. And your lack of an opinion up until this point, and now this manufactured one really alarms me.
fos: lobstermania
"Alarms"? It was at your instigation (post 44) that I said something. And now you say my posts are "manufactured" and it is scummy. I'm trying not to beat a dead horse about Ropis. A lot has been posted to which he hasn't responded. What more do you want me to infer? What is your rush?
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by lobstermania »

ZazieR wrote:@LM
OMGUS? I don't know why you suggested this?
I know two players from this game, afatchic and Porkens. I already knew that one of them would earn my vote. I decided to pick Porkens as I knew that his avatar comes from a serie created by Rumiko Takahashi, while Ranma 1/2 is her best creation ;).
I don't understand how that is different than an omgus vote? You placed a vote on someone for reasons outside of the realm of our game. That's what I meant. Plus I said you were guilt-free because of it. What are you concerned about?
ZazieR wrote:I don't support a lynch now. It's way too early. What Ropis did was scummy, but to me it isn't a reason yet to lynch him. I'm bothered that LM is talking about putting him at L-1 already.
Don't worry. I'm not in any hurry to lynch someone. But Ropis definitely has a strike against him in my book.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by lobstermania »

afatchic wrote:
Ropis wrote:
If I'm lynched I come up scummy then there's definately a connection and Epitaph would need to be seriously looked at
, but I come up town then I don't think it reflects on him one way or the other.
then someone explain what that means if its not saying, if im lynched and i show up scum...
In what I can only assume would be Ropis's thoughts:
"(Option 1)
f I'm lynched (and) I come up scummy then there's defin
tely a connection (between myself and Epitaph) and Epitaph would need to be seriously looked at, but (option 2 if) I come up town then I don't think it reflects on him one way or the other."

It's not that hard to fill in the missing pieces.
However, wifom aside, I don't really believe in the connection between Epitaph and Ropis. I don't think scum partners would defend each other so early in the game. Perhaps Epitaph stood up for Ropis, knowing he was town, to keep a possible suspect in the game and further his chances of hiding as scum. This seems a lot more plausible to me.
FoS
at Epitaph
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Deuxieme Octopus wrote:I think, regardless of the fact that this is a newbie game, that is just too dumb of a mistake to make.
I would agree. Ropis mentioned in post 38 that he has played similar style mafia games before.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Afatchich, you are being very close-minded about this situation. You seem very defensive about lynching Ropis. We have all made a mental note about his initially scum-like behavior and have moved on for the time being. Perhaps you should further elaborate upon what you're confused about.
Or is there something else that you know which we don't? Such as the fact you are scum and trying to get the town to lynch one of their own....?
Either let this go, or further the discussion.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by lobstermania »

afatchic wrote:please quote where i keep saying lynch ropis....
I was paraphrasing the situation.
However, this response seems a bit defensive as well. Perhaps we should change the conversation for a few pages? Lol.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Having read the recent conversations people have had with afatchic, I am getting more and more weary of watching him frantically try to cover his tracks. We need to work as a team here. And right now, afatchic is not adding very much to the town, just a lot of self-defense. This is not helpful or productive.

A note of caution, afatchic: with every post I read from you, I feel more willing to place my vote on you.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by lobstermania »

afatchic wrote:You will just hurt the town. and btw... that post sounds scummy.... scum often try to slowly ease onto a wagon.
Scum do everything. They are not robots. They cannot be predicted. That is incredibly poor defense, WIFOM included.
Vote: afatchic

This is not a bandwagon, this is for the betterment of the town IMO.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by lobstermania »

afatchic wrote:And now you can unvote... im the doctor. nicely done for any of you that didn't realize i was hinting a power role every time i replied to one of your posts.

And how is this the betterment of town?
Hmm...If we don't lynch you on day one you will be nk-ed on night one. And if we don't lynch you and you aren't nk-ed then you really are scum. Then we will lynch you on day two.
Unvote.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Epitaph wrote:
Porkens wrote:Epitaph wrote:

I'd have to be a fool to leave my vote on a claimed doctor who hasn't been counterclaimed.

Read the setup again and tell me what's wrong with this statement.
I'll be honest with you I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe I'm just an idiot. The set up allows for there to be a doctor, so what's the problem?
One of the last rules is "
Robust cryptography and steganography are not allowed in my games.
"
Now I'm tempted to re-vote afatchic.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by lobstermania »

it seemed a bit tempting at first. But I think I will stick with my original plan regarding afatchic: if he's not night killed on night one, then I will vote to lynch him on day two. There's no reason why the mafia would pass up killing the doc, unless it's a false claim and afatchic is really scum.

Now I will do a re-read. There is at least one more person in here with equally, if not more so, scummy intentions.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Epitaph wrote: Does this mean he's modkilled now?
I think we would have to prove the hints actually exist first....
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by lobstermania »

afatchic wrote:and btw... i would honestly expect to live to tomorrow. half the town already wants to lynch me, and im not that much of a threat to the scum. if we do have a cop, i will just be roleblocked, then they can keep me alive. if we don't have a cop i would still expect for them to frame me and take a free kill and let the town try to lynch me tomorrow.
WHAT?? You say you are the Doc, and you also say you are "not that much of a threat to the scum." That's just completely weird. You are the scum's biggest threat right now, if you're honest about your claim. I'm having a hard time believing it. A claim on page seven is a very odd move to make, and it's hard to take seriously. The only way for us to know if you're telling the truth is for you to die. I think your claim is the only thing keeping you alive right now. But after some thought and re-reading, I'm not buying it.
Vote: afatchic
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by lobstermania »

ZazieR wrote: About the last part of post 158
What kept you from voting at that time LM?
[and]
What's the point of 163? If AFC and you aren't scum, you only just gave scum some ideas. I don't see the use in this post.
True, I didn't really think about that. Sorry. There were/are a lot of different ideas and possibilities concerning this claim that started going through my head. Ultimately I cannot predict what the scum will do during the night.
Now for your first question, I try to post what I'm thinking of doing before I act to see what (if any) response there is to make sure it's not a completely stupid idea.

As far as afatchic, I'm really torn. Of course I don't want to lynch a power role. But I agree with ZazieR, stop covering your own butt and start being proactive! If you end up getting lynched and turn up town, then we can trust every word you posted. Including votes and FoS's. I personally think that would be more useful. We, as a town, would have 100% honest and truthful feedback and thoughts.
But also, what about the idea of a no-lynch? It makes sure we only lose one townie before day two. Thoughts?
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:21 am

Post by lobstermania »

Awesome.
So as far as I'm currently concerned, Deuxieme Octopus and ZazieR are the most pro-town players in the game.
I would still be very wary of afatchic and epitaph.
Adios.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”