Newbie 616- Game Over, Mafia Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mathias
Mathias
Townie
Mathias
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Mathias »

I'm sorry im still not very good at the game but i just still have a bad feeling about URE. It's mainly because of how the person he replaced acted. It's like he was trying to hint he's cop to throw the scent off of him. I know I'm a newb, but even that seems kinda newbish scum move. And I'm just going to go with my instinct here and

Vote URE
SmintyLost23
SmintyLost23
Goon
SmintyLost23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:28 am

Post by SmintyLost23 »

Well...sorry I haven't checked in for a couple days...wow. URE is very weak. VERY weak. Ecto (un-Fos btw) has been making pretty strong arguments and URE is barely defending himself...Looks pretty scummy to me.

Vote: URE
is that a piano??

...and that's terrible
SmintyLost23
SmintyLost23
Goon
SmintyLost23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:29 am

Post by SmintyLost23 »

EBWOP: Ooh I think that's the hammer! :shock:
is that a piano??

...and that's terrible
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:05 am

Post by armlx »

That's a lynch! The three voters string up URoE, despite his insistence that Ectomancer was scum. As his body falls on the noose, his police force badge falls to the ground, as do the dead bodies of nonny (doctor) and mathias (townie). Left standing, guns still smoking, are SmintyLost23 (Mafia RB) and Ectomancer (Mafia Goon).

Game over, Mafia wins.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Good game to all, good game to my partner who slipped in the hammer!

I really should have been lynched today. I was a duck. I just let arguments slide off my back. It was unfortunate for URE that his predecessor put L-1 on Xtoxm, and investigated the dead townie. Even with a guilty on me, I might not have claimed cop in that situation, simply because it allows scum to use the attack that I did, but who knows?

Congrats to Nonny on having me pegged the entire game :wink:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Oh yes, we roleblocked Nonny both nights so our kill was guaranteed to go through.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:46 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

That's bullshit, SL played lurkerscum and no one ever even brought it up, you didn't play a good game ecto, you just played like a dick and tricked a newb. If I could have replaced end of D1 town would have won that game.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:19 am

Post by nonny »

At the end I was suspicious of SL very much. Since he is the one that insisted on some information on ecto and ignored all my pervious information.

If no one had voted I was going to vote for ect today....*rollseyes* guess i should have gone with my gut.

Yeah but URE, that is mafia. Playstyle and tricks. The only reason I stalled is because in my other game I had won as scum by convincing the only townie that was active that me and my partner weren't it. That is what I didn't want to happen to me. Because when poeple aren't active you start to forget they still have a role that could be bad.

Oh I didn't even think I got roleblocked. I accidently protected mathias both nights. Night one he was the only one I thought would be town. Same night two, but forgot I had night one lol.
*insert bad joke here*
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Cmon. You know I got Xtoxm, Jelly, and yourself lynched (or at least was very instrumental in them) and weathered your claimed cop with a guilty on me. And seriously, if I played like a dick (which I dispute),
I was scum
. You should have lynched me! Not have post game personal attacks on me...

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:07 am

Post by nonny »

Yeah ecto did a good job as scum. In that aspect. Damn I have a good gut...now only to listen to it ^.^
*insert bad joke here*
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Ectomancer wrote:Cmon. You know I got Xtoxm, Jelly, and yourself lynched (or at least was very instrumental in them) and weathered your claimed cop with a guilty on me. And seriously, if I played like a dick (which I dispute),
I was scum
. You should have lynched me! Not have post game personal attacks on me...
I'm not saying it's not part of mafia, but you did, which I don't respect, I would rather play with people who honestly make good arguments instead of trying to force everyone else to follow them saying the other is full of shit, which isn't EXACTLY what you said, but hey, it's newb, so not everyone knows to follow the cop over the other, even in F11.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by nonny »

URE: I'm no where near a newb. And I was doubting your claim. Maybe you just didn't protray yourself and your claim well enough? Mafia mislead us, it's in thier job description. Get over it.

If you would have done anything in the form of stating a plan for the next day rather than only looking 1 foot ahead then I would have gladly voted ecto. But you didn't care what happened the next day which is the red flag I got.
*insert bad joke here*
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I dont follow your arguments. I simply explained how your actions would be exactly what to expect of scum and town believed me. I never said you were full of shit. I am wondering at the source of your anger.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Nonny: Next time follow your gut, and dont let your target play rope-a-dope. I thought you were going to have me lynched a couple times, so I just laid back and dodged the issue as much as I could and came back in different directions.

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by nonny »

I know i play a timid town I need to get over it. Yeah it was annoying me that you ignored all my accusations. But then again URE was ignoring me too.....and the rest of town was mia.
*insert bad joke here*
Mathias
Mathias
Townie
Mathias
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:23 pm

Post by Mathias »

ah crap >< im sorry guys also good game :)
I hope i wasnt too bad as a noob. I look forward to playing with you guys again.
Ecto, you were a great mafia member. I just wish I wouldn't have been antsy and voted for ure
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:36 am

nonny wrote:URE: I'm no where near a newb. And I was doubting your claim. Maybe you just didn't protray yourself and your claim well enough? Mafia mislead us, it's in thier job description. Get over it.

If you would have done anything in the form of stating a plan for the next day rather than only looking 1 foot ahead then I would have gladly voted ecto. But you didn't care what happened the next day which is the red flag I got.
I said newbs did, but that doesn't mean everyone is a newb. Claims in F11 LyLo should always be taken seriously, I planned to investigate you that night, and the rest of the figuring would have gone on the next day, that is just how I play newbie games, maybe something I should get over.

And Ecto, you did, I never said it isn't part of the game, I just hate when it happens to me when the play is SUPER obvious.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:50 am

Post by Walnut »

I will say "good game' to all.

I will then moan because Nonny protected Mathias both nights- but on Day 2 said "Also I forgot while reading walnut died, which sucks cause he was my only good guy in my head". Oooops- good, but not worth protecting :)

URE, I see where you are coming from, but I would say that it is necessary to be aware of your audience and write in the style that will persuade them. I think your aggressive confidence alienated some of the voters. You know how it is- there is no value in your successful scumhunting if you don't convince the others to follow you. Admittedly, I am damned if I know how to do that- all I do is get killed during night one!
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Ectomancer »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:And Ecto, you did, I never said it isn't part of the game, I just hate when it happens to me when the play is SUPER obvious.
I dont believe that I was a dick during game, but if you insist, here is a dickish comment: You suck at convincing others of your claim. Try spending more time getting better at that and less time blaming the guy who beat you. Apparently your play wasn't as SUPER obvious as you believed.

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:47 am

Post by nonny »

Yeah walnut it was on my re-read that you stuck out as town...during the time when i made the call who to protect it was mathias that stuck out. Should of, would of, could of right?

Ecto is right. If you would have actually paid attention to what was needed from the players(me) for them to trust you then we would have won. But you were in your own little world. Plus, that is the very reason I wanted discussion of who you would investigate at night. I would have told you not to investigate me because I was doc, but would you have believe me? I bet you still would of investigated me and then we would have been stuck picking between mathias and SL and still could of lost. That is why you plan. Because moving from one confusing situation blindly in to the other just leaves you looking around wide eyed and scared. I perfer plans. Not saying it's all your fault. I should have voted ecto earlier since i was planning on doing it the next morning. and mathias could have discussed more. But yeah it's over let's learn and move on.
*insert bad joke here*
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by Walnut »

nonny wrote:Yeah walnut it was on my re-read that you stuck out as town...during the time when i made the call who to protect it was mathias that stuck out. Should of, would of, could of right?
Oh, it doesn't bother me at all- I was just amused by it :P

The other thing about this game is that even with my limited experience it was a bit more newbieish than most, which makes logical play pretty difficult.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
SmintyLost23
SmintyLost23
Goon
SmintyLost23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 am

Post by SmintyLost23 »

Great game everyone :D
is that a piano??

...and that's terrible
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”