Newbie 630! Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by geraintm »

/confirm
and 2
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by geraintm »

vote caffeinatedcows

i said i would vote for number 2
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

avatars? thats the best you could come up with.
i feel now those without them should speed lynch the person with the worst...which is thok and his odd dalmation thing..what is it then, go on i want to know
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by geraintm »

ok, i have got an avatar now to make you all happy. hope it is colourful enough for everyone to notice
Ty, you got some 'splainin' to do
Deffie, watching you too, the whole "pointing out scummy behaviour from others" but then not voting or anything...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by geraintm »

quick question, who here are ICs, and who are playing their first game?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:56 am

Post by geraintm »

i fear then i am one of the ICs again and going lead everyone on a very confusing dance.
i am horrible indeciive, take ages to place votes. so to warn you as i got in trouble my last game for this
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by geraintm »

hello all, back from weekend. i never post at weekends due to no access.
and i ill be defending myself later, this is just a placeholder post
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

Yosarian2 wrote:Oh, and I'm an IC. Not sure who the other one is.
its me
i was just wodnering when i wrote that post who else was experiecned.
and i got weirded out when i came back and it was 9 in here and not 7 too :-)

Deffie
Deffie wrote:Hey I don't like the amount of votes ashmite84 is getting, someone unvote him before things go too far because we really don't want to lynch a random person in the joke vote phase.
that was your post where you picked out ty's vote. i felt when you did it you were soft peddling suspiscion of someone else in the calmest way possible.
i didnt say i thought you were scummy or anything, just i would be watching you. to get a little vibe off someone so early in the game for me is unusual, just wanted to get it recorded. i didn't vote you, i didn't fos you, i didnt do anything to you except tell you i would be watching you.
find your reaction interesting though.

Yos, are you voting for me because i haven't posted much? as i said before, i don't post at the weekends, and i posted once thrusday and twice friday (though i admit they didn't have much content besides trying to find out people's EL)

and picking me up for what deffie had me as saying... compare to what i actualyl said, i dont feel i was unreasnable at all in what i said to deffie.

and sorry if my
warning
of my style of play raises your hackles, just the last newbie game i was in i replaced into and my not voting very quickly got me in trouble.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by geraintm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
and sorry if my
warning
of my style of play raises your hackles, just the last newbie game i was in i replaced into and my not voting very quickly got me in trouble.
Eh...not a big deal on it's own, just that when combined with your other posts kind of gives me a vauge impression you might be more worried about defending yourself then about finding scum.
You think i don't want to find scum. the reason that i have cause an impression on you is that according to you one of my two posts of content was one where i sat there and said ty needed to explain himself (which he hasn't really, he just came in and agreed with someone else's opinion) and i thought deffie was behaving oddly and i would keep a watch on them. considering this is day one and there is always so little to go on and it usually ends up the most vocal person gets lynched, i thought i was doing ok.

Coug - i give up. in my last game i got in trouble because no one realised my normal stly eof play. this time i thought i'd warn people, and i get in trouble too :-(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

i have no reason to move my vote, so i haven't. told you i take a while to move my vote around. surely just one little vote left on isn't going to hurt anyone is it? So cow and strife, don't you two worry about who i am voting for at the moment. it doesnt mean anything
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:34 am

Post by geraintm »

so you were deliberetly trying to wind me up to see my reaction?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 am

Post by geraintm »

it was a random vote. i said a number inmy confirmation post, and voted for whever posted in that order. that was all. i found you backingup cow's question...well, nothing really
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by geraintm »

Strife, i can see what you are doing, trying to get the game moving, i think you are reaching maybe, but thanks

ashmite & Coug - my, you two are quick to jump on a wagon. real quick like...

i seem to be spending the whole game telling people i don't like what they are doing
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

ash, you are advocating any wagon, just to see who gets on and off it, and you don't care where the driver is going??

fos ashmite
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

heck , why am i just fosing,
vote ashmite
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

ashmite84 wrote:
Not really to see who the wagoners are, I couldn't really accuse them since I called for the wagon. More to get discussion going. If one of them
hammered
however, that would be a different story. I don't even car if the first wagon is
me
. You have to start somewhere.
yeah, you seem to have got your wagon now
and really, looking at who hammers? that never works does it anymore??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:12 am

Post by geraintm »

are you saying that so people don't look at you forming wagons?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by geraintm »

Deffie wrote:
ashmite84 wrote:Like my Post 97 says, I think we need a wagon,
any
wagon for this game to progress.
Okay.

vote: ashmite84

There, I made a vote and jumped on a bandwagon. Am I a good townie now?
Deffie, i get the feeling from your posts of something along the lines of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
post 106, all very helpful, warning about bandwagons, mentioning power roles, apologising for her posts, and she follows it up with a jump on a wagon which she is only doing becuase someone asked her too
and then next time, apologising again and jumping off the wagon. lots of finger pointing at others, like " Yosarian2 went along with it too" and "convenient to just go with the flow"
caffeinatedcows wrote:
I also didn't post because I don't like saying things when I don't have anything to say. Really, I"m rather in a confused state with all these fingers pointing in different directions. I can see the reasoning in starting a wagon because it moves things along.
dislike this. i dont agree with people just startign wagons for the sake of it. though i tend to end up in games that go on for ever...
ashmite84 wrote:
The second point was the one about the most vocal being scrutinized for this very reason. I don't agree with this at all and am quite a vocal player myself. Again, this was heavily scrutinized in my other game. I failed to see how posting often was a scumtell and the scum used it against me. Too vocal? Bah!

agree with this, find it often occurs in newbie games (or in all games). needs strong play to stop it happening
SmintyLost23 wrote: Geraint's playing-style warning is obviously just for future metagaming reference, especially since he contradicts it.
others have mentioned what they have done in previous games, why am i being singled out?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by geraintm »

people seem to be really upset with me for my vote for ashmite and how it ocnflicts with what i said earlier in the game about me being a reluctent voter

but i think the secquece of posts from 96-102 between me and ashmite are fairly consistent with how i play the game.
i find it takes a lt for me to vote for someone, but on day one, ash's behaviour, just strating a wagon to see who gets on it is so far removed from what i normally see that i had to vote him. i can't remeber a game i have been in before where someone admitted to starting wagon.
frankly, i am surprised he has gotten so little heat from it

since then, i havent unvoted ash. i see no one else in the game i consider scummy, oly ash, and have kept my vote on him

are people still finding me scummy then, because of my vote for ash?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:51 am

Post by geraintm »

ashmite84 wrote:
3. geraintm wants to know if people consider him scummy for still
fos
ing me.
No (until you asked, now I'm not so sure).
i didn tfos you, i voted for you in the next post
and it wasnt for fosing you, it was for saying i didnt vote very fast and then voting for you
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by geraintm »

strife220 wrote:My re-read is leaving me frustrated with my lack of well defined opinion here. All I have is a few crappy suspicions. However, it's been 3 weeks and we really need to make a lynch choice soon. I think votes made from here on should be made with a more serious intention of lynching.
strife220 wrote: This vote is serious, and is not just a contrived case for pressure. 3 weeks in we should be choosing our lynch, so if people disagree with my reasons, they should say why and then offer an alternative lynch candidate.

agree with part of this, the whole feeling frustrated part
but to me it feels like you are forcing the game. you are pushing for a lynch at a time you admit to having crappy suspiscions. and i don't like where you end up with, just feels like crappy reasoning from crappy suspiscions to end up with a crappy vote
strife220 wrote: Ger's play is... certainly not the way I expect ICs to play. Indecisiveness, FOSing those who are starting bandwagons, etc. Reasoning behind his choices just seems weak.
sorry, i tend to be indecisive. i am actually a really bad player when it comes to voting.
but i don't like that you have a go at me for being indecisive when you agree that there isn't much in the game to go on eitehr
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by geraintm »

cougar - why did you claim? i looked and couldn't see anyone calling for a claim.
but agree with strife, you aren't going to get lynched today. see what happens overnight

ok, yosarian, ash and sminty.
i would be very surprised it at least one of you three isn't scum

ash and sminty, you two are quiet similar, both put a fair bit of pressure on cougar before you voted
yosarian, less pressure before hand, but the vote came more out of nowhere.

didn't like yos' helpful unvoting post
all three of you leave me with bad tastes in my mouth.
i don't know who yet, but i wil be voting for one of you three at the end of the day
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:54 am

Post by geraintm »

sminty - as i said, i suspect that at least one of the three of you is scum.
i didnt say which one i think is scum, i meerely commented on howthe three of you came about to vote for cougar and that none of you seemed 100% innocent to me. it wasn't because you and ash posted in a similar style
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by geraintm »

Yosarian2 wrote: before hand, but the vote came more out of nowhere.
I completly explained my vote, geraintm. Couger was acting quite scummy. He attempted to put someone at -1, and the only reason he gave for it was a weak "I was following person X even though I don't really know why" reason. That's a very common scum tactic, btw; trying to vote but hide your reasons behind someone else.

Also, you're being a little too careless with your assumptions here. Why are you now assuming Couger is town? Also, why are you assuming that there were scum voting for him?

I then explained my thoughts, in a quite detailed way, in my very next post. I just wanted to unvote right away just to be safe. Do you disagree with me unvoting ASAP in response to that claim, geraintm?[/quote]

Yosarian. i said i would be very surprised if one of the three of you, ash and sminty were not scum.

i think the three of you are all good enough players to have good reasons for voting for him, but making the assumption that he is the doc, then i would find it hard to believe that at least oen scum wasn't on the vote train (thus one of you who had a good reason to vote for him, is actually a mafia member with bad reasons to vote for him)
(i have left out deffie, that vote was much earlier.) so i am sorry if i am making you all defensive about why you voted for him, and i do apologise for those out of the 3 who are innocent, but i think that the odds of at least one of you three being scum is better than trying to pick from the rest of the town where at best it will be 3/11 or more liekly 2/11.

does my post make sense??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:54 am

Post by geraintm »

strife - all the votes for cougar came on saturday and sunday, it was quiet a quick wagon. i don't post at weekends, there was no oppotunity for me to say as the votes were going on that i thought cougar was a poor choice for a wagon. kinda mean of you to pick me up for not objecting to the wagon as it was forming when i wasnt here. though i admit, i would not have posted that even if i was around. i have no cause to tell others when i have no reason as to why they can't put their votes on someone.

and my reading of the situation is all because of the claim. as i have said, a wagon that quick i would be very, very surprised is at least one of the 3 votes isn't scum based. 1/3 is better odds for finding a scum than the general 2 or 3 /11 for the whole town
that is why i have said i am going to vote for one of these three at the end of the day.

does my logic make sense to people? do people understand why i have singled out these 3? do people think my thinking is totally wrong?? please tell me if i am.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by geraintm »

ashmite84 wrote:
I was thinking similarly. Except I'd say 'I wouldn't be surprized if one of you two is scum'. Your post seems too near-certain, and I know I'm not scum (though this doesn't help the rest of the town), and finally I rather think that there wouldn't be two scum on this one wagon (though there's nothing to say it couldn't happen).
well, of course you would say 1 of 2
i admit i am a bad finder of scum. this to me is the best odds i have found in a game for a while. i am not going to let go i don't think
Yosarian2 wrote:
geraintm wrote:and my reading of the situation is all because of the claim. as i have said, a wagon that quick i would be very, very surprised is at least one of the 3 votes isn't scum based.
Why?
have i not explained it in my other posts? do you want me to explain again?

Yosarian2 wrote:but right now, your argument seems to be "A, B, and C all voted for D, so one of them is scum", and that's just not a valid argument.
it isn't quiet that. it is that as ABC voted for D, i beleive that my odds of catching a scum from those 3 is better than the general odds of picking from the whole town, that is my argument. i have said that i don't beleive all 3 of you are scum, so i accept that it is likely 2 of you had what you thought were good reasons to vote, but one of you i think didn't. i don't know who andi am still likely to get it wrong.

Strife - what are you comfortable doing then today? are you telling me i should lay off my train of thought?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by geraintm »

strife220 wrote: What did you think of a SC lynch before the wagon grew? How confident that he is telling the truth about being doc and why?
had no real opinion on him, he was neither above or below my normal level of suspscion. i was frankly surprised the wagon grew so fast
with the doc claim, i am choosing to beleive it at the moment
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 am

Post by geraintm »

SmintyLost23 wrote:
Ooooh. Now this is an interesting thought.
fos: geraintm
can you explain what you found interesting? you vote for me in your next post because of this, but i would like to understand better than ouch as you steal someone else's thoughts.
strife220 wrote:
geraintm wrote:Strife - what are you comfortable doing then today? are you telling me i should lay off my train of thought?
Yea I admit to being a bit of a nay-sayer here. I'm still most content with a Sminty-lynch. I had Ashmite pegged as pro-town earlier in the game, but am now starting to second guess myeslf. His handling of the SC claim is very awkward, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because he knows SC's alignment. I've also got very mixed feelings on you, Geraintm, and am having a hard time figuring out of they're scum-tells or if that's just how you play.
sorry if i am confusing you. i dont know why, i've had quiet tunnel vision for most of today, my thoughts haven't realyl veered anywhere except the wagon 3 and i've explained my thinking over and over again. where are my scum-tells then?
omni wrote:Sorry I'm here I just can't see much reason to add anything in, I do like this point about Gerantium, also I don't really think a role reveal (true or false) is that big on Day 1
sorry, what point abou tme??

Cougar - my god, you don't half make things difficult. what the heck is all this if i am not doc stuff, and even if i am scum, why shouldpeople vote me.
are you trying to confuse me? i as quiet happy to keep on today with my assumption you were the doc. no one else so far has said they are teh doc, so i was going to keep at it till proved otehrwise. and then you start just behaving like this....
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:02 am

Post by geraintm »

but omni, you def said you agreed with apoint that i an't work out what it was.
agree cougar is def makign things very, very odd.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by geraintm »

cougar, what on earth do you mean above. what the heck does that wink mean??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by geraintm »

Yosarian2 wrote:Um...you want me to explain Strife's post? Or is this a "Strife said you shouldn't lynch me so you can't" defense?

Let me put it this way. Normally, if you think there's a 50/50 chance someone is scum, they are a good day 1 lynch; it's a lot better then random, and about the best the town is likely to do day 1. However, if there's a 50% chance they're scum and a 50% chance they're the doc, then they're a bad risk. That's why I unvoted you.

However, if you think there's a 75% chance they're scum and a 25% chance they're doc, or something like that, then it's probably worth taking the risk and lynching them anyway.
i don't get this. this is the same logic i was using to go after those on the cougar wagon and yet you kept calling me out on it. why is it alright for you to explain it like this and not me. quiet clearly you understand my logic, were you just choosing to ignore it.

and cougar, strife is kinda making sense. you are the oddest claimed doc i have ever seen
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 am

Post by geraintm »

really? i said i think there is a 33% chance each that those 3 are scum and he was on about what odds you need to go and vote for someone. i was saying how i think 33% is better than 22% for everyone. for me, a 50% increase in the probibility of catching scum is good odds. why is that so very different to what he was saying, and is it really that different that he kepton telling me he couldnt understand what i was saying?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:17 am

Post by geraintm »

strife220 wrote:
You Guessed there's a 33% chance of hitting scum, which is based on the assumption that SC is doc and that there is not 0 or 2 scum on the wagon. So first off, your % feels arbitrary. You're saying there's a 0% chance that SC is scum (if scum aren't bussing their partner D1), and there's a 0% chance that any combination of myself, Omni, CaffCow, and Deffie, and SC is scum.
well, at the time i started, i didnt really doubt cougar;'s claim. and i said that i was making the assumption there was at least 1 scum on out of the three. so the 33% isn't arbitary really. and i did discount the fact that cougar was scum, i was kinda expecting more of a counter claim if he wasnt
and i did say that i would be very surprised if at least one of theose three werent scum, but i think my best way of voting today is for one of those three
strife220 wrote: Secondly, Yosarian's stated probabilities is an issue of risk vs reward of lynching a power-role. It makes no blanket assumptions and analyzes a single player for their actions. Your '33%' is decided off of something you have accepted as fact and doesn't take the player's actions into view. It's independent of the scummy-ness of SC and the scummy-ness (or townie-ness) of those voting for him.
Yos' was talking about probabilities of lynching someone with a power role and risk/reward. i was doing the same with those 3 and them being anything but scum. it really is the same as far as i can see, well, very very close, but of us were talking about our perceived probabilites someone is scum and if we think that is a good enough odds to go and vote for them. the basic ideas were the same, which is why i couldnt understand why yos was picking me up for when i was doing it and when he wants to do it
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:27 am

Post by geraintm »

oh, i dont want to make a huge deal out of this, it isnt really important
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:Everybody, I know it's a little early to ask this, but if you had to make a guess as to the scum pair right now, who would you pick and why?
terrible. agree withs trife, so difficult to catch one scum, trying to get pairs is impossible.
Yosarian2 wrote: IF you had a good, solid, REASON to assume that one of the three of the people on the bandwagon were scum. But you didn't. Basically, I don't have a problem with your math, it's just that you never proved your initial assumption that you then based the math off of.
oh, ok. i get why you disagree with me. we have different opinions on that wagi that formed. as long as you respect me enough to let me beleive in my reasons, we should be ok. sorry for making a deal out of the whole thing
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:45 am

Post by geraintm »

you didn't see the logic sminty?
if you make the assumption that cougar is town (as i did), then the speed that the wagon formed doesn't seem 100% kosher (at least to me).
to me, i always suspected that one of them was oppotunisitc scum. and then said i thought the odds of catching scum from those 3 was higher than trying to pick from the rest of the town.

Q: if you got me lynched, what would happen when i turn up town?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (isolation #36) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

SmintyLost23 wrote:
geraintm wrote:
Q: if you got me lynched, what would happen when i turn up town?
Then I would re-evaluate your posts and the posts of others.
nice safe answer :-)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:58 am

Post by geraintm »

can i ask why ash?
why do you have me as the top lynch?
is it because of my wanting to go after the 3 on the wagon?
if so, then why did you write this ages ago
ashmite84 wrote:
geraintm wrote:does my logic make sense to people? do people understand why i have singled out these 3? do people think my thinking is totally wrong?? please tell me if i am.
Your logic makes sense to me. I understand why you have pointed out we 3. I don't think your thinking is wrong. The odds are there.

Having said that, this could also be a good strategy for scum to park a vote.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:30 am

Post by geraintm »

but at the time, i didn't know which of the three i thought was the most likely to be scum. i couldn't throw out a name just for convenience's sake.
i am happy with my logic, being town and all
your unhappiness with my logic only works if you assume i am scum.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #39) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:06 am

Post by geraintm »

yeah, i did realise was talking rubbish as i hit post, but all ashmite did was go "if you are scum, theni can say this about your post and you look bad"
i know i am town, i know from my point of view what i am doing isn't bad, so to me my logic isn' bad, but if others are looking for ways so i appear bad, then that is hard to argue against. i just look crap and they can say "well, you would say that, wouldnt you"
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by geraintm »

fisher, you really comein and place a vote like that and not expect any heat?
if you though ashmite was the best lycnh now, you do realise placing a vot eliek that is going to have the opposite effect and generate sympathy and confusion?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:14 am

Post by geraintm »

notice, will be away after ttoday till monday
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by geraintm »

roleblocker?
in a newbie game?
deffie/yoasarian do you really beleive that?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:39 am

Post by geraintm »

ooops
i really should pay more attetion to the set up
i miss the old says with 7 and 50% for doc/cop
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

i dont mind deffie leaving her vote on someone. i often do it, it usually takes a lot for me to switch my vote and if she didnt want to vote for cougar, then she can keep er vote where she likes.
seems a weak reason to me to jump on someone
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by geraintm »

game slowing down
fisher, where is that post you promised?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by geraintm »

fyzxs wrote:
SC's claim is a little odd, and the lack of dieing (except for having the RB, assuming A), but (having played before) as mafia, I like throwing confusion in by not doing the expected. No CC, ect... He's not on my radar at the moment, same with those unmentioned.

That's my initial read through impression.
agree, cougar's claim which seemed to com out of nowhere looks odder as the game goes on
like to know then what your gut is saying about me so i can respond.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:01 am

Post by geraintm »

well, there was no cross claim, so hard not to at the time not accept him as true. my percentages thing only made sense if i assumed he was a doc, but as no one gave me any reason not to doubt that claim, except cougar himself, i went with it.

your problem with my post 312, well, that is just a difference of opinion. i just found the bandwagon to have some scuminess to it, you can explain it all away as normal town behaviour.
i didnt say that townies couldnt find the guy scummy, but i felt it was very unliekly that there was no scum jumping on there, and that is why i went with my theory

anyways, glad i heard from you what your problem wa with me
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

vote yosarian

the game isn't going anywhere at the moment
and as i still think one of sminty now fyzxs and yoasarian are scum, i guess i shoudl vote
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 am

Post by geraintm »

Yosarian2 wrote:...Didn't, like, everyone in the game explain to you yesterday why that was terrible, terrible logic, geraintm?
i did get people telling me i was wrong, i didnt exactly change my thinking though.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Unvote: Deffie
Vote: geraintm
for being impatient. If you think the game isn't going anywhere, say something you think is relevant. Don't just sit there, say who you think is scummy, and pick one. Why do you genuinely believe Yosarian2 is scummier than fyzxs?
i wasn't getting impatient, all i said was the game wasnt going anywhere. that isnt the same thing
i have said all along i thought those two were scummy. i said it yesterday, my vote for ash was based on the three of them being scummy and so i still think those two are scummy today.
fyzxs wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:fyzxs: Yeah, it's 4 votes to lynch, but by my count, geraintm is only at 1 vote right now.
Right, and if I'm wrong - then the mafia could hammer. Of course they'd kinda out themselves at that point, so it would be a good lynch, hehe. Based on that new thinking
Vote: geraintm
bad post
i cant see you actually worrying about two mafia coming in with a hammer, or if they did it wold be a good thing. this to me looks like you are trying to worry...

strife - how confident am i about cougar.
not 100% obv, but pretty strong. the only personwho has given me any second thoughts about cougar is cougar themself! as no one has said cougar is lying, i see no reason yet to have cougar not as he says he is

warning
will be away from thursday till sunday so wont be able to post till monday after wednesday
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:52 am

Post by geraintm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
geraintm wrote:i did get people telling me i was wrong, i didnt exactly change my thinking though.
Ok, why not?
i was happy with my thinking, and despite you and sminty telling me i was wrong, i still like it. did i at any stage before say i stopped liking my logic?

Yosarian2 wrote:
geraintm wrote: strife - how confident am i about cougar.
not 100% obv, but pretty strong. the only personwho has given me any second thoughts about cougar is cougar themself! as no one has said cougar is lying, i see no reason yet to have cougar not as he says he is
And this makes little sense either.
doesnt it?
i was asked if i beleive cougar
i said i did.
i said no one has couter claimed him yet. and that the only reason to doubt his claim was actualyl cougar's own weirdness, but overall i beleived him
Yosarian2 wrote: You mean, you're going to assume cougar is pro-town until someone counterclaims him? You do know that there's a 50/50 chance there's no doc in the game at all, right?

Yeah, I'm not buying any of this.
vote:geraintm

By the way, everyone, I believe that puts him at lynch -1.
so you believe i am scum who has come out and said cougar is doc and is trying to get you or sminty/fyxks lynched. you beleive i would as scum come out and disagree with everyone, putting my vote out early and obviosuly so that i would get noticed.
rather than beleiving i am a townie who thinks cougar is a doc and is trying to get you or fyzks lynched because i think the odds are one of you is scum and is commited to that logic and votes accordingly

when i turn up town, what will you think then?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by geraintm »

i am basic town
and strife, you misrepresent my thinking of why i thought those three were likely to have one scum among them. i felt at the time the wagon moved too fast and was unlikely to have formed without some scum help. that is why those 3 are different in my eyes to everyone else.

yos - sorry if my phrasing about doubting cougar doesn't read write. what i meant to say was that no one else in the town has said anything to make me doubt cougars claim, there have been no counterclaims or anything like that. the only person who has caused me to doubt cougars claim was cougar themself with the rest of their posts of day one.

i find it kinda sadly amusing you are all planning on your next set of lynches of who i best partner with. its going to be annoying that if i am lynched and then come up town you've all been looking one way and that direction is completely wrong.
i do like it though that fyxks has me most likely partner with yosarian...the person who i am voting for. i love the idea that he thinks i am scummy because i am pushing for a bad lynch today with poor logic...and the person i want to lynch is my partner.

you all seem to have me lynched already (and i am pretty sure my claim is going to change no ones mind which is very annoying) so i ask now for those who are town to think about tomorrow then when you wake up with 4 townies down. i really don't want town to lose so i wish those left in the game have some sort of plan for tomorrow when they are going to be so close to losing.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

hello, am back after being away, will catch up later today
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:40 am

Post by geraintm »

thanks for the post.
surprised the gamemoved so little whilst i was away.
strife220 wrote:
geraintm wrote:i find it kinda sadly amusing you are all planning on your next set of lynches of who i best partner with. its going to be annoying that if i am lynched and then come up town you've all been looking one way and that direction is completely wrong.
I'm actually using pairings as one of the reasons I'm Not voting for you. The discussion is not harmful to you unless you're scum and made an obvious connection with a partner.
as town and i want to win, i don't want people wasting time trying to work out who is scum based on me being scum, as i know if you had lynched me it would have been a complete waste of time. i take the view that if i die, then it is still ok and counts as a win if the town wins in the end and my death wasnt in vain. you dont need to be alive at the end of the game to win.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (isolation #54) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:56 am

Post by geraintm »

yos, yes, i really am town. just frustrated in this game that i had a theory that i have kinda stuck to, first game i have really done this, and i am getting so much heat for it.
no on else likes it :-(
but i dont like the idea of switching my vote to cougar or deffie or someone else, just because they are more likely to get lynched than me. i would want a good, good reason to vote for someone. it just so happens that no one else agrees with my reasoning at the moment
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by geraintm »

yos, not sur ehow to convince you i am town. i am voting for you, and doing something like unvoting would just come across as scummy as i would only be doing it to save my own hide, rather than because i beleived it was the best vote
do you see my predicament?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:02 am

Post by geraintm »

sorry, wasting time is one way ofputting it, the other that a long discussion on my potential partner when i know i will turn up town is bad for the town, just allows the game to get very confused with people trying to make guessed on who scum is, all based on faulty reasoning. why i always try and squash guessing of scum buddies during day one in games i am in

choosing yos over fyxks - there really wasnt much to choose between the two, and at the time was probably more of a coin flip than anything, at this stage i cant really remember why i went one way and not the other.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (isolation #57) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
geraintm wrote:yos, not sur ehow to convince you i am town. i am voting for you, and doing something like unvoting would just come across as scummy as i would only be doing it to save my own hide, rather than because i beleived it was the best vote
do you see my predicament?
So, what you're saying is, you're keeping your vote on me because you're worried you'd look scummy if you didn't?
at least i have a reason for my vote, drake just comes out with "nothing i can point out". at least give me some credit for havign explained my reasoning, even if you dont agree with it
fyzxs wrote: Personally - if you think yos is scummiest, I'm all for you keeping your vote on him. That's why my vote is on you.
sorry, dont follow, you are voting for me because i am voting for yos?
strife220 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
geraintm wrote:choosing yos over fyxks - there really wasnt much to choose between the two, and at the time was probably more of a coin flip than anything, at this stage i cant really remember why i went one way and not the other.
Why does there seem to be something that's not right with this paragraph?
That's because it isn't right. If you don't recall how you made your choice then, can you at least explain why you're sticking to that choice? Because switching votes is scummy?
i cant recall now why i picked yos over fykxs. i sstill have them together in my pair of scum where i beleive there is now a 50% chance of one of them being scum. i must have at the time thought yos was 51% of being scum. i def dont see a reason to switch my vote at the moment to anyone else. i am not going to switch votes just to try and lesson (sp?) the pressure on myself
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by geraintm »

drake_259 wrote:
obvious (sorry about that)
i won't hammer someone unless i have a strong case against them
i was talking about the 1st votes not when there high in votes
well it was yeah but i guess it doesn't work, oh well

since theres no point now
Unvote Deffie
drake, there shouldnt be any difference between placing a first vote and last vote, if you think someone is scum then yu vote for them. admitting you want to avoid being the hammer just makes you look bad
and jumping off deffie cause you dont think you can get anyone else to join you...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (isolation #59) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote:
geraintm wrote:drake, there shouldnt be any difference between placing a first vote and last vote, if you think someone is scum then yu vote for them. admitting you want to avoid being the hammer just makes you look bad
What is this, a semantics argument?
geraintm wrote:and jumping off deffie cause you dont think you can get anyone else to join you...
There isn't really a good case against Deffie right now, hence probably why he unvoted.
no,i was trying to make a point that people who so obv avoid hammering should be calle don it, good townies shouldnt be afraid of being the last vote on
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #60) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by geraintm »

forgot to say, due to bank holiday wont be posting tilltueday after today
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (isolation #61) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by geraintm »

drake_259 wrote:
strife220 wrote:Drake: Still like clarity on your view on Deffie here.
I still think she could be Mafia but im not going to open this case up again until she starts talking again.
so you are encouraging them to stay silent, as by staying silent they can slip under your radar? you never even heard of lynch all lurkers? is the reason you are suspcious of me and that your "gut" is saying i am scum because i am posting??

flyzxs - why do you give me so much heat for accepting a doc claim? do you never beleive claism yourself? at the time, i had no reason not to accept the claim of a doc.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (isolation #62) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by geraintm »

there was no counter claim at the time. i felt that was a good enough excuse at the time to go with the idea that cougar was the doc
does no one else beleive he is the doc then, am i the only one? if that is the case, why arent you all voting for him??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (isolation #63) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

StrangerCoug wrote: Wait a minute—geraintm said "lynch all lurkers"? I thought it was "lynch all liars". I don't want to advocate policy lynches, but lynching liars is good. Lynching lurkers is bad.

Confirm vote: geraintm
you didnt consider the possibility that there might be more than one catchy saying based on LAL?
you actually think not lynching lurkers is a good thing? so letting players not talk, just place votes and carry on without contributing at all to the game is a good thing?
why on earth didn't you tell me this before! i couldhave sat there, gone vote: cougar and left it at that and you wouldnt never have lycnhed me!
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (isolation #64) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:51 am

Post by geraintm »

drake_259 wrote:
well 1st of no i haven't heard of lynch all lurkers, newbie remember

and he is right here we may be going around the wrong way with ger, maybe we have to consider the quite ones
letting lurkers have their way and not contribute to a gameis not good, very bad
you need everyone to contribute otherwise people can just sit there, not saying anything. scum woul dhave too easy a ride if they can just hide

so if someone has itpointed out to them they are lurking
and they still dont contribute
perfectly fair to cote for them
to presure them into sayin something
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #65) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:42 am

Post by geraintm »

shoudlnt have to rely on a mod to get people involved in a game. and even they respond to a prod and go "I'm nere, nothing much to say vote cougar" is that enough involvement for them to be ok?
lurkers are bad, bad for town and people who think they can say nothing in a game should be forced out
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (isolation #66) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:49 am

Post by geraintm »

i have no idea where you are going with this thoughts. you confirmed voted me because i said lynch all lurkers, and now you are on about assuming everyone makes the same number of posts. i have no idea what yourlogic is? i have a huge puzzled expression on my face?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by geraintm »

i am confused about the discussion between geraintm and cougar too...
what critiscim of drake??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #68) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:40 am

Post by geraintm »

i told you, i didnt know where you were going with it
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (isolation #69) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by geraintm »

this game has stagnated, people are getting bored
i feel it is down to me
i am also away for a week's holiday next week
and this game is going to die.
if there is a deadline imposed, then i am going to get lynched as i am the onyl one on 3
so
vote strangercoug
as a way of doing something

i am expecting stick for this post
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by geraintm »

my vote on cougar means it is a 2 way tie with 3 votes each.
i am going away for a week after friday and i dont want to be lynched
mod is saying that if he imposes a deadline, then you only need 3 votes to get lynched, so at the time that meant me
but if it is tied with 2 people on 3, then neither will get lynched
being townie and all
i really dont want to get lynched whilst i am away and a deadline gets thrown on
so by voting for cougar then i am stopping anyone getting lynched
not a real vote on cougar, just the best way i can see to stop me getting lynched
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (isolation #71) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by geraintm »

bah! go town...
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #72) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by geraintm »

sorry all, i felt i played terribel this game.
i tried something and it just didnt work

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”