Newbie 580 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:56 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Hi and the replacement for...er.... cerebus3, meet you all and i shall be reading over the other pages then analyzing the lot of you so.. cheers
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:03 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

oops sorry
Hi and the replacement for...er.... cerebus3, meet you all and i shall be reading over the other pages then analyzing the lot of you so.. cheers
Correction: Hi I am the replacement for ...er... cerebus3, nice to meet you all. I shall be reading over this (or at least trying too) and the analyze the lot of you ... so cheers.
"Kitten, your the only person I know that can wander in to a game. Die, and leave with a list of emails" - Ej
"Well my philosophy is that if I think your adorable and/or awesome fun in the game I'm going to want something." - me :)
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:07 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

OK, nothing i have read over the last 19 pages has made much sense to me because nearly everybody has been replaced at some point and its confusing. so i want you all to do me and awesome favour while i go over it all a few more times.
can i have everybody's views of the other plays so far other then me and give logical reasons why you think that, so i can get an idea on how each of you see things and your beliefs on who is scum of not.
Thank you.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:23 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

curiouskarmadog, why not?
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:49 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Okay, I'll live with that.
Well, call me kitten, not pink, I'm more use to it.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Muerrto, when i meant examples it was more quote wise. And the amount of help I am getting for a newbie game is really weird these games are about teach those that are new, but no one is really willing to help out with what they think. Who are the IC player in tnhis game?
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

What is OMGUS mean?
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Thanks.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Am I the only female in this game? cos this is Hacks if I am.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

last time I played a game like this I nearly got lynched for being female.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

I was the cop too it was horrible... I was going to die.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

im good to deal Muerrto Im usually at school but im on holidays till monday

Vote Count

BridgesAndBaloons - 3 (Amor, td, Muerrto)

Amor - 1 (curiouskarmadog)
curiouskarmadog - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
WeyounsLastClone - 1 (JimSauce)

Not Voting - 3 (BridgesAndBaloons, pinkkitten90, Radio_Interference)

5 to Lynch
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Awesome.... how long is that day wise?
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

BnB its easy to get exasperated over the length these games go for. even as a replacement i think 19 pages and like a month 1/2 is way too long.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

What did i do wrong? :,(

ok from what i can tell a lot of you are anti BnB
except TI .... hes just an enigma to me at the moment... whats with the writting style it highly confusing to under stand and work with
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

oops i ment RI****
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:52 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

my defence to what? the first part was a joke and if he is seriously thinking Im scum by what the person before me did, I think that is bull. i was no redirecting any were i was stating two things i had noted which i often do.
i wasnt calling his play style confusing i was talking about the way he sets out each post.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:02 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Muerrto: on that thought after reading that. why are you saying I'm his partner. you cant judge me with out learning how I play. its like me going to the very beginning of the game and assessing you guy all on the first lot that went through.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

I still think that it is bull. but I'll deal with it.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:15 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Ok, If you look on the first page it tells you who is IC and who is not.. I AM NOT IC. this is my third ever game on this site (on of which i had to leave due to a grounding towards the beginning of day one,) and i had never come across that abbreviation.

Now here is my Analysis
PG 1- Random voting. so effort of actual game play by Occult (Er... i think thats Muerrto now) which is fueled by preatorian (now ..oh me) but it mostly gets ignored except for a few What the? questions that go no where.

PG 2- Deadline is hinted, Occult agrees and WeyounsLastClone (still himself) jumps on him for deadlining on page 2 which he accidentally says is page 3. which occult replys with a LAL policy. Amor replaces phael and FOS WLC for being aggressive and putting Occult on L-2.
RI dissappears for a few days... 5 days and preatorian inquires about it.
Jim FOS occult for the agreeing to deadline.
WLC then trys to cover up the last conversation between him and Occult by saying
kay. The page 2/3 thing was a mistake, not a lie. And if we want to get some discussion going, and possibly the scum revealing themselves, I think a lynch -2 isn't so bad. It might actually get somethings happening around here.

That said, I think Occult is returning my favor with his 'two reasons' and then listing three. Very Happy
his reply to the missing radio is
As for the lack of Radio_interference, it's actually good without that noise...
conversation in sues on how useful Occults incoragment of the dead line is.

ENTER BnB

PG 3-
page opens with backinblack posting something that i agree with from the last page.
My Thoughts: Occult's agreement on the topic of the game needing a deadline isn't inherently scummy, but it isn't exactly the most helpful thing to town at the moment.
In my mind, WLC's immediate jumping on him to put Occult to L-2 seems a little stranger in my book, but both of these posts could simply have been meant as catalysts for activity.
BnB's enterance was
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Hi, I'm replacing ZaneWasHere

It's my first game. Woohoo!

Now to business,
I think we need to go ahead and lynch someone, it works in favor for us. (or at least thats what the general idea tends to be).

I think Occult wasn't helping the town with his deadline suggestion. His posts seem a bit scummy to me, but its my first game, so maybe I'm wrong.

he also voted for Zanewashere, who I am now, so it's kind of pay back.

Vote: Occult
Which is soo wrong, you dont just enter a game and then say a quick lynch is a good lynch(you first game too) and vote for someone. Its like WTF?

Jim was right away there with advise on how it was a great idea but not for this point in the game in his post.

Welcome, Bridges!

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Hi, I'm replacing ZaneWasHere
It's my first game. Woohoo!

Now to business,
I think we need to go ahead and lynch someone, it works in favor for us. (or at least thats what the general idea tends to be).

It works in favor if we have enough evidence of the person's alignment. Occult's posts aren't enough to warrant a lynch, though I think his approval of a deadline is very scummy. Days usually last weeks or months at a time. The more information in the thread, the better for the town.

Bridges wrote:
I think Occult wasn't helping the town with his deadline suggestion. His posts seem a bit scummy to me, but its my first game, so maybe I'm wrong.

he also voted for Zanewashere, who I am now, so it's kind of pay back.

Vote: Occult

You're doing well so far. Be careful where you place your votes, and make sure you always know how many the player has before voting. There's always the risk of accidentally lynching a player or putting them at lynch-1, which allows the scum to hammer (unless the mafia are already voting for him).

Also, if you find anything scummy about Occult other than his deadline approval, you should point it out. It gives him something to argue against.

BnB and Occult argue extensivly for a couple of post then BnB completely 180's saying it was all just a ploy to get people playing. which is confusing and completely the opposite of what he was originally saying.

WLC then posted
Wow, BaB makes a great entrance Smile.

His first post seemed a bit scummy to me, directly voting for someone for where there already was discussion if putting him on L-2 was a good thing or not. And even admitting it was a 'payback' vote. But his second and third post seem well-argued and pro-townie.
to me this was a fair post but the change in view so quickly does not sit right with me.
Amor seemed to see the same thing as i did.
I'm honestly not sure how to take BAB's posts. He came out very focused on getting Occult, to the extent of flagging obvious joke posts as scummy, and then quickly backed off. This could be scumminess or it could just be newbness.

This is also why I'm cautious about things like lynch-2. If I hadn't taken my vote off Occult, and BAB had quickly voted the way he did, the mafia could have hammered him. (This is assuming that the mafia weren't voting already and Occult is town.)

BAB, if you're new I would reccomend reading through some of the games on here to get a feel of how things work. That's what I did.
I am now up to post 61 and it took me two hours but i need to sleep so ill do more asap.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

WOW TD I think you may have a problem with me
also people make mistakes i wasn't totally sure about the time frame hence the ...

And about RI its been explained already.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

[quote='Muerrto']
our game but if it's gonna change we need to be informed. I'd prefer page 1's method since if it's a 'no lynch' day 1 = day 2.
[/quote]
not really Day 2 is still day 2 and the mafia get a chance to night kill a townie with out there being a possible mafia lynch that we could have.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

I find that there are a few of you that have scum tell and a few that are good,

BnB- for a few reasons, one being through out the whole game when ever someone suspects him especially before page 12, where people start to question him on it, he pushes that he is new and tries to put this up as an arguement against.
And also find its strange that from what i can see from pg 10ish onward you have been susspected of being scum, but now there is a dead line your saying you dont have time to respond to susspisions? I dont get this.

RI- because though he is answering peoples questions and replying to susspision on him, I don't often see him scum hunting himself.

CKD - when he does have longer posts that give out his ideas, they are often copies of what other paople have said earlier pages.

Muerrto - Day two can not be the same as day one just continued you still loose a town from the night kill but you dont have the possiblity of a mafia lynch that the town could have.

I can see from the people that came before me how you may think I was scum. And this is not good as it can lead away from people looking into the possiblity of others being scum. For all you know about the posts that we got from the mod i could be town like the other two just that they played very badly.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #23) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

JS
My top one is, At differant times in the game as i have read over my mind has jumped around a lot of you but has only really settled on. ( this may seem all over the place but ill try and make as much sence as possible.
BnB - As i said before he overlays the fact he is a newbie, especially when he has been susspected. At least up untill recent pages.

I find that the more people push his mistakes, he seems to retry explaining it butt each time it comes out differantly.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: [/b]
Unfortunately, I'm just a vanilla. I was hoping to get night killed.
How can you hope to get night killed when at the moment the most logical point for mafia would be to NK someone that was greatly opossing you to make you more susspisious looking.
my top two suspects:

JS (not scum-hunting)
Muerrto (pushing very strongly for my lynch)..
Actually Js is scum huunting from what i can see, away of scum hunting is seeing what other peopple think and then seeing if you can make it fit to logic, and if it helps you look at something a differant way. people can be one set tracked more often then not. asking for a differant point of view disrupts that one set track.

And Muerrto is only trying to convice others of who he sees as scum (kinda the point of the game)

your two susspision reasonings are on differant ends of the scale. one is not scum hunting and the other is utalising the scum hunting he did earlier.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #24) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

ok,
CKD- in earlier stages of the game i had noticed that you seemed to copy the ideas of others almost exactly. someone would put forward an arguement and there would be arguing over it and then once it is settled down you seem to pick it up exactly where it started from.
Ill give qutotes when i get one next this is a quick post between night classes.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #25) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:19 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Don't like Kitten jumping on BaB as soon as she came in even though Cerebus3 thought BaB was innocent. But then again Kitten seems kind of inexperienced so not sure how much we can get out of that.
er, it could also just be that i see things differantly you know mental differances and stimulations and all that jazz
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #26) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:24 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

I made it quite clear how much I thought of BaB's 'cases' on everyone, including YOU, CKD, Sauce, Me, Amor, Black, etc. In almost all his cases he was 100% sure he'd found the scum. Since we don't have 6 scum...

How is the case against Sauce any different?
so your telling me that at no point in any game you have played that you have not thought someone was scum 100% because of something that they have said and then changed that opinion because of either their own defensive argument or because of what someone else has said?
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #27) » Sat May 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

6 times?
yesturday did go for 23 pages. so susspisions could jump around and people do say stuff that could be scummy.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #28) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:02 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Muerrto still hasn't answered my question.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #29) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

I think it was a perfectly fine question.
now here another one. Have you played a game before that has gone on this long for only one day?
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #30) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:36 am

Post by pinkkitten90 »

Many times. Yes. I've been at page 30 over a span of 3 months on day 1 and the mod was in the game.

Have you?
nope. mine have most gone for 10-17 pages for the first day.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #31) » Sun May 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

ok i was not lurking i was in the hospital,
and at the time it was 1030 at night and i only got to read half of page 24 before i had to go to bed. it is now in school and i will post as soon as i can as i have to actually finish reading it all.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #32) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

As much as i Hate to say this. Vel i need you to find me a replacment. As over the next couple of months ill be in and out of hospital and it may be for weeks at a time.
pinkkitten90
pinkkitten90
Goon
pinkkitten90
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #33) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by pinkkitten90 »

nah, i think you guys are awesome. ;) good luck

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”