Newbie 628- Declared Abandoned

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:04 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: Blackberry

No crazy claims this game. :P
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:06 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way I am one of the 3 IC along with Blackberry and Dean Harper. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I don't have the site that explains the abbreviations that you will see throughout the game. I'm sure one of the others will.
Welcome to the random stage.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Well it's in Wiki, but here is the actual web address. (I went and looked it up.)

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... reviations

Fixed link- armlx

FOS is the most popular abbreviation.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:24 am

Post by farside22 »

Shadowlein wrote:Ouchie. Sorry, didn't realize this game started.

FoS: Fuzzyman

Too quick a vote, methinks.
Random votes D1 are not unusual. FOS'es don't really get talk started as much. Voting is more powerful in the sense that it adds pressure to people to talk.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:23 am

Post by farside22 »

I know this is a bit slow for people right now. No leads to go off of. Just random votes. It should pick up when we have all players here.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: How about some prods all around.

Will do.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Blackberry wrote:
Fuzzyman wrote:Am I impatient, or is this thread inactive?
Games are typically slow at start. I appreciate your enthusiasm though.

I'd attempt to analyze your comments so far, but I don't want to punish you for your being active. I'm just going to assume you're eager to participate, lol.
You want to expand further on your comment instead of being vague for all the newbs out there.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #40 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:25 am

Post by farside22 »

SecretAgentOrange wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
Fuzzyman wrote:Am I impatient, or is this thread inactive?
Games are typically slow at start. I appreciate your enthusiasm though.

I'd attempt to analyze your comments so far, but I don't want to punish you for your being active. I'm just going to assume you're eager to participate, lol.
You want to expand further on your comment instead of being vague for all the newbs out there.
What was I being vague on? I am confused.

I will post more tonight. Will be back later. PEACE
In reading through the thread, this was the only thing that had me a little confused. Were you saying that there was a potential scumtell in what he was saying? I mean, I know that long days are beneficial to the town, and pushing for a quick lynch is a scummy thing to do. But it seemed to me that all that Fuzzyman was expressing was eagerness to start talking, and talk is good for the town, right? I'm seconding on the whole would-appreciate-clarification, as one of the noobs out there :)

No voting yet for me. No one here looks particularly scummy yet, and I think any joke vote I could make here might get misconstrued when placed with a semi-serious question.

Really he says that he was going to attempt to analyze the comments, but didn't want to punish fuzz for being active. I thought that comment deserved an explanation. Did BB make sense to you on why he would want to analyze Fuzzman
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:38 am

Post by farside22 »

@Shadowlein:
1) Asking for prods is better then asking for a deadline.
2) No lynch day 1 is bad. Discussion is good.
3) Placing votes and random talk is normal when game is just getting started. Sometimes BW's help find scum and sometime you get lucky.

I came to this site after playing somewhere else where speed lynches were the norm. I don't question you newbieness at the moment.

@Fuzzman: Why do you feel the need to explain your random vote? Radom votes, people being the first to vote. None is scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #62 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:37 am

Post by farside22 »

I had a couple of questions and comments towards some people:

rblinker
: posted that he is busy twice now. Places an unvote and vote for SAO still no opinion or comments. Post 49 isn't really helpful. Why are you thinking of changing your vote?
BB:
Do you think active people are typically scummy or lurker types? Post 41 just wanted you to explain why you made your comment to the newbs. It was a bit vague. In what ways is shawdow giving you good and bad vibes?
shawdow:
If you are busy with things why ask for a deadline? You have stated it was to get people more active, but if you are busy with RL stuff how does this help you? Armix suggested the deadline only if people don't get more active. Mod's won't impose a deadline this early. Although early game is difficult for most (even me) why is nonsense rambling really scummy to you?
Secretagent:
Some people think those more active can me scum who are excited by the fact they got a role and not just a town. I think you get both. I've been an eager townie and scum so I think eagerness is a null tell. Why unvote for someone who still wants a deadline (I find this more interesting after she calls you and fuzzman as possible pair)

so far rblinker has been less then helpful and is low on the radar. Shawdow is dangerously close to looking more scummy upon my reread and finding her comment about being busy, but wanting a deadline. This just makes no sense for anyone to do.
I did see Dean's FOS and vote, but I think it was more like hey that looks suspicious to me and when Shawdow continued on about still wanting a deadline after being warned he voted. I could see what BB is talking about with a sutle bw attept however. Dean has been riding low too. I would like to hear more from him on everyone at this point just to see what he says.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #72 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:52 am

Post by farside22 »

SecretAgent:
May I call you SAO for short? First beware of flattery. Scum use it and town use it. I am always wary when someone tells me how town I look or follows my lead. I lean scum more then town in those situations. Second I am terrible with starts in day 1. I always feel tongue tied on what to say. I vote and then sit back to see what others have to say. Some games are easier to talk through then others. Finally I agree that more talk is needed. I do not promote quick lynches ever. It bennifts scum more then the town.
blinker:
As I just stated above getting started on what to say is difficult, but adding to the conversation that has taken place. Giving your opinion, asking questions all of this can be a starting point. I know it is 3 pages, but as you see with SAO and myself we just made a list of the players and wrote are thoughts on their play thus far. Now chop chop.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry mod that was my fault.
Shadow: you are at L-1 claim please.
Also no one better hammer right now. There is still much to discuss from others who have not posted as much.
@Blink: I don't get why you believe SAO is scummy for knowing so much. It is better to be informed then not. Beside no one got there role till what over a week ago. Unless she has nothing but time to sit and read the games there is nothing scummy about being informed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #82 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Shadowlein wrote:Sure. Now I know I'll make a great joker.

Fine, I'm vanilla townie. There. Happy?

@Blinks - I'm not that busy now, kays?

@Orange - Fine, so it might be an OMGUS. Or it could just be that I'm paranoid.
Oh and I'm not really prone to "spamming up the board" with pointless messages, but I'm really just as eager as Fuzzy.

Or do I have to start using caps and exclamation marks and short and rather pointless posts to prove my point?

Because I think I'll be lynched soon, after this game, I'm still a newbie right? Or am I gonna be semi-experienced and able to replace into games?
Why you are scummy:

1) asking for a deadline when you state you are busy.
2) When told why it is scummy you still think a deadline is a good idea

To answer your question about newbie. You are considered semi-experienced once you are lynched from a newb game. Also if you get board with the stalling or lack of game play I always recommend a normal mini game or open game to play too. There are not as crazy as the theme mini or larger games and gives you a bit more experience as well.

Blink: Although it was pointed out that conversation was needed why did you decide to put shadow at L-1. SAO is correct in her statement in regards to scum comming in and hammering to stifle the conversation and cause confusion.
I will point out scum can put someone at L-1 when they think it will be an easy lynch.

unvote:
vote: Blink

I think you could have made your statement without the vote. There was a few people talking about keeping conversation going and wanting more information. Your vote looks oportunist to me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #84 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:44 am

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:
farside22 wrote: Blink: Although it was pointed out that conversation was needed why did you decide to put shadow at L-1. SAO is correct in her statement in regards to scum comming in and hammering to stifle the conversation and cause confusion.

The reason I put Shadow at L-1 was because I belive she is scum, there is that chance that she might be townie but if im wrong theres 3 other people wrong.
What about those who haven't had much to say. Many people are being quiet. Like I said scum can either be very talkative or lurker. You can't ignore everyone else. Do you think the fact that Dean did an FOS and then a vote was scummy? Do you think SAO is right in believing that if someone hammers right now they are scummy no matter what Shadow's alignement is?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #87 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:13 am

Post by farside22 »

SAO: It's hard to say if a newb is town or scum in any situation. Some are just making mistakes. Some are scum and some are town. There is no way to really tell which one it is when it happens. My problem with Shadow is that she asked for a deadline when she herself is busy and when we pointed out why this was the wrong action to take. She defends herself using the mod's PM to everyone and still asking for a deadline. Things that hurt the town whether she comes up scum or town is anti-town. Sometimes (not always) people vote for those who hurt the town because it is the anti-town (whether scum or town they turn out to be) that can cause the town to fail.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:No one's brought this up, but what does everyone think of the Vanilla Townie roleclaim by Shadowlein? Believable or not?

Personally I'm 50/50 on the claim, don't know yet. I still think their the best lynch today. Because if they arnt killed I'm always gonna have that doubt in the back of my mind that they may be scum, and have gotten away with it.
I'm surprised she knows the term vanilla townie because the role says townie not vanilla. Some newbies don't know vanilla to be added or what it means. That said townie is a role anyone can claim. Scum will claim it as well as a person who really is a townie so it's a null tell for me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #99 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:51 am

Post by farside22 »

Townie is a soft claim. Some people it is easier to see with what they write if there is something there you believe. There was nothing in what Shadow wrote that really said anything to me.
@SAO: Shadow just admitted to reading the boards so you would think she knew it would come off scummy.
Here is where I agree adn disagree with SAO on the question of whether we should be looking at others.
We have a soft claim. Some believe Shadow is scummy. However we don't know if she is scum who her partner may be. During this time looking at others to question them and poke at others (especially those who haven't been around) deserve a little pressure to get a read on as well.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #101 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:13 am

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:Like I said that I had the 50/50 feeling about SOA, I think it may have went up a little. Somone just wrote about if Shadow was scum, who would her partner be. SOA doesnt want Shadow getting lynched. She is kind of trying to get people to change their minds about Shadow. I think SOA could be the partner but Im not fully certain. This could come off really good ormbad, what do you think.
I feel I'm in a different game then bliker is. LOL. Go back and read what SOA is saying. She isn't saying she is against Shadow. She is looking and talking about everything out first which is a pro-town thing to do.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Have all prods been picked up?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #114 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

farside22, SAO: You don't stand out much due to others being scummy, will have to reread. farside seems very passive though and SAO, while wishy washy, seemed to stop an easy lynch.

There is nothing wrong stoping an "easy lynch" Most scum love easy lynches. Not saying this dictates Shadow as scum or town. Just saying I don't see SAO was wishy washy. I think if there were more people actually participating in the discussion and we were L-1 with a soft claim I would hammer Shadow myself. However with very little comments and a few scummy things noted I'm seeing who else comes across as scum to either (a) find someone who could be Shadow's scum buddy or (b) if Shadow comes up town be more informed for toworrow on those who were scummy in regards to pushing a lynch against Shadow with little to no effort.
Case in point:
If Shadow is scum then bliker putting Shadow at l-1 would not be so scummy. Not to be rude to newbs on this one but I don't think a newb would out there partner day 1. I could be wrong but reading bliker I don't think this is the case.
Last point having a claim at L-1 isn't wrong to ask, asking for claim at L-2 is questionable.
Question to Coheed. Why would you ask for a claim at L-2 and why are you eager for her to claim?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #117 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sure the mafia will kill the claim cop or doc once they are outed, but lynching a power role is useless for the town and useful for the scum. Lynching the power role saves the scum from having to target that power role and for killing someone else. While town not lynching the power role leads to more discussion and possibly finding scum. Where as I said claiming town is null.
Just a point this game we don't know if we have a cop a doc or both so some claims are taken with a grain of salt.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #119 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote:
farside22 wrote:Sure the mafia will kill the claim cop or doc once they are outed, but lynching a power role is useless for the town and useful for the scum. Lynching the power role saves the scum from having to target that power role and for killing someone else. While town not lynching the power role leads to more discussion and possibly finding scum. Where as I said claiming town is null.
Just a point this game we don't know if we have a cop a doc or both so some claims are taken with a grain of salt.
But the power role will die N1 if it is outed, even if it isn't lynched. It will still be useless since 1) A dead cop can't tell you anything 2) Doctor can't protect itself. The doctor could protect the cop, meaning the cop would be useful, but by that logic the Mafia could claim cop and we don't need WIFOM.

The only reason I could see you wanting a claim for a good reason is if you were going to hammer her otherwise (since neither SAO, blackberry or Tool looked likely to hammer), which seems scummy personally on what we have so far.
Looking for scum is better then lynching a claimed doc or cop.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #121 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Takes deep breathe. Mutters about finding BB and Dean Harper for not helping as IC and kicking them in the butt.
Takes another breathe and counts to 10 3 times

Alright here is where you are wrong.
What day a day lynch give that a night kill does not?
A day lynch gives the town a chance to find scum. We control the votes, we control the lynch. Finding scum should always be top priority as town. If someone were at L-1 and claimed cop or doc they should not be lynched because (1) if the claim is cop we don't know if there is a doc who can protect the cop (2) the doc will most likely be killed N1, but lynching a cop or doc D1 benefits scum.
Now tell me how it benefits the town lynching someone without finding out if they are a power role? Are we not in fact giving the scum exactly what they want by lynching a power role?
Please look around the site you will see it is common practice to ask for claims at L-1.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #122 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
Takes deep breathe. Mutters about finding BB and Dean Harper for not helping as IC and kicking them in the butt.
Takes another breathe and counts to 10 3 times

Alright here is where you are wrong.
What
does
a day lynch give that a night kill does not?
A day lynch gives the town a chance to find scum. We control the votes, we control the lynch. Finding scum should always be top priority as town. If someone were at L-1 and claimed cop or doc they should not be lynched because (1) if the claim is cop we don't know if there is a doc who can protect the cop (2) the doc will most likely be killed N1, but lynching a cop or doc D1 benefits scum.
Now tell me how it benefits the town lynching someone without finding out if they are a power role? Are we not in fact giving the scum exactly what they want by lynching a power role?
Please look around the site you will see it is common practice to ask for claims at L-1.
Sorry that should be does in there not day in bold
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #123 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the triple post. I suggest reading this:

viewtopic.php?t=8406&highlight=claims
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #132 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote:Also
I think if there were more people actually participating in the discussion and we were L-1 with a soft claim I would hammer Shadow myself. However with very little comments and a few scummy things noted I'm seeing who else comes across as scum to either (a) find someone who could be Shadow's scum buddy or (b) if Shadow comes up town be more informed for toworrow on those who were scummy in regards to pushing a lynch against Shadow with little to no effort.
Is it just me or is this a bit scummy. Seems like a breadcrumb to you hammering in the near future and then going "I told you so". You are also assuming that Shadowlien will get lynched as fact, when the case against her while strong, isn't as great as you imply.

Also,
I would ask rblinker to unvote
, until we hear more from Shadowlien, and more from Blackberry/his replacement on his opinion.

To clarify, I am not especially against a lynch of Shadowlien as she seems like a liar or someone who creates a lot of noise at least, I just think there is a person more scummy than her.

Especially since "you know the term Vanilla, so you should know that calling for deadlines is anti-town" is bad logic since you could read an article on the wiki to find that they are called Vanilla but you would still not know the later.
I said
if
there was more discussion and we were futher along in the game I would lynch Shadow at L-1. Usually there are more pages of discusion and a soft claim does no good.
Also many people have different view points on day 1. I note you only took the negative ones, but if you read every game on the site every person as for a claim so please don't complain to me because you don't like my answer. I don't really read everything from those wiki topics. I just enjoy playing the game.
unvote:

vote: Scattered

You are coming across as more expierence then other newbs in the game and your attack against me seems desperate and has no merrit. You leave out both good and bad reasons to claim. I am wondering if you are attacking me because I'm an IC or you think I'm scummy. Your basing your accusations on the fact that you don't like what I have to say instead of pointing everything there is. You are making a case and seems to be misconstruding what I say. Since you are so quick to point out all the negative in that topic instead of showing both side let me.
Good Information. A powerrole claim D1 can really help out, a fakeclaim can catch the scum or get him through the game very far very safely. There is something strong in knowing you have that cop there and (in a large game) very likely a protective role.

Bad You can uncover a powerrole that you really don't want to. Also, if a scum does fakeclaim something, you can let the bastard through much much further and easier than you normally would've.
Day 1 cases are generally weak - if someone claims a powerful role and you have reason to believe it, you may require a higher standard of case before you're prepared to lynch on it. Some scummy behaviours can also be explained by certain town roles, so it becomes material to the defence. Note that "I'm the doc" is in itself not a defence, although it may be a reason not to lynch them.
Depending on the the setup and chances of another player being doc, it is pretty bad for power role to claim dayone. It is better they claim then not claim at all should they be close to lynch, But still they are pretty much just signing their death warrant. They should have played better so they wouldn't have needed to claim. I see a townie claim on dayone as being a null issue. And as far as a mafioso claiming anything; that is good especially if you can catch them lying and later lynch them for that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #136 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:09 am

Post by farside22 »

I gave a reason. Your attack has no merrit what so ever. You disagree and give me an FOS because you don't like my explaination. I'm voting on you because you have this big post to prove your point and it doesn't give both prospectives. Basically you are trying to make me look incompedent which is scummy. You are not an IC and giving only one side with lots of text doesn't mean squat. I've stated twice to read other games to see how many people ask for claims yet you seem to focus on it as a scummy read when it is in fact not. That is why I am voting for you. You are trying to push a BS case and manipulating the odds in your favor.
Yeah my votes not going anywhere and you calling me scummy is just a point against you as you don't have a case on me. I call hypocrite. Hypocrite = scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #137 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way I read the article in full now and it look like it was 50/50 on whether to claim or not day1. Some people had better and more reasons then others. I suggest everyone take a look at it yourself.
My vote isn't OMGUS if I have an actual reason to vote for you by the way. I have a case where as you have not case against me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #141 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:53 am

Post by farside22 »

You have not posted anything as a reason to FOS me except that you disagree with me.
Your point against me is misconstuded to make me look (1) incompedent and slighted with no fact behind it. You are basically saying in my response "look, look, look that is so scummy" without pointing to anything in paticular that you find scummy.
You are trying to push a BS case and manipulating the odds in your favor.
Until your post really say anything except these things I think you are scummy.
I'm calling you a hypocrite based on the fact that you are acting like you have this big case on me when there is nothing there and calling my vote OMGUS.
Seriously all you are basing your comments on is because you disagree with me on D1 claims. Thats it. Just because I'm not explaining it well does not deserve critisizm or being called scummy. I think you are manipulating all this because you see mostly newbs who have no clue and no IC to help back me up.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #142 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Has BB picked up his prod
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #145 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:35 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm annoyed you are attacking me when I'm the only IC here and being made to feel inadaquate in my response because you disagree with me.
You tell me that it is scummy over and over asking for a claim, but all it is, is common. I can't tell you the number of games claims are asked for. CC jumped by asking for a claim L-2, but asking for a claim L-1 is not scummy. CC asking people if the believe the claiim is scummy. As I stated townie claim is a null read.
FOS means you are suspicious of someone. Your second attack (post) is more reinforcing how scummy I am by asking for a claim so I see this as you trying to build a case and manipulating others into seeing the said case.
I repeat myself because you haven't stated anything scummy about me, but call me scummy and have not answered my comments in any way shape or form. I am not beating around any bush. I'm calling you manipulative. What part of that did you miss.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #146 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Reasons I find scattered scummy
Post 120 - FOS because he doesn't understand
Post 125 - he points to only the negative comments about day 1 claims to make a point.
Post 126 - completely miscustudes my comment and twist it as scummy
Post 133 - misses my point and as of yet has not explained.

As of yet I haven't seen him explain why he focused on the negatives for claiming day 1. Someone should not be FOS'ed because you misunderstand them. You should FOS because you find them scummy.
I have found on more occasions when someone twist your words they are scum.
In all I feel ever time I've explained myself his attack of me unjustified in any way.
By the way why did you ask bliker to unvote? Basically by bliker in paticular?
I would like an explaination on why you focused on the negative in post 125 and why you take what I say out of context in post 126.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #147 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am

Post by farside22 »

sorry for the triple post this question was to Scattered:
By the way why did you ask bliker to unvote? Basically by bliker in paticular?
I would like an explaination on why you focused on the negative in post 125 and why you take what I say out of context in post 126.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #163 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Secondly, an aggressive playstyle is hardly scummy. Scum know more than town in general, so they have no need to be aggressive as it makes them stand out.
It is designed to push people beyond a point they are comfortable with, to make them slip up and say things they wouldn't if they were questioned casually
This is really WIFOM. Everyone plays differently whether town or scum. I know people who play aggresive no matter what their role is. I am not one of them. Frankly I'm not aggresive till something catches my eye and I feel secure with (a) my vote and (b) my reasons.
"I need to be alive as long as possible to help my team. Therefore, unless I am definately going to be lynched if I don't claim my power role, I shouldn't claim as I will most likely die N1 if I do."
A selfish person with a power role will most likely think:-
"I don't want to die so early now I have a power role, since this is rare. therefore, unless I am definately going to be lynched if I don't claim my power role, I shouldn't claim as I will most likely die N1 if I do."
This is a newb game. I say this because if a newb was given a power role and they make mistakes (like the ones you pointed out for bliker) this logic doesn't apply necessarily. Some people are trying to figure things out and make mistakes and end up in bad situations like being at L-1. The reason a claim is needed at L-1 and someone is a power role is if the town lynches that person the scum have one less power role to worry about and can just pick on another town person to take out. If the cop is outted on day 1 lets say and he claims the town can hope there is a doc to protect the cop so either (1) no one is killed N1 because the scum went after the cop and a doc protected him or (2) the cop isn't NK because the scum worry about the protection of a doc.

She first responds to my claim about her hammering Shadow later (read the relevant posts, I'm not recapping). She says that if there was more discussion, that she would. This is incredibly vague. Does she mean that if the town was more convinced that she would hammer later, or that she just wants some more talking to confirm her beliefs (and don't say "It's obvious" because it isn't). For all we know, she may have just said 2 pages later "after the discussion we have had, I now feel more sure Shadow is scum" and hammered.
You never said this at all. You said I was lining up to lynch Shadow. Which is not what I said or implied. I said if we were further in the day and more discusion were be had then I would hammer. Usually yes many people talk about before the hammer is put down to see if anything else needs be said, but if I was sure of Shadow as scum I would hammer. 3 pages in I am not sure of anyone's alliance.
In regards to your attack on me I'm annoyed because there is no other IC to help me explain what you clearly disagree with. Plus you come in here acting like an IC, which includes casting doubt apon my own knoweledge.
I have since put the 4 areas in which I feel you have misconstude (now you are saying I'm doing that), twisted ideas and used the information I gave as points in your favor against me. When someone does this it is called manipulation.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #164 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:14 am

Post by farside22 »

I notice in post 162 you don't even comment on his point with your OMGUS post. You seem to keep ignoring certain things people point out over and over. I don't know if you are just reading and post real quickly or if you don't have an answer for it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #169 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

What constitutes as OMGUS and whether it is scummy is really quite debatable. If it is something simply another random vote during the RVS (random voting session/stage) than its really nothing. If it is a vote without a case and simply a vote to try and draw attention to someone else while ease suspicion on yourself without valid reasoning than it is scummy. If there is reasoning behind the vote than it is perfectly acceptable to vote someone.
This is the quote in which you missed the comment about OMGUS. You were saying I did OMGUS (also a way to discredit me) which if you read this (which I didn't really know go me even I learned something) your comment was incorrect.
The rest of your post relates to the roleclaiming debate in one way or another, which I have promised I will shut up about.
This is also false. I talked about your comment about people who are aggressive which is a null tell and your claim that being aggressive is not scummy when it in fact depends on the player and their style.
Although some of this is about claims you seem to think that people would act a certain way as not to out themselves so they would not be outted and I was explaining that newbs make mistakes so those thoughts you are talking about don't always happen.
Actually the 3 page comment was from another game. I have another game where they were talking about lyching someone at 3 pages. You want my view on exactly when I would hammer. Well sometimes I think in terms of pages and sometimes I think in terms of time. I think 3 weeks is more then enough time to discuss and find someone scummy to lynch, however if discussion is lagging and people aren't really talking I usually think between 7 and 10 pages are worthy of finding someone scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #173 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote:
This is also false. I talked about your comment about people who are aggressive which is a null tell and your claim that being aggressive is not scummy when it in fact depends on the player and their style.
It still doesn't tell us anything. My post was in response to someone who implied that aggressive players are scummy.
[/quote]

This post sounds matter of fact then an opinion:
Secondly, an aggressive playstyle is hardly scummy. Scum know more than town in general, so they have no need to be aggressive as it makes them stand out.
It is designed to push people beyond a point they are comfortable with, to make them slip up and say things they wouldn't if they were questioned casually
I'm saying it is a null tell. See this is what bothers me about you. You have these matter of a fact statements and then back pedal when I ask further about them saying it doesn't mean anything (twice now you have done this). You've basically are saying things are fact and then later it's just one of those things. You can't just say well this is like (x) and then tell me well I didnt mean black and white (X) I meant shades of grey. That is why it bothered me that you leave out information and only state things that are in your favor.
Last point is that I do have a reason to vote you hence my vote was and is not OMGUS.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #175 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote: To me, Blink's mistakes look like newbie town. I'm not seeing too much scum here as he isn't really pushing for a lynch. He also comes off as a bit new in his posts. Reasoning for inactivity and L1 are still suspicious, but I'll let it pass for now. He also dislikes SAO.
Why do you let a newb pass for being non aggressive in pushing for a lynch, but call SAO and me out for our non aggression?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Will be on V/LA from June 28 and back on July 1st
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #186 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote:
Believe, Decieve and Kick Arse!!

Hmmm, I don't like that line.

Let's try this one:

Avoid suspiscion.
Manipulate your friends.
Eliminate your enemies.
Doesn't sound like something a townie would say, townies are best off being truthful most of the time, was he mucking around or has he just ruined it and is scum?
I notice BB is leaving all his games
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #209 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 am

Post by farside22 »

aioqwe wrote:Ok, just as an IC, never claim scum. 99% chance it's a bad move.

I don't like how the hammer fell so quickly. How much did CKD get to read? And I never really finished reading either...
I didn't like the hammer either. Sure he claimed but fuzzy could have given up more information.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #211 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

There were things that stood out for me on CC.
First we have the wanting a claim at L-2. Usually that is not a biggie, but a little impatient in this post.
CoheedCambria09 wrote:[quote/Shadowlein] ...Erm, if claim in roleclaiming, then no thanks. I'll just see what happens. It's not like people must believe me if I actually said what my role is, right? After all, there aren't any rules against lying...

Wow, I'm sorry but that just sent my scumdar off. That was just horrible in my opinion. You were at L-2 (now L-1), you need to claim, but even so I doubt I'll beleive it after that post.

If you are a townie, please please don't do what you have done here in future games. It just makes everyone think your scum. (I know, I pulled scum tells in my first game not knowing I was.) I'll wait for a claim from you, and a few more pages of info, then I say your noose has arrived.[/quote]

This seems like testing waters. Oh I don't know what to think what does everyone else think.
No one's brought this up, but what does everyone think of the Vanilla Townie roleclaim by Shadowlein? Believable or not?
I'm starting to think is he looking for a quick lynch in this statement:
I'm not saying its a tell, I'm just saying what do people think we should do, should we go ahead and lynch, and possibly hit scum, or back off now that theres a claim and look other directions
1) I came into this game, read the thread, and saw that Shadow was the most scummiest (IMO) So I voted
Was there are is there anyone else you find scummy.
On another note, I still don't fully believe the Shadow claim of town, but I don't see that anyone else still wants a lynch in that direction so my vote can be useful elsewhere unvote
This is so blah.

Overall every post is either looking for confirmation or in that last post just backing up because the wagon he was on lost steam. It isn't till Fuzzy claims scum that a quick vote is done.

vote: CoheedCambria
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #220 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:@Farside *clap clap clap clap* Fuzzy claimed scum, why would I wait to lynch? Do you really think he'd come out and tell us who his partner is, in all my games I've never seen it happen.

@NK- SAO was by far being the most town so I guess it was inevitable that he got it.

I will go back and reread to see who else I find scummy.
I"m not sure what Fuzzy would have said. Someone admitting to scum could be easy to get info from. I could see someone wanting to shut him down fast for that comment as a scum partner, but that wasn't my only problem with you thus far.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #222 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:37 am

Post by farside22 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:so what are you other problems with me then, if you have a case present it so I can defend myself. I know I'm town, and as town our job is to kill scum and I wasn't gonna wait and see if someone was gonna pull WIFOM on that whole buisness.
Read all of post 211
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #225 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:08 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:ok read the game, will do a player by player break down soon...
couple questions though,

aio, interested on your thoughts on farside's and coheed's play yesterday.

farside why such a quick vote? as an IC, I am sure you want to foster a good Day 2 discussion, you dont have any questions for Coheed or anyone else for that matter? Also between fuzzy's confession and the hammer you posted, any reason you didnt post or vote in this game?

rblinker, what has occurred to make you feel that shadow isnt scummy any more?

Scattered, your thoughts on Farside? Farside, your thoughts on scattered now we are in Day 2?
One vote on day 2 is not a quick thing. This isn't lynch or lose situation this is extracting information. I didn't hammer Fuzzy, CC did which is who I am currently questioning.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #227 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:42 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I didnt say you hammered, I said you posted inbetween fuzzy's post and the hammer...I am wondering why you didnt post here after Fuzzy's confession..

also, your thoughts on scattered now we are in Day 2?

also, you didnt comment, you dont ahve questions for Coheed or anyone else today?
I didn't post between fuzzy's post and the hammer. I was off the computer until have CC hammered. I was always told not to talk after a hammer play. As for day 2 I put points against Coheed for his play. As for Scattered he was still manipulative for his comments.
I will get back to this later my little one is upset.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #229 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Does this answer that question
farside22 wrote:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #230 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

I know I checked this site once during my time off. I paid $5 bucks to check my mail and respond to only one game before my husband kicked me off.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #237 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:40 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
farside22 wrote:Does this answer that question
farside22 wrote:
so you did check games (or just one game)...I was just curious why you didnt do anything here...but if you are v/la, you are v/la.
I was at a wedding in Vegas. I had to check my PM's because of my game going on and I checked at game in Little Italy. Usually when I sign on to play. I check my games going from top to bottom unless there is a deadline. I got home 8:00pm PST on June 30th and by that time Fuzzy was lynched and the game was locked.

also, your thoughts on scattered now we are in Day 2?

also, you didnt comment, you dont ahve questions for Coheed or anyone else today?
I thought I said something on scattered, but here goes. I think he is still manipulative, but I can't see him as a player busting his scum buddy day one. I could be wrong, but reading his post now I get aggressive townie that just is twisting things in his favor.
Sure CKD I have a question for you. Did you read the game and what are your thoughts? BB had disappeared (which I notice he is doing in all his games) where were you during Fuzzy's comment and hammer on the 30th?
@Rblinker: Do you have any opinions or thoughts on who could be Fuzzy's scum buddy and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #242 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Scum hammering their scum buddy is not unheard of especially if someone panic's. Hammering stops the talk and allows the person who was their scum buddy to skate free.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #244 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:52 am

Post by farside22 »

@CC: During the time you voted for Shadow was there anyone else you thought was scummy.
Also so you know you are aggressive and then hang back type of approach is the reason I'm looking at you. My post with my vote has your comments about looking for a claim at L-2 then you hang back and not really say anything. Then when questioned about your vote you just voted her because she was the most scummiest. You haven't really offered any opinion of your own.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #246 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:39 am

Post by farside22 »

I've replaced in two games as an IC recently and my first game as IC I had to leave it do to the birth of my child. Right now the two IC games I replaced into are still ongoing. I'm not sure about the one I left do you want me to look that one up?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #247 (isolation #52) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Forgot to add.
Everyone seemed a bit eager in the beginning. How can you say he looks scummy when you weren't hear for it. You said you were reading up and then before anything could be said by you the hammer feel. What happened to your read and comments before that hammer happened?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #249 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:46 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:dont worry about it...I think it is a null tell anyway...it just seemed that you were laying it on pretty thick, but were helpful to the town (newbies)...I was just curious...

and did Fuzzy jump on your radar Day 1 why or why not..if so, when?
Not really. I think I was focused on Scattered too much do to his comments that I believe he was trying to make himself look better then he was. After everything Scattered said and how he mistook things I just ignored his post about Fuzzy.
Would you answer my question about yesterday and where you were during the game and the hammer?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #252 (isolation #54) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:39 am

Post by farside22 »

@CKD: Was there any one you have questions for beside me? Was there anything upon your read that seems to you that just about everyone did some scummy act.
@aioqwe: Who do you think is scum and why?
I would actually like to hear from everyone on that question above.

Mod: Has Shadow or Scattered picked up there prod?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #254 (isolation #55) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Case in point to scattered: you did on several occassion at like you were an IC and talked down to the only IC in the game as though I know nothing and then preceeded to tell people what was scummy when in fact it was misconstruded in my eyes. I pretty much ignored you as reaching for anyone at that point.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #261 (isolation #56) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote:
can you rephrase the latter question...I have tried to read it 3 times and I am not sure what you are asking...
She's basically saying "Do you have any questions or theories for anyone apart from me.". Kinda looks like a way of taking the heaat of one's self in my personal opinion.
just to make it clear for me..you are fine voting the two people that have gotten heat since the start of the day?
Please show me where I criticised Coheed in Day 2, let alone said I would vote for him in Day 2.

Also please show me when someone put an FOS/vote on Farside in day 2 before I did.

I/They didn't, so I don't know what you are talking about. Farside was
lying
, and it was a scummy lie, so I don't see any problems with my suspicions.
First off do not put words in my mouth it is the initial reason I found you scummy day one. He asked me and not you.
Second on Rblinker I can honestly said I glanced at that post and saw that one contradiction/ comment you made and wanted an answer. I didn't read Coheed or Fuzzy's so I didn't lie.
@CKD: You stated that Fuzzy was obvious scum. My comment is that many people did something scummy that day. During your read did anyone stand out and why. Who wasn't acting scummy day 1 and if Fuzzy was so scummy why was it that only Scattered noticed?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #263 (isolation #57) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Please dont' ignore my question
@CKD: You stated that Fuzzy was obvious scum. My comment is that many people did something scummy that day. During your read did anyone stand out and why. Who wasn't acting scummy day 1 and if Fuzzy was so scummy why was it that only Scattered noticed?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #268 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 am

Post by farside22 »

My point about day 1 because you seem to be missing the point is almost everyone did something scummy that day.

Shadow asked for a deadline
Coheed asked for a claim on L-2 and pushed for the claim over and over
rblinker put a player at L-1 rather quickly
scattered constant misunderstanding and misreprestation of himself (still) :roll:
Fuzzy: one vote to another (which I had seen others do in other games, but they had been town) to adding nothing to scum hunting
You asked me CKD how I couldn't see that Fuzzy was scummy and I am saying that everyone did something scummy at one point or another.
Scattered: You took a quote that CKD asked me about and stated it said something it did not that is how you put words in my mouth.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #270 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:21 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:YOU think everyone did something scummy day 1..I do not.

you are in a newbie game...asking for deadlines, asking for claims "earlier that usual", putting people at -1 so early is not that scummy...also I ask for deadlines all the time. I have done all of those things day 1 in newbie games, to gauge reactions. you asked me who i thought was scummy day 1..I told you..you and dean harper mostly for your interactions with Fuzzy and those on his bandwagon.

also given that Fuzzy was scum, is asking for claims or putting people at -1 really that scummy today?

vote farside
....you really know better than this.
You seem to keep missing my point. Your comment:

yes I read the game, Fuzzy stuck out as being impatient scum. I also didnt like you and Dean Harper...farside, are you usually this "helpful" as an IC? Do yo uhave a completed game where you have been a helpful IC?....did Fuzzy tip your radar at all Day 1?..he seemed pretty obvious to me.
My thought is everyone looked scummy. You certainly weren't around to call him scum or comment and BB was in hiding. I am starting to think Fuzzy gave up because his partner wasn't around to help. Hence my question and comments to you.
I do know better. I have asked and tried to explain myself. You are just throwing a vote without nothing behind it. You think I should ignore every newbie that does something scummy on day 1?
It must be nice to hide and come out and call someone scum without really showing a good reason. :roll:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #272 (isolation #60) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:31 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:so do you think that rblinker and coheed are still scummy for their actions?
I'm voting for coheed for a number of reason's. As for rblinker it's an odd thing to put someone at L-1 with little reason. The fact that fuzzy was on that wagon does not go unnoticed. blinker hasn't been helpful nor has Coheed in scum searching. I'm leaning more on Coheed because I've seen him post elsewhere and say more then he is in this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #274 (isolation #61) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:as I have to be gone for a week I am going to
unvote..

but expect that it will return when I get back, unless something else develops.
I look forward to the tango. :wink:

For those who don't watch So you think you can dance. A couple did the tango based on Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I just had that in my head with CKD and I going back and forth.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #282 (isolation #62) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:37 am

Post by farside22 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:
Vote: rblinker123
This really is not informitive.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #284 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 am

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:What does informitive mean lol I tried looking it up lol but i found a couple of meanings lol.
:cry:

I know my spelling is horrible, but you don't have to be cruel.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #286 (isolation #64) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 am

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:No I was being seroius lol what does it mean haha
informative (comparative more informative, superlative most informative)

providing a lot of useful or interesting information
I read a very informative newspaper article on that subject last week.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #289 (isolation #65) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:46 am

Post by farside22 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Sorry
unvote:rblinker123
no one was posting in this game I didn' know if people had forgot about it, so i just randomly voted a person to see what would happen.
Doing something besides voting for someone would be good. Go over everything that has happened. Ask questions to people. Voting just to vote without a reason doesn't help.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #292 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:56 am

Post by farside22 »

I was hoping to get more input from aioqwe, CC and rblinker. I feel like it's only the 3 of us really playing this game.
Mod: Can your prod: CC, rblinker and aioqwe.
Thanks

Done. Also, finding a replacement is still underway.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #300 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I can understand why CC was investigated. I had many points and reasons that I felt made him look scummy.
unvote:

As for Aio he has been AOWL most of the game. I believe he replaced Dean who did the whole Fos then vote for Shadow on day 1. Other then that nothing has been said by him.
As I said before I thought maybe Fuzzy gave up because his partner was missing that is why I attacked CKD a bit.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #305 (isolation #68) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:22 am

Post by farside22 »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:so farside, is it in your opinion right now that we should focus on CKD and Aio today, since they were both "missing" yesterday?
I thought CKD might have been fuzzy's partner, but I don't see anyone claiming as he did as scummy. I'm leaning on Aio at this point. Looking at Fuzzy's play he pretty much focused on shadow, CC and rblinker.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #311 (isolation #69) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:farside, I think I am in too many games with you...
Then stop following me. :lol:

I'm thinking aio, but I want to wait to here from him at this point before voting.

CC and CKD: Do you think that watching Fuzzy's play he would try and out his scum partner? I know I had my theory and CC I guess agrees with me on this, but I would like to hear from the both of you on this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #326 (isolation #70) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

I"m going to post my thought on everyone tomorrow if that is ok. I have things going on today.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #350 (isolation #71) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Looking thru just Fuzzy's post. I agree that his push for Shadow looks like this isn't scum, bussing scum. It wasn't neccessary and he tries hard to push the deadline issue.
CC is cleared by Ckd, who claimed cop which I'm not going to dispute this so I will move on.

I see this and I think about what I said about being fustrated.
@Tool: When the hell was your last post? Page 2? Even the posts there have no substance. I wouldn't be surprised if you've completely forgotten about this game, and will never read this. I can't say you're scummy, but for goodness sake, Please Prod: Tool
Also here is what he said about Dean:
@Dean Harper: I'm really not quite sure as to what to think about this guy. The way he jumped onto the Shadow voting train seemed kinda strange, and he could be seen as kinda lurky, but he also has good vibe coming from him and seems to post with good intentions. I will wait and see what more he/his replacement has to say. In the meantime though, I'll be studying your posts further.
Here in his closing remarks I just felt he was giving up on winning in general:
They say that the point of newbie games is to help new mafia players understand, and indulge in mafia theory and mechanics. Quite frankly, I believe that if this is true, then it is not whether my scum partner comes through and wins the game for me or not, but more how much I was able to pick up during this fun experience. Assuming this is correct, I would have to say that thus far, I am one of the biggest winners in this game.
Reading Scattered post: He replaces tool and goes on the aggressive:
Lots of miscommunication, looking like he knows more then he does.
Votes CC because of the whole claim issue. Not getting into again I promise
Questions Rblinker for a bit on his L-1 vote. Questions me further. Attackes BB.
I think over all even though Scattered pointed out Fuzzy first I still don't trust him, but maybe it was the whole arguing back and forth between the two of us.

Deans post: The Fos and vote later for Shadown has been brought up to death. Busy is replaced by Aio who complians about the long post and doesn't really offer much in terms of scum hunting.
I don't really care for this post myself. I know he is acknoweledging his predessor as saying yeah that was scummy. It's really a null tell because town or scum can say this:

But, yeah, I can't shake the scummy vibe coming off of my predecessors. Since we have three lynches left (and one scum), it's probably best if you lynch me now. The Mafia would be crazy to kill me and every day, you're going to have the same dilemma. I just hope that you'll take a look at blink tomorrow.

I agree with Rishi on one point about what scattered is getting at. I think scattered is leaving people in doubt of CKD with his post, which shouldn't be the case at all. Does he think CKD is scum and is using a fake claim to skate through the game because that would be hella ballsy.

I think Rishi is coming through with some valid points even if his predessors didn't help. The discussion between Rishi and Scattered has me remembering my own experience. I still need to look at rblinker.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #360 (isolation #72) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

I know I saw someone say something, but I'm a bit busy today and tomorrow I will be out most of the day. I will come back on Monday with whatever it is I missed. Thanks.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #378 (isolation #73) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry today is really busy at work. I'm a bit behind and I hope that I will have something today. Thanks
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #379 (isolation #74) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:51 am

Post by farside22 »

Finally had a moment to give this game. First this:
I only brought up the claims issue twice. One time I had a positive reaction to it, and the second I was just mentioning THE POSSIBILITY that CKD was false claiming.
I was talking about day 1 not about CKD.
To be honest, you seem overly ready to accept a case against me, or disagree with my views on scum. You also don't seem to read my posts. I'd be fine if you had some good reasoning behind your suspicion, but you admitted yourself it could just be because of personal dislike.
I'm going with disliking of how you didn't like anything I said and making yourself sound more knowledgable and me less so implying that as scummy that got to me. I didn't like how you came off and I haven't figured out if you are just aggressive townie or if you attack everyone and then out your scum partner is your play style at this point.

As for people online and posting elsewhere. I admit to being in many, many games and some games are easy to make quick notes in or I need to update a game I'm modding and don't have time to look at other games I'm in. Some games I respond to more quickly then others do to deadlines, importance, or overall quick impression. If something is going to take me longer to figure out and read thru it kind of goes to the bottom of my priority list unless there is a deadline soon.

Finally I'm not sure why scattered is inclined to believe rblinker is a newb townie over newb scum. It just odd.

Rishi's comment I know it looks scummy, but what do you want from me type excuse doesnt' help. His predessors were less then thrilling.

vote: Rishi
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #389 (isolation #75) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote:
Quote:
I only brought up the claims issue twice. One time I had a positive reaction to it, and the second I was just mentioning THE POSSIBILITY that CKD was false claiming.

I was talking about day 1 not about CKD.
I agree with Rishi on one point about what scattered is getting at.
I think scattered is leaving people in doubt of CKD with his post, which shouldn't be the case at all.
Does he think CKD is scum and is using a fake claim to skate through the game because that would be hella ballsy.
Err, no. Either you aren't being clear here, or are telling a really blatant lie.

Also, I don't mind you disliking me, as long as you keep an open mind to what I post.
I thought you were talking about another post. I didn't realize it was that comment you were talking about.
I need to read what I say more and more.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #408 (isolation #76) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Scattered wrote:
Mod
, are you able to confirm what you would do if someone missed their night deadline? I didn't see it in the rules. Would it be no action or would you choose a target randomly for them.

Given that all parties in newbie games have incentive to use their abilities every night, I would randomize.
Why are you asking? Do you think someone would forget to send in their choice? I'd hope that if there had been a doc they would have been paying attention to the game. I'm more inclided to believe there is no doc then some newb not paying attention
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #411 (isolation #77) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 am

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:I have just read all since my last post which was on page 12 up 2 now and I have seen that alot of people think Im scum. I havent been able to defend myself as I havent been there but I be playing more.
What was your views on who was scummy and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #412 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Please prod CoheedCambria09 and StanleyMarsh007
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #416 (isolation #79) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:Well to be honest I do think some people are scummy but I dont really have anything to back it up with.

Althought there is one thing which could either be a big help or make me look like a right dick, what I was thinking of is that Scattered has always been defending me which you all dont like but ofcourse we cant be scum buddies as Fuzzy was scum but what I was thiinking was that most people in this game see me as the weakest player so Scattered if he was scummy could be trying to keep me in as it would be easier for him to win. (But thankyou for defending me as I havent been here).
My head hurts. Just saying.
I know I owe this game time. now that things have settled I will get through this and have something by end of day Monday.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #420 (isolation #80) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:Well its my feeling that kind of makes me thing there scummy.
Please try and explain better. What you can do is go through peoples post and state why and what they said looks scummy? I think so far you are explaining yourself terrible. It could be that you don't play here or what. So I'm giving you a moment to come up with something that explains what it is you think.
Best thing from everyone is to name your top 2 scum suspects and why. I am talking details about that person that makes them scummy. I will be doing this myself today!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #421 (isolation #81) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:51 am

Post by farside22 »

This is how my post review looks. I basically go to the bottom of the page and look for the player and review each of just that players post. You will see a couple of buttons on the bottome that say display posts from previous: One says All post the next says all users. I click on that and it gives me a list of players then I hit go.
The post numbers say 0-whatever post that person is. I start with say post 1 (which is post 0) and go from there.
I am starting with Rblinker:

Rblinker: votes SAO because he didn't want people to be confused. (really wasn't necessary just FYI) Post 5 says he doesn't know what to say and will try and get more involved.
Post 6 makes a list of people with thoughts and opinions. Noticeably no mention of Fuzzy, Tool (shattered), and either IC. Calls SAO an evil mastermind (ok.) Post 8: When asked about is L-1 vote he comments about 3 others being wrong if Shadow is town. Post 11 seems like he is back tracking due to pressure from people on his vote of shadow.
Post 12 post to not be replaced. Post 13 comments about the loss of SAO. Post 16 talks about fuzzy being scum partner because of his sudden quietness. Lots of post betwen then and 36 with really nothing to say. Post 26 talks about how people find him scummy I guess because he is actively lurkering at this point. Promises to play more.

The problem I am having with rblinker is that I don't know if its a newb play as scum or town. He doesn't really express himself at all and leaves that bit of doubt as to whether it is that he doesn't understand the game or he's scum trying to veil himself off as scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #422 (isolation #82) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Reading shadow and fuzzy interplay I don't see scum pushing against their partner for lynching (at least not from newbs.) I usually don't always think that, but day 1 first post and 3 pages looking to lynch seems a bit aggressive for any newb scum to try and pull off.
Last person to read is Scattered since CC was investigated by CKD and cleared.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #424 (isolation #83) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Can your do a prod of all players please.

Can do.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #425 (isolation #84) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

I will admit to having problems reading scattered post at the moment. i just feel his arogance about everything and I will say I cant read it without getting all those scummy vibes from him again.
I would like to hear everyones view points right about now. Hence the prod.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #429 (isolation #85) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:43 am

Post by farside22 »

rblinker123 wrote:Just a little suggestion because there have been things in the past about her has anyone tried to get anything out of Farside.
Scattered has, but he has suddenly disappeared. I think I have at least attempted to show my thoughts on paper about who is scum.
I believe it is you or Scattered.

@Stanely: What more would you like people to say. You keep waiting, but not posting anything of substance yourself. Input is greatly needed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #432 (isolation #86) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

StanleyMarsh007 wrote:I already did my review of Blink's actions on the second day, so unless you want me to copy and paste, there isn't much more for me to say.
so you still believe blinker is scummy?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #436 (isolation #87) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:45 am

Post by farside22 »

How can I argue with someone who is leaving. You didn't make any quotes and just ramble off that I lied and don't show where you think I lied. Or even flip flopped.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #441 (isolation #88) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Most of my suspicion is still on Scattered. I care less for his exit even more.
Rblinker is there anything really you can add, say, claim at this time since you are at L-1?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #447 (isolation #89) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 am

Post by farside22 »

markfg wrote:Hate to double post but would everyone post there thoughts on the current players to help me get up to speed and start discussion again?
It is better if you read thru the game and gather your own input. I will however go look for my reviews on players for you and post the quote.
First heads up I can give you CKD admitted to be cop yesterday and checked CoheedCambria09. CoheedCambria09 was clean.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #448 (isolation #90) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Here is everything I had on the remaining players:
Rblinker: votes SAO because he didn't want people to be confused. (really wasn't necessary just FYI) Post 5 says he doesn't know what to say and will try and get more involved.
Post 6 makes a list of people with thoughts and opinions. Noticeably no mention of Fuzzy, Tool (shattered), and either IC. Calls SAO an evil mastermind (ok.) Post 8: When asked about is L-1 vote he comments about 3 others being wrong if Shadow is town. Post 11 seems like he is back tracking due to pressure from people on his vote of shadow.
Post 12 post to not be replaced. Post 13 comments about the loss of SAO. Post 16 talks about fuzzy being scum partner because of his sudden quietness. Lots of post betwen then and 36 with really nothing to say. Post 26 talks about how people find him scummy I guess because he is actively lurkering at this point. Promises to play more.

The problem I am having with rblinker is that I don't know if its a newb play as scum or town. He doesn't really express himself at all and leaves that bit of doubt as to whether it is that he doesn't understand the game or he's scum trying to veil himself off as scum.

Reading shadow and fuzzy interplay I don't see scum pushing against their partner for lynching (at least not from newbs.) I usually don't always think that, but day 1 first post and 3 pages looking to lynch seems a bit aggressive for any newb scum to try and pull off.
Last person to read is Scattered since CC was investigated by CKD and cleared.

Reading Scattered post: He replaces tool and goes on the aggressive:
Lots of miscommunication, looking like he knows more then he does.
Votes CC because of the whole claim issue. Not getting into again I promise
Questions Rblinker for a bit on his L-1 vote. Questions me further. Attackes BB.
I think over all even though Scattered pointed out Fuzzy first I still don't trust him, but maybe it was the whole arguing back and forth between the two of us.
I will admit to having problems reading scattered post at the moment. i just feel his arogance about everything and I will say I cant read it without getting all those scummy vibes from him again.
I would like to hear everyones view points right about now. Hence the prod.
Top two scum suspects are rblinker and scattered (the person you replaced) for me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #450 (isolation #91) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

I also stated the following in regards to Rishi.
Deans post: The Fos and vote later for Shadown has been brought up to death. Busy is replaced by Aio who complians about the long post and doesn't really offer much in terms of scum hunting.
I don't really care for this post myself. I know he is acknoweledging his predessor as saying yeah that was scummy. It's really a null tell because town or scum can say this:
I agree with Rishi on one point about what scattered is getting at. I think scattered is leaving people in doubt of CKD with his post, which shouldn't be the case at all. Does he think CKD is scum and is using a fake claim to skate through the game because that would be hella ballsy.

I think Rishi is coming through with some valid points even if his predessors didn't help.
I felt at the point with Rishi and Scattered that scattered still (and probably forever) rubbed me the wrong way. Still don't care for his attitude of telling people how wrong I was and acting like an IC when he in fact wasn't. Doing only particle comment based on his views being right and not on both points of view. So yes I put him on ignore as he is either stubborn or scummy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #452 (isolation #92) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:37 am

Post by farside22 »

markfg wrote:So you're saying you opted to hammer someone because he rubbed you the wrong way? If I'm wrong please clarify for us.
No Scattered rubbed me the wrong way.
Dean and awoi where just here floating the no. Awio gave nothing and Rishi admitted that his predessor was scummy. I just didn't like the way Rishi talked about it. Felt like a plea almost.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #453 (isolation #93) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:53 am

Post by farside22 »

I think we have pleaded with rblinker for long enough. I'm more certain Scattered is scum, but rblinker's lack of play and many inconsistancy is enough to weigh down the hammer.

unvote:
vote: rblinker
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #456 (isolation #94) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:52 am

Post by farside22 »

I still hold true that Fuzzy wasn't trying to bus his partner day one with Shadow. So I really don't see Stanley as the last scum. I have been suspicious of Scattered since day 1 and his contradictions. So that leaves markfg as the last scum in my book. I would like to here from Stanley on his thoughts.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #458 (isolation #95) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:23 am

Post by farside22 »

markfg wrote:Alright, Farside you've dropped the hammer on two townies, rushing the game putting us into LYLO situation without allowing us more time to gather information, with the lynching of Rblinker. Your arguments you've posted have had no merit and are very incoherent. Your only reason for believing I am scum is due to predecessors aggressive play style that caught you off guard and attempted to put the spot light on you but failed due to the poor play of the majority of the town this game, which allowed you to slink around the shadows without really helping us out.

I am almost certain you are the last scum but Stanley I'd like to hear your thoughts. [/b]
Rblinker had been asked more times then I care to count to make a post of something. He failed to do so each time. Either in my mind he was scum trying to look for a way out or town that stalled the game and lost interest. I was leaning on the first issue more.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #459 (isolation #96) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Can you do a prod please?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #461 (isolation #97) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:
Neither markfg or StanleyMarsh007 have picked up prods.....
What do you want to do? Are you going to search for replacements?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #463 (isolation #98) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:30 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:
Farside, do you want the game to continue or should I just call it?
My opinion is that this was created to help newbies more then anything. Since newbie's would have to replace in a lylo situation that it's not going to be much a learning process.
I would call the game abanded myself.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #467 (isolation #99) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:08 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:offered to come back in, but agreed this game was for newbies and should be abandoned.

also...knew farside was scum...too obvious my dear.
My partner voting himself out day 1 set me into a real deserate acts. I did the best I could under the circumstance. Probably should have hammered shadow to give the newbie scum a break.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #469 (isolation #100) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:41 am

Post by farside22 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
farside22 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:offered to come back in, but agreed this game was for newbies and should be abandoned.

also...knew farside was scum...too obvious my dear.
My partner voting himself out day 1 set me into a real deserate acts. I did the best I could under the circumstance. Probably should have hammered shadow to give the newbie scum a break.
in the reread you came off TOO IC...
I'm actually a nice IC no matter my alignment. Scattered's comments really thru me off.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”