Newbie 626 - Completed Successfully (dependent on town POV)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:01 am

Post by Freckles »

Sorry I'm late, I expected a PM when the thread was unlocked sorry...
Limited to no access until 18 August.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Freckles »

vote: neko2086
The randomizer has spoken.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Freckles »

No, it did not. I will surely have words with said randomizer.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Freckles »

My, what a nice OMGUS you've got there. I guess this early on, there's nothing else to go on, so I'm not mad at ya.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Freckles »

Cus when I scrolled up, I thought I saw that someone else had unvoted for him, so I figured mine didn't matter. I just rechecked and saw that that was not the case.

Unvote
(for now)

At some point, someone will have to have 3 votes, but I will wait until I have more than a randomizer to go on...
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Freckles »

Haha, ok, ignored :)
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Freckles »

Gimmy, it was unbolded voted, followed by the bolded vote by the same person that confused me. Being an airhead does not make me scum. I'm not going to defend this point any further.

But, as I said earlier, someone's gotta have 3 voted eventually *shrug*

@ Neko, the "for now" comment was a joke. (that'll teach me.)
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Freckles »

I'm looking a little bit at Mama, who for posting as much as she is, really isn't saying a whole lot.

But, I'm not ready to vote yet, I will take another look at things when I'm not so tired.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by Freckles »

Good point Neko.

I will surely take a good look at mispeled (among others)
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Freckles »

I am clumsy, mispeled, you've got that right. I'm also a "she" :)

*points out that avatar is of self*

As for the OMGUS thing, I was under the impression it was, in fact, empty revenge.

All this, and I'm not one bit closer to knowing for whom to vote :(
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:05 am

Post by Freckles »

I feel like a bit of a lurker myself. I know I haven't posted much of substance. I definitely don't want to do something stupid (again). So I'm taking my time.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Freckles »

Nope, no PMs. Should my feelings be hurt?
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Freckles »

Well, we now know that Grimmy is a chatty lad :) I don't know that I agree with his case against Neko, Neko seems to have defended himself to my satisfaction. I would say that he is trying to put heat on someone other than himself, which is scummy, but I can't see a baddie being that long-winded, in my experience, that doesn't happen.

Always happy to be proven wrong, so I'm keeping one eye on each of them (I hope they don't go in opposite directions :P)
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Freckles »

The case against Grimmy is looking stronger, but I'm going to go through the thread again myself before I make a final decision. Relying solely on other people's opinions (however true they may be) has not served me well in the past.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Freckles »

Yeah...I'm ready

Vote: Grimmy
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Freckles »

Kang being nightkilled gives us so little to work with. *shakes fist at scum* And all these replacements are so hard to keep up with :(

The whole Neko Vs Grimmy, and Grimmy being town looks bad for Neko, but it's too obvious, I think, so I don't think Neko is scum.

I remember thinking at one point that MamaLuigi seemed scummy, but now I can't remember exactly why (dammit!) A re-read is definitely in order.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Freckles »

I'm here, sorry for lurking. Family in from out of country and military obligations have kept me stupid busy.

I will take a look over the thread when I get home tonight, promise. As for explaining my vote on Grimmy, I don't remember of hand, but I'll 'splain tonight.

Sorry again, guys.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Freckles »

Ok, I'm back. I remember now that my vote for Grimmy was based mostly on the fact that despite the fact that my D1 clumsiness was just that, and everyone was satisfied that it was an honest mistake (which it was...there's a reason I'm in a newbie game) he continued to hammer it into the ground.

Call it OMGUS if you want, but seems to me that the only reason someone would beat a dead horse is because they saw a chance for someone other than themselves to take heat, and didn't want to let it go. Obviously, I was wrong, but hopefully you can see where I was coming from.

Am I surprised that I didn't find MamaLuigi more suspicious my first time around. As far as I can tell, his only goal in this game is to confuse and/or annoy people. I'm not entirely convinced it's scumminess and not just annoyingness (is that a word) so I'll

FoS: MamaLuigi
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Freckles »

Yeah, yeah, I'm here. Reading now.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Freckles »

I've read the thread, and fear I am more lost than I was before reading :( All the replacements, coupled with the fact that, apparently, I am the only *actual* newbie in this game, has my head spinning.

The whole Syz thing seems to me that he made his doc claim thinking it would go over well with town, and when it didn't, he changed his tune. I would *think* that someone as seasoned as he obviously is, would look at something as fundamental as the game set up before pulling a stunt like that.

As for I.H. voting "to get the discussion going" isn't a tactic that makes much sense to me, but then, I really am new here, and that might be common practice, so I don't know if it's scummy or not.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:44 pm

Post by Freckles »

I'm not sure what you mean, Syz. I'm not posting because I don't know what to say, and last time I posted something to that effect, I was called scummy for that. So, damned if I do, damned if I don't. I put in the only 2 cents I have at the moment. *shrug*

Noted, Neko.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Freckles »

At the risk of this sounding like me "playing the newbie card" again, I *AM* a newbie. This is my second game, so I'm sorry if the fact that I'm still getting the hang of things comes off as "crap" If you don't want to play with newbies, don't join a newbie game...

I've mentioned already that the person that sticks out the most to me is Syz, and that hasn't changed. It isn't likely to. If anything, it's strengthened by his 2 "IGMEOYs" right after each other. To me, it looks like an attempt to shift attention to anyone other than himself.

vote: Syzygy
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Freckles »

Thanks, Neko. I did want to remind everyone that I'm new, but only to explain why I haven't been as talkative as others.

I appreciate your advice, and will be careful :)
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Freckles »

Mispeled wrote: The only player I'm not liking at this point is Freckles, for her (essential) hammer on Grimmy. It doesn't make sense that she didn't post that in the first place, and I just looked back, and it's completely inconsistent with what really happened.
Freckles wrote:I remember now that my vote for Grimmy was based mostly on the fact that despite the fact that my D1 clumsiness was just that, and everyone was satisfied that it was an honest mistake (which it was...there's a reason I'm in a newbie game) he continued to hammer it into the ground.

Call it OMGUS if you want, but seems to me that the only reason someone would beat a dead horse is because they saw a chance for someone other than themselves to take heat, and didn't want to let it go. Obviously, I was wrong, but hopefully you can see where I was coming from.
Grimmy's first post was the only one that even
dealt
with her.
Grimmy wrote:I will skip the joke voting just this once, because someone already slipped up and made ashowing of their colors.

Vote: Freckles

When it was pointed out that you put Neko at L-2, you posted that you woudl have words with the randomizer, yet did NOT unvote. You said later that you saw an unvote above yours, but this is not true as the only post above your words with randomizer post was Neko telling you that you put her at L-2

I'm confused though, because you wanted to lynch syz when he claimed doc. So now, he's claimed townie and confessed to lying, and... you believe him?
I never wanted to lynch him. I only said that his actions were very anti-town. Anti-town is not the same as scummy.
This whole thing against me isn't true. Not in the least. First of all, my vote for Grimmy was not a hammer at all. Second, just because his first post is the only one you bothered to quote, does not mean it was the only one that dealt with me. Get your facts straight before you mount a campaign.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Freckles »

In my humble, but godlike opinion, baiting scum is risky, but if you know what you're doing (which I wouldn't) I don't see why it couldn't work out. The downside though, is that you then have to convince others that that's what you were doing, hence the risk factor.

As for believing him or not...I'm on the fence, leaning a bit towards not.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Freckles »

Apparently Amor thinks it's between myself and Neko, and as I know my role, I took a good look at Neko's game.

Post 3, he casts the first vote of the game, for Mispeled. (Obviously random.)
25. Voted for me for putting him at L-2. (We've covered this, I'm retarded.)
By post 52 He is very controlling of the game, throwing around accusations as rapidly as defenses. (Hard to make sense of, and/or follow his opinion.)
Grimmy made a PBPA of Neko, which I admit, I didn't take to heart much as I was pretty sure Gimmy was scum. I quote much of that PBPA now:

My PBPA of Neko
----------------------
P3, joke vote
P15, questions Mamaluigi’s vote on Neko, May be OMGUS. Asks for logic behind vote
p20, ML says he doesn’t like Neko with eye rolls
P23, Neko informs freckles that this is her third vote on her.
P25, OMGUS vote on freckles for not unvoting note that she attacks my posts when I vote for the same reason.
P35, says its not OMGUS because she has reason for the vote, questions if freckles will vote her again.
weak case for vote, weak case against declaring OMGUS on it.
P40, acknowledges Freckles joke, unvotes freckles, declares Grimmy’s reason for voting Freckles as “forced”
This last part seems like a “If I’m not voting her anymore, why are you?
P41, edits prior post
P48, dismisses Grimmy’s reason for voting Freckles as irrelevant. Asks who is more suspicious, Freckles or ML.
Again, trying to lead other peoples votes is suspicious. Is she protecting Freckles or trying to lead the votes?
P52, dimisses ML’s reasons for his gameplay, follows up with an attack on ML (which many of us were doing at this point BTW, but this seems to be Neko’s way of playing) More bully tactics
P54, avoids Kangs question and turns it back on him.
P56, acknoledges ML’s possible shift in game play

Summary.
Neko has been overly aggressive in this game to the point where she is trying to lead everyones votes and discussions, and has been very controlling with her responses. The bullyign tactics are very scummy, as is the hypocracy vote (voting for me for stretching for votes when we are 4 days in and not many people have posted, accusing BM of scum leading when you did the same)
-------------

87. Says that the game can, and has to be, played without WIFOM. (though, it seems to me that anytime anyone brings up a valid point of discussion with which he disagrees, he brushes it off as WIFOM and says it's pointless.)
95. I said that he had defended himself to my satisfaction (which I take back now, having thoroughly read the case on him)

114. He demands we either jump on a badwagon or present a case (to be fair, we were under deadline)
118. Neko tied Grimmy for most votes
131. he tells us to look at Kang and Occult if Grimmy turns up scum. (Why??)
144. I point out Grimmy being town looks bad for Neko but that it may be too obvious and I think he's ok (again, I take it back)
145. Neko mentions doubts about ML, says Occult feels like scum, calls me awkward and says Msldr is wishy-washy. (That's a lot of suspicion to through around in one post...)
164. Votes ML and demands he defend himself. (I am under the impression that you don't vote for someone until you've heard their defense and find it weak. You don't give your judgment before the trial)
178. He's still on about D1 (?)
193. Unvotes and says he's not opposed to a IH lynching today.
203. More WIFOM accusations.
210. Asks Syz for a hardclaim
213. Nudges NC about his stance on IH
216. Is disappointed when Syz admits vanilla
241. Agress Syz's IGMEOYs were suspicious, votes Syz
255. Says it's ok to bait scum, but that's not what IH was doing, he was making a case against ML.
265 Mentions NC as cop, who NC suspected and doesn't really say much.

These are not all of his posts, just the ones I found of note. Now, as per my above stated belief, I will not vote before hearing a defense.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Freckles »

Neko, you saw how long it took me to put that post together, I never said you were the only one I was looking at, you're just the only one I've posted about as of yet.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Freckles »

At the moment, no, I can't, I'm drunk :D

But I can say that if I were ready to vote, I'd have voted. When I started making that post, Amor's "Frecks or Neko" bit was the only thing I had read, so it was the only thing I had commented on.

I do plan to look more into other players, for sure.

As for the case or analysis against you, the main thing I see is your apparent need for controlling the game and everyone in it. I seemed that anyone that didn't play to your liking was either scummy, or just plain wrong. To me, this screams scum.
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Freckles »

I'm sorry you guys have been waiting on me. I posted in my sig that I have limited, to no access until August 18 (obviously I have a bit as I'm here, but not enough time to construct the post(s) I need to.)

I'm sorry I didn't post my hiatus in the thread, I thought the sig would suffice :(
Freckles
Freckles
Townie
Freckles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Freckles »

I'm sorry, I totally thought I'd be toast by now. I'm here.

As for Indigo's claim, I'm not sure it holds water. I've never been a power role before so it's hard for me to think with the "what would I do" scenario. I'm leaning towards believing him (or falling for it, whichever applies).

I'm sorry I'm so lurky, I guess I'm not as attentive as the rest of you, and I only post when I have something to say. I know that's not much of a defense, but it's the truth, so that's what I give you as opposed to some BS post that you're not going to buy anyway.

*shrug*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”