Newbie 689 - Game Over - Town Wins

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:44 am

Post by LightWolf »

I don't want to start with a vote, first come some questions.
I checked some other games and saw these said many time:
- OMGUS
- WIFOM
- FoS

I know what the words mean (like Wine In Front Of Me), but I don't know how one of any of those looks like, if someone posts one I would like to know as soon as I see, if it's one of them. It would be good how people can use these to help themself. Hope it's not a problem to answer this, but I don't want to ruin the game because I use these wrong.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:23 am

Post by LightWolf »

Vote: _over9000

That name just wats to get a vote(over 9000 votes)

Lets spark those discussions!

Thank You MafiaSSK, but could you use Smiley and Person a toshow me how WIFOM works and there is that EBWOP, what does that mean?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:50 am

Post by LightWolf »

_over9000 wrote:
it's likely one if not both have already graced their presence in this thread. Who seems scummiest so far?
The only person who really stands out to me right now is LightWolf, only reason being that he gave a "random" vote disguised as a real vote. Definintely not enough to convict anyone, but it's certainly a start.

Also, how do you specify who you are quoting?
OMGUS- is Person B voting for person A who first voted for person B. For instance, Person A:Vote:Smiley Smiley:OMG YOU SUCK Vote person a.
You did not really say OMG you suck, but still you voted me just because I placed a random vote on you. All I wanted was to spark discussion to get this game going. :wink:
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea wrote:LightWulf, is this your first game of Mafia?
Yes it is sorry for not posting, had to learn hard for a test.

For now I
unvote
and check what has been posted while I was missing.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:02 am

Post by LightWolf »

Okay while chedcking I realized I can't really tell whats scummy and whats not. Could some give me explames(oh yeah and tell me how to spell that right) of tipical scummy posts and what to look for?(I'm such a noob :oops: )
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:05 am

Post by LightWolf »

Arafax not a problem, but I only have 2 votes on me not 3(You got the names right :wink: )

Fixed - Thanks man
Arafax
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:02 am

Post by LightWolf »

=[Waffles17]= wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Unvote, vote Waffles
Bandwagoning is horrible! Never do it.
Fine, Then how are we supposed to get going with the game?
Start a discussion that could show if someone is scum, bandwagoning makes you look like a scum(every FoS has your name Waffles)
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by LightWolf »

On my list there are _over9000, and Waffles.
_over did an OMGUS vote while Wffle bandwgoned.
Which would be the worse crime?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by LightWolf »

It seems you are right nad the bandwagon happened near the end of the RVS(if MafiaSSK is right and it really ended), but we will lynch someone who is sided with the town every newbie I did read started like that.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by LightWolf »

_over9000 wrote:LightWolf, since you're the only one not voting right now, who are you currently suspicious of?
I alredy said it: You did an OMGUS vote, while Waffle bandwagoned. I'm keepingmy eye on you 2.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by LightWolf »

Well this is my first FORUM mafia, I played few real life ones, and have been playing for a while on Epicmafia(A chat mafia), but only good with the logical part when it comes to telling who the scum is, I'm really bad(but I can tell if scum does something that does not make sense) the only things I did know before this newbie game was lylo and mylo.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:25 am

Post by LightWolf »

_over9000 wrote:
LightWolf wrote: I alredy said it: You did an OMGUS vote, while Waffle bandwagoned. I'm keepingmy eye on you 2.
As I stated before, my vote was not really an OMGUS; the way you worded the vote seemed suspicious. Now I see what you meant by the vote, but the reason I'm now suspicious of you is that you are the only one yet to actually have a vote cast.
I wanted to make sure, but you never stated that it was not an OMGUS vote. I checked all posts you made. I don't know if this lie makes you look like a scum, but my prime suspect is you right now(other is Waffles). Me not voting is because I'm new at forum mafia. As long you don't explain this I will
Vote:_over9000
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea wrote:
_over9000 wrote:The only person who really stands out to me right now is LightWolf, only reason being that he gave a "random" vote disguised as a real vote.
err... do you mean a real vote disguised as a "random" vote? :)

Yeah, that's what I meant, lol :)
If thats were you explain that it was not an OMGUS vote, then I won't change my vote. You could say that of any random vote, just to make your OMGUS vote do not look like one, and the biggest mistake is, you did the vote after you said this and MafiaSSK voted before you:
Having nothing else to go on, I'm gonna have to change my vote to LightWolf
as well
Formally,

unvote
vote: LightWolf
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:20 am

Post by LightWolf »

_over9000 wrote:
LightWolf wrote: If thats were you explain that it was not an OMGUS vote, then I won't change my vote. You could say that of any random vote, just to make your OMGUS vote do not look like one, and the biggest mistake is, you did the vote after you said this and MafiaSSK voted before you:
As i said before, I couldn't say that about any random vote, I said that because at the time, I didn't think it was really a random vote.

Also, what does MafiaSSK's voting for you have to do with me voting for you? More, what do the words you bolded have to do with anything? All that said was that there was already a vote on you and I agreed and went along with it.

It's beginning to make you seem suspicious again that your arguement is leading up to the wording of my posts.
There were some other random votes, but the only one you did think was a real vote is mine, what I wanted to point out is that you at that time just followed MafiaSSK's vote, and how can it be that you reason that your vote was not an OMGUS, before you even voted?

The following part may be random, but your vote was an OMGUS and your reasoning why it was not one is flawed in many ways:
1. Why did it look like it was a real vote, just because it was a vote against you? As there were many other random votes.
2. You just went with MafiaSSK's random vote when we were in RVS, where you have no reason to follow anyone, why did you follow him?
3. Your reason why it was not an OMGUS vote was not only before it was called one, but before you even did that OMGUS vote. Why was it before you voted?

Want to hear the answers to those 3 questions.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by LightWolf »

_over9000 wrote:
LightWolf wrote: 1. Why did it look like it was a real vote, just because it was a vote against you? As there were many other random votes.
2. You just went with MafiaSSK's random vote when we were in RVS, where you have no reason to follow anyone, why did you follow him?
3. Your reason why it was not an OMGUS vote was not only before it was called one, but before you even did that OMGUS vote. Why was it before you voted?
1. At the time, the way you had worded the vote seemed strange, you gave a reason for the vote even though it would have been completely acceptable to do a random vote.
2. I didn't "go with MafiaSSK", I pointed out that he was at the time voting for you and I, as well, wanted to.
3. This is because when that was originally posted, it was not designed as a defense. I was simply "thinking out loud", leading into my eventual vote for you.

I should also point out that you are accusing me of OMGUSing, but the last time you voiced your suspicions they were the two people voting for you.
All are accusing Waffles, and when MafiaSSK was still voting for me I did not accuse him of anything, and you are wrong with not giving a reason for my random vote. I checked some games and random votes had all a reason, strange ones, I did choose for my random vote someone whose name I liked and that was you, but reacting with an OMGUS vote made me suspicous of you, after that I removed my vote from you but only because I wanted to make a new not random vote, but you were still my target even then. By the way all did have a reason for thier random vote:
makemeameteor wrote:Cool, cool.

I guess to start things off I'll
Vote: idea
since he's had none. 8-)
Hoopla wrote:
_over9000 wrote:Well, to start this off, seeing as how I don'trecognize anyone's names, who are the ICs in this game?
MafiaSSK and VisMaior I believe.

And I'll add a friendly incentive for Waffles to get his ass here.

vote: Waffles17
_over9000 wrote:Since Waffles still isn't her yet,

vote: Waffles
Even your first random vote had a reason. As for the wording porblem my english sucks, realllllyyyyy sucks :( .
And last, your answer for question 3 is strange as yes it does tell why it is before the vote, but the reason for voting me is that my vote just like half of the other votes had a reason?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by LightWolf »

You still did not answer my last question, at the end of my last post.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:22 am

Post by LightWolf »

MafiaSSK read all from Post subject: 129, till Post subject: 137.
And he just like Waffles does not seem to want answer my last question.
He had no other reason to react to my vote by voting me other than an OMGUS vote, while he is suspecting me because I ask to much. I really think we are just 2 paranoid townies as it seems now, but who knows.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:00 am

Post by LightWolf »

The actions you keep refering to, but you never say what makes them look suspicius to you?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:14 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea wrote:
Hoopla wrote:...Nobody is going to hammer [Waffles]...they'd have needed a damn good reason...
how about -

not contributing - 4 fluff posts + 1 bandwagoning vote + 1 OMGUS vote
lurking / unreliable net access - 3 posting sessions in 9 days
bandwagoning - doesn't unvote after being told by IC that bandwagoning is bad
suspicious timing - 3 days of non-posting, then appears 2 hours after L-1 vote
ignoring questions - no clear answer re previous mafia experience
ignoring advice - no response to suggestions that L-2 is the time to claim

Waffles is not contributing -- if he contributes then i'll consider unvoting him
otherwise regardless of whether he's town or scum, he's adding to the confusion
the more confusion there is, the harder it is to find scum

however, i'm probably the most inexperienced player in the game...
so if both ICs agree that there's likely to be more useful info to come from Day 1, then i'll unvote for now
I have one problem with what you say, I'M the most inexperienced player here, other than that all are right.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:16 am

Post by LightWolf »

EBWOP:

And those are the things when looking for scum that I should look for?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:13 am

Post by LightWolf »

As I said I'm better at telling who lies logically(Lies something impossible), than telling who is scum. I'm really bad at that the times I played in real life were so long ago that I don't remember hwat we did back then, and on EpicMafia I usually flip a coin to tell who I think is maf(If I'm the cleared) :oops:
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:03 am

Post by LightWolf »

So we should discuss things a little before we lynch Waffles right?

I have a question about being cleared, like when Waffles bandwagoned on me and he turns out to be scum, will I be cleared as mafia had no chance to speak privatly with each other so a such strategy is impossible to set up or is it common to vote for your partner to make him look clean?

I'm the one asking the most here :shock:
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 am

Post by LightWolf »

Waffles as you are claiming Townie, I would like to ask what do you think of the recent events that you missed? Those in Post 183 made by idea.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by LightWolf »

Well as it seems most want this to end, I will now hammer.(It's really time now)
unvote, vote:Waffles
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:57 am

Post by LightWolf »

1) While yes I did hammer now, but I already had a chance to do that when Hoopla put Waffles L-1 for the first time.
2) Waffles, did not lie we know that now, but still his playstyle was not helping the town at all, now that he is gone we can focus on to get the real scum.
3) He was the only one who did vote with Waffles(who know was a townie) against Hoopla when he put him L-1, why this could mean anything I think I'm less suspicious on him than the others
4) MafiaSSK answered me alot of question in the start, I think he is doing his work right.
5) I'm thinking of you Hoopla, for puting him L-1 for the first time, but I'm more on to this two: MafiaSSK and _over9000.
This is taking too long. A week without claiming a tL1 and being told specifically by an IC that you should claim because its standard procedure and not doing it is bull.Unvote, vote Waffles
Even if "we" aren't 100% sure it's what we want to do, AT LEAST a majority are, and that's why we have the voting system. Someone just drop the hammer.
Why yes I did hammer, but I had another chance to do that which I never did.

As for no kill, why yes this could mean we have a doc, but without a kill we can't make anything out of this night(bad english). If someone did die we could gather informations out of that. The only thing that we know is, that if we really have a doc and he really saved then the saved is not a scum, but only the doc knows that.

BUT, I don't think it was a doc save. Someone said paranoia would overcome anyone if Waffles is not a scum. Not killing would make the town in such a paranoid state, that they have a doc who they can count on, and if there is no doc then can latter claim it, or if there is a doc the saved might be a scum who did not kill making him again look cleared.

Who ever said it, paranoia is really here.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:05 am

Post by LightWolf »

EBWOP:
Arafax wrote:VOTE COUNT

=[Waffles]= - 4 (TAX, idea, over_9000, Hoopla)
MafiaSSK - 1 (Vismaior)
over_9000 - 1 (Lightwolf)
Hoopla– 2 (makemeameteor, =[Waffles]=)

Takes 5 to lynch
This are the people who did vote for Waffles when he at L-1 for the first time
VOTE COUNT

=[Waffles]= - 5 (TAX, over_9000, Hoopla, MafiaSSK, Lightwolf)

Hoopla – 1 (=[Waffles]=)
makemeameteor - 1 (idea)
TAX - 1 (VisMaior)

Takes 5 to lynch and That's a lynch

=[Waffles]= Vanilla Townie has been lynched. It is now Night1. Those will roles need to get me their night action choices via PM. Day 2 will begin once I have them all.
This are the votes at the end of the day.

Now after checking this I'm less suspicious of MafiaSSK.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:15 am

Post by LightWolf »

I couldn't finish my EBWOP as I had to leave the computer to reach my bus, so I'm doing it now.

Right now my biggest suspect is _over9000. The first thing that made me think he is a scum was that OMGUS which we did speak of for some time, but that was not a big thing back then as we were still in the RVS. Now that we know that Waffles was a townie, the main reason he started looking suspicious to all was the bandwagon on me which was started by _over9000. This again is not a big thing, but good thing to remember. Now to the real thing: He was voting for him from both times when he was put L-1. 1 scum did sure vote for Waffles in the end and I think he is this one.

His rank on my list is +5 scum

Now come two people who did not do many scummy things, but thier votes where there in the end on Waffles, one of them is here because his vote was there both times and the other? Well he is one of our ICs you will see why he is here.

TAX: Already stated above why he is here so of the other

MafiaSSK: I realized this when looking at the votes, first I thougth, "He had the chance just like me when Waffles was first at L-1 to hammer" but then I realized " Wait a second! He is an IC, he would be never so dumb to hammer a person who he knows is pro-town if he would be maf!" What he is doing seems like a way to get townie lynched by controlling the things from the back. Remember the"Good job _over9000" post, where said how he pointed out the not claiming was scummy? That indeed seems like a try to controll things. He seems to use his IC status to do that, we are trying to depend on the ICs to much in many posts and if one is a scum it makes the whole town an easy target.

With so many things against him why is he ranked the same as the little TAX who did just have his vote on the wrong person at the wrong time?[/sarcasm]
The thing is we can only assume all this, we have no proof only things against him are his "Good job _over9000" post and the
No Kill N1 was probably because the newbies weren't able to choose a player to kill.
post, which could be another controll try.

They are the +2 scum rank.

Next comes the +1 with the lone Hoopla, all alone. He is in the same position as TAX, but he put him in a L-1 state which would be really risky for a scum if he turns out to be a townie, so his ranked lower, but still only a bit.

Another lone one in the rare 0 scums, the other IC VisMaior. He is an IC and did not say to much in my eyes, I just have nothing that Ican say about him he can be anything, but there is nothing scummy about him.

Atlast we reach a pair of makemeameteor and idea.
First I think idea seems to be the best here(please be townie), nothing scummy, but still not cleared this all could be a briliant plan from him(damn you mass paranoia!!!)

Now to the other one, mmam(Sorry to long name). He was the only one who fund it strange that Hoopla put him at L-1(After MafiaSSK puit him to L-2, it had no use that would be enough to make him claim(how did I not notice that back then)) But still not cleared and to few posts for more information.

What we know for sure, we have to stop to wait or rely on what ICs say and think, We could be controlled by one of them!

If anyone has to add something to this(only on someone else, all would say they are townie) so I'm asking for what others think from others, I mainly want to hear someone about me, idea could you speak where you would rank me and why?

And to make it clear this is just a FoS list, anyone could be townie or scum here.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:15 am

Post by LightWolf »

MafiaSSK wrote:
_over9000 wrote:Honestly, I don't think it was that big of a deal that Hoopla wanted to know Waffle's role, in fact I find it even more strange that Waffles was so reluctant to reveal it.
This is a great post. Who else do you find suspicious?
This is the "Good job _over9000" which I was referring to. Just to make it clear.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:36 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea it makes me paranoid as so many things can be assumed from a night kill, like why was he killed? Was it needed to get him out of the way?
But now there is only one question, that can come up: Was it a doc save or mafia did not kill?

Don't worry I got all what I wanted from the posting with _over9000.

I'm waiting for MafiaSSK to answer: Why he did say
No Kill N1 was probably because the newbies weren't able to choose a player to kill.
This not asking him for help this time, I'm suspecting him.(Don't forget stop trusting the ICs in everything)

I see no reason to no kill because they can't choose, more like they didn't want to choose.

And I want to ask something, what is better for town:
- A mylo with 2 cleared and 2 not cleared with 1 maf and then have a lylo after no lynching
- There will be no mylo, we reach lylo by lynching then someone getting killed in the night and we reach lylo that way

I'm asking this because if we lynch one maf and there is a kill and a lynch every day we will reach the first version.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 am

Post by LightWolf »

TAX wrote:Not Nking make me paranoid as well. I'm thinking they did not want to NK someone. They are trying to set someone up. Example TownieA accidentally does something suspicious, TownieB accuses TownieA of being mafia. During the Night TownieB is killed and everyone thinks TownieA is scum.
You mean: Not killing make me paranoid as well. I'm thinking they did not want kill someone?

And that would never work with that logic, but I agree the scum is planing a kill that will confuse us for sure. Let's add to your idea:

TownieA accuses TownieB, but is accused by TownieC, while TownieD is with TownieA, but TownieE thinks TownieC is right. At the night TownieA gets killed. We could think TownieC+E are scum, but that would be to easy so we suspect TownieD who did think TownieA was right, but the scum maybe knows we would think that why. We never know if scum makes himself look scum by the kill or someone other. Scum always thinks when killing what we will think about the kill, but lets never forget in our current state only maf knows for sure if it was a doc save or not. Right now I think one of the ICs is scum(not sure) if thats right I would like to hear both why they would have nked if they were maf(It's only safe to ask both, both ICs being scum would be a bit strange)
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post by LightWolf »

Well Hoopla please answer this question yourself first
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:25 am

Post by LightWolf »

Hoopla wrote:
LightWolf wrote: You mean: Not killing make me paranoid as well. I'm thinking they did not want kill someone?

And that would never work with that logic, but I agree the scum is planing a kill that will confuse us for sure. Let's add to your idea:

TownieA accuses TownieB, but is accused by TownieC, while TownieD is with TownieA, but TownieE thinks TownieC is right. At the night TownieA gets killed. We could think TownieC+E are scum, but that would be to easy so we suspect TownieD who did think TownieA was right, but the scum maybe knows we would think that why. We never know if scum makes himself look scum by the kill or someone other.
This is a useless hypothetical dripping with WIFOM.
LightWolf wrote:only maf knows for sure if it was a doc save or not
And the doctor presuming there is one.
LightWolf wrote:Well Hoopla please answer this question yourself first
Why exactly are you reluctant to answer?
idea raised a good point, if you ask a question you should answer it to. As for the doctor part, that is wrong if it was really a nk, then the doc if there is one could think his saved is clear.

As for an answer for you question: I would have killed MafiaSSK, Town could make nothing out of that kill, this nights kill can't happen without the killed not pointing at someone after he dies(What I mean who he suspected before he died)

And while yes it's WIFOM, but it will happen we can't avoid it in the end.

Now could you answer your own question?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 am

Post by LightWolf »

By planing a kill, I meant that the next kill would be something that would confuse us, blame my bad english for not saying they will plan.

What you say means we accept that we have a doc, and his target is a sure townie? If we don't have any proof for that the scum did indeed target someone at the night, then it could mean that we lose if we are wrong.

As for the paranoia, I really wish that there would have been a night kill then we could have a lead atleast, but right now we have nothing that is really scummy.

What I meant for both ICs being scum has a really low chance, as this game is here for us to learn, both ICs being maf would be unfair for town as they mostly follow the ICs as they have more experience. And you are again asking an IC for help about this no night kill. I already said it that we should not rely on them to much, by telling us a simple lie they could simply do what they want, I know that ICs are here to help us, but if they are maf they can use their status to win as mafia, they are playing to win just like all here. I already said that some of MafiaSSK's posts already look like such controll tries. So
FoS on MafiaSSK

And could you answer Hooplas question? Saying it depends on partner can mean anything, but I would like to hear who your target was if he would be not your partner and why?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:23 am

Post by LightWolf »

TAX wrote:
IF you were mafia, who would you have attempted to kill last night?
This is a flawed question, why you might ask. If we were mafia we would know how is mafia and how is town. As some of the people answering this question are town. So we won't know who is mafia and who is town. So I might say I would have killed this person and they end up being mafia.

LW, I think the scenario you did is too complicated to work.

Hoopla, you are making me more suspicious of you for asking all these questions and trying not to answer them. It make me think you don't want to answer to avoid saying something suspicious.
While yes it is complicated, if there will be a kill next night it will surely try to make the town lynch a townie, I'm pretty sure we will see an even complicated one because no one has only one suspect.

As for the Hoopla part I think you are right. When idea said that because his first question I realized that. What I find even more strange is his answer, that he does not want to say it because he does not want to influence the others. If he fears that why did he ask the question in the first place?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by LightWolf »

makemeameteor wrote:
idea wrote:
LightWolf wrote: if so, then it is a bad question -- it is not in town's interest to advise scum who they should kill
This, coupled with his refusal to answer his own questions (Perhaps waiting so he knows how to answer while seeming the most pro-town), have made me increasingly concerned about him.

FOS Hoopla

Still looking at over9000 and LW.
mmam, I understand that you are looking at me but what is that quote???

VisMaior, I have few questions to you but first about not understanding me but because my bad english I can't say most of the things I think of.

Now for the questions:

You said I need more XP, so could you help me by telling me simple things to look for? I already asked this, but did not get a real answer back then.

When we were first time at L-1, no one did hammer. Why do you think they did not do that?

Could you add a list how much scumpoints and TowniePoints each of us have on your list?

Do you think that _over9000's vote now was an OMGUS?

And the last one: About bandwagoning, you did say many things about that so could you exactly tell me what was your problem with people speaking about that?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:34 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea wrote:
@Lightwolf - all the quotes attributed to me in your post 274 are wrong

you are missing a 'close quotes' tag
-- every 'opening' quotes tag needs a 'closing' quotes tag
when quoting, i use the
Preview
button before posting -- it is to the left of the Submit button[/quote]
Thats not my failure, I just quoted mmam post because the thing is I don't know what he is quoting from who.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:18 am

Post by LightWolf »

"
idea wrote:
LightWolf wrote: if so, then it is a bad question -- it is not in town's interest to advise scum who they should kill
This, coupled with his refusal to answer his own questions (Perhaps waiting so he knows how to answer while seeming the most pro-town), have made me increasingly concerned about him.

FOS Hoopla

Still looking at over9000 and LW."

That was mmam's post. I think he wanted all but that part deleted but forgot to remove:
LightWolf wrote:. When I quoted his post I wanted to have the orginal there,so I did not remove any part of the
idea wrote:. I did indeed quote his post.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:30 am

Post by LightWolf »

_over9000 wrote:I have a comment on just about everything in VisMaior's post, but, I'm going to save my in-depth response for tomorrow. Until then, here are a couple big ones: (ALL QUOTES BY VISMAIOR)
56 by over urging to kill someone-> quicklynch BAD! again, this is half a scumpint Also, he bandwagons Lightwolf, then later uses bandwagonning as a reason to vote Waffles.
83 By MaffiaSSk : says never to bandwagon. This is BS!!!! +1 scumpoints
So, I'm scum for bangwagoning, but it's BS that one shouldn't bangwagon?
204 by over: "I'm not even the one being targeted and I can answer that for him " +3 scumpoints for defending TAX instead of TAX. huge scumtell.
I can't try and prevent the town from lynching someone I don't think is a suspect?
208 by over: " I was one of the first to vote for Waffles, was I not?" Irrelevant. "And I was voting for him before he got "bandwagoned", was I not?" Irrelevant. I was not aiming for the actual content, just bad reasoning. Bad reasoning=scummy.
But you said yourself there's nothing wrong with bandwagoning.
196 by over: "who casts a vote toward the lynchee is just as guilty of killing them as everyone else, the person hammering them just happened to get there last" NO!!!!!!NOO!!!!!!NOOOOOO!!!! The nonhammerers are not killing the guy. The hammerer does. Also, the circumstances of the hammering are very important. Having said that, the hammerer is usually scum in newbie Day1s when the victim is town.
LightWolf hammered Waffles, who was town. If that's so, why isn't he on your suspicions list? In fact, you said yourself he gave off a "town vibe".
200 by over: "I also find it a bit strange that you choose my one weak reason out of many strong ones that I should be scum" So are there many strong reasons for you to be scum then?

No, that's far from the meaning of my post. My point was that, of the many strong defenses I gave (none of which you had any comment on), he chose the one that was admittedly flawed.
215 by over: no you didnt just pushed by voting and saying he is suspicious. You tried to persuade people to lynch him.
I tried to persuade people to lynch him because I thought he was scummy and not helpful to the town. What exactly is wrong with that?

Again regarding Lightwolf, you make many accusations toward him, but nearly all of these have to do with inexperience. As an IC, isn't your job to answer these questions without attacking him? And yet, you still give him a "town vibe"?

I'm currently suspecting LW (for reasons I haven't got to yet, therefore not FOS for now) and, based on his flawed logic, am ready to

Vote: VisMaior
1. The problem is that you first bandwagoned on me, then you did vote for Waffles because he did the same thing.

2. I don't know if it is, asking the other IC if defending someone other is scummy

3. He had no problem in that one with bandwagoning, the problem was your bad reasoning.

4. MAybe because I had the chance to hammer him already, but I did not. Remember the first time he was L-1? Also what is this "townie vibe"?

5. One little slip is what the town is looking for when finding the scum, isn't that right?

6. Even I did think he was scummy thats why I hammered him. Same question, what exactly is wrong with that?

7. Please tell us those reasons, I know idea asked me not do the samething what I did last day so if thats why you did not post it yet don't worry.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by LightWolf »

_over9000 wrote:Another point: LightWolf just defended VisMaior, which is exactly what VM accused me for doing to TAX. By his logic, aren't LightWolf and VisMaior now also a potential scumpair?
If I would have worded it right, 6 would have actualy defended you :?

as for 1 and 2:

You first bandwagoned on me, then voted Waffles because he bandwagoned on me to.

What I meant that I want to hear if MafiaSSK says defending someone else is scummy.

And now that you point out, I did not get what the bad reasoning in that was, and why he isn't accusing me? Being inexperienced does not make me less suspicious than the others. And my post was mostly to make things more clear to me by asking more questions.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by LightWolf »

EBWOP: And I already said, I won't follow any IC in anything that is not a question like the ones I asked. Of we rely on them to much then if one of them is scum we could be fooled. But I'm not saying to lynch any of them without any proof.

And to make 6 even more clear: Everyone who voted Waffles was more than ready to hammer him. Saying that the hammerer is the most guilty is not right, without the others I could have never hammered him. I'm with you in the: One of the scum did vote for Waffles, _over9000.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:33 am

Post by LightWolf »

VisMaior wrote:Also, chances are that both scum were on the Waffles wagon. Experience tells me this again.
I think I said the same, the scum was voting for him. And could you tell me what townie vibe is?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:46 am

Post by LightWolf »

And what is PBPA? And do you think MafiaSSK should be proded?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:20 am

Post by LightWolf »

MafiaSSK wrote:Sorry. Was lurking on purpose this time. I just wanted to see how you scumhunted with littler IC help.
The only IC help I got from you was on the first few pages answering questions. Now could you please comment on VisMaior's big post? (And someone tell me already what PBPA is!)
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:01 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea wrote:PBPA = Post By Post Analysis
Now I hope there is nothing else I have to ask for(Who I'm trying to fool with that?)
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:47 am

Post by LightWolf »

Hoopla wrote:
vote: MafiaSSK
Could we hear the reason for this vote?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:40 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea wrote: over9000 and LightWolf started squabbling in the RVS and continued throughout D1 and into D2
(this makes both of them look scummy, but as it's a newbie game maybe they're just both paranoid townies)
While yes we were doing that D1, but tell how did we do that D2?

Hoopla you made another post with: "I will tell it after...". It was not a so big problem for the first questions but then the next question waqs strange. Now with this: you will tell us the reason for the vote after MafiaSSK did his PBPA, makes you look scummy. It was already said that you could just adjust your reason to what MafiaSSK says. And I muist say nice one with TAX idea. The way he is posting now(is he even posting?) really changed from D1 over N1. The only post I think was answering Hoopla's first questions. Right now I'm waiting for MAfiaSSK's PBPA and will see what the differences between the two PBPA's made by the ICs
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:46 am

Post by LightWolf »

EBWOP: Actualy TAX's last post was after VisMaior's
That was
days ago. Arafax could you prod him?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (isolation #47) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:18 am

Post by LightWolf »

TAX wrote:MMAM, Over is not really that inactive, I think you over thinking it.

MSSK, Just because he shows hesitation doesn't mean he wont vote for you.
He did not post for more than 3 days now(same reason MafiaSSK was proded). If it turns out _over9000 is lurking for the same reason as TAX and MafiaSSK then there are some problems here.

So could _over9000 be proded if he does not post soon?
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:06 am

Post by LightWolf »

I'm away for so little time and that happens?
Well Hoopla I don't think it has much use who my top suspects are as your point is pretty clear now but here is it: I made my scumm list some times ago the only thing that did change that MafiaSSK, TAX and _over are all on the top now. The worst case could be if mmam turns out to be town and we only fund one maf or if he is maf one of the cop claims is maf(Hoopla could be getting his partner lynched to look clear)
Also I find it strange that MafiaSSK is not saying a word when he was called mafia by the cop for some time now.

We've got one maf for sure lynching mmam will sure tell us one. mmam sorry if you are town, but this is the best choice for the town if we don't have another cop to claim.

Vote: makemeameteor
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 am

Post by LightWolf »

Hoopla if you are not maf I musst say nice job 8-)
It's only day2 but you got them already.
MafiaSSK post already :x
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:15 am

Post by LightWolf »

EBWOP: oh and idea vote mmam and let him self hammer or VisMaior could hammer. He claimed scumm already no reason not to vote.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:18 am

Post by LightWolf »

Forgot that MafiaSSK had his vote on him already. Well atleast he helped us with that.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:30 am

Post by LightWolf »

idea wrote:
TAX wrote:MMAM just admited he was mafia. So hoopla is cop.
why did MMAM out himself? so we'd think Hoopla is cop?
if over9K was cop then it's best he counterclaimed as soon as possible
if over9K is scum, then what possible reason could he have for counterclaiming?
if MMAM says he's scum, then i guess he's scum
but i need to think about the rest of it.... i'm rather confused....
(i'm still waiting for answers to my questions to over9K and Hoopla)

ok, come in VM and MafiaSSK -- help sort it all out :)
Look if mmam turns out to be maf the other is _over or hoopla that is pretty clear, if he is townie then hoopla is bad and his partner could be anyone. Lynching mmam is the best choice and he already admited he is maf.
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:31 am

Post by LightWolf »

EBWOP: and it's to late idea _over hammered
LightWolf
LightWolf
Townie
LightWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:42 am

Post by LightWolf »

TAX wrote:EBWOP Idea I guess your right that, MMAM could be saying that just to make Hoopla seem innocent.
If mamm is maf then one of the cop claim is maf I told you that. We lynch one of them next day if mmam is really maf. If there is a kill at night we will be with 6 people next day and we can afford a miss lynch, but he is town then we lynch Hoopla.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”