Roll To Dodge Jurassic Park(Replacements welcome)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Roll To Dodge Jurassic Park(Replacements welcome)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

So, this is just like the other RTD game happening only with 200% MORE DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players:
1. Blackberry
BB (Blackberry), also known as Berry Blackwell, is a 50 year old woman. She is married to one of the scientists of the infamous Jurassic Park and is going to Mexico to find him. She is self-determined and confident, she grew up on a farm in a rural community and has experience with guns and knows the importance of hard work. She has a do-it-yourself attitude and a friendly personality. She believes she has a bit of a psychic gift (this is most likely dementia). With her she has a pack of tarot cards, as well as a swiss army knife so that she can prove her handiness at all times.
2.Mist7676
Im A kid that went along with my dad to Jurrasic park. I'm smart and love dinosaurs. I know all facts but always take the safe route.
3.werewolf555
My character is a 24 year old american born in russia. He is slightly built and can speak both english and russian. He is here spending his fathers will money, and feels that he has to do something to make his family's name known.
4. WhenInRome
My character is a crackpot conspiracy theorist who believes the government is hiding monsters on an island and will one day send them out to kill everyone. By a wacky coincidence, he ends up on the only place with actual monsters. He has a low intelligence stat, but is extremely with weapons (to keep the government away!)
5.ribwich
My character is a 22 year old engineering student that went to Mexico for Spring break. He's skilled in electronics and can make almost anything given the right tools. He's played enough video games to be completely numb to violence, but he has no experience with actual weapons.
6.brianj
is twenty-six-years-old German scientist specializing in bioengineered crops, currently working under American branch of Grüntraum co. Has some outdoor experience, but otherwise does not have any notable physical abilities. His skills and concentration increase significantly when under extreme pressure. Real name is Reinbard Brenner.
Replacements:
1. Jerbs
I am a psychopathic lunatic that enjoys killing stuff. I carry around a water gun, and 5 teddy bears

Roll to Dodge!

Roll to Dodge is a fun roleplaying-esque game for a group of 6 people plus us, the mods. A bit like Dungeons and Dragons, but very simplified. You will be placed in a certain scenario, and you (may) be given a certain objective. Now here's the catch: for nearly every action you make, a die will determine the outcome.

The numbers on the six sided die are marked as follows:
1) Epic fail
2) Kinda fail
3) Kinda success
4) Success
5) Perfect success
6) Overshoot

For example, say Jack wants to jump over a wooden fence. Here are three examples of what might happen, given different rolls.
  1. Jack
    tries
    to jump the wooden fence, but trips over his shoelace and smashes his face through it, breaking his nose.
  2. Jack
    tries
    to jump the fence, but stumbles and slams into it, staggering back unhurt.
  3. Jack jumps the fence, but his foot gets caught on the top and he faceplants on the other side, one leg hanging in the air.
  4. Jack jumps the fence, and lands safely on the other side.
  5. Jack jumps the fence cleanly, landing in a roll and keeping his forward momentum to continue running.
  6. Jack clears the fence by a wide margin, flying another five feet to slam head-on into a tree on the other side, breaking his nose.
When multiple players' actions interact ... the dice will be rolled exactly the same way as before for each action, and the conflicts will be resolved however we like. (Mua-ha-ha!)

Rules!

• Only six (6) people may play at a time. Spots are filled on a first come first served basis, but if you did not make it in time, we can still add you to the waiting list.
  • To keep this game moving at a good pace, after the actions from the last round are resolved, there will be a 2 day deadline for all players to take their turns. If you miss one deadline, your character will do nothing (except as below). If you miss two deadlines in a row or three overall, you will be removed from the game and the first person on the waiting list will take your spot. We will allow V/LA absences within reason - please discuss with us if you expect to be without access for an extended period.
  • This game will use the declare system. To declare an action, post "
    Action:
    your action
    " in bold face. (For example: "
    Action: Shoot the lock.
    ") To take back a declared action, post "
    Undo Action:
    the action being undone
    ".
  • When everyone's move has been declared or the deadline is reached, we will announce the turn has ended in-thread. Then the dice will be rolled for all actions and results determined and posted.
  • We will only count the first action you posted that you haven't undoed before we call turn ends. Exceptions will be allowed only for minor actions (looking around, talking, etc.) or at our discretion - we will let you know if your selected actions are permissible.
  • If you
    do
    post multiple actions, we will only execute the first, but (1) we will keep in mind your plan when evaluating success and (2) if you miss posting the next turn, we'll go ahead and perform your second action (if it still makes sense). Thus, if you ask to, "Jump the fence, then punch the guy in the face", we will only roll on the "Jump the fence" action, but on a 5 you may end up being able to hit the guy anyway.
  • You may post almost any action you desire. If you want to attempt to harness the power to fly or spontaneously grow a third arm, you can do so. You may not god-mod and ruin the fun for everyone, however - we reserve the right to veto and the right to force-replace for actions along these lines.
  • You may kill or be killed by players or your actions, so be careful. Note, however, that if you attempt to kill another player early in the game and fail, the reaction from your fellow players
    might
    not be entirely positive. Note also that attempting to do something stupid (e.g. "Jump into the volcano") can lead to a very funny death.
  • A final right we reserve is to add modifiers to rolls depending on circumstances. For example, if you are running on a broken leg, we might put an automatic -2; if you are attacking an ant with a bazooka, we might use an automatic +2. Rolls which are less than 1 or more than 6 after modifiers will have
    very
    interesting consequences!
    • On rare occasions, players will be allowed special bonuses under precisely defined circumstances. On actions where these special bonuses are ruled to be in effect (and this ruling shall be strictly at the moderator's discretion), the player will automatically reroll a 1 or a 6. (If they get a 1 or 6 on the reroll, however, the action stands, so be careful!)
    • Assisting other players will add modifiers to their roll based on yours. So if you were to roll a 4, you might add +2 to their roll.
Startup

• After we post these rules and the setup flavor post, all players will receive PMs notifying them that the game has begun. Each player will then need to confirm in the thread.
  • In each confirmation post, the player must describe the character they will be playing in the thread for the benefits of the mods and other players. (If you want your player to have hidden characteristics - for example, "I'm secretly an FBI agent working undercover as an addict" - PM the mods first, and we'll work it out.)
  • Any player who does not confirm within two days will be replaced.
  • Any player whose character description is overly vague will be asked to clarify.
  • After all players have confirmed, the mods will post the opening scene and the game will start.
Last edited by gandalf5166 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Blackberry »

How do I /in? XD
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Hi I am the Co-Mod With Gandalf5166
#freeShotty
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Blackberry wrote:How do I /in? XD
Oh, that's something I left out. You /in and post your character. Any secret tidbits(i.e. you really are a white collar criminal being expedited from Mexico), you would want to PM to me. I noticed that you PM'd it to me. On that note I see that I'm forgetting something else kinda important(blame shotty, he rushed me):

You'll be crashlanding on the island on a flight from Mexico to New York, placing the island in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and making this a very not-planned trip. Being the only ones bored enough to read the safety pamphlets on the flight, you are also the sole survivors. This is NOT the same island as in any of the books. If you really care, you can tell yourself that it's another island like the one in the second book, where animals were stored until they were ready for the main island. We'll be taking a few creative liberties though, for various reasons. For the purposes of staying in the chronology though, we'll just say that this happened AFTER the second book, so some of you might have heard of the islands.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

Post by chesskid3 »

HEY LOOK
IT'S LOST MEETS JURASSIC PARK
EXCEPT THERE WAS NO SHOTTY IN LOST
OR JURASSIC PARK >_>
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Wait I thought I was co-mod
If not than /in
You Are Worth It
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:08 am

I am most deffinitly the co~mod. Sorry for the confusion. But we will add you to the player list. Please post your character.
#freeShotty
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:30 am

Post by werewolf555 »

/in
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
WhenInRome
WhenInRome
Goon
WhenInRome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:59 am

Post by WhenInRome »

/in
BEN DROWNED

Worst luck ever: Last townie alive. They lynched me. (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16353)
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 am

Post by ribwich »

/in
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
brianj
brianj
Goon
brianj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:55 am

Post by brianj »

/in

Brianj
(English name) is twenty-six-years-old German scientist specializing in bioengineered crops, currently working under American branch of
Grüntraum co
. Has some outdoor experience, but otherwise does not have any notable physical abilities. His skills and concentration increase significantly when under extreme pressure. Real name is Reinbard Brenner.
Last edited by brianj on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:08 am

Post by ribwich »

My character is a 22 year old engineering student that went to Mexico for Spring break. He's skilled in electronics and can make almost anything given the right tools. He's played enough video games to be completely numb to violence, but he has no experience with actual weapons.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Jerbs »

/in

I am a psychopathic lunatic that enjoys killing stuff. I carry around a water gun, and 5 teddy bears
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, the game is full, we need characters from most of the players and then we can get started.

Jerbs, I'm sorry but you missed it, I put you on the replacement list though.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:23 am

Post by theplague42 »

Bookmark.
Part of the problem.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:01 pm

If you have in'd please submit you role in thread
#freeShotty
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Im A kid that went along with my dad to Jurrasic park. WHO WANTS TO BE MY DADDY?? I'm smart and love dinosaurs. I know all facts but always take the safe route.
You Are Worth It
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

hmmmm.
Gand should we get someone to be his dad?

Also Mist you didn't know you were going. Your plane crashed. So you dad will most likely be dead. But I'll talk to Gand
#freeShotty
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Okay I like dead dad so I can be an individual
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

I will take the dead dad. But I always have my journal with me
You Are Worth It
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 pm

ok, you can pm me or gand any secret info you want to add to your character
#freeShotty
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Nah nothing secret or is that WIFOM
You Are Worth It
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Just a public note
#freeShotty
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

You can't make two characters. Now, if someone wants to make a character as your dad, that's all cool. But for now, you're ALL ALONE. :twisted:
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

OMG!! but nah its kay ill take a dead dad
You Are Worth It

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”