Newbie 607 (Ruined)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri May 02, 2008 8:17 am

Post by TGC »

/confirm

Let's have heads rollin'!
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:19 am

Post by TGC »

KamikazeTwo wrote: His little description even says he's always scum!
But it didn't specify what type of scum. :wink:

Clearly, you are not thinking your vote through.

Vote KamikazeTwo
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by TGC »

unvote, vote Spyrex

For thinking he can shame us.

But still,
FOS KamikazeTwo
for some strnage rason.
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:20 am

Post by TGC »

SpyreX wrote:
Unvote

Just messin around. Still to early to have any real calls.

Why FoS? Any real reason?
Meh, just weak reasoning from him, thus the weak reasoning from me, the mirror effect in arguing in mafia.

I'm tempted to vote Flame for even joking to put in a BW this early in the game, but I'm still trying to figure out whether I am for or against it, so it could be Flame for igniting it or SpyreX for extinguishing it. So my vote is not permanent yet.
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by TGC »

IH wrote:Post 28, Spyrex seemed pretty confident with his vote.

Post 33 he immediately unvotes after some pressure is put on him. Why did you unvote?

Post 35 is a dead give away. Vote:Kamikaze

Look at the votecount. This is dead serious.
Pretty confident with his vote? Eh, kind of an overstatement, wouldn't you think? I mean he said himself he was partially jokevoting, and it seemed more like a scumhunt vote more than anything, as people might have various opinions on the matter of early bandwagons. And those types of votes are rarely confident until proven otherwise, when evidence shows up.

I don't think unvoting is entirely criminal, once again, when people say 'messin' around', it usually means in mafiacode 'a vote to stir things up', and even if it was still entirely in matter of randomness, votes are what wake things up. But if we speedlynch someone on such a young foundation of posts in the game, this only gives help to the mafia, getting more nights to kill strategically.

How exactly is post 35 a dead giveaway? I fail to see how his argument reeks of scumminess, was bumping up the topic for a while, may have had some interest in the game, we always have to try to deduce the motive behind the actions we make, it helps us distinguish the difference between townie and mafia.

Unvote, vote IH
because his arguing seems to be hard, but it seems to be built on sand.
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by TGC »

ZeekLTK wrote:How is that "bad posting"?
I might be completely off base here, but I am guessing that it has something to do with posting content that has already long since been used. Of course I could be wrong.
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by TGC »

Bah, I hate simulposts.
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by TGC »

pickemgenius wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote:He has singled you out because you singled yourself out. You "bumped" the thread twice while we were in the confirmation stages (why?) and then didn't post hardly anything once the game had actually started.

I suggested you might be scum because you were anxious for the game to start (hence the "bumps") and he simply pointed out that not only were you eager BEFORE the game started, but once it did you suddenly got quiet. I thought it was a valid point.
NOBODY WAS FUCKING CONFIRMING AND ME BUMPING THE THREAD UP ENSURES THEY CANT POSSIBLY MISS THE THREAD!!!
Meh, this is sort of an overreaction, but I still think making arguments that aren't worth diddly is a far bigger crime than 'bumping the thread', and the reasoning behind why he would do it is sort of a stretch. Bumping the thread alot but at a change of pace, not posting all of a sudden because he is scum? That is variable, there are a number of reasons why someone suddenly didn't post, something could come up in RL, who knows, and I want our lynch to be as close to a sure thing as possible.

teensy FOS for everyone voting pickemgenius for said reasons of anxiety before the game started

@ ShadowLurker for scumhunt post (to get a reaction out of me): I don't bite. Nice try, but you haven't found scum. :wink:
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by TGC »

Plz give me a second chance, I was really busy these past couple of days. :cry:
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #9) » Sun May 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by TGC »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
TGC putting a minor FOS on everyone who attacked PEG for bumping. I agree with this. However, why the teensy FOS? I don’t like the fact that you’re hiding your FOS here. It’s an attempt to attack people without really attacking anyone.

Post 91
TGC wait a second, How come everyone post that sticks out to me is by TGC. This is getting weird. I’m not doing this on purpose. Okay, well back to post 91. TGC is very worried about being replaced. What does this mean?
I am simply giving everyone the BOTD, I merely am expressing my feeling towards their suspicion moderately, something I thought the FOSes were in place for. I really don't see why this is brought up in the first place, many townies stay neutral, why shouldn't they? If we were to go around full thrust with our FOSes and votes we might end up so content on having them lynched, that we don't even look to see the chance that they could be innocent.

To your second: Wow, simply wow. I am assuming that you didn't even read the title of the forum when you came in here? Wherein people come here to play mafia games? Stay in the game, and keep on playing because they merely want to? I am rather irritated at the fact that we all cast suspicions on one another because they are anxious to play and just think that the only reason was because they had some special role. So, what? Does that mean when anyone ever gets a 'Vanilla Townie', they sigh and go 'not this again.' and not play with that much enthusiasm? I doubt it, or else games wouldn't get finished around here because people wouldn't care what state the game was in. :wink:

Also 'how come everyone post that sticks out'? Before I even begin to answer that, I need you to fill me in on your special grammar skills, what in blazes are you talking about?

Disregarding that, the arguments seemed to clutch at straws a bit, no real thought out reasoning at all, either you shouldn't bother posting anything if you really have nothing to say, or you are the scum we have on our hands. It seemed like just busywork, and for that
teensy FOS BridgesAndBaloons
just to tick you off. :P

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”