Newbie #606- Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat May 03, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Well, if what peoplesmafia says is true, then TheHermit had everything backwards. Then that means he might be the one who's really mafia! So I'll
Vote: TheHermit
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:55 am

Post by letsbefriends »

Crazygumbi08 wrote:hmm I agree, how does it make them town. I also find it suspicious that you changed your mind (destructor) so fast for no apparent reason.
I also find peoplesmafia's vote a bit suspicious. Even though numegil voted against her first, she only voted for him when he was up to L-2 (not sure if that's the right term for having 2 lynch votes against a person) putting him to L-3 (?). I'm not too keen on bandwagoning either, but it's still day 1 so...*shrug*.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

I don't feel much of a mafia vibe coming from destructor. Like he already stated, he changed his vote when it was still early and only a few people said anything at the time. From what I see, people who haven't been talking are less suspicious than people that are, just because of the fact that there is nothing to go on. IC's are suppose to be experienced, right? He knows that people are going to be picking apart everything he says and I think if he really was mafia, he'd be more careful than that. So to me, he doesn't seem too scummy. However, he could be doing that reverse psychomocology.

Numegil seems more scummy to me. He doesn't say much, but still votes. Both times he voted, he voted for the same person as TheHermit. That seems suspicious to me, as if he's trying to rack up vote counts for a single person. They could be working together or he's just tagging his vote to an innocent bystander.

I'll also perform a OMGUS and vote for skitzer. I really do want to be your friend, and now we'll have a bond between us~

Unvote
Vote skitzer
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:26 am

Post by letsbefriends »

skitzer wrote:I like to state that the other IC's seem to be acting weird this early in the game.

Oh, and
unvote
- bonds are totally yucko.
So quick to rescind your vote? Was it because I voted for you? Afraid to get lynched, SCUM?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Crazygumbi08 wrote:hmm I agree, how does it make them town. I also find it suspicious that you changed your mind (destructor) so fast for no apparent reason.
Crazygumbi08 wrote:This is what I figured. You were just sparking interest in the forum for us to discuss, and to possibly draw a questionable character out of the crowd? Although, as i seem to have no reason to unvote I will keep it where it is.
In regards to destructor changing his vote without saying anything, contradicting yourself here, aren't you?

Why do you feel your vote should be kept on numegil? Do you think he's scum? You voted him first for being sexist, is that still the only reason?

skitzer, do you find anyone suspicious?

TheHermit, what did you think about destructor's post?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Brut3Forc3 wrote:Sorry that I am one of the inactive people; it's hard for me, being a noob and all. :P

Guess I'll
unvote, vote:skitzer
Any particular reason for voting skitzer?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Like you said, it's still too early to know if it means anything at all. I am still suspicious of numegil, but I just wanted CrazyGumbo to clarify why he thinks he should stay with his random vote. Perhaps he sees something I don't.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

peoplesmafia wrote:I am suspicious of letsbefriends. It almost looks as if he is trying to cast suspicion on skitzer and numegil.
You're suspicious of me because I'm actively scum hunting? Unless you know that skitzer and numegil are both pro-town, I don't see how you can say that for certain. I'd say your actions, or inactions rather, is even more suspicious.

I gave reasons as to why numegil seemed slightly scummy to me. However, I gave no reasons to voting skitzer as it was just a random vote to see what he'd say. Just because you say I'm suspicious for doing nothing but voting him moves you and skitzer up my list.

skitzer, so far TheHermit has only changed his vote twice, which almost everyone in this game has already done by now. By that logic, wouldn't you have a FoS on like, 5 people? Why is he more suspicious to you than everyone else? Do you think seeing how people play is counterproductive to scum hunting?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Ohhh, I understand now. Nevermind then.

Also
unvote
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Fri May 09, 2008 10:22 am

Post by letsbefriends »

Mod

can we get a prod on numegil?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #10) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Sorry, haven't had much free time over the weekend.

I'll have to
Vote: peoplesmafia

She hasn't really contributed much at all. I mean, she accused me of casting suspicion on numegil when she herself had her single vote on him the entire time. She was also pretty quick to jump on the numegil wagon at the start of the game without giving a reason until asked.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

I voted partially because of the deadline. If it hits deadline and we don't manage to lynch, does that mean no one gets lynched? I rather have a vote on someone than just leaving it as is. I think lynching someone (even if it does turn out to be a town) is more beneficial than not lynching at all.

I also voted because I'm sort of losing interest. It feels like the game really isn't moving anywhere at all. There's no strong leads, only suspicions, which amount to nothing if we're still stuck on day 1.

My reason for voting peoplesmafia isn't purely because of not contributing. Lurking to me is scummy, when it is done on purpose. They aren't making an effort to find the mafia. Even if it isn't done on purpose, like they just don't have the time, how can you be sure they aren't lying? Any way you look at it, it doesn't help out town. Also, I don't see how being suspicious of someone is suspicious in itself, especially on day 1, when that's all you have to go on. Why did she single me out? What about destructor and TheHermit being suspicious of each other for almost the entire second page? Maybe if I voted for someone without giving a reason, which is what she is essentially doing. And lastly, it's because she voted for numegil when he already had two votes on him. L-2 isn't TOO dangerous, but since this is a newbie game, people could follow suit and hop on unknowningly. I don't see why you're going to place that many votes on a single person so early on. It just seems like she went for an easy target.

With all of this combined, she is most suspicious to me so far, so I'm going to keep my vote on her.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #12) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:14 am

Post by letsbefriends »

My OMGUS vote on skitzer was baseless. At the time, I didn't find him suspicious at all. But I felt a vote on someone who hasn't said much yet would've been better than not voting at all. There was no chance of him being lynched when my vote was the only vote on him. I thought the point of random voting was to generate discussion. Even if it was an OMGUS vote, it would still generate more discussion than if I hadn't voted for him.

I do see how some of your points on how destructor seem pretty scummy. I missed where destructor admitted to jumping on bandwagons. He said it was to generate conversation, but the only conversation it would generate would be how his own actions are suspicious. I don't understand his reasoning at all. It seems like he was just looking for any reason to explain his action. I have more written, but i'd like to see how destructor responds first.
TheHermit wrote:Why do I have three votes on me still? Two are random and one is OMGUS (until destructor can prove otherwise, which he seems to have no indication of doing). We should be putting more votes on him to pressure him into coming clean, but don't lynch him just yet... ultimately I'm more interested in hearing what he has to say for himself than seeing his dead body. For now.
I also find what TheHermit says here to be interesting. TheHermit is saying we should put more votes on destructor to pressure him to come clean. Come clean to what? That's he's scum? I feel like this was very unecessary. It seems like he's just trying to get people to hop on his destructor bandwagon.

I find scumminess in both TheHermit and destructor, but seeing as how they were going at each other, I think it's very unlikely both of them are.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Sat May 17, 2008 11:09 am

Post by letsbefriends »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
BS. I doubt you have anything written up.
Really. Got a stick up your ass?
Claiming that you have info is something, but withholding it?
That's basically the exact same thing. By only claiming you have info you're implying that you aren't going to disclose it. What is the point of even saying this?

Like I said, I'll post after he does. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #14) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Letsbefriends:
your reaction is duly noted. I'm definitely going quote this if I change my suspicions to you. However, on the off-chance that you're an irritable townie, let me rephrase.
I responded the way I did because I didn't feel you had reasons to outright call me a liar.

Alright, the reason I wanted to wait was because what I had to say was in defense of destructor. At first, I felt his constant vote jumping was just because of the fact that he called it as he saw it. He felt so and so was more suspicious at the time so he changed votes accordingly. I also thought he gave his reason for voting TH was to wait for reactions, which I understood since it was the reason I voted skitzer. However, I find his actions to be more pro-scum than town after looking at his posts in isolation.
If discussion focussed around me is what it would create, then so be it. I learn from how people react to me and in turn, how people react to peoples' reactions to me, etc. It's not all meaningful immediately, but its value becomes apparent as the days go on and bodies start turning up.

I still don't understand this. Do you think it's helpful to town to come off looking like scum? If you were a townie, it would only cause more confusion for everyone else. Even later in the game, if jumping on bandwagons helped you to come to conclusions, it doesn't help us as we still don't know your alignment.

I'll reread his post after work to see if I can see anything that stand out.[/b]
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #15) » Sat May 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

Eh, don't know what I was doing with the tags, but shouldn't matter.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”